Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 60826 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#58674 Aug 14, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
This has become a totally retarded thread.
BYE KIDS
I miss Frankie too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#58675 Aug 14, 2014
Bruno wrote:
Gooood morning yall
Good Morning Bruno...
Have a great day!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#58676 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are filled with the spirit of the Holy Spook who is guiding you in how God wants you to be and you can't stop twisting my words in the hope that someone will believe your sorry ass that I am not a friend of the gay community.
Because of that it is impossible to take your sorry ass seriously.
I deal with you Poop1 because you attacked me, mean, nasty and maliciously. It has nothing to do with anything Frankie has said about you. You called me Rev Anal, Frankie didn't tell me that, I read it for myself.
You are not a nice person because you are a Christian and you do shove your garbage down the throats of others all the time and all I do is prove it is garbage. And if people still want to eat the garbage after they know it is garbage that is their problem.
It is hard to believe you condemn me, insult me and harass me because I believe and advocate freedom and liberty for all.
Frankie is right about you being one messed up nasty and mean moron, I agree with him completely, but I do not go along with that just because Frankie says it, it is my experience of you. So grow up and stop pretending you are this victim of Frankie saying bad things about you. As far as I can tell everything Frankie ever said about you is objectively true.
You are really twisted believing that someone as rational and logical as myself would believe something someone else says, just because they say it. That explains you, you believe things people tell you with out any discovery at all. You just believe with out any attempt to verify if there is any truth in what you are told, and that is why you are a typical Christian, in other words someone who knows what the Bible says to others but not what is said to you.
You are a pathetic hypocrite and evil to the core. If there was a God you would not be representing it. No God would have such a defective and cruel being as its spokesperson.
Ok, here you are , Rev.
I'm a little cornfused about something on the "losing streak" thread.
Is Poof1 in FAVOR of laws forcing baker to make cakes or products against his wishes and concerns, but then here ......
DiD I completely mIsss something here?????
I KNOW You're a friend to the lgbt community and in support of same sex marriage.
Is Poof 1 ALso IN favor of same sex marriage as he appears to have on the other thread or only in support of causing the (possibly) Christian baker to make the cake ?
No, I get it, he don't care one way or the other who wants to marry whozit, just as long as they get their cake?
WTF?

Poof1 wrote:

<quoted text>
"Poor wttle fella is the gay man being mean to you? My faith, has nothing to do with this thread, Gays and Lesbians , I don't force it on them, never have and never will. Un like your self I don't feel the need to force any thing down anyone's throat, if in your small mind you think that you will somehow affect my faith you're even more delusional than I thought. As it has been said, don't start no crap wont be no crap. You chose to go after me, based on what your little puppet Frankie told you. Had you taken the time, you would know just how far off base you really are. Now piss off putz "

???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#58677 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Eccles. 10:19, "A feast is made for laughter, wine makes life merry, and money is the answer for everything."
Not in my life!
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#58678 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss Frankie too.
What happened to him?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#58679 Aug 14, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>What happened to him?
He gets banned all the time .. Hope
he is OK!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#58680 Aug 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't deal with logic, can you, fundie?
Logic yes, Glibtee reasoning approved by the LKGB, no.
That's like saying everybody had the right to marry someone of the same race.
No it's saying marriage is a union of husband and wife, regardless of the ethnicity of the man and woman, or their self professed, if any, sexual identity labels.

You're stupid.
I'm sure you copy/pasted that from some fundie hate site,
I know you prefer your hate only from LKGB approved sites.
but the Constitution says we all have equal protection under the law.
Yes, and it occurs when a man and woman enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife.

Why do you have a problem with that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#58681 Aug 14, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, here you are , Rev.
I'm a little cornfused about something on the "losing streak" thread.
Is Poof1 in FAVOR of laws forcing baker to make cakes or products against his wishes and concerns, but then here ......
DiD I completely mIsss something here?????
I KNOW You're a friend to the lgbt community and in support of same sex marriage.
Is Poof 1 ALso IN favor of same sex marriage as he appears to have on the other thread or only in support of causing the (possibly) Christian baker to make the cake ?
No, I get it, he don't care one way or the other who wants to marry whozit, just as long as they get their cake?
WTF?
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Poor wttle fella is the gay man being mean to you? My faith, has nothing to do with this thread, Gays and Lesbians , I don't force it on them, never have and never will. Un like your self I don't feel the need to force any thing down anyone's throat, if in your small mind you think that you will somehow affect my faith you're even more delusional than I thought. As it has been said, don't start no crap wont be no crap. You chose to go after me, based on what your little puppet Frankie told you. Had you taken the time, you would know just how far off base you really are. Now piss off putz "
???
You are pointing out the fact that Poop1 is inconsistent and contradictory in what he advocates. Not only from thread to thread but from post to post in the same thread. Poop1 wants the Baker forced to bake gay wedding cakes, Poop1 claims no one has any right to discriminate and of course he is wrong. We all not only have the right, we all exercise it all day long. It is how human beings are.

