Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61402 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#18464 Jan 12, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Fundie whack-a-doodle site with a right-wing agenda.

Dismissed.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#18465 Jan 12, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> You is nuts. Think about it. A boy being raised by two gays. A boy needs a real man to learn how to be a man. What would he learn from two gays? To priss around and decorate the house? To be a gay hjisself?" When is is 12 or 13 and begins to feel his pecker getting hard what is goint to think when he knows that his two daddies is doing to theirselves in their bedroom? And what if it a girl? That's worse? Boys and girls need a real father and a real mother. They ain't going to get either one from a couple of gays. You is nuts.
Proving yet again that 6th grade graduation is a really bad idea.
NineGary LloydBalls

Chicago, IL

#18466 Jan 12, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> Skip all the animals what are not human beings. What does gays do when they dose sex? They puts their pecker either in a butt or a mouth. What normal man wants his pecker chawed on or wants to put it up there with all that poop? What about the feller what does the chawing or has one stuck up his butt? Human beings have a brain. You has to think about doing that before you dose it. You thinks that this is natural and inate what evar that is? It ain't and you is nuts.
We get it, already. You climb on top of your lady, stick it in dry, bust your nut and then it's over. Dolphins have more sexual creativity than you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18467 Jan 12, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It means a man has the same right to marry another man as he does to marry a woman.
Clearly it is not the same right, nor is it based on the same foundation, for a man cannot accept another man as his lawfully wedded wife.
It means a woman has the same right to marry another woman as she does to marry a man.
Clearly it is not the same right, nor is it based on the same foundation, for a woman cannot accept another woman as her lawfully wedded husband.
That's why you anti-gays keep losing in court after court and state after state.
That's why you anti conjugality have lost at so many ballot boxes.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#18468 Jan 12, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundie whack-a-doodle site with a right-wing agenda.
Dismissed.
So let's just stick to Glibtee whack-a-doodle sites with left wing agendas. Sigh.....

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#18469 Jan 12, 2014
Still Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Who??? You mean Zeus of course ! Sorry,secular country,not a theocracy,so keep the Fairy tales to yourself bigot boy !
Sorry, freedom of religion country, not an athiestic "People's Republic", ala North Korea, so let's keep your religiphobia to yourself bigot girl!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#18470 Jan 12, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Learn what a "primary source" is, you Jackass.
What's the matter, Gary? Can find a single reputable source that supports the only study you can find to support your opinion?

Grow up. Stop citing studies that have been utterly discredited if you don't want to make yourself look like an imbecile.
Brian_G wrote:
That's your forte, ad hominem irrational insults instead of discussing the issue. Same sex marriage is bad because its supporters call their political opponents: stupid bigots.
Not at all, Brian. The truth is an absolute defense against defamation. You are an idiot, whether I say so or not, so I might as well say so.

You regularly argue against equal protection of the law for all.

You advocate for some Americans to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law.

You apparently hate the US Constitution and its guarantee of equality.

And, to top it off, you are dumber than a rock.
garylloyd wrote:
RESOLVED ...
The Regnerus Study is the gold standard on gay parenting and what it shows is that gay parents are train wrecks.
I will consider any study you meatheads produce that challenges this conclusion, but as it stands now none does.
Let's move on ...
You are a special kind of stupid, Gary.

The Regnerus study has been largely discredited. Both its methodology and conclusions have been questioned by real scientists. You are citing a debunk piece of junk science.

What a weak minded individual you are, Gary. Perhaps, you would be interested in buying a bridge in Brooklyn?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#18471 Jan 12, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
.<quoted text>
Because gays don't have the right to redefine marriage. Because as soon as you do it, the next thing you do is go into the schools and teacher children same sex marriage is normal. Then you teach them homosexuality is normal and safe.
That's what you're doing in Massachusetts and everywhere else you have same-sex marriage.
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/info/kbase...
Still trotting out that ONE link from assresistance.org and offering up as evidence?

Gary, with common core and standardized testing, teachers don't have time to discuss anything else. There simply aren't any teachers talking to students about gay marriage. If there were, they'd be out of a job in a heartbeat. Your Henny Penny routine is loathsome and trollish.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#18472 Jan 12, 2014
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was never in the closet. I was raised in a loving support and stable home, by a heterosexual mother and father who taught me to be open-minded and accepting of others.
Why is necessary to refer to your mother and father using sexual identity labels, instead of simply your mother and father? No disrespect intended, but I find it odd.
I discovered I was gay at a young age and never put up any pretense to be anything other than gay.
"Discovered"? Please explain.
My parents were traditional but not ignorant, they accepted me fully and taught me moral values such as monogamy and commitment, and the importance of hard work etc.
Sounds like a good childhood.
Many gay people are in the closet for fear of persecution. There are thousands upon thousands who commit suicide or are killed because of ignorant people such as yourself.
Suicidal motivation is not limited to one's self professed sexual identity, nor is it fair to assign blame to those who simply disagree with same sex sexual behavior.
1 in 3 gay people self harm and have suffered depression.
A sad stat regardless of the sexual identity aspect.
This is proven to be a direct result of societal attitudes.
Is it? I'm not saying societal attitudes don't play a role, but there has to be other factors.

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

#18473 Jan 12, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's clear: you have an ideological bias.
You're no different from those supposed lesbian researchers who come up with all those bullshit studies purporting to show how gays are better parents than straights.
You go out, interview all you lesbian friends then author a bullshit research paper that SURPRISE! claims they're the best parents around.
Well, that's not science. That's a bunch of dingbats screwing up the lives of kids up for adoption.
Ok it's obvious you have a chip on your shoulder now. Maybe you Dad left your Mom when you were little, or you never married and envy the love gays have for each other, or maybe you're a closet homosexual. Deep down inside of you there might be a little blonde girl with pigtails kicking and screaming on the closet door desperate to be let out.

Either way I've come to this conclusion - you sir, are an idiotic redneck who has nothing better to do than spout homophobia on an internet forum.

I'm busy working towards a degree in law, a profession which eventually will put people like you behind bars where they belong.

Good day.

Sparkle <3

#18474 Jan 12, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it? I'm not saying societal attitudes don't play a role, but there has to be other factors.
In reference to the suicides. LGBT suicides are a result of either bullying, parental rejection, issues with coming to terms with ones gender or sexuality (this usually surrounds religious indoctrination / parental disapproval / homophobia in ones environment). It's usually outside factors. That or, like the rest of the population, LGBT people have a 1 in 4 chance of developing a mental illness at some point in their lives anyway and simply make up the 1% stat of people who kill themselves.

Sparkle <3

#18475 Jan 12, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't debunking anything.
Mental illness exists in the animal kingdom and for 70 years every medical organization on the planet listed homosexuality as a mental illness. Don't you think they were aware it existed in the animal kingdom?
What about pedophlia? Incest? Rape? What about the dog that tries to hump a human?
The lists goes on and on. Your problem is you're trying to defend dumb LGBT junk science that was debunked in the forums decades ago.
Shut up and observe -- you might learn something.
It shows you failed to comprehend my earlier post. All of those examples you list are SUPERFLUOUS ANALOGIES. They are foolish examples.

All of those examples you list have nothing in common with homosexuality because they all lack this little thing called CONSENT. Incest for the majority of cases isn't consensual, and even so the issue with incest is that it causes genetic abnormalities in children.

Homosexual acts are consenting acts between two adults, and what they do in the bedroom is no concern of yours. Stop policing normal human behavior you idiotic fascist.

Sparkle <3

#18476 Jan 12, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Discovered"? Please explain.
I discovered I liked the same gender in the same respect you discovered you found the opposite gender attractive.

I developed a crush on a boy, whereas I always saw girls in a purely platonic way, and find the idea of having a romantic involvement with a girl alien.

While i'm not a sexual being, i'm a romantic, I engage in emotional relationships. In short, I don't have sex, mainly out of choice because sex doesn't appeal to me on any level, but I still have a committed relationship with my partner.

