Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That Democrats Have Failed Blacks

Jul 11, 2012 Full story: National Public Radio 2,348

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney didn't expect a warm embrace when he took the stage Wednesday at the NAACP annual convention in Houston.

Full Story
scooter

United States

#91 Jul 12, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No, I should be loyal to a party of greedy white bigots, who don't give a flyingfuck about anyone but themselves.
I believe you are loyal to that party now.
Dane T

AOL

#92 Jul 12, 2012
Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really surprised you used that 'outsourcing' lying commercial that Obama touts. You do know it's been outed as a lie by several sources don't you?
But ironically, Obama is the Outsourcer in Chief! With stimulus money, no less.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-adminis...
Don't expect honesty or integrity from the Obama campaign.
Most of their remaining supporters can't read to a fourth grade level so the campaign can spew anything they want as though it were fact to the cheers of the Zombie Mob.

Since: Sep 07

Maumee, OH

#93 Jul 12, 2012
America Is Not The Same wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was your Marxist/ Commie friend Odumbo. His TelePrompter out of order
It's well known that the NAACP is NOT completely happy with Odumbo
They state that he is splitting the nation.
Romney got over 5 different applauds from his speech
The only Boo he got was when he stated the he would get rid of useless government programs and repeal Dumbo care. This is to be expected for obvious reasons
Romney was WELL accepted IDIOT
Odumbo turned his back on those who supported him in the past.
Odumbo has done NOTHING for the black community
He BANKRUPT a comunity action progran in Chicago and he is bankrupting America for his New World Order.
EVIL = Odumbo
There are different type of applause. Polite and hearty. None of the applause were hearty. Did you pay attention to when claps came and what was being said?(of course not)

Since: Sep 07

Maumee, OH

#94 Jul 12, 2012
Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment for blacks is starting to rise again:
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_2105632...
"As the U.S. economic recovery approaches its fourth year, the unemployment rate among blacks has started to rise again.
That rate moved from 13.6 percent in January to 14.4 percent in June, while the overall unemployment rate fell from 8.3 percent to 8.2 percent.
Add in part-time workers who would rather be full time and workers who have stopped looking but would start again if opportunities improved, and the black underemployment rate is closer to 23 percent nationally, calculates the Economic Policy Institute."
This is happening due Republicans cutting jobs in the public sector. Think before you post. You are responding without looking at the facts and making comments based around sound bites.(blacks and women are largely employed in the public sector jobs)

The disproportionate share of women and African Americans working in state and local government has translated into higher rates of job loss for both groups in these sectors.
Roger Edgar

AOL

#95 Jul 12, 2012
pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
This is happening due Republicans cutting jobs in the public sector. Think before you post. You are responding without looking at the facts and making comments based around sound bites.(blacks and women are largely employed in the public sector jobs)
The disproportionate share of women and African Americans working in state and local government has translated into higher rates of job loss for both groups in these sectors.
No one should have expected Blacks to behave to American standards as most American behave toward an invited Guest. Blacks don't have the same standards of behavior expected of other Americans. Democrats have successfully "hyphenated" them to less than other Americans. Very sad.
2 posts removed

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

#98 Jul 12, 2012
I don't think that is a very good rod to measure by, 95% of blacks are going to vote for him regardless because he is black.
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Someone's messed with your programming. Romney didn't show up for the black vote. He spoke to the NAACP and disingenuously ranted that he would repeal "Obamacare", not to please his audience, but to win points with his base. The boos were well-deserved, and should be echoed by every decent American.
You can measure Obama's "cajones" when he wins over 95% of the black vote.

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

#99 Jul 12, 2012
So after several independent organizations,(including the WaPo), looked at the evidence and found that Romney was not running Baine, or not even employed by Baine when ever this "outsourcing" happened you just are not going to let it go are you? What about all the outsourcing Obama has done? Jobs sent to Finland or Mexico? you just cover all of that up, or maybe its just progress to you. Obama was in charge and employed by the government when he allowed all of this to happen putting billions in his donor's pockets, yet you never seem fazed by that, hmmmm
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just what "actions" do you measure Romney by? Outsourcing jobs and his millions don't count.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#100 Jul 12, 2012
Pelosi's no doubt correct when she calls this a calculated stunt by Mittens.

He goes before the NAACP so he can't be accused of ignoring black Americans, but can tell his Rightie supporters 'See, those foodstamp people booed me! I'm one of you!'

