Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third ...

Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party?

There are 29302 comments on the National Ledger story from Jan 12, 2008, titled Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party?. In it, National Ledger reports that:

Rep. Ron Paul's 1988 Libertarian Presidential campaign started with great promise: A former four-term Republican US Congressman running on the ticket of America's third largest party. via National Ledger

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Ledger.

UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30239 Nov 7, 2013
anyone home?\

ABhahahhhhaaaaa
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#30240 Nov 7, 2013
Today I witnessed Thai's at their very worst, after almost 17 years here.. A friend and I went to our very favorite pizza place for lunch, unaware that that one of the Thai political parties was going to hold a rally on the corner where the resturant is located. Never, (and I have traveled all over most of the world) have I seen a sight like I witnessed today. Stupid, obnonious, rude, nasty, smelly, sweaty people blowing whistles, blocking the flow of traffic, blocking the sidwalk, and in general being the dumbest bunch of worthless trash. Entering the resturant to look at the mob and they were upset when told to leave. This was men and women. The the officals at the Bangkok transit authority shut down the escalatores to slow the movments of the mob, trying to exit the scene was wall to wall people, disregarding the need for others to move and helping to creat a bigger mass of people. the only thing I can relate this to is the way Arabs react. The thai people should be very proud of their reaction today. It reminded me of a pack of amimals. Sad day and for anyone of you ever thinking about a visit be sure to check the political climate first. PS. The pizza was perfect.
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30241 Nov 7, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
anyone home?\
ABhahahhhhaaaaa
I've been asking the same question.

Have you nothing to say?
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30242 Nov 7, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
Today I witnessed Thai's at their very worst, after almost 17 years here.. A friend and I went to our very favorite pizza place for lunch, unaware that that one of the Thai political parties was going to hold a rally on the corner where the resturant is located. Never,(and I have traveled all over most of the world) have I seen a sight like I witnessed today. Stupid, obnonious, rude, nasty, smelly, sweaty people blowing whistles, blocking the flow of traffic, blocking the sidwalk, and in general being the dumbest bunch of worthless trash. Entering the resturant to look at the mob and they were upset when told to leave. This was men and women. The the officals at the Bangkok transit authority shut down the escalatores to slow the movments of the mob, trying to exit the scene was wall to wall people, disregarding the need for others to move and helping to creat a bigger mass of people. the only thing I can relate this to is the way Arabs react. The thai people should be very proud of their reaction today. It reminded me of a pack of amimals. Sad day and for anyone of you ever thinking about a visit be sure to check the political climate first. PS. The pizza was perfect.
Context, Easy? What did they want .... more pepperoni?
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#30243 Nov 7, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Context, Easy? What did they want .... more pepperoni?
To be honest I really don't know. I can't vote, so I don't care.
Now to America, it looks like Christie is the poster boy for the east coast GOP, I'm not that sure. But saying that I don't see too much of anything out there.
Biden continues to insert his foot in his mouth weekly and the buffalo assed, buck toothed bimbo can't seem to stay at home. 2014 is going to be one bad year for he, she, it said bull.
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30244 Nov 7, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest I really don't know. I can't vote, so I don't care.
Now to America, it looks like Christie is the poster boy for the east coast GOP, I'm not that sure. But saying that I don't see too much of anything out there.
Biden continues to insert his foot in his mouth weekly and the buffalo assed, buck toothed bimbo can't seem to stay at home. 2014 is going to be one bad year for he, she, it said bull.
Whatever his politics it is impressive when, in a state with
700,000 more registered Democrats, a Republican wins 60% of the
popular vote. Meanwhile the Tea Party folks seem to have lost
almost across the board.

My read is that Christie is a pragmatist who understands that
politics is the "art of the possible," not mindless "my way or
the highway" posturing. As such he does not "win" his way on
every issue in NJ but instead picks his fights carefully with
a fair degree of cunning (ex. unions/pensions).

Since I grew up back there I checked the county-by-county voting
and took note that he pretty much swept the state except in 2
places ... Hudson county, immediately across the bridge from
NYC, and Trenton (seat of state government). There are some
racial overtones in this, but the fact is that Christie has an
ability to attract moderate Democrats. He won decisively in the
smaller cities and suburbs. Impressive.

