After Moscow Trip, Ron Johnson Says E...

After Moscow Trip, Ron Johnson Says Election Meddling Overblown

There are 69 comments on the Roll Call story from Jul 9, 2018, titled After Moscow Trip, Ron Johnson Says Election Meddling Overblown. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., downplayed the role of Russia in meddling in the 2016 election, a position at odds with fellow GOP senators and the intelligence committee. One of the Republican senators back from a trip to Moscow is suggesting that Congress went too far in punishing Russia for meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Christsharian Deelite

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jul 9, 2018
That whole "Russian hacking" claim has been sketchy, poorly sourced, ideological (warmongering) with major assertions retracted and replaced by others along the way. It's almost exactly like the entire Iraq WMDs "intelligence" narrative.

Now, at one time or another there may have been some kernel of truth or other in the Iraq WMD story, and the same could be true about "Russian hacking," I suppose. But it would be immaterial in the context of $7 billion in campaign related spending in the US on the election. Some "Russian bots" are not going to sway $7 billion, let along all the US citizens' social media postings.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#2 Jul 9, 2018
I would like one voter that posts here to tell me how anyone could be swayed to vote for any candidate if they had already chosen their candidate. What would Russia have to do to convince you to vote one way or another. Did a big Russian come on your porch and threaten you with murder, and mayhem? It cannot be done. This is all Holy horse s--t.
Hostis Publicus

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 10, 2018
Another repuke swinging on putin's nutsack!
2 posts removed
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#6 Jul 10, 2018
You have no answers do you? That is what I thought. This whole Russia, Russia, Russia fairy tale is exploding before you eyes. So much for democrat drama.
Cordwainer Trout

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jul 10, 2018
Any direct response to the falsehoods by the guy from PA is deleted, which seems to imply he has a registered account allowing him to moderate certain boards and delete posts pointing out his falsehoods.
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#8 Jul 10, 2018
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Any direct response to the falsehoods by the guy from PA is deleted, which seems to imply he has a registered account allowing him to moderate certain boards and delete posts pointing out his falsehoods.
You wouldn’t be so paranoid if everyone wasn’t out to get you.....
Tiny Emolument Hands

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jul 10, 2018
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Any direct response to the falsehoods by the guy from PA is deleted, which seems to imply he has a registered account allowing him to moderate certain boards and delete posts pointing out his falsehoods.
You know perfectly well that I get replies from you and from other overt white supremacists all the time, and that I answer them. Your charge has zero basis in reality, like almost everything you post.

My first post was debunking the whole "Russian hacking" thing. You do not agree with the whole "Russian hacking / Putin's puppet" narrative. Therefore it is difficult to guess what "falsehoods" you think are in that post of mine...since that post of mine agrees with your position on the matter.

What you can't know if you're just another end user on topix is how many of my posts get disappeared, and that the ones that do are tellingly not the most invective laden ones. They are usually the ones with arguments using quotes from mainstream sources with urls.
Oh Please

Peabody, MA

#10 Jul 10, 2018
Christsharian Deelite wrote:
That whole "Russian hacking" claim has been sketchy, poorly sourced, ideological (warmongering) with major assertions retracted and replaced by others along the way. It's almost exactly like the entire Iraq WMDs "intelligence" narrative.

Now, at one time or another there may have been some kernel of truth or other in the Iraq WMD story, and the same could be true about "Russian hacking," I suppose. But it would be immaterial in the context of $7 billion in campaign related spending in the US on the election. Some "Russian bots" are not going to sway $7 billion, let along all the US citizens' social media postings.
If Obama had done it, you’d be asking for Moscow to be nuked and Obama to be shot by a firing squad.
Cordwainer Trout

Owensboro, KY

#11 Jul 10, 2018
You get replies from me on other boards. There was no problem whatsoever with my reply. This is the second board where such has happened. Your false claim of $7 Billion dollars was what was opposed, simply and without invective. It was also pointed out that under Hillary, $6 Billion disappeared from the State Department she headed and has yet been unaccounted.
Tiny Emolument Hands

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jul 10, 2018
Oh Please wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obama had done it, you’d be asking for Moscow to be nuked and Obama [imprecation of violence].
You must learn to write. Had Obama done what, exactly? Gone to Moscow and stated that "Russian hacking" claims are overblown?

My posts say that "Russian hacking" claims are worse than just overblown. I say they're of Iraqi WMD intel quality. Why would I be calling for WWIII and for that other violence you dredged up for someone saying what I think?

Explain your nonsensical, not understandable post.
2 posts removed
Lets try This Again

Peabody, MA

#15 Jul 10, 2018
Tiny Emolument Hands wrote:
<quoted text>

You must learn to write. Had Obama done what, exactly? Gone to Moscow and stated that "Russian hacking" claims are overblown?

My posts say that "Russian hacking" claims are worse than just overblown. I say they're of Iraqi WMD intel quality. Why would I be calling for WWIII and for that other violence you dredged up for someone saying what I think?

Explain your nonsensical, not understandable post.
If Obama’s campaign organizers had met with Russians to get dirt on his opponents ...

If Obama had asked on national television for Russia to hack his opponents e-mails ...

If Obama said things that made it obvious he had a thing for Putin ...

If Obama fired an FBI Director for investigating him or his people ...