A win/win for this vicious Massachusetts parasite.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#101 Jul 12, 2012
What records of America's Gun Owners?

There is no database of Gun Owners in America...... ROFLMAO

You repeating the idiotic nonsense you heard on republican television?

Don't you know there is no federal policy or law mandating gun owners to register their weapons. Unless you don't have a gun and don't really know.
Le Jimbo wrote:
THE HILLARY-OBAMA UN CONNECTIONS BACKDOOR GUN CONTROL
UNITED NATIONS Ė A treaty being hammered out this month at the United Nations -- with Iran playing a key role -- could expose the records of America's gun owners to foreign governments -- and, critics warn, eventually put the Second Amendment on global trial.
International talks in New York are going on throughout July on the final wording of the so-called Arms Trade Treaty, which supporters such as Amnesty International USA say would rein in unregulated weapons that kill an estimated 1,500 people daily around the world. But critics, including the National Rifle Associationís Wayne LaPierre, warn the treaty would mark a major step toward the eventual erosion of the U.S. Constitutionís Second Amendment gun-ownership rights.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07/11/un-ar...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#102 Jul 12, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Someone's messed with your programming. Romney didn't show up for the black vote. He spoke to the NAACP and disingenuously ranted that he would repeal "Obamacare", not to please his audience, but to win points with his base. The boos were well-deserved, and should be echoed by every decent American.
You can measure Obama's "cajones" when he wins over 95% of the black vote.
Voting for someone based upon partial skin color is meaningless and not something to share with pride of accomplishment. Does this mean the only appeal is race?

I do not want a leader who share my race, nor is simply a likeable person. I want a president who is presidential - an honorable leader - someone who we can look up to and believe - someone who has the country's needs at heart rather than power and payoffs.-----If that person is Obama he has my vote. If that person is Romney he has my vote.

The trouble is searching the rhetoric and misdirections and lies and coverups to ferret out the truth and positive potential.

Voting for someone based upon his/her record, goals, and leadership - regardless of political party or ethnic/racial background is reasonable.
stretch

Brandenburg, KY

#103 Jul 12, 2012
It is a crying shame that so many people think just because you don`t like someone and there black,your a racist.mansa musa,it is obvious that your a racist,and the one who brought up skin color.Obama - Osama sounds the same to me.obama didn`t kill Osama,Our dedicated hard fighting military did.Obama has cut the militay budget to the point that we would be hard pressed to fight off a home invasion.he wants to take your guns away also,so everday people wouldn`t be able to fight back either.Obama has only crippled this country more,I don`t care what color he is,or if he is a demo. or repub.This great country is on the verge of colaspe.We all need to come together and vote everyone out of office,and put new people in every position.We need to stop giving BILLIONS AWAY to other countries,and take care of our own first.If Obama wins another 4 yrs. this country will never recover.I was born and raised in this great country.CAN OBAMA SAY THAT.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#104 Jul 12, 2012
LION wrote:
BLACKS
need to get accounts with black owned banks or black owned credit unions.
Why, money in America is Green. Those people spend lots of money, You would be a fool to shut them out as clients and consumers.

Asian-Americans do what you are promoting. How often can you look around and find them shopping next to you?
1 post removed
Dan Salazar

Long Beach, CA

#106 Jul 12, 2012
harvey wrote:
Pelosi's no doubt correct when she calls this a calculated stunt by Mittens.
He goes before the NAACP so he can't be accused of ignoring black Americans, but can tell his Rightie supporters 'See, those foodstamp people booed me! I'm one of you!'
A win/win for this vicious Massachusetts parasite.
I agree. If ANYONE knows how to bring out the very worst in the American character it is the relentlessly unpatriotic botox'd Orwellian monster who calls herself Pelosi.

“for sure__maybe”

Since: Mar 11

Dubtown Ohio

#107 Jul 12, 2012
Citizen0178 wrote:
<quoted text>
Voting for someone based upon partial skin color is meaningless and not something to share with pride of accomplishment. Does this mean the only appeal is race?
I do not want a leader who share my race, nor is simply a likeable person. I want a president who is presidential - an honorable leader - someone who we can look up to and believe - someone who has the country's needs at heart rather than power and payoffs.-----If that person is Obama he has my vote. If that person is Romney he has my vote.
The trouble is searching the rhetoric and misdirections and lies and coverups to ferret out the truth and positive potential.
Voting for someone based upon his/her record, goals, and leadership - regardless of political party or ethnic/racial background is reasonable.
also look at the candidates past record if he was Governor look at that states economy. How does he view outsourcing especially in light of high unenployment nationwide all those records are public.
stretch