Ultimately I suspect 2016 will be for Republicans to choose
either an "ideologically pure" Tea Party type with no chance
to win given the demographics or a pragmatic type like Christie
who knows when and where to push the conservative point of view.
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

#30245 Nov 7, 2013
Bill R wrote:
My good friends, years ago I posted that in reality
the career folks in Washington D.C. are the ones
running the show and that exactly who occupies the White House or Congress is immaterial to their
goals and purposes. They are the immovable govern-
ment, in place without the consent of the governed
and care nothing about who is in power, whether it
be Obama or Hillary or whoever else might win an
election. "They" are career folk in place, not at
all subject to your approval or mine. IRS, NSA,
Pentagon, FBI, State Department and more ... they
are the people at the wheel. Obama (or anyone else, for that matter) is a fool to believe otherwise.
I'll pass on the temptation to pointing out that
a key executive at CGI, owner of the no-bid contract for constructing the Obamacare website
AND the distribution of billions to Sandy Hook
residents was a classmate of Michelle Obama.
No MSM mention of this ..........
Politicians are professional actors at best, more likely they are whores.
Who buys them ?

Head of FDA is a revolving door of Monsanto loyalist, SEC run by Goldman Sachs. Senators husbands with billion dollar no bid contracts etc.....
Who buys them ?

Who profits from Obamacare ? Health networks and HMO's

Good article supporting the local position that Hillary / jeb Bush will lead the next election, one will win.
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

#30246 Nov 7, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever his politics it is impressive when, in a state with
700,000 more registered Democrats, a Republican wins 60% of the
popular vote. Meanwhile the Tea Party folks seem to have lost
almost across the board.
My read is that Christie is a pragmatist who understands that
politics is the "art of the possible," not mindless "my way or
the highway" posturing. As such he does not "win" his way on
every issue in NJ but instead picks his fights carefully with
a fair degree of cunning (ex. unions/pensions).
Since I grew up back there I checked the county-by-county voting
and took note that he pretty much swept the state except in 2
places ... Hudson county, immediately across the bridge from
NYC, and Trenton (seat of state government). There are some
racial overtones in this, but the fact is that Christie has an
ability to attract moderate Democrats. He won decisively in the
smaller cities and suburbs. Impressive.
Ultimately I suspect 2016 will be for Republicans to choose
either an "ideologically pure" Tea Party type with no chance
to win given the demographics or a pragmatic type like Christie
who knows when and where to push the conservative point of view.
The lady that ran against him was a loser, the Democratic party gave him a pass. On the other side the legislature was dominated by the Democrats, Christie is alone. He won in a landslide against a patsy and the rest of his party went down........And to top it off it was a record low turnout, not exactly signaling Christie's ability to grow anything important to the conservative cause as much as Christie's career.

I dont question his appeal.

In his first election he defeated Jon Corzine in 2009.......by a slim margin. The former Goldman man and bailout advocate was under fire. Seems to me Christie enjoys what Rudi had, the media props him up and he acted like a leader during a crisis. I fear he turns out to be a Rudi
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#30247 Nov 7, 2013
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>The lady that ran against him was a loser, the Democratic party gave him a pass. On the other side the legislature was dominated by the Democrats, Christie is alone. He won in a landslide against a patsy and the rest of his party went down........And to top it off it was a record low turnout, not exactly signaling Christie's ability to grow anything important to the conservative cause as much as Christie's career.
I dont question his appeal.
In his first election he defeated Jon Corzine in 2009.......by a slim margin. The former Goldman man and bailout advocate was under fire. Seems to me Christie enjoys what Rudi had, the media props him up and he acted like a leader during a crisis. I fear he turns out to be a Rudi
The only really smart thing he has done so far, is get his stomach tied off. I wonder who is really backing him? He has to have a sponsor.
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30248 Nov 8, 2013
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>The lady that ran against him was a loser, the Democratic party gave him a pass. On the other side the legislature was dominated by the Democrats, Christie is alone. He won in a landslide against a patsy and the rest of his party went down........And to top it off it was a record low turnout, not exactly signaling Christie's ability to grow anything important to the conservative cause as much as Christie's career.
I dont question his appeal.
In his first election he defeated Jon Corzine in 2009.......by a slim margin. The former Goldman man and bailout advocate was under fire. Seems to me Christie enjoys what Rudi had, the media props him up and he acted like a leader during a crisis. I fear he turns out to be a Rudi
The demographics of New Jersey virtually insure liberal/progressive
control. Organized crime syndicates and unions dominate the
landscape and essentially own the Democratic machine at the more
local levels, so a 60% victory for Christie speaks of people
going outside the box to vote for someone who has had the moxie
to challenge them.

