Filner Scandal Casts Shadow On San Di...

Filner Scandal Casts Shadow On San Diego Recovery

There are 68 comments on the National Public Radio story from Jul 19, 2013, titled Filner Scandal Casts Shadow On San Diego Recovery. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

San Diego Mayor Bob Filner's problems - a sex scandal coupled with federal investigations into possible financial improprieties - may end up being purely personal matters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

fingiswold

Fitzgerald, GA

#43 Jul 28, 2013
Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Zippy? But "garden variety" might be organic! That's expensive, you know.
Bob Filner was a young man, never been kissed
He got to thinkin' how much he had missed,
So he grabbed him some girls an' kissed 'em and then
Lawdy lawdy, well he kissed 'em again!
But Filner's kisses done got him a fine!
He got, mmm, mmm, kisses what cost him a fine!
(Cost him a fine)
Filner asked 'em if they had them a man
Told 'em,“Kiss me, and then I will scram!”
He hugged and pleaded like an old man,
Then, whoops lawdy, he got slapped by a hand!
'Cuz his kisses done cost him a fine.
But Filner's kisses done got him a fine!
(Cost him a fine)
Filner saw what he did,
He ran for the door and stopped in a skid,
There be a lawman with a warrant, he say:
“Bob, you're a bad man, we're gonna put you away!
“What you did won't cost you your life,
“But where you're goin', you may be a wife!”
'Cuz now Filner's gotta make his own wine!
And Filner's kisses done cost him a fine!
(Cost...him...a...fine!)
you're a complete dumbshit and troll...faad
Meyer

Poway, CA

#44 Jul 28, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a complete dumbshit and troll...faad
You don't seem to agree with your contemporaries much, do you? Have you always had this difficulty in life? One step off, a little out of synch? Have you ever thought that you might need professional help? You know, there's help out there for you, you just have to take the first step.

Why, that's exactly what Bob Filner's doing! See how easy it is?

But anyway, the title of this thread is "Filner Scandal Casts Shadow on San Diego Recovery." Anyone know what "recovery" it is they're talking about? There's no recovery here to speak of, just decades of business bankruptcies, home foreclosures, condo conversion rip-offs, Petco Park/Padre conflicts that made them just about the worst team in the nation, no jobs and rising unemployment, exactly what recovery is there? None, nada, just not there at all.

So how has Filner's mess worsened anything? It hasn't, it's a perfect example of what this city is now. Really, nothing but garbage in government. Look at that one woman who worked at the Port Authority. She had to have been there at 9/11, and the Port Authority controls the airport. Read up on Abdussattar Shaikh, a city employee at the Citizens Review Board on Police Practices. He rented the rooms to the skyjackers when they learned how to fly, and he stayed on the CRBPP even when he was an FBI informant. He's just an example of how corrupt Golding's and Sander's San Diego was then, there's lots more of him all over this city government.

Filner was doing exactly what he was supposed to do when he got elected, getting busy cleaning up this government. What we're seeing now is garbage bringing him down. Any other era, we'd have seen these traitors dangling from lamp posts, doesn't matter if some are women. Look at the famous Italians on the lamp post banners in Little Italy sometime. They did that for real with Mrs. Mussolini.
fingiswold

