Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman. Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#55865 Jul 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZFMa_kAANGEXX
Crazy German Water Park
Hey Rev. I got 42 negative judge-its on another thread for posting "There have been many great gay men".

Ah good times. Crazy. That's why I like these silly jackasses.
1 post removed

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#55867 Jul 18, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
At this time science can not explain the quantum wave function collapse. As of now it appears that it takes a conscious observer to cause this collapse. Now what conscious mind was present at the time of the Big Ban? Biological life as Biocentrism proposes or is it God? My bet is on God!
If beings capable of being conscious, or becoming conscious arose on the surface of the planet earth, it is only proof of conscious beings in this biosphere. It does not prove that your invented God put them here and made them conscious.

Biological life is proof only of biological life and is NOT proof that some invisible sky fairy exists and created biological life.

Where did God come from? What created God? If the Universe needs a creator why doesn't God? If God has always existed why can't the Universe have always existed? What we call the Big Bang was the Universe rearranging itself, all according to the laws of physics and not something from nothing as is falsely believed.

Why do you need a God? What does it do all day long except talk to bigots about where not to stick their dicks?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55868 Jul 18, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok but I am not sure with this sentence "I ask only that you read what follows in line with James' teaching that Christians should be "open to reason" (James 3:17 RSV) and Isaiah's belief that we should "reason together" (Isa. 1:18) to see just a few of the Book's many shortcomings."
Here is the translation:
"2. Warum werden wir für Adams Sünden bestraft? Schließlich aß er die Frucht und wir nicht. Es ist also sein Problem und nicht unseres, insbesondere gemäß Deut 24:16, wonach Söhne nicht für die Sünden ihrer Väter bestraft werden sollen.
3. Gott erschuf Adam, also musste er perfekt sein. Wie konnte er dann gesündigt haben? Ungeachtet davon wie viel Freiheit er hatte, war er nicht perfekt, wenn er sich dazu entschied zu sündigen.
4. Wie sind Num. 23:19 wonach God nichts bereut und Ex. 32:14, wonach er wirklich etwas bereut, miteinander vereinbar?
5. Wie kann 2 Kings 8:26, wonach Ahaziah im Alter von 22 Jahren anfing zu herrschen, mit 2 Chron. 22:2, wonach er dies erst mit 42 tat, vereinbart werden?
6. Wie ist Ex. 33:20, wonach niemand Gottes Gesicht und leben sehen kann, mit Gen 32:30 wonach ein Mann Gottes Gesicht und sein Leben sah, vereinbar?
7. In Rom. 3:23 steht "alle haben gesündigt". Alle bedeutet alle. Dennoch ist nach Gen 6:9 Noah nur ein Mann und perfekt in seiner Generation. Nach Job 1:1 & 1:8 war Job perfekt. We konnten diese Männer perfekt sein, wenn alle gesündigt haben?
8. Wie konnte Moses die ersten fünf Bücher der Bibel (die Pentateuch) geschrieben haben, wenn sein eigener Tod und seine eigene Beerdigung in Deut. 34:5-6 ("Also starb Moses der Untergebene des Herren dort in diesem Land von Moab ... und er beerdigte ihn in einem Tal ...") beschrieben sind.
9. Hatte Solomon 40.000 (1 Kings 4:26) oder 4.000 (2 Chron. 9:25) Boxen für seine Pferde? Beinhaltete Salomons Haus 2.000 (1 Kings 7:26) oder 3.000 (2 Chron. 4:5) Bäder?
WOW! Thanks! This will be very helpful. If you can translate all 22 questions I have another 20 about Jesus, if you could be so generous.

Don't worry about the part you could not figure out, it is just asking people to be open minded as the Bible tells them to be. Biblicsts are very closed minded when it comes to seeing that they Bible is a hoax and a fraud. Thank you again. I'll send a link to the finished product.
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#55869 Jul 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your problems that you need to see. God never said anything because God does not exist.
But since we are quoting the Bible [AKA God] let me quote the asshole: "Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3).
Why does God go around smearing shit on people's faces?
And if there are "over a billion brains now" that is only proof of a billion brains and not proof for the existence of God.
Where did God come from, what or who created God?
Duh, God is not created.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55870 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Ok but I am not sure with this sentence "I ask only that you read what follows in line with James' teaching that Christians should be "open to reason" (James 3:17 RSV) and Isaiah's belief that we should "reason together" (Isa. 1:18) to see just a few of the Book's many shortcomings."
We are asking the reader to read the 22 questions that follow, honestly, and to be reasonable when reading them, as the Bible instructs them to do in James 3:17 and Isa 1:18 so they can understand the Bible has many error, mistakes, fallacies and absurdities which destroy its credibility.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55871 Jul 18, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
At this time science can not explain the quantum wave function collapse. As of now it appears that it takes a conscious observer to cause this collapse. Now what conscious mind was present at the time of the Big Ban? Biological life as Biocentrism proposes or is it God? My bet is on God!
"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?"(Amos 3:6).
2 posts removed
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#55874 Jul 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If beings capable of being conscious, or becoming conscious arose on the surface of the planet earth, it is only proof of conscious beings in this biosphere. It does not prove that your invented God put them here and made them conscious.
Biological life is proof only of biological life and is NOT proof that some invisible sky fairy exists and created biological life.
Where did God come from? What created God? If the Universe needs a creator why doesn't God? If God has always existed why can't the Universe have always existed? What we call the Big Bang was the Universe rearranging itself, all according to the laws of physics and not something from nothing as is falsely believed.
Why do you need a God? What does it do all day long except talk to bigots about where not to stick their dicks?
According to quantum wave function theory God sustains the universe by His conscious will.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#55875 Jul 18, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can google it for yourself.
Yes, Rose_NoHo is lazy. Always giving orders too, as if she's the boss chicken in this coop. Cluck! Cluck!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#55876 Jul 18, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
As are children with Down Syndrome.
And the Frankie. He broke the mold after he made me. Said "Let there be Frankie". and there was Frankie. Ah good times.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55877 Jul 18, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
I should qualify that you are an "atheist" fundie.
I fight fire with fire.

