Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman. Read more

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#55887 Jul 18, 2014

Atheists and agnostics are smarter than Catholics and Christians.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#55888 Jul 18, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares about the judge it's?,
Who the heck are they? Not
anyone in your life...It's just Topix!
I am just saying that they are funny because they are so obviously biased and based on the poster instead of the posts as they were intended. For example I posted "there have been many great gay men", and I got 42 negative judge-its from the rainbow peanut gallery for that. It's funny.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#55889 Jul 18, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny video....but remember those Americans are on the left coast...with all the sunshine and beaches...do they have time for remembering American history? Crazy Californians.
You want idiots on the East coast?

Watch as Christian idiots compete to see who can embarrass themselves the most in 2013.

1 post removed

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#55891 Jul 18, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean sexual orientation? Of course there is justification.
"Why is there justification for sexual identities, for separating men and women, based on their sexual behaviors?"

No, sexual behavior. Why create an identity on that? All sorts of identities, could be created. What makes a same sex sexual behavior based identity, more or less necessary than an identity based on other sexual behaviors?
Sexual identity is based upon innate traits.
It's not solely based in that.
Because same sex people committed relationships and families.
Ohhhhhhhhh....Kay......anddddd d?
Is there any legitimate legal justification to discriminate against such families?
That depends, on what constitutes "discrimination". If not designating the relationship of adults in a same sex relationship, "marriage", simply because they are raising children, constitutes "discrimination", then denying adults in a plural marriage family the designation "marriage", would also constitute "discrimination", as well. Siblings?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#55892 Jul 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good answer. UncleSam is struggling, grasping for straws, trying to prove that what his mommy told him about the existence of God is true. He has no proof of course but that won't stop him form presenting his dog and pony shows so he can pretend he has some proof.
He is way too dishonest to ever admit that he has no proof and that the reason he has no proof is because there is none, because there is no such thing as God.
If such a magical being actually existed it would make it presence known to us all and end the discussion.
In my experience religious people have their own definition of "proof". We are using the scientific definition but for religious people proofs are always connected with emotional feelings. They observe the beauty of the nature, they are full of emotions and they say "Look open your eyes. Do you see how perfect everthing is? This had to be created by a conscious being"
Indeed the nature is beautiful and amazing but these emotional feelings don't have anything to do with proofs.

I hope you understand what I mean. I am not in practice to talk about these themes in English.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#55893 Jul 18, 2014
Moreover, they see themselves as part of a growing trend of folks who do not view monogamy as any type of ideal.“There’s this huge group of younger people that are involved in these things,” says Ryan – an observation that seemed borne out of a monthly event called “Poly Cocktails,” held at an upstairs bar on the Lower East Side a few weeks later, in which one would have been hard-pressed to realize that this wasn’t your run-of-the-mill mixer (a guy who’d wandered in accidentally must have eventually figured it out; he was later seen by the bar grinning widely as he chatted up two women).

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/millennia ...
Follow us:@rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55894 Jul 18, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about what God requires not the state. To receive the sacrament of Holy Matrimony a civil license is not required by God. The Catholic Church will obey the law of the land as long as it does not go against the will of God. Since a civil "marriage" license did not violate God's law the Catholic Church was free to participate in the state program. However, now that the states are changing the meaning of a civil "marriage" the Catholic Church, Christian churches, should out of conscious object to participating in the programs when scandal may occur.
Your biggest problem is proving God exists.

Can you do that, using readily verifiable, tangible, non-ontological evidence?
1 post removed

Location hidden

#55896 Jul 18, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why is there justification for sexual identities, for separating men and women, based on their sexual behaviors?"
No, sexual behavior. Why create an identity on that? All sorts of identities, could be created. What makes a same sex sexual behavior based identity, more or less necessary than an identity based on other sexual behaviors?
<quoted text>
It's not solely based in that.
<quoted text>
Ohhhhhhhhh....Kay......anddddd d?
<quoted text>
That depends, on what constitutes "discrimination". If not designating the relationship of adults in a same sex relationship, "marriage", simply because they are raising children, constitutes "discrimination", then denying adults in a plural marriage family the designation "marriage", would also constitute "discrimination", as well. Siblings?
Hung up on creation much?

