Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61393 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#59071 Aug 17, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Ohhhhh....you silly ignorant fool you......"Gay" is also "English vernacular" for happy and merry, lame
May words have multiple meanings, stupid (swipe Peter. Most people are intelligent enough to figure out the specific meaning intended from context. But you've proven again and again that your vocabulary is barely grade school level and so are baffled by that concept.
Pietro Armando wrote:
and at one time it also referenced a womanizing man, and a female prostitute. A "gay house" was a brothel.
Words evolve, unlike you. Some meanings become archaic and new ones take their place.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Oh the irony...a gay man was once a womanizer, and now he's a man who thinks women are icky!
Just like your name is also slang for male genitalia, which is appropriate since you're a dick on so many levels.
Pietro Armando wrote:
[trimmed for space and emphasis]
Here's a little history lesson for ya:
"...The encyclopedia entries suggested directly or implicitly that same-sex eroticism was a naturally occurring if uncommon phenomenon that affected a small percentage of the general population....
Researchers study and add to the body of human knowledge all the time, stupid Peter. Just because our understanding of sexual orientation as an innate characteristic of humans only dates back to the 19th century doesn't mean it hasn't always been an innate human characteristic. After all, our knowledge of quantum physics dates from only the 20th century but that doesn't mean it hasn't always existed.
Pietro Armando wrote:
....yet you seem fixed on the 19th century "discovery" of "homosexuality".
Actually, that would be YOU. You're the one who insisted homosexuals didn't exist prior to the 19th century when history tells us otherwise.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Strange that no one thought to quantify, for lack of a better word at the moment, same sex sexual behavior/attraction before the Germans.
Because bigoted *sswipes like you were too busy punishing and persecuting anyone that displayed such behavior.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#59072 Aug 17, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Gayness has everything to do with the decline of humanity and society.
Any perceived decline in "humanity" results from uneducated trailer trash like you trying to drag everyone down to your level.
SevenTee wrote:
When Gays try to steal marriage benefits they have crossed the line
One can't steal what is fundamentally theirs as a US citizen and human being. Marriage is a fundamental right of all humans and you neither own or get to dictate who may exercise that right.
SevenTee wrote:
from their degenerate lowlife existence
Talking to yourself in the mirror again, huh?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#59073 Aug 17, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Any perceived decline in "humanity" results from uneducated trailer trash like you trying to drag everyone down to your level.
<quoted text>
One can't steal what is fundamentally theirs as a US citizen and human being. Marriage is a fundamental right of all humans and you neither own or get to dictate who may exercise that right.
<quoted text>
You have WAY more patience dealing with these idiot trolls than I do.........these folks will die believing what they want to believe.
Frick-N-Frack

Dublin, CA

#59074 Aug 18, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You have WAY more patience dealing with these idiot trolls than I do.........these folks will die believing what they want to believe.
And I could really care less Rose,as long as equality still marches down the road,and it is ! They are simply to twisted that they are to stupid to realize it ! Hopefully the Supreme court takes up the question soon so it can all be over and settles once and for all ! Screw them.like I said as long as equality is the final product,F them sick Mo Fo's ! Hope you're well ? ; )

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Kansas City, MO

#59075 Aug 18, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigoted *sswipes have been shoving your heterosexuality down the throats of gays for centuries so if you don't like receiving what you dish out, tough. Choke on it, quit whining and STFU.
Denial from the mentally ill. Nobody is "shoving" heterosexuality down your throats. It is simply how sexual reproduction occurs. Accept that or don't. The liberals gladly deny that, which only shows that they don't have any kind of a plan. Or more precisely, they don't have a plan that works, so they are just going with a plan that they can profit from.

Welcome to western civilization! Not really the happening place that they think they are. It's going to take a bit more than barking when you hear the whistle blow.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Kansas City, MO

#59076 Aug 18, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Neither or you are entitled to anything. It should be taken away from you abruptly to remind you just how far you've both fallen from being contributing members of society. Still, I don't want to reward the rich with more tax breaks so I may be inclined to put first things first.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Kansas City, MO

#59077 Aug 18, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Many learned judges disagree with you Cletus. Your inbreeding is showing.
You're wasting time by bringing up judges. They are neither learned nor are they carrying out the will of the law or the people. They are for-profit political hacks who come from the aristocracy. They are witch doctors whose only purpose is to keep a semblance of order while helping to enforce a status-quo that has existed for the last 30 years or so since the aristocracy first usurped power.

