Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61393 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Wondering

Indianapolis, IN

#58704 Aug 14, 2014
gays love poo

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#58705 Aug 14, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Have the right to equal protection when they marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife.
<quoted text>
She can marry a man, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife.
<quoted text>
A man can marry a woman, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife.
But the terms "husband" and "wife" are defined by gender, so that's like saying everybody had the right to sit in the section assigned to their race.

Santa Monica, CA

#58706 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
In 8000 years of human history, not one single culture has ever accepted gay couples as married from start to finish. It has NEVER established itself and spread to other cultures. Meanwhile, marriage has been a part of every single culture!
In fact, in this brief, recent incursion of ss marriage being imposed on society, the result has been that marriage is DIMINISHING in those countries that legalized it!!!
Smirk.
No culture has accepted monster mutations as human from start to finish.
Many have had them killed.

:)

Yo
Jones

New York, NY

#58707 Aug 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But the terms "husband" and "wife" are defined by gender, so that's like saying everybody had the right to sit in the section assigned to their race.
In a male homo "marriage" one of the queers pretends to be the wife. He's the one who takes it up the ass.

In a female homo "marriage", one of the dykes pretends to be the husband and straps on a fake dick.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Santa Monica, CA

#58708 Aug 14, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
If you notice on many recent non-stop postings quoting versus from your Bible, it means there is sufficient evidence that you Bible thumpers are trying desperately to convince your audience of your own feelings. When you go out of your way to quote the Bible like you have, that is working very hard dummy. You are only showing your own fear, you are looking for good reasons to deny God and his word. We all have free will and we can chose to use it how you wish.
No, stupid, I'm just showing what ignorant idiots you Buy-bull believers are, and how stupid and down right evil much of what the Buy-bull says is.
No hard work.
http://www.evilbible.com
http://bible.cc
Well, maybe it would be hard work for you.
Roberto

Temple Hills, MD

#58709 Aug 14, 2014
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
In a male homo "marriage" one of the queers pretends to be the wife. He's the one who takes it up the ass.
In a female homo "marriage", one of the dykes pretends to be the husband and straps on a fake dick.
Naaaaw thats a black thang.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Santa Monica, CA

#58710 Aug 14, 2014
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't get your mind off of dicks, can you?
Even your fantasies about women having sex with each other involve them.

But even if what you say it true, so what?
The sex consenting adults engage in is none of the government's business.
All persons are entitled to equal protection under the law.
Cassandra

Pacific, MO

#58711 Aug 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, I'm just showing what ignorant idiots you Buy-bull believers are, and how stupid and down right evil much of what the Buy-bull says is.
No hard work.
http://www.evilbible.com
http://bible.cc
Well, maybe it would be hard work for you.
ROSE
stupid & idiots? why do you do that insult good people because they simply do not agree with you? do you like it when someone calls you a insulting name how about someone in your family? you are not sensible,
why you like that were you abused sometime in your life?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jones

New York, NY

#58712 Aug 14, 2014
Cassandra wrote:
<quoted text>
ROSE
stupid & idiots? why do you do that insult good people because they simply do not agree with you? do you like it when someone calls you a insulting name how about someone in your family? you are not sensible,
Because she's an azzhole.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Santa Monica, CA

#58713 Aug 14, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Your are insane! quit your preaching you are confused
Many people base their argument against gay marriage on what the bible says.
I'm just pointing out how horrible some of that the buy-bull says is.

Santa Monica, CA

#58714 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pietro Armando could care less about what the Bible has to say about anything other than homosexuality. After he reads 1 Peter 4:15 he gives God the finger and tells Jesus to go screw himself.
Have you noticed all the spam the trolls are flooding this thread with? Do they actually think anyone reads it?
There are so many "bible believers" who feel they are smarter than god.

