Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61362 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#54209 Jul 8, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> Remands me of a long time ago a boy went to the state fare. He seed a humbean baby in a big jar. The baby had wool all over it. He tells his high agriculture class about it and the teacher tells the class that sometimes a humbean can cross with a sheep if he has sex with hit. Them boys is scared to death at lambing time. I wonders which is best. Doing it with a sheep or sticking it up a feller's butt?
Nice story, Greg.
Isiah

New York, NY

#54210 Jul 8, 2014
The idea that gay marriage is wrong because gay couples are somehow unnatural is not often stated openly, but this premise influences other arguments and lies behind many people’s negative opinions about homosexuality in general. For most people, heterosexual relationships are the norm, both in society and in nature. Homosexual relationships are thus abnormal and unnatural; therefore, they shouldn't be validated by the state nor recognized as a form of marriage.
Such arguments are superficially effective because they try to harness the power of apparently neutral and objective categories like “nature” and “natural” in support of one’s position. In this manner a person can try to slough off accusations of bigotry and intolerance because, after all, it’s just a matter of factual observation as to what is and is not a proper part of the natural order and/or what is mandated by natural law. It’s no more bigoted or intolerant than observing the dropped objects fall down rather than up, or that bears mate with other bears rather than with deer. In reality, however, claims about the natural order or natural law only end up being masks for religious, political, or social prejudices — including those that rise to level of bigotry. The philosophical veneer might at times be impressive, but we must not fail to look beneath the surface in order to understand what the real ideas and arguments are. One means for doing that is to ask the not-so-easy question of just what is meant by “natural” and “unnatural.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#54211 Jul 8, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think of frankie rizzo all the time. Does that tell you anything?
Yes it does, Frankie follows me like a puppy. Say how goes the Penguin watching? Many flying in your area?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#54212 Jul 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep waiting, but all I ever see is mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gender halves of marriage!
Damn that's disappointing, isn't it?
Smile.
Not at all, because you don't matter.

GRIN.
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#54213 Jul 8, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to think about anal sex with men all the time. Does that tell you anything?
My story had nothing to do with putting a pecker in a butt. You needs to learn to reed. I relly don't thank of it unless I is writing about what gays like you dose all the time to another feller. You gays don't like to talk about what makes you a gay, and humping another feller is it. How can we normals rite about gays unless we talks about the sucking and butting. You dig?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Isiah

New York, NY

#54214 Jul 8, 2014
A common and simplistic meaning is that heterosexual relationships are “natural” because that is what we find in nature, whereas we don’t find homosexual relationships. The latter are therefore unnatural and should not be validated by society. A perfect example of this attitude towards the “unnaturalness” of homosexuality was expressed by Peter Akinola, Anglican Archbishop of Nigeria:

I cannot think of how a man in his senses would be having a sexual relationship with another man. Even in the world of animals — dogs, cows, lions — we don’t hear of such things.
There are many possible objections to this. First, humans are obviously a part of nature, so if humans have homosexual relationships, is that not therefore a part of nature? Second, we don’t find dogs, cows, and lions entering into legal marriage contracts with one another — does that mean that legal marriage as an institution is “unnatural” and should be eliminated?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Raju

New York, NY

#54215 Jul 8, 2014
Poof Tony you boyz stop your bitching and go out side and play with your dollys.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#54216 Jul 8, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice story, Greg.
Who is this feller greg? Enyway I thought the story was funny too. I reckon in them days country boys did not get out vary much and when them harmones hits they got to looking at sheep. So they wood grab one and stick her hind legs down in their gum boots and have at it. When that thar teacher told them that there could be a sheep child, it scared them. So they maid sure that there were in the barn come lambing time. Maybe they don that and maybe they didn't, but I bet none of them country boys ever tried to grab a big old buck sheep? Well maybe sheepie don it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#54217 Jul 8, 2014
Scorpio wrote:
there is no kind of right or freedom to marry. If there was than anyone can get married to any thing.
Only if you are stupid.