My read on things is that Christie doesn't look at things from an
broad ideological point of view. Rather than that he looks at the
chess board and makes the best move possible. Politics in New
Jersey is a dirty hardball business. You play the hand you're
dealt.

I haven't read or heard a word about Christie's views on foreign
policy matters or, for that matter, national issues. I am sure
they'll be coming as he postures for a presidential run, but
thus far I am unimpressed that he carries the necessary
credentials to claim he is conservative. Economic solvency is
the key issue. We cannot and should not be a nation that
serves other countries as proxy for their political or economic
goals.



Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30249 Nov 8, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
The only really smart thing he has done so far, is get his stomach tied off. I wonder who is really backing him? He has to have a sponsor.
<chuckling> Home Depot. Lowes. Lumber Liquidators. Jenny
Craig. Bubba's Big Burgers.
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

#30250 Nov 8, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
The demographics of New Jersey virtually insure liberal/progressive
control. Organized crime syndicates and unions dominate the
landscape and essentially own the Democratic machine at the more
local levels, so a 60% victory for Christie speaks of people
going outside the box to vote for someone who has had the moxie
to challenge them.
My read on things is that Christie doesn't look at things from an
broad ideological point of view. Rather than that he looks at the
chess board and makes the best move possible. Politics in New
Jersey is a dirty hardball business. You play the hand you're
dealt.
I haven't read or heard a word about Christie's views on foreign
policy matters or, for that matter, national issues. I am sure
they'll be coming as he postures for a presidential run, but
thus far I am unimpressed that he carries the necessary
credentials to claim he is conservative. Economic solvency is
the key issue. We cannot and should not be a nation that
serves other countries as proxy for their political or economic
goals.
No doubt, the GOP needs to return to fiscal sanity. Boehner has proven inept while new leadership candidates are shunned. Yet pragmatism seems too little, too late.
From my view the public has been manipulated too long and they hunger for truth. Sustainability needs to be the key and that requires a certain amount of ideological purity. We need to hear the status quo is failing, we need to hear we are not, at this time, exceptional.

I have little doubt within the first term of the next President the issue of worlds transactional currency will be on the table. Either by crisis or diplomacy this issue is moving forward rapidly. In the areas of international monetary policy and world trade the type of hard headed conservative we seek for fiscal sanity will most likely be an outside the beltway type. In all fairness getting our best deal in this area is not quite good enough. Just how stubborn and secure in his beliefs is the candidate - this is what I will watch for in the fat man from Jersey, and which bank backs him. I would we not get a chief executive that wants to steer the legislative process, rather the opposite. One that will let the congress suffer their fate and force them to make decisions. Again, an outside the beltway type.

I cant help but wonder........just how many actual humans are actually investing into stocks ? Sure the stock prices rise yet where is the volume, where is the inconsistency of real humans moving the ticker. The whole thing is now banks using algorithms to trade in nano seconds. Sure we have the speculative gypsies and big fund manipulators but what we dont have is real savings pouring into it, just like the housing bubble before it burst. The timing with the inflation of the bond markets is uncanny....almost like QE never ended or tapered, and it didnt. I am buckling up - turbulence ahead

LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

#30251 Nov 8, 2013
A State, Illinois I believe, is debating a 25% tax on marijuana. Some even opine it could replace income tax......

The government is going to sale dope on the market with a 25% tax and compete with a long established and low overhead black market. Really ?

I can see it now, idiots buying their license, paying their vig and then having all the overhead of a legal business getting bailed out of bankruptcy. Meanwhile the hillbillies of Kentucky will reap record profits form the overall price increase in the market.

I predict the first State to pull this stunt will end up doing two things. Spending their so called police savings policing the tax fraud. Dumping large quantities of State dope, probably sub par, in quality, into the market to compete with price.