Before them, the liberal aristocracy did much to reduce the order of things. They were spying on Americans, propagandizing and engaging in for-profit social engineering programs long before political correctness turned Washington into a witch hunting ground. All we did was allow the idiot masses without a plan to ruin democracy so that the conservative aristocracy could rule from their places of anonymity. The military/industrial complex has been set free so that we could divvy out money to fudge packers for their political loyalty.

My only question is: with the next war about to occur,(I give it about one year tops!) and the next induced recession coming right around that bend, I wonder how much the gubbermint will enforce "equality" on the front lines? Or will they give the gays desk jobs and kick all the POS family men to the front lines where they can get their worthless butts shot, like they do with the rest of the disposable drones? I guess that all depends on who gets elected. We all know "equality" for what is really is in this world.

I don't like waiting for the problem. It will happen. I want people to be very sure that I wasn't surprised, because I wasn't surprised.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Kansas City, MO

#59078 Aug 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. DebraE is extremely boring. Old wind bag.
...and yet, the monologueing and speaking in tongues goes on quite well, without her input, doesn't it? There's a lot of junk to scroll through. Starts to make me wonder if we're dealing in secret codes, or if people really do like to just dump junk here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#59079 Aug 18, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wasting time by bringing up judges. They are neither learned nor are they carrying out the will of the law or the people. They are for-profit political hacks who come from the aristocracy. They are witch doctors whose only purpose is to keep a semblance of order while helping to enforce a status-quo that has existed for the last 30 years or so since the aristocracy first usurped power.
Before them, the liberal aristocracy did much to reduce the order of things. They were spying on Americans, propagandizing and engaging in for-profit social engineering programs long before political correctness turned Washington into a witch hunting ground. All we did was allow the idiot masses without a plan to ruin democracy so that the conservative aristocracy could rule from their places of anonymity. The military/industrial complex has been set free so that we could divvy out money to fudge packers for their political loyalty.
My only question is: with the next war about to occur,(I give it about one year tops!) and the next induced recession coming right around that bend, I wonder how much the gubbermint will enforce "equality" on the front lines? Or will they give the gays desk jobs and kick all the POS family men to the front lines where they can get their worthless butts shot, like they do with the rest of the disposable drones? I guess that all depends on who gets elected. We all know "equality" for what is really is in this world.
I don't like waiting for the problem. It will happen. I want people to be very sure that I wasn't surprised, because I wasn't surprised.
Do you understand the difference between a democracy and a republic?
Are our laws based on what the majority want?
1 post removed

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#59081 Aug 18, 2014
anonymous wrote:
They are for-profit political hacks who come from the aristocracy.
This assertion would look slightly less idiotic, if the US didn't specifically prohibit holding a title, or acknowledging nobility.

Do you understand what aristocracy actually is?