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#54218 Jul 8, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> My story had nothing to do with putting a pecker in a butt. You needs to learn to reed. I relly don't thank of it unless I is writing about what gays like you dose all the time to another feller. You gays don't like to talk about what makes you a gay, and humping another feller is it. How can we normals rite about gays unless we talks about the sucking and butting. You dig?
this is your post.

Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> Remands me of a long time ago a boy went to the state fare. He seed a humbean baby in a big jar. The baby had wool all over it. He tells his high agriculture class about it and the teacher tells the class that sometimes a humbean can cross with a sheep if he has sex with hit. Them boys is scared to death at lambing time. I wonders which is best. Doing it with a sheep or sticking it up a feller's butt?

You did post about anal sex, you seem to think about anal sex a lot. Why do you think so much about anal sex with men?

Do the teachers in your area lie all the time, or is it just you?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#54219 Jul 8, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I used to drink. I still do, but I used to too. But I don't drink anymore. Or less. About the same.
Ah good times!
I do. You can tell because I'm not a born again christian ranting against gay marriage.
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#54220 Jul 8, 2014
Isiah wrote:
A common and simplistic meaning is that heterosexual relationships are “natural” because that is what we find in nature, whereas we don’t find homosexual relationships. The latter are therefore unnatural and should not be validated by society. A perfect example of this attitude towards the “unnaturalness” of homosexuality was expressed by Peter Akinola, Anglican Archbishop of Nigeria:
I cannot think of how a man in his senses would be having a sexual relationship with another man. Even in the world of animals — dogs, cows, lions — we don’t hear of such things.
There are many possible objections to this. First, humans are obviously a part of nature, so if humans have homosexual relationships, is that not therefore a part of nature? Second, we don’t find dogs, cows, and lions entering into legal marriage contracts with one another — does that mean that legal marriage as an institution is “unnatural” and should be eliminated?
Isiah, you don hit on something that I have writ about a couple of times. I ain't never seed two buck sheeps going at it. A couple of dogs mite be friends but I don never seed one of them putting it in the butt of another boy dogs. Huminbeans what dose it is going again nature. The push for marriage between two mens or two womans ain't nothing but them homeysaxuels trying to convance us normals that they is like us. They ain't normal and what they dose ain't normal. You rites the truth, but expect for them to gang up on you. Homeysexuals dose that don't you no. Homeysaxusal is like a big circle each one saying the same thang.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rose No-H0

