Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.
Comments
16,661 - 16,680 of 54,755 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a public health menace.
Although only 4% of the population, gay males make up 78% of all new HIV cases.
Same-sex marriage promotes the notion that male-to-male anal sex is normal and safe. It's not safe. We have 30 years of data showing that. And it's bleeding heart liberals like yourself who are responsible or the 400,000 dead from HIV-AIDS.
Same-sex marriage gives you access to our schools where you teach kids homosexuality is safe and normal. That's why same-sex marriage is a menace.
And yet you can't prevent us from winning in court after court and state after state.

Keep up the good work; we'll have all 50 states by the end of the decade!

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it is an issue. Girly men are not equal to a mother and her children.
And butch lesbians agree with me.
Smile.
Still completely irrelevant to civil marriage law.

But thanks for helping us get Utah in the equality column.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Truth Matters wrote:
Most of the people polled recently believe Homosexuality is a treatable disease
Can you support this assertion with factual support? I don't think you can.
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a GAY marriage thread, it relates to GAY people.
I could say I don't like what flowers you plant in your garden, or agree with your diet and exercise regime. Doesn't mean I have the right to pull up all of your plants or knock a slice of cake out of your hand.
Why do people in the USA have such a ridiculous notion that marriage has to be drastically redefined? it's a made-up social construct to begin with!
I knows that it is about two gays marrying up. I reckon that some of you gays are for it. I reckon that a lot of normal pople are again it. This here is a discussion thing. This meens that we is to write what we thinks. If only the gays wrote there wood be no kneed or a forum. Dose you understand? What dose flowers and gardens have to do with gays marrying up? And you is talking about eating a cake? You is a nut.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop saying Judge Walker "proved" gay and lesbian couples are good parents. It makes you and gays look ignorant. Judge Walker didn't "prove" anything. He rendered a decision. Moreover, he cited the APA policy page, which cites a 10 year old book, which cites studies that go back 10-25 years.
Almost all of these studies are lesbian-authored studies done on samples of less than 100 people. Almost all of the sample pool was made-up of lesbian friends of the researchers, and in each the amount of gay male parents sampled were so small as to be scientifically and statistically insignificant.
<quoted text>
http://familyscholars.org/2012/06/12/loren-ma...
In other words, the studies Walker cited are all crap studies that have now been debunked. So stop saying he "proved" something, you Jackass.
Hmmmm, and yet our arguments keep winning in court after court and state after state, while you anti-gays keep losing- especially when you cite the Regnerus "study".

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
Why are Gay Teachers Still in Our Schools?
Now that "born this way" has been debunked, why are gay teachers still in the schools.?
;And please note -- on balance gay teachers are excellent. But that's not the point. The point is if there is no scientific foundation to "born this way" gay teachers stand to influence a child's sexual orientation. Indeed -- it's the excellent gay teachers who are even more of a threat -- they're very good role models.
We all have wonderful memories of great gay school teachers and camp counselors -- but the problem is openly gay adults influence kids.
Gays want us to believe it's impossible for a person not born gay to become gay, but we now know that's a pile of self-serving gay horseshit meant to give gay adults access they really ought not have.
Gee, maybe you should have told the judges that.

Oh wait, some of your anti-gay pals DID try that nonsense and were laughed out of court!

Keep of the good work Gary-Kimare. With your help we'll have marriage equality in all 50 states by the end of the decade!!

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, simply noting scientific facts is not having a superiority complex about being heterosexual. But it would be especially difficult for me, since I am a genetic chimera (note my name), and a hermaphrodite (non-functioning vagina). Literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man.
I demean no one. I do devastate denial because it is fatal to the holder and those around them. I bring science (not just evolution) into the debate because it is so woefully absent.
Your understanding of homosexuality is not up to date. Look up 'homosexual epi-genetics'. I agree that GLBT is probably a result of nurture and nature.
You also really need to learn more about mating behavior if you want to understand GLBT. Your claim that evolution is no longer a part, is not just ludicrous, it is the exact opposite of what is occurring with genetic engineering.
Relationships are distinct. Marriage has defined a fundamental relationship of every single society in existence. Ss couples simply are not equal to marriage. It is not just obvious visually, it is obvious at every level of observation.
My concern is that society will pay a horrendous price for the futile attempt to provide a fallacious identity to a relationship that has been incapable of developing it's own.
As to family, I simply and accurately note that on average, children outside birth families have a dramatic decline in well being. Every effort should be made to keep natural families together. If that is not possible, to place children in a safe, similar situation.
It is interesting that you equate your orientation to every aspect of your identity, and compare it to heterosexuals. I don't. My sexual defect is only a part of my identity. However, honestly acknowledging that defect has dramatically enhanced every other aspect of my life. I would suggest that an innate sense of defect, outwardly denied, has created a performance mentality in homosexuals.
Your self-hatred (while certainly appropriate in your case) is irrelevant to civil marriage laws.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?
They don't.