Those things are states of being. Creation is irrelevant to the fact.
2 posts removed
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#55899 Jul 18, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh....Tony...no one voted on anyone's right...the vote was in the definition of marriage in a particular state. Your right to marry, as a man, was the same as any other man, both before the vote as it was after. You could enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, or in states that voted for SSM, you could enter that as well. There was no preexisting right to marry someone of the same sex, anymore than there was a preexisting right to marry a sibling, or more than one person of the opposite sex.
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with race.
<quoted text>
Time will tell.
Time will tell? Hmmmm......... try plotting a graph that depicts the number of States allowing SSM. Is it increasing or decreasing?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#55900 Jul 18, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hung up on creation much?
Those things are states of being. Creation is irrelevant to the fact.
Huh? Uhhhhhh......Wastey....are u responding to my post or someone else?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#55901 Jul 18, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to quantum wave function theory God sustains the universe by His conscious will.
hahahahahaha
ahhaahhaahahha
ahhaahhahaha

The Universe was around long before your god.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#55902 Jul 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You want idiots on the East coast?
Watch as Christian idiots compete to see who can embarrass themselves the most in 2013.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7Nx1y6ACscMXX
Nice try Rev....but let's see the east coast version of the same man/woman on the street answers to the 4th of July question.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#55903 Jul 18, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Uhhhhhh......Wastey....are u responding to my post or someone else?
Forget it. You wouldn't understand.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#55904 Jul 18, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget it. You wouldn't understand.
Must b rainbow rhetoric. Feel free to respond to my post.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#55905 Jul 18, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Must b rainbow rhetoric. Feel free to respond to my post.
I already did. You failed to grasp the point.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#55906 Jul 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there are many great gay men. That wasn't what I was getting at. My point flew right over your headin your zeal to insult me. A gay man saved my life.
I have been pigeonholed ENEMY OF THE GAY! because of gay stupidity here. Knee jerk stupidity. So whatever I say is wrong. Gay good Frankie Bad.
Ah good times! I like it.
There was no attempt to insult you, with (or without) zeal.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#55907 Jul 18, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy, or Greek from the isle of Lesbos?
<quoted text>
Rainbow sprinkles on every table.....sparkle!
Too cliche', Petey. We do much better than a few lousy rainbow sprinkles.
I've played weddings where the priest was gay, the organist was gay, the photographer was gay, the wedding planner was gay, the cake baker was gay........

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#55908 Jul 18, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did. You failed to grasp the point.
You invoked creation....the relevance?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#55910 Jul 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>I am just saying that they are funny because they are so obviously biased and based on the poster instead of the posts as they were intended. For example I posted "there have been many great gay men", and I got 42 negative judge-its from the rainbow peanut gallery for that. It's funny.
You are right,for their amusement
and ours,sssshhhhhh!! Don't tell
em we don't give two shits LOL!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
2 posts removed

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#55913 Jul 18, 2014
https://m.youtube.com/watch...
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Too cliche', Petey. We do much better than a few lousy rainbow sprinkles.
I've played weddings where the priest was gay, the organist was gay, the photographer was gay, the wedding planner was gay, the cake baker was gay........
Everybody gay mon.....the little dog too. I bet you had a gay ole time!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min red and right 320,402
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min positronium 1,206,368
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min dirtclod 154,701
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Limbertwig 175,732
News Indiana officials look to stem religious object... 9 min Fa-Foxy 23
News Palin: Not my fault McCain lost (Nov '08) 12 min ImmaGetMeSome 827
News Indiana governor supports clarifying religious ... 14 min OId Sailor 11
News Poll: Hillary Clinton still tops in 2016 32 min novus ordo seclorum 212
News Official resigns after insulting Obama, Holder,... 1 hr kuda 141
More from around the web