Fitzgerald, GA

#45 Jul 29, 2013
Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>You don't seem to agree with your contemporaries much, do you? Have you always had this difficulty in life? One step off, a little out of synch? Have you ever thought that you might need professional help? You know, there's help out there for you, you just have to take the first step.
Why, that's exactly what Bob Filner's doing! See how easy it is?
But anyway, the title of this thread is "Filner Scandal Casts Shadow on San Diego Recovery." Anyone know what "recovery" it is they're talking about? There's no recovery here to speak of, just decades of business bankruptcies, home foreclosures, condo conversion rip-offs, Petco Park/Padre conflicts that made them just about the worst team in the nation, no jobs and rising unemployment, exactly what recovery is there? None, nada, just not there at all.
So how has Filner's mess worsened anything? It hasn't, it's a perfect example of what this city is now. Really, nothing but garbage in government. Look at that one woman who worked at the Port Authority. She had to have been there at 9/11, and the Port Authority controls the airport. Read up on Abdussattar Shaikh, a city employee at the Citizens Review Board on Police Practices. He rented the rooms to the skyjackers when they learned how to fly, and he stayed on the CRBPP even when he was an FBI informant. He's just an example of how corrupt Golding's and Sander's San Diego was then, there's lots more of him all over this city government.
Filner was doing exactly what he was supposed to do when he got elected, getting busy cleaning up this government. What we're seeing now is garbage bringing him down. Any other era, we'd have seen these traitors dangling from lamp posts, doesn't matter if some are women. Look at the famous Italians on the lamp post banners in Little Italy sometime. They did that for real with Mrs. Mussolini.
are you his mom, or something? wow

and no, my contemporaries are largely self-important asshats like you
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#46 Jul 30, 2013
Today, Filner annouced that he expects the tax slaves in San Diego to PAY for his legal fees and the multi million dollar settlements from the impending law suits.

In his defense, when CA citizens goose step to the polling place and vote for anything with a D beside it's name without considering if the candidate is a freak, a mobster, or simply worthless, they deserve to get SCREWED.
Meyer

Vista, CA

#47 Jul 30, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
are you his mom, or something? wow
and no, my contemporaries are largely self-important asshats like you
I'm a little Jew boy short and stout,
To kiss a white girl I'll dance about!
When I kiss her, without a doubt,
I'll be so happy I'll sing and shout!

I'll be proud to know that my tax dollars are going for Bob's defense. This is what makes America strong!
Gov Awnold

Greensboro, NC

#48 Jul 31, 2013
Milnar needs hee's head checked. If you want to haave an affaie, bang you an illegal. Da bitch squeels, you have har deported.

Hasta Lavista....Beaach.
Reality bites

AOL

#49 Jul 31, 2013
imagine being a Democrat in san diego? your own party told you that ultra sleezy filner was the Best and Brightest your Party had to offer your family and the city of San Diego.
Oy Vey! the Party made complete fools and chumps of their OWN. what kind of monsters run the local Democratic party?
Newt G

United States

#50 Jul 31, 2013
Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little Jew boy short and stout,
To kiss a white girl I'll dance about!
When I kiss her, without a doubt,
I'll be so happy I'll sing and shout!
I'll be proud to know that my tax dollars are going for Bob's defense. This is what makes America strong!
As a poet, you think you know it
You've tipped your hand for all to see,
Just one more shill for your party.
You want to keep your job
And earn a livin'?
I'll cop a feel and kisses you'll be givin'.
Now, bend over that desk! Or the one that takes your job....will!
Pathetic troll, twist and spin, the mayor is toast. I have my own campaign to work on....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#51 Jul 31, 2013
Reality bites wrote:
imagine being a Democrat in san diego? your own party told you that ultra sleezy filner was the Best and Brightest your Party had to offer your family and the city of San Diego.
Oy Vey! the Party made complete fools and chumps of their OWN. what kind of monsters run the local Democratic party?
Thank God, they also have two successful terms by President Obama and a strong, recovering economy.....

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#52 Aug 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God, they also have two successful terms by President Obama and a strong, recovering economy.....
This is not a joke thread chump.

Location hidden

#53 Aug 2, 2013
Anybody see the EEeeww Meter on The Daily Show, concerning Filner?.....
Meyer

Carlsbad, CA

#54 Aug 2, 2013
Newt G wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my own campaign to work on....
My guess is no, you don't.
Heckler

San Diego, CA

#55 Aug 2, 2013
He touched my face with his finger and I felt soooo violated. COME ON! this is just a conspiracy by women scorned. They all look happy in the pictures of them with Filner. Clinton actually did do something and he is a good guy now. Same with Tiger.

Filner is a good man. Of course I would never vote for someone that smiled that much.

