Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61397 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frick-N-Frack

Dublin, CA

#58617 Aug 13, 2014
Karla wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm i don't know what happen to first two links 3rd tells a story.
Who cares,no one ! Now move along and stop spamming the board with your funny "fictional" fairy tales ! You are to put it in terms simple enough so that even you will understand nukin futs ! Now kindly FOAD you psychotic loser !

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#58618 Aug 13, 2014
Frick-N-Frack wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares,no one ! Now move along and stop spamming the board with your funny "fictional" fairy tales ! You are to put it in terms simple enough so that even you will understand nukin futs ! Now kindly FOAD you psychotic loser !
Ha !:)
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#58619 Aug 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
One can only guess at the number of laws you have violated and the number of times you have violated them. Pot/kettle.
I am not an over-reacting hot headed control freak like you are Poop1. If you want the NSA to read my posts I would be thrilled to have them do so as long as they are right next to yours so they can see who the real "Batshiet crazy" person is here.
It is OK to defend yourself and if more people shot and killed more home invading violators of
their rights the police might reconsider breaking down your front door and destroying your home while you lay naked on the front law. I asked the question,'when is it OK to kill a cop.'
The intelligent people in this thread see exactly what you are doing Poop1, you are trying to rally people to post against me by twisting and misrepresenting what I have openly and freely admitted to in various posts in Topix. You want everyone to attack me with one post after another because you are a Christian and that is just what Christians do when confronted with the truth.
I hope you grow up and give up this childish revenge that permeates your whole entire being.
OooOoOoohhh! The INTELLIGENT people, eh? Tick tock!...and when they don't endorse your behavior, what then? I know! "Born Gay" in 4...3....2...1...

If you WERE intelligent, you wouldn't be endorsing the NSA for any reason. Here's one simple rule you can count on. Nobody gathers information to find the truth. They already know what they consider the truth. They just want bogus numbers to support their opinions. Don't trust anyone to support your opinion by way of a side-by-side comparison.

If you even remotely believed in libertarianism, you'd know this. You'd also KNOW that it is ridiculously ABSURD to imagine that the NSA spends BILLIONS of taxpayer dollars on collecting data that they will only peak at after saying "Mother, may I?" They want it all and they want it NOW! Congress does not want to oversee them. They want to access that data in pursuit of their politics. The president wants that data to defend his or herself against personal enemies. That data is not a defensive tool. It's an OFFENSIVE WEAPON!

...but you are NO Libertarian. You WANT that weapon. YOU have your own enemies list and you want to wage a war against your enemies. IT'S THE KKKristians! We've all heard you, Alan. You just try to make it sound like "IT'S THE 14TH AMENDMENT!!!"

Just let us know when you're ready to get back to the real debate here, would you Mork?
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#58620 Aug 14, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose is neither fat, a liar or a beaitch. She is warm, funny and caring, she will also mop up the floor with you if needed. She doesn't suffer fools.
BTW, your links are all broken;0)
Rose doesn't suffer fools? No, she invites them!

Her only defense against any argument is "IT'S THE 14TH AMENDMENT!!" Only a fool wastes time on any response other than actual judicial interpretations of that amendment.

...and we have plenty of fools here who live to take a flying flock at a rolling doughnut!
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#58621 Aug 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Men and women, dummy
Have the right to equal protection when they marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife.
A man can marry a woman, so a woman should also be able to
She can marry a man, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife.
A woman can marry a man, so a man should also be able to.
A man can marry a woman, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#58622 Aug 14, 2014
In 8000 years of human history, not one single culture has ever accepted gay couples as married from start to finish. It has NEVER established itself and spread to other cultures. Meanwhile, marriage has been a part of every single culture!

In fact, in this brief, recent incursion of ss marriage being imposed on society, the result has been that marriage is DIMINISHING in those countries that legalized it!!!

Smirk.
Lenny45_LT

Torrance, CA

#58623 Aug 14, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you are blinde.
What is blinde ?
Karla

Torrance, CA

#58624 Aug 14, 2014
Good morning peoples including Cali Girl 2014 did you all enjoy the magnificent sermon last night. Dandy Deacon and Brother Bubba? I sure did.
Karla

Torrance, CA

#58625 Aug 14, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
It gives a page full of different headlines leading to stories. Try again Balwin.
WTF must have been a brain fart, lot of that going around you know?

Ballwin turd rock from the sun
Karla

Torrance, CA

#58626 Aug 14, 2014
Lenny45_LT wrote:
<quoted text>
What is blinde ?
blinde is that like a leather daddy?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#58627 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
In 8000 years of human history, not one single culture has ever accepted gay couples as married from start to finish.
Is this the best you can do for a rationalization?

Pretty pathetic, bigot boy.