Roche will save the day with the introduction of marijuana pills, prescription only. Good news your wall street health care overlord will set you right up........its covered
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30252 Nov 9, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't Easy Money causing you to puke, Bubba, its the stench
of the subways and alleys of NYC that make you sick. Been there,
seen it, smelled it.
Bwaahahahhah ....... etc.
What subways? WHat Alley? I don't see them! BAhahhaaaaa
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30253 Nov 9, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
Can you all believe that McCain is thinking about running again? I swear that he must have walked under a coconut tree and the whole bunch fell off and landed on his head. What in the hell is wrong with that old fool? He needs to go to the farm and feed the chickens and get the hell out of the Republican party. He for sure gets more stupid each and every time he opens his mouth. Getting to be just as bad as the half-breed.
Billr use to KOWTOW TO McCAIN , i don't what he she in him?

Bahahahhaaaa
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30254 Nov 9, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been asking the same question.
Have you nothing to say?
If you like Controversial topics, i can supply it will get you going for sure, so?

bahahhahaaa
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30255 Nov 9, 2013
Bill R wrote:
Speaking strictly as an analyst and no more, I
give Chris Christie the edge for the Republican
nomination when the time comes, as no other Re-
publican (in name) has demonstrated an ability to
secure the necessary support in any blue state,
particularly out of the South. Right or wrong,
appeal from the Northeast and Left Coast matters.
His competitors are at this point lightweights
without the support of the MSM and financial
centers.
Now, that being said, I am in agreement with
Localboy that Tom Pence (his darkhorse) offers
a nice choice ... a great choice ... because he
is conservative and from a state with political
weight.
Why would sane person vote for Christie , when NJ is not getting what it wants?
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30256 Nov 9, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay spoiled, you'll live a hell of a lot longer and be happier. I was under the gun for so many years that when I got it pretty much figured out what living was all about, I was in my 50's, damn near missed the boat.
Say! who do you think will be the Rep. main man come next year? Don't see a hell of a lot out there.
All the 7 sins, i get you! ABhahahaaaaaaa
1 post removed
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30258 Nov 9, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not selling him, but I have high regard for his readiness
to speak or act and let the chips fall wear they may. That is
refreshing given the tendency of most politicians of either party
to either follow the party line or deny their genuine beliefs
with hogwash. I have not lived in the Garden State for many
years, but I have a certain admiration for Christie's willingness
to take the flak for decisions unpopular with the hard Right.
What most people overlook is the fact that he has been able to
confront and defeat a Democrat machine filled with corruption
(both political and crime syndicate-based) without apology. The
unions and crime syndicates largely control New Jersey and he
has been able to secure concessions from the unions. There is
a Truman-like "the buck stops here" attitude I admire. He has
shown himself capable of governance.
I understand lots of conservatives note his walking side-by-side
moments with Obama during the campaign, but it seems inconsistent
for conservatives to snub their noses at him when they were
anything but supportive of Romney themselves.
That being said, I cannot endorse or support Christie until I
know a whole lot more about his positions on an abundance of
issues ... international and domestic. I am distrustful of his
tendency to stage photo events. I will need to know much, much
more, so for the present I'll punt and let things evolve.
HE BIPARTISANSHOP-OF-HORROR (the leaders in power) agendas , in sly collobaration , is not amiss , if you can not see both are in the game, pity those who still asleep at the wheel! Really Sad SAD!
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30259 Nov 9, 2013
Bill R wrote:
Amazing ..,.
Didn't know anything about what happened in
Benghazi ....
Didn't know about Fast and Furious ....
Didn't know about IRS abuses of power ....
Didn't know that Obamacare was a disaster before
its web pages opened ....
Didn't know that millions would lose their
medical coverage or that millions would face
dramatic increases ....
Didn't know that millions of phone calls and other
forms of communications were being intercepted by
the Fed ....
Didn't know we were literally spying on our
purported allies ....
But ...
he remains in power without so much as threat of
impeachment.
Wow.
I do know this: if as a relatively low level
corporate executive I exhibited such dereliction
of oath and duty I would have been summarily
fired.
But tomorrow Obama will speak and act as if nothing
happened for which holds responsibility.
You didn't know anything, you must had been asleep at wheel for too long or you been have stockholm syndrome, or? MWbahahahahaaaaaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 5 min Logic Question 4 ... 378
Time to go? 6 min Younohoo 345
News How should the GOP approach immigration? 7 min mjjcpa 318
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Learn to Read 191,809
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 11 min Frankie Rizzo 60,498
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,249,971
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 24 min Ms DP 1,786
News Obamacare could create quandary for Republicans... 54 min Le Jimbo 214
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 185,906
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Coffee Party 332,264
More from around the web