This expression metaphorically means to respond to a situation or threat in kind - for example, if they are going to fight dirty so will we, or if that company is going to slander us in their ads, we will do the same. It means to use the same weapons, techniques or strategies used by your opponent, competition or foe.It also has a literal meaning. In fighting forest fires, fire itself is often used to stop the renegade fire from spreading. This is done by burning a wide section of forest or field ahead of the fire, so that when it reaches that point it will have nothing to burn and will fizzle out.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55878 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Don't take the 'conscious observer' too serious. An observer in physics is a thing that is able to influence other things with interaction. For example a photon. A simple photon can cause a collapse.
Besides scientists already can explain the collapse. It is called decoherence.
Good answer. UncleSam is struggling, grasping for straws, trying to prove that what his mommy told him about the existence of God is true. He has no proof of course but that won't stop him form presenting his dog and pony shows so he can pretend he has some proof.

He is way too dishonest to ever admit that he has no proof and that the reason he has no proof is because there is none, because there is no such thing as God.

If such a magical being actually existed it would make it presence known to us all and end the discussion.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55879 Jul 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rev. I got 42 negative judge-its on another thread for posting "There have been many great gay men".
Ah good times. Crazy. That's why I like these silly jackasses.
There is no rhyme or reason to the judge-its. Clearly they are a tool certain people use against certain people and not what they post.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55880 Jul 18, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, God is not created.
Where did God come from? How did God come to exist?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#55881 Jul 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>I do not understand why I got a dozen negative judge-its for saying how wonderful it would be for America to have a Native American for President, especially someone who did so much to help the poor and unfortunate people of the world, not through stealing money from others and throwing it at them, but by teaching them how to be self sufficient. How to be independent. How to cherish freedom and liberty. He would have made an excellent President of the United States. I am happy to say that I attended a fundraiser in Marin County for him back in the day.
Who cares about the judge it's?,
Who the heck are they? Not
anyone in your life...It's just Topix!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55882 Jul 18, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to quantum wave function theory God sustains the universe by His conscious will.
The Universe sustains itself through the laws of reciprocal maintenance. The Universe evolves and it devolves, both at the same time, this is all done with out the participation or existence of your imaginary sky fairy.

You want this God of yours to exist because you refuse to take charge of and be responsible for your own life. You have such low self esteem that you need some imaginary authority to say "God says...." about so as to make it appear that you know something and that you are something other than a self loathing homosexual.
2 posts removed

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#55885 Jul 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have made several different assertions so I am not sure what Frankie and Caligirl are proving to you, "all the time."
I speak only for myself and in America we have every kind of person imaginable. You can't group us all together into one identical kind of collective and make any sense.
My cousin is gay and I am straight. I support gay rights and gay equality, but close to half the population does not. I am white but close to half the population is not. Financially I am quite secure yet many Americans are struggling working several low wage jobs or they are freeloading on welfare and other social services. I am neither a republican nor a democrat and half the population is one or the other, not that there is much difference between the two.
Our government is harming the American people as much as it is harming people in other parts of the world. Government is the problem.
If you want to see how really stupid American's are watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SRkFDcX_72cXX
Americans Don't Know WHY We Celebrate the 4th of July or WHAT COUNTRY We Declared Independence From!
Funny video....but remember those Americans are on the left coast...with all the sunshine and beaches...do they have time for remembering American history? Crazy Californians.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55886 Jul 18, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are right. I do not care about them in that it changes how or what I post, it is just amazing to me the things people take the time, and it does take time to use them, to make someone else feel bad.

Here are a bunch of Topix users being interviewed on the street:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55887 Jul 18, 2014

Atheists and agnostics are smarter than Catholics and Christians.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#55888 Jul 18, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just saying that they are funny because they are so obviously biased and based on the poster instead of the posts as they were intended. For example I posted "there have been many great gay men", and I got 42 negative judge-its from the rainbow peanut gallery for that. It's funny.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55889 Jul 18, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny video....but remember those Americans are on the left coast...with all the sunshine and beaches...do they have time for remembering American history? Crazy Californians.
You want idiots on the East coast?

Watch as Christian idiots compete to see who can embarrass themselves the most in 2013.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min SobieskiSavedEurope 131,814
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Portlandia 1,153,048
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min NTRPRNR1 292,916
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 7 min red and right 580
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? 8 min Shane Needs You baby 1,919
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 8 min WasteWater 434
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 15 min Marauder 12,055
Elizabeth Warren was told to stay quiet, but sh... 40 min foster 142
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 242
More from around the web