Looks like someone is running for the lower class twit of the year award.
1 post removed
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#59083 Aug 18, 2014
lides wrote:
Looks like someone is running for the lower class twit of the year award.
You've got my vote!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#59085 Aug 18, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got my vote!
Yes. I am on team lides too!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#59086 Aug 18, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T give a damn what folks call it....the State calls it MARRIAGE plain and simple!!!
"I now pronounce you husband and wife".......after all if it's all marriage, then the state make that pronouncement for all marriages....right?
Yes, being Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual are normal variations with regards to the human sexuality traits.....and are innate just like being straight is!
Really...so "Gay, Lesbian, or Bisexual", and "straight" are scientific terms related to human sexuality? Or are they sexual identity labels people choose for themselves?
When DOMA was signed in 1996, the Federal Government took it upon themselves to encase DISCRIMINATION and that's why Section 3 is NO longer valid....
So when the Federal government told the Mormons in the mid 19th century at they had to disavow plural marriage in order for Utah to become a state, did they take it upon themselves to "...encase DISCRIMINATION..."?
......one CAN'T say this marriage is more valuable than that marriage..
So says you...but not the rest of society. It's a matter of function, form, and purpose.
......at least NOT without being discriminatory!!!
Uhhhhhh....huh...so any "marriage" is "valuable" regardless of who defines it, and it's composition? Well heck, let's just stick the label "marriage" on any number of relationships, and lo and behold it becomes "valuable".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#59087 Aug 18, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
"I now pronounce you husband and wife".......after all if it's all marriage, then the state make that pronouncement for all marriages....right?
Guess what, Pietro, the state requires no such pronouncement. You sign a legal contract, and pay a fee.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Really...so "Gay, Lesbian, or Bisexual", and "straight" are scientific terms related to human sexuality? Or are they sexual identity labels people choose for themselves?
It matters not one way or the other. They are still people entitled to equality under the law.
Pietro Armando wrote:
So when the Federal government told the Mormons in the mid 19th century at they had to disavow plural marriage in order for Utah to become a state, did they take it upon themselves to "...encase DISCRIMINATION..."?
It isn't discriminatory, the Mormons had the same rights under the law as everyone else. You have been utterly incapable of articulating a single state interest served by denying same sex couples equality under the law to marry. Polygamists don't seek equal protection of the law.
Pietro Armando wrote:
So says you...but not the rest of society. It's a matter of function, form, and purpose.
The rest of society doesn't get a vote in who an individual marries. It is between the two individuals, unless there is a state interest in preventing the marriage.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Uhhhhhh....huh...so any "marriage" is "valuable" regardless of who defines it, and it's composition? Well heck, let's just stick the label "marriage" on any number of relationships, and lo and behold it becomes "valuable".
Is this the best you can do, because this argument make you look dumber than usual, and that is really saying something.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#59088 Aug 18, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical homo respnse. You are a Waste ---
You still post irrational nonsense. Why should anyone take you seriously Cletus?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#59089 Aug 18, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall refer to you as professor lol --- define Christian. what is your version?
I do not understand your question.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#59090 Aug 18, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
The three beings "Giants" you are refering to are the father, the son and the holy ghost. You know the rest!
You believe that because someone told you. The Giants I was talking about were human beings who knew what they were, what they were for and how to produce the substances the Universe needs.

You are a factory: You eat and you shit. You breath in and you exhale. You take in impressions and nothing happens. You are a flesh and blood machine. Tell me, what is your own?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#59091 Aug 18, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I've spoken to hookers lots
of times. I respect people enough
not to give my opinion of their lives.
Unless it was a known minor.
Everyone always wants to make distinction and exceptions. LOL. We have all spoken to people who have both sold sex for money and who have purchases sex for money. Only we never know it. Just like we all know men who have sex with men and we don't know it.

I just watched Kinsey last night and it reminded me about how much we only see the surface of people and really haven't a clue about all the fantasies they indulge in, or want to indulge in. Usually the more one puts some sexual activity down the more interested they are in doing it. Americans in particular are really sexually hung up and repress their normal sexual functioning.

Just look at psycho's like Seven Tee.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#59092 Aug 18, 2014
lides wrote:
Polygamists don't seek equal protection of the law.
Of course they do. Can you produce a list of these elusive "greater protections?"
Before you start, I know state law doesn't allow polygamy, most states don't allow same sex marriage either.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#59093 Aug 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow Poof will say something contradicting what he admits to today. He brags he makes posts go Poof, then he claims he doesn't, the mods do. He brags he reports my posts, then he says he never reports posts someone else does. He brags that he has a mod friend who does dirty deeds for him, then he denies it. He says he doesn't care about polygamy, then he says he does and it shouldn't be allowed.
He's a jackass troll and the worst kind, a liar with a bad memory. Gay good, straight bad is the only thing consistent about Poof.
All fascists are insane like Poop1. If it wasn't entertaining to laugh at him why would one bother! Have you noticed he is back rigging the judge-its again? What a pathetic creature he is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 1 min Lawrence Wolf 4,883
News Trump visits CIA, continues fight with media 2 min The Real Donald T... 67
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,482,933
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Dogen 218,816
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Just call me ABE 2 256,652
News Popovich blasts Donald Trump and aides: They're... 7 min TRUMP 45 21
News Being conservative is not being racist 8 min Paul 66
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 18 min nanoanomaly 2,040
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min Buffalo Bill 409,560
News In Trump We Trust: Inauguration prompts celebra... 59 min Chicagoan by Birth 106
More from around the web