Location hidden

#56 Aug 2, 2013
He just smiled at me....and i projectile vomited across the studio.....
bob lewis

AOL

#57 Aug 4, 2013
Filner is ideally suited to represent those who honor Clinton for repeatly having sex with a young Govt empl while his wife and daughter were right upstairs. Not every American believes that powerful men should use restraint rather than using the power of their office to take sexual libertys with the voters wives and daughters.

It's a "progressive" thing.
Meyer

San Diego, CA

#58 Aug 4, 2013
bob lewis wrote:
Filner is ideally suited to represent those who honor Clinton for repeatly having sex with a young Govt empl while his wife and daughter were right upstairs. Not every American believes that powerful men should use restraint rather than using the power of their office to take sexual libertys with the voters wives and daughters.
It's a "progressive" thing.
You're right! And the same applies to women in power! Powerful women must remember the constitution applies to them, too. They cannot vilify and slander those who pose a threat to their "careers" just because they want to, they need to keep their attacks withing the boundaries of truth.

These San Diego women have had twenty years of the Golding/Sanders cartel, they have become fat with all the stolen Top Ramen of the '90s. They like noodles so much, they can be deported to China (which was Clinton's real bed-mate, anyway).
bob lewis

AOL

#59 Aug 4, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
you ARE a sexual predator enabler...omg
No way. The Enablers were those who knew Filner was a "progressive" and voted for him anyway.
Meyer

San Diego, CA

#60 Aug 4, 2013
And now there's a 10th accuser, this one a jazz singer or something who said Filner put the move on her at a La Jolla church. And this one's black! I bet ol' Bob's going to regret those Freedom Rides before this one's over.

Anyone notice the last latest one's a Marilyn Monroe impersonator? Doing that they have to be good actresses.

But the same story, no overt sexual aggression, just smarmy eyes and questions about boyfriends/marital status. Women are offended by that now? I mean, a Marilyn Monroe look alike getting the move put on her by a big-time Democrat? She could have put the JFK story to rights, but no! Not her! She told!

And, now that we're talking about the good ol' days, or "back in the day," what Filner's being accused of pretty much defines it. A nice, successful, educated young man trying to sneak a kiss from a pretty girl. No booze, no drugs, no sex toys falling out of his pockets or briefcase. Just nice sophomoric pucker faces and giggles. What more back to the day do you want or need?

Next time your politicians in your towns start kissing babies, remember what you just did to San Diego. Don't you feel bad now?
Heckler

San Diego, CA

#61 Aug 4, 2013
Clinton is a good guy, Tiger is a good guy. Why shouldn't Filner be a good guy.
Meyer

Carlsbad, CA

#62 Aug 6, 2013
Well, this looks bad: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/san-die...

If this is true, this is the first allegation of breast/genital contact. That does change things, but, actually, the article doesn't say Filner was touching a breast without invitation, he just had his hand inside a bra. Perhaps there were other reasons for that, like a hamster or an errant olive slopped out of a martini or something.

But if Filner was handling something that he wasn't invited to manipulate, why wasn't the owner and wearer of the bra making loud noises of protestation? The key words here are "no," "stop," "help," and "rape," with the accompanying physical resistance due the nature of the intrusion. An assault of this magnitude, done in a public place (or an apartment with thin walls), would have attracted both visual and audio attention from anyone nearby.

If true, all protestations of Filner's innocence are invalid and out the window. But this whole fiasco has surfaced in an unusual and disjointed manner, one piece at a time.

We can only hope the best for both Bob and the others involved in this mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Paris 1,417,266
News In-person voting fraud is rare, doesn't affect ... 1 min spocko 151
News News 9 Mins Ago White House says feds doing the... 3 min Democrat Hero 31
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 3 min positronium 7,145
News Clinton proposes new federal fund to combat Zik... 3 min Go Blue Forever 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min Tom 15,688
News Black Voters Speak Out on Donald Trumpa s Recen... 4 min Walkin Boss 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 12 min Brian_G 393,379
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 15 min spud 7,377
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 54 min willie 239,643
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 2 hr Divorce Lawyer 237
More from around the web