Poop1 is trying to convince both myself and himself that I don't like him because Frankie told me some bad things about him and that in reality he [poop1] is a nice guy and I would like him of Frankie hadn't told the truth about him.

The problem with that simple minded "reasoning" is that I have read Poop1's posts and I have verified for myself that Poop1 is a nasty POS. Frankie was right to point it all out, however anyone with the ability to read could read the hate in Poop1's own words, in his own posts. Frankie was both objective and impartial in his observations of Poop1 and I have, based on the same evidence, came to the same conclusion about Poop1.

These Christians are insane. They insist hearsay is more important than evidence. In fact often Poop1 believes that hearsay is evidence. How retarded is that!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#58682 Aug 14, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to him?
I do not know.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#58683 Aug 14, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
This has become a totally retarded thread.
BYE KIDS
Awwwwww.......don't go Wastey....you'll miss the wedding of Rev Al and Rosie. Every one gets a pair of bobble head dolls of the couple, the Reverend in his his finest vestments, and Rosie in her rainbow wedding dress.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#58684 Aug 14, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
He gets banned all the time .. Hope
he is OK!
Poop1 used to brag that he got Frankie banned all the time until Poop1 said he was a Christian and we asked him if banning people was the Christian thing to do. That is when Poop1 started trying not to be a nasty troll. He needs to try harder. I'd like to see a whole lot more huffing and puffing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#58685 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't they have a place where trolls can troll each other instead of infiltrating groups where adults want to engage each other? Actually that is a question for Poop1.
Too bad Topix can't let us own a thread where we can start a thread and moderate it so that we can delete all the posts the trolls post.
Might be a good suggestion to topix.
ROFLMAO, if that where the case, you and your Romance Flunkie would never have a post, they would be gone, poof. YOU two are trolls

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#58686 Aug 14, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
.You're stupid.
pot/kettle

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#58687 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't deny that you have been horrible to me for the last two years and that I am responding to your behavior and not what Frankie told me about you. From my experience with your nasty mean and horrible behavior I have concluded that every thing Frankie wrote about you is true. I do not have to believe Frankie, all I have to do is read your posts and then I know from my own experience that you are nasty, mean and filled with revenge, and that proves you are trying to be a Christian.
Two years you lying POS, until this spring I never crossed your path, put the flucking crack pipe down, you don't have the brain cells to spare. Now piss off asshat

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#58688 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Poop1 used to brag that he got Frankie banned all the time until Poop1 said he was a Christian and we asked him if banning people was the Christian thing to do. That is when Poop1 started trying not to be a nasty troll. He needs to try harder. I'd like to see a whole lot more huffing and puffing.
You lying POS, Frankie gets himself deleted, he's not banned you moron. He could be sleeping off a drunk, or maybe he got tired of being a troll, and moved on.

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#58689 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the math, the Bible says the earth was created about 6 thousand years ago. How can there be 8,000 years of human history when the earth was created out of nothing 6,000 years ago?
OK asshat show me the passage where the bible says the earth was created 6000years ago. Put up or STFU

