Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61385 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54240 Jul 8, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> You may be rite. Them libral judjes mite make it legit in all 50 states. That do not meen that the people thank that it is rite. I nose that you thanks that the majority of peepel thank that a man marrying a man is a peach. You is whiseling past the grave yard. You talks about poles. You can word a pole so that you gots what you wants. Git this them libral judge is overturning votes of the people in some states like California and laws maid by state legislatures in some other states. That tells me moore than eny of your so called poles. You calls everbody what don't agree with homeysaxals marrying each other a bigot. I calls them normal and smart.
That'd be Old SniffsButts Billy (aka $3 Bill). Been trolling these threads for years. Lots of laughs.
He considers gay good, straight bad, even though he's straight ~rolling eyes~

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
4 posts removed
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54245 Jul 8, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and you are missing the point Cali.
Did you hear the one about the gay Marine?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#54246 Jul 8, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>Cali, you are beginning to sound like a racist!
And you don't? Lol! Just can't stand
Germany or it's Anti American BS!

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#54247 Jul 8, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and you are missing the point Cali.
What's the point?
The Doo Dah Parade is just as brazen!
Have some fun,loosen up!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54248 Jul 8, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it does, Frankie follows me like a puppy. Say how goes the Penguin watching? Many flying in your area?
This from someone so obsessed with me that your avatar is designed with my name in it.

Penguins can't fly you big dope! What a dummy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54249 Jul 8, 2014
Poof thinks penguins fly! Too funny.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#54250 Jul 8, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep dreaming.
That is issue will be decided by the Supreme Court? The Feds will start issuing marriage licenses? The states all still maintain the authority to define marriage? Which dream are you referring to?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#54251 Jul 8, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That is issue will be decided by the Supreme Court? The Feds will start issuing marriage licenses? The states all still maintain the authority to define marriage? Which dream are you referring to?
Please stop whining. There is no valid argument against SSM.

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#54252 Jul 8, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
20 states have, maybe one more this week, Dont that make you happy buttercup? BTW look into DOMA, SCOUTS spoke loud and clear

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#54253 Jul 8, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol --- don't be a follower like the rest of the morons, just keep rizzo in check, that is all you have to do!
Don't you worry your pretty little head, Rizzo has already defined himself as a troll.

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#54254 Jul 8, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the point?
The Doo Dah Parade is just as brazen!
Have some fun,loosen up!
Bruno refuses to acknowledge the Madri Gras parade.

https://www.google.com/search...
Isiah

New York, NY

#54255 Jul 8, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Great observation if read carefully.
Natural law, or the law of nature (Latin: lex naturalis), is a system of law that is determined by nature, and so is universal.[1]
1 Jump up to: a b c d e Strauss, Leo (1968). "Natural Law". International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences. Macmillan.
Objections to Theory
There are two main objections to Natural Law Theory, both raised during the Enlightenment period (17th and 18thcenturies). The first, advanced by Scottish philosopher David Hume (1711-1776), is that Natural Law Theory conflates that which is the case with that which ought to be the case. One cannot, as Hume pointed out, logically derive a moral imperative or value judgment simply by observing facts of nature. Natural Law theorists often argue, for example, that because God’s laws (and laws of nature in this case) dictate the purpose of sexual intercourse is reproduction, it is unnatural and thus, immoral to have sex for any other purpose. The fallaciousness of this reasoning is especially obvious when we consider natural tendencies which, are seemingly irreconcilable with ethical behavior. For example, if one concedes that it is natural for human beings to care for themselves before strangers, then one must also accept that this ought to be the case (Rachels, 2007: 60-61).
The second argument against Natural Law Theory is the theory’s assumption that moral principles are written in the laws of nature (or by God). Modern science contradicts this assumption. The scientific perspective sees only cause and effect in the natural world; morals and values, it claims, are inventions of the human mind. From this worldview, the continued use of Natural Law Theory in the Catholic Church (where it is most prominent) is a holdover from Medieval thought (Rachels, 2007: 61).
Natural Law Theory Today
Due to these arguments against it, Natural Law Theory plays virtually no role in contemporary secular moral discourse (Rachels, 2007: 60). However, devout Christians number in the hundreds of millions in the world today and the Protestant and Catholic Churches are significant players in almost every country’s moral discourse. Thus, knowledge of Natural Law Theory is necessary to engage with and understand the traditional Christian position.
http://sevenpillarsinstitute.org/morality-101...
Your point is?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54256 Jul 8, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you worry your pretty little head, Rizzo has already defined himself as a troll.
Pssst. Penguins can't fly dummy. And you don't have a valid argument. I do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54257 Jul 8, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>20 states have, maybe one more this week, Dont that make you happy buttercup? BTW look into DOMA, SCOUTS spoke loud and clear
Buttercup, eh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#54258 Jul 8, 2014
Isiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point is?
The point being "natural law" is meaningless drivel which has no place in a court of law.
1 post removed
Raju

New York, NY

#54260 Jul 8, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The point being "natural law" is meaningless drivel which has no place in a court of law.
YOU REMIND OF SOMEONE

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#54261 Jul 8, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst. Penguins can't fly dummy. And you don't have a valid argument. I do.
Your argument is that penguins cant fly. UMMM ok putz, WTF do you ever sober up?
Raju

New York, NY

#54262 Jul 8, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument is that penguins cant fly. UMMM ok putz, WTF do you ever sober up?
Roosters cannot lay eggs . You starting to catch on?

Poof cannot get a erection. Now you got it dweeb?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#54263 Jul 8, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Big talk for a younger man behind a computer screen. Most things in this world are a question of time. It's the slightly cliche question about how to stop a killer asteroid. The key is to apply the force that you have as soon as you are able to apply it effectively. Waiting until disaster is immanent is certain death. At least an early effort provides the people with the reason for a second and more compelling effort.
You really ARE just a linear thinker. Alternatives just aren't part of your nature. Expending energy in an immediate effort to find your way to the next moment is all you have and all you ever will have.
The reason here is simple to me. You are the being of lesser self-awareness who overcompensates to maintain credibility in a world where he does not fit in. That is why your politics will fail. It's a people without vision and without organization.
The conservatives lack vision as well, but they have organization. Tick tock!
Comparing gay marriage to a killer asteroid is just about the stupidest analogy I've ever heard.

Good luck with your "second" effort. It will fail as miserably as the first.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#54264 Jul 8, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
So is your hausfrau.
And yes it is really ugly because it won't have 50 stars until all 50 states legally recognize same sex marriages.
Do you know the meaning of the word 'Hausfrau' at all? It doesn't make sense in this context.
At least you admit that your flag is ugly. No flag is as beauty as the German one.

Btw we humiliated Brazil. We have won 7:1.

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand –
Blüh im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, deutsches Vaterland!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min NotSoDivineMsM 261,635
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min leosnana 1,508,031
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 7 min Spotted Girl 53
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 11 min Truth 25,218
News Thousands support and protest Trump rally in Na... 13 min Raymond for Pence... 83
News DoJ hands over information about Trump's wireta... 15 min Chilli J 133
News 'This is a bizarre situation': John McCain says... 15 min He Did That 17
News Young Americans: Most see Trump as illegitimate... 17 min jonjedi 595
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 41 min Trump your President 7,352
News Comey: FBI probing links between Russia, Trump ... 53 min Drumpf steam engine 213
More from around the web