I've been scrolling past so much!
Tyrone Jones

Torrance, CA

#58715 Aug 14, 2014
Cassandra wrote:
<quoted text>
ROSE
Because it is a black thang ands becauze Rose is my beaitch ..... BLACK POWER BLACK POWER BLACK POWER BLACK POWER

btw ....Hey Beaitch fetch me a 40 and roll up a fat blunt Beaitch
No backtalk beaitch slap your fat ass into next week beaitch gett

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed

Santa Monica, CA

#58717 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That certainly could be a great advantage. I occasionally mention my grandfather and my two grandmothers. Two grandmothers has twice the advantage of one. When I would invite my friends to attend family functions with me and they saw how helpful everyone was of one another I would often hear comments like, "I wish I had two grandma's".
My kids certainly saw my gay cousin as an advantage. When they couldn't get something out of me they would go ask him to talk to me on their behalf. If they needed a ride into town and I wasn't available they would ask him. He was always available and willing to help.
Cool post.:)
Tyrone Jones

Torrance, CA

#58718 Aug 14, 2014
Rose does not being want to be reminded of her abused childhood. BLACK PANTHER BLACK POWER

WHERE'S THAT 40 BEAITCH? BEST FETCH BEFO I TAKES MY BELT OFF yaa datt right

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tyrone Jones

Torrance, CA

#58719 Aug 14, 2014
Rosie read the bible while she was in prison. Turn her life around more like upside down. She does not like to talk about it. Cannot handle the truth.

HURRY UP BEAITCH ROLL THAT MUDDERFKR BLUNT BEAITCH HO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Santa Monica, CA

#58720 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is filled with nonsense and the more one believes it, the more one makes a statement about how stupid one is.
It is funny how 7-11 will repeat that God is love, something his mother told him and he hasn't been able to verify, yet won't believe what the Bible itself says about God.
Why doesn't 7-11 believe what the Bible tells us about God? Well, clearly the answer is because what the Bible tells us about God is DIFFERENT than what his momma has told him about God and 7-11 always believes his momma over what the Bible says, even thought he insists the Bible is the word of God, written by God, about God.
What does the Bible tell us about God?
"Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3).
What kind of God goes around smearing shit on people's faces? 7-11's kind of God.
When I started really reading the bible, I was shocked at just how petty god is.
Tyrone Jones

Torrance, CA

#58721 Aug 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool post.:)
YES I BETS HE LIKE TAKING THE KIDS FO A RIDE

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cassandra

Pacific, MO

#58722 Aug 14, 2014
Rosie do you like to be called names and be made fun of?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cassandra

Pacific, MO

#58723 Aug 14, 2014
You scroll past nothing you hang on every word your compulsive nature. Who are you to judge other people?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Santa Monica, CA

#58724 Aug 14, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic yes, Glibtee reasoning approved by the LKGB, no.
<quoted text>
No it's saying marriage is a union of husband and wife, regardless of the ethnicity of the man and woman, or their self professed, if any, sexual identity labels.
This involves logic, so it's a bit much for you, but you are making a circular argument, saying marriage is a union of husband and wife. The issue is changing the definition to include a unions of the couples of the same sex.
What you are doing is like going into an argument about legalizing pot saying we can't legalize pot because it's illegal.
Pietro Armando wrote:
You're stupid.
<quoted text>
I know you prefer your hate only from LKGB approved sites.
<quoted text>
Yes, and it occurs when a man and woman enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife.
Why do you have a problem with that?
Don't, but it should also include unions of couples of the same sex.
The government has no business in our undies.
What about people with both sets of genitals? Or people with indeterminate genitalia?
Have you thought...oh, no, you haven't, it involves thinking.
Why do you have a problem with equal protection under the law?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 min spud 8,455
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,382,555
News The fight over illegal immigrants goes to the S... 10 min Synque 142
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 22 min DDDD-25 996
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 24 min Don Barros Serrano 1,394
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Dr Guru 214,300
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min Injudgement 224,728
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 44 min Agents of Corruption 383,882
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Brian_G 402
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 4 hr PauldenZangpo0521 116
News Government to stop using 'negro' and 'oriental' 5 hr Joe Balls 231
More from around the web