Then the Republicans would have had him impeached, tried for treason in short order, and rightfully so.
1 post removed
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#17 Jul 10, 2018
Grow up. Politics is a dirty game, and Democrats do the same things. As it was they paid millions of dollars for a phony video that didn't help Hillary one bit, because everyone knows when you are married to a beautiful woman you don't get involved with women as big as a man. Democrats can't even cheat at politics without losing. Besides, after we figured out what they did there is nothing they could do to influence our vote in 2020.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 10, 2018
Another reTHUGlican traitor. Did they stay at Trump's hotel and sniff the matress? lol
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#19 Jul 10, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
Grow up. Politics is a dirty game, and Democrats do the same things. As it was they paid millions of dollars for a phony video that didn't help Hillary one bit, because everyone knows when you are married to a beautiful woman you don't get involved with women as big as a man. Democrats can't even cheat at politics without losing. Besides, after we figured out what they did there is nothing they could do to influence our vote in 2020.
You're literally insane, working off of a Putinist smear sheet in some boiler-room somewhere. Nothing you say is true or makes any sense at all.
Tiny Emolument Hands

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jul 10, 2018
mr gleeble wrote:
<quoted text>
You're literally insane, working off of a Putinist smear sheet in some boiler-room somewhere. Nothing you say is true or makes any sense at all.
Russians aren't that nutso, at least not ones they let onto the internetz. The right wing base is. You can't fake it...easily.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#21 Jul 10, 2018
Note to Democrats:
“The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back."
bottlecap

Roseville, MI

#22 Jul 11, 2018
Oh Please wrote:
<quoted text>

If Obama had done it, you’d be asking for Moscow to be nuked and Obama to be shot by a firing squad.
DONE WHAT???? The only provable evidence that a campaigned worker with Russia to influence the outcome of the election was when Hillary/DNC gave millions of dollars to GPS Fusion to create the phony Russian dossier.
1 post removed
Newt s Gimlet Rage

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Jul 11, 2018
Lets try This Again wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obama’s campaign organizers had met with Russians to get dirt on his opponents ... If Obama had asked on national television for Russia to hack his opponents e-mails ... If Obama said things that made it obvious he had a thing for Putin ... If Obama fired an FBI Director for investigating him or his people ... Then the Republicans would have had him impeached, tried for treason in short order, and rightfully so.
=The article is about someone going to Russia and concluding that the claims of "Russian hacking" were overblown. You provided none of this other stuff. I, also, think claims of "Russian hacking" are overblown. I would not be upset at Obama for thinking what I think. You did not read and understand my post and then reply with anything that made sense.(I think Interstate Crosscheck was demonstrably the "hacking" which turned the election to come out as it did.)

=_Now_ you mention a bunch of unproven things, but for the record I would have been amused had any Democrats gone to Russians/Russian officials for dirt on Ill Duce Trump...and that is incidentally exactly what Democratic hire, Steele, did. He went to Russia and came back with salacious dirt on Ill Duce Trump. It would have had to have been better sourced, more damning information, though. What he came back with was not up to the task, i.e., we have Ill Duce Trump in the Oval Office.

=I also didn't like Comey because of how he unprecedentedly kneecapped Hillary Clinton days before the election. He should have been fired.

=dWi Bush said that he looked into Putin's eyes and saw a soul, a man he could work with, or something. But dWi Bush didn't put as many tanks and troops in former Warsaw Pact nations, or put as many anti missile batteries on both of Russia's borders, or totally re do the US nuclear triad, or increase Pentagon budgeting, or criticize Germany for wanting a needed energy pipeline from Russia the way Ill Duce Trump has. Some puppet of Putin's! A pretty angry, militaristic puppet.

=You're just a hack, a McCarthyite. You could still oppose Ill Duce Trump without buying into a Warm War with Russia, but the latter is your objective, not opposing Ill Duce Trump.
bottlecap

Roseville, MI

#25 Jul 11, 2018
Lets try This Again wrote:
<quoted text>

If Obama’s campaign organizers had met with Russians to get dirt on his opponents ...

If Obama had asked on national television for Russia to hack his opponents e-mails ...

If Obama said things that made it obvious he had a thing for Putin ...

If Obama fired an FBI Director for investigating him or his people ...

Then the Republicans would have had him impeached, tried for treason in short order, and rightfully so.
1) "If Obama’s campaign organizers had met with Russians to get dirt on his opponents ..".

Hillary's campaign got dirt on TRUMP from the Russians, ie the Steele Dossier.

2}"If Obama had asked on national television for Russia to hack his opponents e-mails "..

TRUMP was referring to tens of thousands of e-mails that Congress wanted to see about Benghazi and Hillary had them erased. IF Russia had them, TRUMP said release them to the press. For the RECORD, Russia never produced any of those e-mails, as probable, they did not have them.

3)."If Obama said things that made it obvious he had a thing for Putin "...

Between the US and Russia, they control over 90% of the nuclear warheads in the world. TRUMP is 100% right about wanting to get along...for the world;s benefit.

4) If Obama fired an FBI Director for investigating him or his people ...
Then the Republicans would have had him impeached, tried for treason in short order, and rightfully so.

It would be hard to find a more crooked cop then James Comey. Saying he was fired for investigating some made-up crime is 100% supposition. Also, Rod Rosenstein wrote a letter to TRUMP saying Comey should be fired.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#26 Jul 11, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
Note to Democrats:
“The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back."
Funny, when you're engaged in the same kind of Russia-loving you put people in jail for back in McCarthy's time...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sen. Warren returns to OKC, urges teachers to vote 4 min WarForOil 6
News Obama tells students they cannot wait for a sav... 4 min Lawrence Wolf 439
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Bear Claw 106,520
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Junos Rising Star 360,113
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min John Galt 1,831,567
News Deputy AG Rosenstein suggested he secretly reco... 10 min waikiki leaks 80
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 11 min Erl 10,842
News Woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual miscon... 13 min CodeTalker 446
News Trump's land of delusion 2 hr CodeTalker 6,280