New York, NY

#54221 Jul 8, 2014
When you got to go ... you got to go

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54222 Jul 8, 2014
Bill Braske wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but the Supreme court has in fact confirmed that marriage is a right on more than just one occasion,so you are wrong. And perhaps you could please tell me what H.I.V. has to do with the subject at hand,marriage equality for all Americans ? You do realize that H.I.V. is no longer a death sentence right ? And that they now have anti-viral's that allow any person who is H.I.V. positive to for the most part lead normal lives right ? Looks to me all you have is a hatred and unfounded bigotry towards gay's and nothing else. Weak,very weak on your part,care to try again and this time try not to tell so many outright lie's !
Aw shuddup $3 Bill you silly jackass!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54223 Jul 8, 2014
Bill Braske wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen some of your posts on other threads now and my question to you is,do you ever post anything on topic or are your posts always off topic and have nothing to do with the topic at hand like this post ? Are you for marriage equality for all Americans or not ? Perhaps you could clear that up for us all ? Thanks,and I look forward to your off topic spam,spam,spam..
That's nice. We look forward to your spam, spam, spam too $3 Bill!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#54224 Jul 8, 2014
Bill Braske wrote:
<quoted text>
No the topic is about marriage equality ! Maybe you're not aware that the majority of our population now support marriage equality in all of the recent major national polls ! Also just 8 years ago there weren't any states where it was legal and now there are 20 states where it is ! How about Germany,when are you guys going to actually make marriage between gays fully legal ? As it is now it isn't in your country. Try not to be so judgmental about our country because you'd be wrong ! Not to mention in the next couple of years when the Supreme court takes up the question odds are it will become the law in all 50 states ! Can you say the same ? Mellow out and don't be so harsh,were not all as bad as the vile bigots you see on this thread !
You may be rite. Them libral judjes mite make it legit in all 50 states. That do not meen that the people thank that it is rite. I nose that you thanks that the majority of peepel thank that a man marrying a man is a peach. You is whiseling past the grave yard. You talks about poles. You can word a pole so that you gots what you wants. Git this them libral judge is overturning votes of the people in some states like California and laws maid by state legislatures in some other states. That tells me moore than eny of your so called poles. You calls everbody what don't agree with homeysaxals marrying each other a bigot. I calls them normal and smart.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#54225 Jul 8, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>this is your post.
Nine Ball wrote:
You did post about anal sex, you seem to think about anal sex a lot. Why do you think so much about anal sex with men?
Do the teachers in your area lie all the time, or is it just you?
I guess teechers ever whare mite tease their students some.That what he done in the story. Course it is jest a story ment for a funny. I rites about butts a lot because this is a thread bout a man marrying a man. That is what them gay feller dose. They don got three thangs they can do. One with the hand, one with the mouth and one with the butt. They is wanting everbody to thank that they is jest like ever other married couple. If you wants to question them you gotta point out what they dose. You gotta point out that man is an animal and they is the only animal what does the butt and mouth thang with another boy animal. Has you ever seed two boar hogs trying to play with each other's peckers?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#54226 Jul 8, 2014
HMT 123 wrote:
Ryan
Fort Collins, CO
I think what homosexual couples are fighting for is less about the legal right to marry and more about social equality. There IS a gay lifestyle; it's the stereotypical flamboyance, flashiness, and feminization of the typical male role. Is this representative of all gay men? Absolutely not. But it does falsely represent all gay men. And at the core of this issue are gay men, media with a suggestive agenda, and gay rights activists themselves. People are irritated by the attention whores who run around at gay pride festivals wearing rainbow tights and butterfly wings. They bump gay society down to a lower social standard by shoving a gaudy and vexacious misrepresentation down the collective throats of conservative Americans. Why are gay couples not treated the same as straight couple? That's why. It's because this stereotype is glorified and people are pissed off about it. You want to know how to get rid of social inequality between gays and straights? Stop talking about it
It's so true, a Good presentation with little fanfare is a reliable bet for success
That's such crap.

1. There is no gay lifestyle.
2. The people who run around in rainbow tights and butterfly wings at pride festivals have bigger balls than the ones who "butch it up" and I defend them always.

If people can't handle effeminate men, that's not our problem. It's their insecurity.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#54227 Jul 8, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:
<quoted text>
your flag is really ugly.
So is your hausfrau.

And yes it is really ugly because it won't have 50 stars until all 50 states legally recognize same sex marriages.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#54228 Jul 8, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> I guess teechers ever whare mite tease their students some.That what he done in the story. Course it is jest a story ment for a funny. I rites about butts a lot because this is a thread bout a man marrying a man. That is what them gay feller dose. They don got three thangs they can do. One with the hand, one with the mouth and one with the butt. They is wanting everbody to thank that they is jest like ever other married couple. If you wants to question them you gotta point out what they dose. You gotta point out that man is an animal and they is the only animal what does the butt and mouth thang with another boy animal. Has you ever seed two boar hogs trying to play with each other's peckers?
Do boar hogs in old Kentuk have thumbs? Why are you obsessed with what others do in their bed room. Tell me buttercup does the application for marriage in Kentuk ask if you have anal sex? Does it ask about or oral sex?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Bonk 72,981
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Radio Flyer 3016 337,206
News White House doctor Ronny Jackson withdraws from... 5 min He Named Me Black... 26
News First protected DREAMer is deported under Trump 5 min ONLYONETERM 50
News Arizona Republican declares victory in tight ra... 7 min commiescomerally 10
News Trump Invites Putin to the U.S., Offers Visit t... 9 min YouDidntBuildThat 129
News Another federal judge rules against Trump move ... 10 min ONLYONETERM 22
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min positronium 1,747,150
News Liberals say immigration enforcement is racist,... 12 min Lawrence Wolf 416
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 20 min Truth 1,620