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#58690 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hypocrite, you have been arguing against marriage freedom for at least two years that I know of.
And don't point fingers at KKKiMares simple mindedness when you are every bit as simple minded as he is.
Yes, marriage is a choice, and you want to restrict some people from making it. Hypocrite is not a strong enough word to describe what you advocate in this discussion Poop1. You want to try and present yourself as all decent and good but the truth is you as every bit as anti-freedom as is KKKiMare.
There is no real difference between you in that you both want to restrict the freedom and liberty to marry of someone, somewhere. How silly of you to think that makes you more humanitarian than KKKiMare. KKKiMare just discriminates against a few more people than you do, but you still discriminate and that is a crime against humanity.
You lying POS I never knew you existed before this spring. I don't give a crap what you think, in your tiny mind. You and Flunkie need to start a thread on polygamy ,now piss off asshat
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#58691 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pointing out the fact that Poop1 is inconsistent and contradictory in what he advocates. Not only from thread to thread but from post to post in the same thread. Poop1 wants the Baker forced to bake gay wedding cakes, Poop1 claims no one has any right to discriminate and of course he is wrong. We all not only have the right, we all exercise it all day long. It is how human beings are.
Poop1 is trying to convince both myself and himself that I don't like him because Frankie told me some bad things about him and that in reality he [poop1] is a nice guy and I would like him of Frankie hadn't told the truth about him.
The problem with that simple minded "reasoning" is that I have read Poop1's posts and I have verified for myself that Poop1 is a nasty POS. Frankie was right to point it all out, however anyone with the ability to read could read the hate in Poop1's own words, in his own posts. Frankie was both objective and impartial in his observations of Poop1 and I have, based on the same evidence, came to the same conclusion about Poop1.
These Christians are insane. They insist hearsay is more important than evidence. In fact often Poop1 believes that hearsay is evidence. How retarded is that!
That's the kind of retarded you protect children from. Seriously, I would be really upset if some of my younger family members saw some of what's been posted here and on the other threads concerning gay marriage, rights or legal issues. These people post the most "sexually charged"( for lack of better words) messages and responses to each other.
It's like a gay bath house full of rabid pitbulls...Sexuality mixed with rage and desire to abuse if not outright DO PHYSICAL Harm.
NO, humans are not sentient beings yet.
I don't post as often as I used to, because there's so many times I just have nothing to say to any of the CRAP! on here at the time. I sometimes find my self avoiding having my name appear out on the list of threads, so as to avoid being associated with some of the posts showing at the time across several threads.
Disgusting.
We all Good Rev,
Have a great day!
;-D

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#58692 Aug 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you get out of telling that lie that gay people were invented?
What do you get out of lying about the truth? Afraid the LKGB will arrest you?
Has nothing to do with the issue one way or another.
Sure it does...basing marriage laws, or redefining marriage based on self professed sexual identity labels is pointless.
A man, straight or gay, can marry a woman, so a woman should also be able to.
Just "gay" or "straight"? What about all the other letters in the Glibtee marquee? Don't they get an option?

Let's just keep it simple, a man, regardless of self professed sexual identity, orientation, and/or attraction, can marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband AND wife.
A woman, straight or gay, can marry a man, so a man should also be able to.
A woman, regardless of self professed sexual identity, orientation, and/or attraction, can marry, enter into a legally recognized union of wife AND husband.
Why are you against equal protection under the law?
Why are you against men and women being treated equally under law as it relates to marriage, the legally recognized union of husband and wife?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#58693 Aug 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you get out of telling that lie?
Here's the link from a Glibtee "hate" site.

http://theseattlelesbian.com/robert-beachy-th...

Perhaps you could contact them in regards to your assertion. Just show them your rainbow club card.
Homosexuals have been around a lot longer than Germany has.
Individuals who have practiced SSSB, and/or experienced SSSA (attraction) have been around a lot longer than Germany, however "homosexuals" are an invention of the Germans in the mid to late 19th century.
But even if what you said was not a lie,
We both know it's not, but I understand your fear of the LKGB.
it doesn't matter either way.
Sure it does. All sorts of sexual behaviors, feelings, and/or attractions have existed throughout time and place, including same sex, incest, poly sexual, even beastiality. Yet you seem to argue that only those behaviors, feelings, and/mod attraction, that have an attached sexual identity, "gay" and "lesbian", should be given consideration.
Oh! I get it! There women's suffrage movement began in NZ in the late 19th Century. That must mean women were invented by New Zealanders in the late 19th Century.
Good comeback Potts!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fox News announces GOP debate field 4 min Le Jimbo 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min CHARON 1,265,124
Bernie Sanders 6 min katn 1
News 5 things about Congress' fight over Planned Par... 7 min positronium 121
News Following Lafayette theater shooting, 'Trainwre... 11 min Butters 54
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min loose cannon 194,840
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 12 min Le Jimbo 157
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min LeDuped 190,691
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr Quirky 337,040
More from around the web