They dress & act just like a butch lesbian to attract another (usually butch) lesbian.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
Shut up and observe -- you might learn something.
Like how to lose in court after court and state after state like your fellow anti-gays are doing?
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
I discovered I liked the same gender in the same respect you discovered you found the opposite gender attractive.
I developed a crush on a boy, whereas I always saw girls in a purely platonic way, and find the idea of having a romantic involvement with a girl alien.
While i'm not a sexual being, i'm a romantic, I engage in emotional relationships. In short, I don't have sex, mainly out of choice because sex doesn't appeal to me on any level, but I still have a committed relationship with my partner.
So you had crush on a boy but you ain't into having sex? So you has a partner and he don't want to do either? You is just friends? At least you ain't nasty, unless you is lying.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> You shows again how you are just plane nuts. This ain't no homesexual forum? This is about a man marrying a man and a woman marrying a woman. Just because you is a homesexual dose not give you the rite to claim this forum as your own. Look here. Normal people has an opinion about this marrying up thing and we don't like it.
It doesn't really matter what you don't like.

Same-sex couples will soon be able to legally marry in all 50 states.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> I reckon that all the people that you knows are not normal. I feels sorry for you. Dose you have a gay husband or wife depending on what you is? Or is you just looking for one. I dose feel sorry for them adopted kids. I can't even think about being raised by a couple of gays that dose all these nasty things. I would be worse if both of they was women. I reckon going to school would be tough with kids knowing all about who I is being raised by. People like you gots to tell ever body so the other kids would know.
Actually our daughter is well liked in school, and most of her schoolmates are jealous because her parents are still married while theirs are almost all divorced.

So much for hetero parents being better...

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's clear: you have an ideological bias.
You're no different from those supposed lesbian researchers who come up with all those bullshit studies purporting to show how gays are better parents than straights.
You go out, interview all you lesbian friends then author a bullshit research paper that SURPRISE! claims they're the best parents around.
Well, that's not science. That's a bunch of dingbats screwing up the lives of kids up for adoption.
Ditto for all you anti-gay christian heteros....

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
.<quoted text>
Because gays don't have the right to redefine marriage. Because as soon as you do it, the next thing you do is go into the schools and teacher children same sex marriage is normal. Then you teach them homosexuality is normal and safe.
That's what you're doing in Massachusetts and everywhere else you have same-sex marriage.
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/info/kbase...
Obviously you haven't been paying attention, because we DO have the right to redefine marriage, and have already done so in 17 states.

And with the help of you and your fellow anti-gays, we'll soon get marriage redefined in all 50 states!!

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> You is nuts. Think about it. A boy being raised by two gays. A boy needs a real man to learn how to be a man. What would he learn from two gays? To priss around and decorate the house? To be a gay hjisself?" When is is 12 or 13 and begins to feel his pecker getting hard what is goint to think when he knows that his two daddies is doing to theirselves in their bedroom? And what if it a girl? That's worse? Boys and girls need a real father and a real mother. They ain't going to get either one from a couple of gays. You is nuts.
And you is wrong as usual.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already given you five you clueless twit.
The study you have cited is debunked pseudo-science.
Do you have anything of any value to offer, or are you merely dedicated to illustrating that you are an unintelligent person who can be swayed by any study that supports your opinion, regardless how flawed its methods may be?
Gary, you are an idiot.
The study you have cited is debunked pseudo-science.
Now this clown who can't even spell pseudo science tells us The Regnesus study is "debunked 'pseudo-science'."

Well, let's discuss that, you jackass.

Break it down for us.

Why is it pseudo science And be specific.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
And you is wrong as usual.
Not to mention the fact that their lack of command of the English language is simply shocking. I can't see how they ever expect anyone to be won over by their logic, and I use that term loosely, if they come across like a bumpkin that has never seen the inside of a book.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
Now this clown who can't even spell pseudo science tells us The Regnesus study is "debunked 'pseudo-science'."
Well, let's discuss that, you jackass.
Break it down for us.
Why is it pseudo science And be specific.
Let me help you out, Gary.

I have provided you with 5 links, on more than one occasion, that dissect Regnerus work and point it out for the drivel that it is. Here they are again, dullard. http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TCR09D1CU...

I am not going to entertain this any further simply because you want to have an irrelevant conversation about a debunked study. The fact that you cannot produce any reputable medical, scientific, or academic research that supports Regnerus speaks for itself.

Do you have a valid and on topic argument to make, or are you just trying to make yourself look dumber?
Bartholomew

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text>
So you had crush on a boy but you ain't into having sex? So you has a partner and he don't want to do either? You is just friends? At least you ain't nasty, unless you is lying.
He's lying.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly it is not the same right, nor is it based on the same foundation, for a man cannot accept another man as his lawfully wedded wife.
<quoted text>
Clearly it is not the same right, nor is it based on the same foundation, for a woman cannot accept another woman as her lawfully wedded husband.
<quoted text>
That's why you anti conjugality have lost at so many ballot boxes.
But a man can accept another man as his lawfully wedded spouse- ditto for women- just like any other couple.

Yes, we lost many votes 10 years ago because of the bigotry of your fellow anti-gays.

Things have changed a lot in the past decade, which is why we've WON the last four statewide votes on the issue, and will likely win every coming vote as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••