Brandenburg, KY

#108 Jul 12, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
What records of America's Gun Owners?
There is no database of Gun Owners in America...... ROFLMAO
You repeating the idiotic nonsense you heard on republican television?
Don't you know there is no federal policy or law mandating gun owners to register their weapons. Unless you don't have a gun and don't really know.
<quoted text>
WELL,It`s very plain to see you buy your guns from the trunk of a car,or from some thug on the street corner.If anyone buys a gun from ANY DEALER-NEW OR USED,it is recorded with the ATF.SO, dumb-ass, they do know what guns you have purchased,what type,and can track it right to your house.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Richmond, VA

#109 Jul 12, 2012
HYSTERICAL:'Obama pays your bills' scam fools thousands of Obama supporters


Jul 11, 2012
By David Jackson, USA TODAY

News reports say thousands are falling for a multistate identity theft scam in which the scammers secure private records by claiming the Obama administration will pay utility bills.

"The criminals have been marching across the country, making their way from state to state, persuading victims that a special federal government assistance program -- sometimes described as a bailout authorized by President Barack Obama's administration -- is available to pay their utility bills," MSNBC reported.

The network said, "Victims are given bank account and routing numbers to use when paying their bills online, but only after they 'register' by surrendering their Social Security numbers and other personal information."

MSNBC reported that 2,000 residents in Tampa fell for the fake offer.

Yahoo! News reports some background:

The scheme was first reported in May, when Dallas-based Atmos Energy warned its 3 million customers in 12 states that scammers had been asking for Social Security numbers to enroll in the faux federal program.

According to the pitch -- distributed via email, Facebook, text message, phone and, in some cases, door-to-door sales -- the government would pay a month of energy costs through credits offered by the Obama administration.

PSE&G, the New Jersey gas and electric delivery utility, issued a similar warning the same month. According to MSNBC, there were 10,000 reported victims in New Jersey in recent weeks, and thousands more in North Carolina, Indiana and Pennsylvania.

The offer even includes a fake Federal Reserve bank routing number for those who enroll, and solicits "success stories" to pass along to friends online.


http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theov...
justanotherhitjo b

Kissimmee, FL

#110 Jul 12, 2012
When Backs disrespect someone it's justified but when it happens to them it racism....what a country we have become. War has ben declared on Whites.
Osama Obama

Newburg, PA

#111 Jul 12, 2012
He said,IF the issue is creating JOBS.That may be the four letter word that got him booed.Everyone doesn't like JOBS.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#112 Jul 12, 2012
The black middle class has considered the NAACP as a 'tarp' operation. The fruit that falls from its tree does not get eaten by the slave class they need.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#113 Jul 12, 2012
sailor310 wrote:
So after several independent organizations,(including the WaPo), looked at the evidence and found that Romney was not running Baine, or not even employed by Baine when ever this "outsourcing" happened you just are not going to let it go are you? What about all the outsourcing Obama has done? Jobs sent to Finland or Mexico? you just cover all of that up, or maybe its just progress to you. Obama was in charge and employed by the government when he allowed all of this to happen putting billions in his donor's pockets, yet you never seem fazed by that, hmmmm
<quoted text>
Governor Mittens is a lying SOB, and he's hiding the truth:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/mitt...

"The presumptive Republican presidential nominee has said that he left the private equity firm in 1999, but new reports indicate that he may have stayed on until 2002.

The Boston Globe reported Thursday on SEC filings dated after February 1999 that state that Romney is the firm's "sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president." A 2003 Massachusetts disclosure form says that he owned 100 percent of the company in 2002, and forms indicate that he earned $100,000 as an "executive" in 2001 and 2002, apart from investments."

Douchebag. When a candidate doesn't tell the truth, how can we trust him to lead? ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terry Bean, gay-rights activist charged with se... 3 min Roland 2
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min replaytime 127,673
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Abondondolla 283,597
White Power reestablished with Ferguson Klavern... 5 min Cat74 6
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 7 min Butters 2,873
Republicans strike early blow in U.S. midterm e... 12 min Wildcat 574
Carly Fiorina actively explores 2016 presidenti... 14 min Cat74 5
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min flack 1,143,944
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 27 min rfirma 1,028
Republicans challenge Obama's executive actions... 2 hr kuda 164

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE