Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61395 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Cake, cake, cake”

Since: Jul 07

Let them eat cake

#59998 Aug 25, 2014
This verse cannot be used to support the idea of people being born as homosexuals because of how the term eunuch is used in its three instances as well as its overall context. First of all, Jesus is speaking about marriage and divorce, Matthew 19:3-10--not about homosexuality. Remember, marriage was a social expectation in the Jewish culture. Therefore, we must look at this in the context of biblical marriage which would necessitate a denial of homosexuality.

http://carm.org/eunuch-homosexual

“Cake, cake, cake”

Since: Jul 07

Let them eat cake

#59999 Aug 25, 2014
Nice try, Greggy.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#60000 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus affirmed marriage as between a man and woman and restricted homosexuals to celibacy in Matthew 19.
David would have been guilty of adultery with Jonathon if that were true.
Epic gay fail.
Smile.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the beauty of the Bible! Have you not been paying attention? If you want to find a verse for something, it is there, if you want to find a verse against it, it too is there.
For instance: 2 cor. 3:17, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty,"
Yet, slavery, the opposite of liberty is sanctioned too:
"If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)."
Do you not remember I asked you to tell us if anyone has ever seen God's face? It should be a simple yes or a no. But read the following and you will see the problem:
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
Versus
Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
You pick one verse and claim it represents the Bible and that is dishonest when other verses are available to refute it. The Bible is useless KiMare, totally useless. It is not an authority and we can not trust it to tell us about homosexuality.
That's funny.

You can't refute what I responded to.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#60001 Aug 25, 2014
KiMerde wrote:
Nice try, Greggy.
So explain what Jesus is saying in response to the disciples.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#60002 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a possibility that science will discover a cure for the sexual birth defect of homosexuality. The epigenetic mistake looks like it might be the start.
However, demanding that ss couples be equated to marriage when they are obviously inferior to the complexity of diverse gender unions, the complementary sexual union and the blended fruitfulness of marriage doesn't help their reputation does it? That is where gays are stuck on stupid and glued to dumb!
Smile.
<quoted text>
And now we have the gay population control argument given as an alternative to a direct response to what I wrote because you had no reasoned rebuttal.
You might want to check out a couple things...
1. Is that argument scientifically accepted as an evolutionary cause for homosexuality?
2. Does/has the world ever had more people than it can sustain?
Tony, the hole is all yours.
Smirk.
Honey chile,LOL. Yes I said honey chile and I spelled it wrong too. It has nothing to do with whether or not the idea is scientifically accepted. Rather it's about using COMMON SENSE. Your response is ,as is always the case when a hetero challenges a gay , WEAKER THAN WATER.
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#60003 Aug 25, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The percentages are much higher with the under 30 crowd of filthy perverted anusrumpers. Most of those deadbeat lonely homosexual losers are not smart enough to understand or care about AIDS. Plus they have been told the lie that homosexual sex is safe and natural and not to worry. They just want to move away from their home town where they were rejected as queer, move to a big city, get drunk and skrew anything that moves.
Just Saying
Calling them losers isn't going to get them to seek help. For the most part, I don't think they need help. They need to take on responsibility. Beyond that, they need to probably have half a century of lies purged from their systems and I really don't think ANYone wants to take the time.

All I can to is offer ideas and a reason to accept or reject authority with a sense of purpose. Past that, they have to want to learn and to be autonomous. Step one: Autonomy is not a pose you strike in front to the mirror. Start from there and gain perspective!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#60004 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a possibility that science will discover a cure for the sexual birth defect of homosexuality. The epigenetic mistake looks like it might be the start.
However, demanding that ss couples be equated to marriage when they are obviously inferior to the complexity of diverse gender unions, the complementary sexual union and the blended fruitfulness of marriage doesn't help their reputation does it? That is where gays are stuck on stupid and glued to dumb!
Smile.
<quoted text>
And now we have the gay population control argument given as an alternative to a direct response to what I wrote because you had no reasoned rebuttal.
1. Is that argument scientifically accepted as an evolutionary cause for homosexuality?
Smirk.
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey chile,LOL. Yes I said honey chile and I spelled it wrong too. It has nothing to do with whether or not the idea is scientifically accepted. Rather it's about using COMMON SENSE. Your response is ,as is always the case when a hetero challenges a gay , WEAKER THAN WATER.
Another stupid reply. I'm a near senile old jackass kicking yours.

You were unable to reasonably address my first post so you tried to change the subject. I called you on it and even gave you help in educating yourself. Instead you make the idiotic claim of common sense when nothing you've said at this point qualifies.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#60005 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Another stupid reply. I'm a near senile old jackass kicking yours.
You were unable to reasonably address my first post so you tried to change the subject. I called you on it and even gave you help in educating yourself. Instead you make the idiotic claim of common sense when nothing you've said at this point qualifies.
Smile.
Aww now Pookie. Well that must be the case then because..........YOU SAID SO. LOL

Helms-enator

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#60006 Aug 25, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The only contribution you have even made to "society" is when you remembered to flush after the paper work was done.
Funny you should mention e-coli, whether you want to do what's right for the country or just don't care and want to "be acceptable" somehow--which won't really happen now will it because primarily everyone is freaked out by gay criminal activity, your adding to the demise of our society through increased alcohol drug addiction etc. that leads to increased gay criminal activity and making it harder on the clean and sober crowd to raise kids etc etc. etc.-What you doing Alan is putting "gay" criminal behavior FRONT LINE and making it harder to prosecute-which will affect the bi and TG crowd.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Helms-enator

Location hidden

#60007 Aug 25, 2014
Alan, and increased std/drug healthcare bills---crime bills--security bills, etc etc .etc.etc.---this country can't afford 'GAY MARRIAGE", right now--maybe in time this country can--but their is a HUGE std/drug epidemic and 'GAY marriage" is a part of that--so your being selfish.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Helms-enator

Location hidden

#60008 Aug 25, 2014
I suggest you (alan) find out which 10 lost racketeering groups are stealing the money--legal donations , funds ,etc etc. and retrieve the money(gay marriage legal funds)and use the money to help rehabs--security--etc etc., and stop contributing to the demise of this country.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#60009 Aug 25, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww now Pookie. Well that must be the case then because..........YOU SAID SO. LOL
More name calling? How do I debate such logic?

Snicker.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

#60010 Aug 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
All the hate and pandering aside, these facts remain:
At its most basic essence marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Ss couples are a failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Moreover, anal sex also exposes homosexuality as a sexual birth defect.
Even though science still can't explain it's cause or purpose, most people in cultures throughout human history have recognized homosexuality as abnormal.
The demand that people accept the behavior as normal, and worse, equate ss couples to marriage, will never be accepted. It will only accentuate the animosity.
<quoted text>
1. Cultures cycle. Marriage and family are the fabric that holds a society together. A good example is the spectrum of Hispanic and Asian families to African American fatherless families with Caucasian families quickly disintegrating too. Are you arguing in favor of kids being raised apart from their mother and father?
But back to the issue at hand, societies evolve, but ss couples are still a failure of evolutionary mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.
2. As to birth defects, Google 'epigenetics and homosexuality'.
Your stats on anal abuse are distorted and wrong. Why do you need to be dishonest for a legitimate argument???
After you look up epigenetics, go to webmed and read up on anal sex.
3. Yes, please prove science has discovered the cause and purpose of homosexuality. I'd love to see it...
4. If there are no demands, why is it in the courts? You want me to look away while idiots pervert marriage and destroy families? Reprobate much?
So far you're 100% wrong.
Snicker.
1. It's the good old heteros that are throwing their kids away, are you advocating that they should suffer in the foster system or roam the streets? Shame on you.

2. Not everyone needs to procreate, have you checked the overpopulation scenario lately? Maybe homosexuality is mother nature's answer to over breeding, crowded conditions and poverty of resources.

3. Because that's what the polls say. Check for yourself, I wouldn't go to one of those uber religious sites though, they lie about anal, masturbation and marital fidelity. Can't find the link I want, drat wanted to watch it more thoroughly but try this one :http://arlenetaylor.org/index .php/fetal-development/3340-ho mosexual-orientation.html

4. Because of homophobes like yourself, pure and simple.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?
Still looking at this "new theory" of epigenetics, looks like it isn't settled yet.
The Daylight

Hemet, CA

#60011 Aug 25, 2014
Epigenetics?
Really Kimare,
the article is so involved I won't even read it and i'm into science.
Its so complicated i'm not even gonna post a link, but suffices to say she's born with it.
Kinda like Crohn's disease eh?
http://www.medicaldaily.com/epigenetic-change...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Charlie

Laguna Niguel, CA

#60012 Aug 25, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The only contribution you have even made to "society" is when you remembered to flush after the paper work was done.
-- Listen this old coke snorting cck sucker never worked a day in his life still living off mommy and dada has the nerve (protected behind his mommy's computer) to rant about what someone else has contributed. What fckn jerkoff.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Handsome Harry

Laguna Niguel, CA

#60013 Aug 25, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It's the good old heteros that are throwing their kids away, are you advocating that they should suffer in the foster system or roam the streets? Shame on you.
2. Not everyone needs to procreate, have you checked the overpopulation scenario lately? Maybe homosexuality is mother nature's answer to over breeding, crowded conditions and poverty of resources.
3. Because that's what the polls say. Check for yourself, I wouldn't go to one of those uber religious sites though, they lie about anal, masturbation and marital fidelity. Can't find the link I want, drat wanted to watch it more thoroughly but try this one :http://arlenetaylor.org/index .php/fetal-development/3340-ho mosexual-orientation.html
Still looking at this "new theory" of epigenetics, looks like it isn't settled yet.
How many have you adopted 3 5 7 8 9 ? What have you contributed?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#60014 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
All the hate and pandering aside, these facts remain:
At its most basic essence marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Ss couples are a failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Moreover, anal sex also exposes homosexuality as a sexual birth defect.
Even though science still can't explain it's cause or purpose, most people in cultures throughout human history have recognized homosexuality as abnormal.
The demand that people accept the behavior as normal, and worse, equate ss couples to marriage, will never be accepted. It will only accentuate the animosity.
<quoted text>
1. Cultures cycle. Marriage and family are the fabric that holds a society together. A good example is the spectrum of Hispanic and Asian families to African American fatherless families with Caucasian families quickly disintegrating too. Are you arguing in favor of kids being raised apart from their mother and father?
But back to the issue at hand, societies evolve, but ss couples are still a failure of evolutionary mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.
2. As to birth defects, Google 'epigenetics and homosexuality'.
Your stats on anal abuse are distorted and wrong. Why do you need to be dishonest for a legitimate argument???
After you look up epigenetics, go to webmed and read up on anal sex.
3. Yes, please prove science has discovered the cause and purpose of homosexuality. I'd love to see it...
4. If there are no demands, why is it in the courts? You want me to look away while idiots pervert marriage and destroy families? Reprobate much?
So far you're 100% wrong.
Snicker.
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
1. First, homosexual couples with children are MORE unstable than hetero families.

But more to the issue, the most important goal should be keeping families together. If that is not possible, the next goal should be replicating that setting as closely as possible with a default mother and father.

2. I have checked. They are predicting population numbers to diminish. Have you checked the validity of 'homosexual population control'???

3. I'm not surprised you can't find what isn't there... Here is one that is to the point:

http://chronicle.com/article/The-Evolutionary...

4. So you admit you were wrong. There are demands. Stating facts of reality is not being homophobic.

5. I never stated epigenetics is not a theory. It just happens to be the strongest theory on the table right now.

When will you face the fact you are wrong?

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#60015 Aug 26, 2014
The Daylight wrote:
Epigenetics?
Really Kimare,
the article is so involved I won't even read it and i'm into science.
Its so complicated i'm not even gonna post a link, but suffices to say she's born with it.
Kinda like Crohn's disease eh?
http://www.medicaldaily.com/epigenetic-change...
Just what is your point?

Epigenetics can't affect more than one condition?

I don't believe that people are born homosexual because I call it a sexual birth defect?

If you are daylight, why are the lights out and no one is home???

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#60016 Aug 26, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It's the good ol' "heteros" who are having kids because that is the only way to have kids, unless for some reason, you seem to be going out to party and artificial insemination is part of the night's recreational plan. Decided to have kids on purpose? Who ever stopped you from doing so? Need government money now? Shouldn't be having kids, I'd say.

2. Nobody is stopping you from not being a homosexual. You just don't deserve special legal protections or money for doing so. Stop playing the victim.

3. ARE you conceding that marriage is about having children? If so, then I guess it is implied that you are endorsing the idea that the biological parents are the preferred parents or the entire rest of your house of cards is already scattered. Marriage is a commitment, not a licence to go drilling for oil on your property. Otherwise, you might as well concede that any rich nabob, with a wife for each day of the week, has all the nobility and the requisite ka-ching to call himself daddy to as many kids as he can keep supplied with consumer junk.

It is and always was about money. It's about bleeding the public fund to keep sex addicts stuffed full of antibiotics so they can keep on being a biological weapon against politicians enemies. There is no community. There is no culture. There is no lifestyle choice. You're a two-legged AIDS bomb and a whole lot of toxic byproducts that those politicians want to dump on my property.

If you want better for yourself, get yourself out of this AIDS bomb building plant and never look back.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#60017 Aug 26, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling them losers isn't going to get them to seek help. For the most part, I don't think they need help. They need to take on responsibility......
You seem to have a sad view on your fellow heterosexuals. Many DO take responsibility. Some don't.

If you don't like they system they have created, work to dismantle it, but whining to gay folks who have, until recently, been excluded from that system seems rather pointless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More than 50 arrested protesting new North Caro... 1 min Time again 75
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 9 min Time again 1,545
News Obama says new US troops in Syria will be essen... 9 min Christsharian Dee... 104
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 222,473
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min Fit2Serve 195,152
News Kerry recalls Vietnam War's influence on his ca... 20 min Time again 5
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 20 min Son of Man 1,884
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 24 min EAGLE EYE1 380,904
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min flack 1,374,405
News Is single-payer healthcare dead in the U.S., or... 36 min Christsharian Dee... 150
More from around the web