Trump Nominates Openly Gay Judicial N...

Trump Nominates Openly Gay Judicial Nominee

There are 18 comments on the On Top Magazine story from Wednesday Oct 17, titled Trump Nominates Openly Gay Judicial Nominee. In it, On Top Magazine reports that:

According to The Washington Blade , Patrick Bumatay, a federal prosecutor, is among a group of 18 nominees, some of which are being named to judgeships. If confirmed to the post by the Senate, Bumatay would become the second openly gay person appointed to the federal appeals court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at On Top Magazine.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#1 Wednesday Oct 17
Good for Patrick! Congrats!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#3 Wednesday Oct 17
This is great news.....equality for all is what America should be all about.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#4 Wednesday Oct 17
Guess he isn't such a this phobe or that phobe or a phobe whatever after all. All you phobes apologize.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#5 Wednesday Oct 17
Gay pride, worldwide! WOO HOO!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#6 Wednesday Oct 17
Gays will still only vote for democrats. They vote as a group. How many gay people got Judgeships under Obama, Bush, Clinton?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Wednesday Oct 17
I'll withhold on an opinion on this until I see something about his record. Believe it or not, there are gay conservatives out there who are not bigots. We will just have to wait to see if he is one of them or not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Wednesday Oct 17
"Trump's nomination of Bumatay stands in contrast to his other 140 judicial nominees, many of whom have anti-LGBT records."

There is no evidence in that article or at wikipedia that this nominee 'stands in contrast' to Ill Duce Trump's other 140 nominees with respect to lgbt rulings or any other rulings.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Thursday Oct 18
RalphB wrote:
I'll withhold on an opinion on this until I see something about his record. Believe it or not, there are gay conservatives out there who are not bigots. We will just have to wait to see if he is one of them or not.
conservative = Bigot! Hater! Ignorant! Homophobe! It's in the democrat handbook.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Thursday Oct 18
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud wrote:
"Trump's nomination of Bumatay stands in contrast to his other 140 judicial nominees, many of whom have anti-LGBT records."

There is no evidence in that article or at wikipedia that this nominee 'stands in contrast' to Ill Duce Trump's other 140 nominees with respect to lgbt rulings or any other rulings.
You tell 'em Philly!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#12 Thursday Oct 18
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>

conservative = Bigot! Hater! Ignorant! Homophobe! It's in the democrat handbook.
Lucky for me then that I'm not a Democrat. Or a Republican. I can't commit 100% to any ideology.
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Thursday Oct 18
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>

Lucky for me then that I'm not a Democrat. Or a Republican. I can't commit 100% to any ideology.
Well I am real proud of you Ralph! Real proud!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#14 Thursday Oct 18
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>

Well I am real proud of you Ralph! Real proud!
Only those who formed my life have any reason to be proud. You, on the other hand, are not affected by how I live or what I believe, so you are deluded if you are attempting to take any pride for how I live or believe.
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Thursday Oct 18
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>

Only those who formed my life have any reason to be proud. You, on the other hand, are not affected by how I live or what I believe, so you are deluded if you are attempting to take any pride for how I live or believe.
sheesh! OK Ralph, I am not proud of you. Hope that makes you feel better.~smooch~

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#16 Thursday Oct 18
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>

sheesh! OK Ralph, I am not proud of you. Hope that makes you feel better.~smooch~
No offense, but I've learned to watch out for sarcasm on these threads.
1 post removed
barry

Monroe, LA

#18 Thursday Oct 18
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud wrote:

so a "gay" person is limited to a certain political and ideological perspective or we must dismiss them?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jesus Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Thursday Oct 18
barry wrote:
<quoted text>
so a "gay" person is limited to a certain political and ideological perspective or we must dismiss them?
I didn't say anything like that in that post. You sure are stoopit.

I said there's no evidence in that article to support its claim that this semi openly gay judge "stands in contrast" to Ill Duce Trump's other nominees. It says nothing at all about his ideology or judicial approach.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#20 Friday Oct 19
Satch wrote:
<quoted text>

Why because you're gay?
Nope. Just simply because there is a lot of sarcasm from both sides of any issue on Topix.
barry

Monroe, LA

#21 Friday Oct 19
Jesus Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>

I didn't say anything like that in that post. You sure are stoopit.

I said there's no evidence in that article to support its claim that this semi openly gay judge "stands in contrast" to Ill Duce Trump's other nominees. It says nothing at all about his ideology or judicial approach.
you have a history. we know you. nice try at denying the implied accusation. and nice try at keeping your response somewhat civil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Elizabeth Warren: DNA test shows strong likelih... 4 min NICK 760
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Aquarius-WY 223,659
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Southern and proud 1,857,815
News History made as two Muslim women elected to Hou... 12 min spud 116
News Schumer: Dems set to push Mueller shield bill o... 12 min CodeTalker 74
News Michelle Obama memoir is next pick for Winfrey ... 13 min NICK 82
News Trumps to skip Kennedy Center Honors for 2nd st... 13 min CodeTalker 7
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 14 min Quivering Lip Lib... 114,861
News Trump sparks California wildfires debate on cle... 6 hr DR X 66