Sparkle <3

#18477 Jan 12, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> You shows again how you are just plane nuts. This ain't no homesexual forum? This is about a man marrying a man and a woman marrying a woman. Just because you is a homesexual dose not give you the rite to claim this forum as your own. Look here. Normal people has an opinion about this marrying up thing and we don't like it.
This is a GAY marriage thread, it relates to GAY people.

I could say I don't like what flowers you plant in your garden, or agree with your diet and exercise regime. Doesn't mean I have the right to pull up all of your plants or knock a slice of cake out of your hand.

Why do people in the USA have such a ridiculous notion that marriage has to be drastically redefined? it's a made-up social construct to begin with!
Abe

Absecon, NJ

#18478 Jan 12, 2014
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
In reference to the suicides. LGBT suicides are a result of either bullying, parental rejection, issues with coming to terms with ones gender or sexuality (this usually surrounds religious indoctrination / parental disapproval / homophobia in ones environment). It's usually outside factors. That or, like the rest of the population, LGBT people have a 1 in 4 chance of developing a mental illness at some point in their lives anyway and simply make up the 1% stat of people who kill themselves.
Hey did you ever get your cck & balls cut off?
Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#18479 Jan 12, 2014
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows you failed to comprehend my earlier post. All of those examples you list are SUPERFLUOUS ANALOGIES. They are foolish examples.
All of those examples you list have nothing in common with homosexuality because they all lack this little thing called CONSENT. Incest for the majority of cases isn't consensual, and even so the issue with incest is that it causes genetic abnormalities in children.
Homosexual acts are consenting acts between two adults, and what they do in the bedroom is no concern of yours. Stop policing normal human behavior you idiotic fascist.
Great post, thanks

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#18480 Jan 12, 2014
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
GaryLloyd already knows that he bears the burden of responsibility for LGBT teen suicides in his community.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#18481 Jan 12, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter, Gary? Can find a single reputable source that supports the only study you can find to support your opinion?
Grow up. Stop citing studies that have been utterly discredited if you don't want to make yourself look like an imbecile.
<quoted text>
Not at all, Brian. The truth is an absolute defense against defamation. You are an idiot, whether I say so or not, so I might as well say so.
You regularly argue against equal protection of the law for all.
You advocate for some Americans to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law.
You apparently hate the US Constitution and its guarantee of equality.
And, to top it off, you are dumber than a rock.
<quoted text>
You are a special kind of stupid, Gary.
The Regnerus study has been largely discredited. Both its methodology and conclusions have been questioned by real scientists. You are citing a debunk piece of junk science.
What a weak minded individual you are, Gary. Perhaps, you would be interested in buying a bridge in Brooklyn?
Fine, then give us a cite, you jackass.

You better cause I'm going to be rubbing your face in the Regnerus Study or the next six months.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#18482 Jan 12, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Judge Walker DIDN'T use or render any study one way or the other, but the proponents of Prop 8 tried to and failed!!!

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#18483 Jan 12, 2014
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok it's obvious you have a chip on your shoulder now. Maybe you Dad left your Mom when you were little, or you never married and envy the love gays have for each other, or maybe you're a closet homosexual. Deep down inside of you there might be a little blonde girl with pigtails kicking and screaming on the closet door desperate to be let out.
Either way I've come to this conclusion - you sir, are an idiotic redneck who has nothing better to do than spout homophobia on an internet forum.
I'm busy working towards a degree in law, a profession which eventually will put people like you behind bars where they belong.
Good day.
Earlier this British bozo claimed there were piles of studies showing gays make good parents. I asked her to cite one and she's been talking out both sides of her mouth since.

Now she tells us she's a law student. Come to think of it, she'll make a great ambulance chaser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min NotSoDivineMsM 233,193
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,404,742
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 3 min Chilli J 1,108
News Emanuel Cleaver: Hillary Clinton faces a irrati... 4 min okimar 14
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min Just Think 5,488
News Germany's Merkel starts 3rd term in new coalition (Dec '13) 4 min Rockstar 61
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Aura Mytha 201,427
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 5 min okimar 230
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 21 min mdbuilder 391,371
News Sarah Silvermana s rebuke to the Bernie-or-bust... 3 hr Le Jimbo 64
More from around the web