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#58628 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
In 8000 years of human history, not one single culture has ever accepted gay couples as married from start to finish. It has NEVER established itself and spread to other cultures. Meanwhile, marriage has been a part of every single culture!
In fact, in this brief, recent incursion of ss marriage being imposed on society, the result has been that marriage is DIMINISHING in those countries that legalized it!!!
Smirk.
LOL you actually are blaming Gays and Lesbians for the fall in heterosexual marriages around the world? Ummm do you also blame global warming, air and water pollution on them? How about the latest round of attacks between Israel and Palestine? Damn Greg, you are a simple minded person.

Could it be that more and more young people see that a piece of paper isn't needed to have a happy productive life? Marriage is a choice, one that should not be held back to those who wish to enter into it with some one they love, regardless of sexual orientation.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#58629 Aug 14, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you actually are blaming Gays and Lesbians for the fall in heterosexual marriages around the world? Ummm do you also blame global warming, air and water pollution on them? How about the latest round of attacks between Israel and Palestine? Damn Greg, you are a simple minded person.
Could it be that more and more young people see that a piece of paper isn't needed to have a happy productive life? Marriage is a choice, one that should not be held back to those who wish to enter into it with some one they love, regardless of sexual orientation.
Where did I do that?

You think it is right that a couple births children and doesn't take responsibility together for them???
Pietro Armando

Frankfort, NY

#58630 Aug 14, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you actually are blaming Gays and Lesbians for the fall in heterosexual marriages around the world?
Why would people blame the men, women, and children who live on the isle of Lesbos for the decline of marriage?
n.
Could it be that more and more young people see that a piece of paper isn't needed to have a happy productive life?
Theses same young people who engage in serial monogamy, and have more children out of wedlock than previous generations.
Marriage is a choice, one that should not be held back to those who wish to enter into it with some one they love, regardless of sexual orientation.
No man or woman is denied the right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife because of their self professed sexual orientation.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#58631 Aug 14, 2014
>>>>----______
I gotta go ask someone about this....

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#58632 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I do that?
You think it is right that a couple births children and doesn't take responsibility together for them???
How does a marriage license guarantee that a couple will take responsibility for having children?

Go back and read what you posted.

KiMare wrote:

Smirk.

Clearly you are blaming Gays and Lesbians for the fall in numbers of marriage between heterosexual couples. That my friend is what YOU implied.

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#58633 Aug 14, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would people blame the men, women, and children who live on the isle of Lesbos for the decline of marriage?
<quoted text>
Theses same young people who engage in serial monogamy, and have more children out of wedlock than previous generations.
<quoted text>
No man or woman is denied the right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife because of their self professed sexual orientation.
In the state of Illinois, a man can marry a man, a woman can marry a woman, a man can marry a woman. That's called equality.
In the state of North Carolina, a man can not marry a man, a woman can not marry a woman, BUT a man can marry a woman. That is called discrimination. Husband and Husband, Wife and Wife are legally recognized marriages in many of the States in America, as well as many countries across the globe. With in the next few years every state in America
Marriage is not a requirement in procreation, you don't have to be married to have children,
8 posts removed

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#58642 Aug 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the bible tells him to.
1 Peter 4:15
Pietro Armando could care less about what the Bible has to say about anything other than homosexuality. After he reads 1 Peter 4:15 he gives God the finger and tells Jesus to go screw himself.

Have you noticed all the spam the trolls are flooding this thread with? Do they actually think anyone reads it?
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#58645 Aug 14, 2014
KiMerde wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to do a little Bible research. All of the things I've mentioned are in the Bible, Greg.
Did you notice that 7-11 said, "Authorized Holy Bible"? Well who the hell authorizes a Bible?

I have the M.A.R.Y. version of the Bible and it says right on the front cover that it is the ONLY version where the Holy Spirit entered into the translators and guided them to translate it exactly the way that God wants his message to mankind to be. The KJV 1611 doesn't say anything even remotely close to that on its cover. The 1611 is just another poorly translated mishmash of nonsense that contradicts other versions.

And the MARY does not have anything anti-gay in it at all. Indeed it could be called a celebration of homosexuality, perhaps even the gay Bible.
3 posts removed

Location hidden

#58649 Aug 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are tribal animals. Human children are uniquely dangerous and resource intensive to raise. A tribe with a certain percentage of members who don't end up reproducing has an advantage.
That certainly could be a great advantage. I occasionally mention my grandfather and my two grandmothers. Two grandmothers has twice the advantage of one. When I would invite my friends to attend family functions with me and they saw how helpful everyone was of one another I would often hear comments like, "I wish I had two grandma's".

My kids certainly saw my gay cousin as an advantage. When they couldn't get something out of me they would go ask him to talk to me on their behalf. If they needed a ride into town and I wasn't available they would ask him. He was always available and willing to help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Notliz 1,417,132
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Yeah 393,370
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min Terra Firma 15,668
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Chicagoan by Birth 239,579
News Pence to Clinton: "Come clean about Clinton Fou... 13 min SirPrize 3
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 15 min Chicagoan by Birth 7,346
News Deaf shooting 16 min SirPrize 2
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 57 min Ronald 233
More from around the web