Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#52325 Jun 22, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
So much stupidity in such a small space, JD.
1. They acquire children. The children are likely to be bullied, commit suicide, quit school, use drugs. Is that fair to the children?
Rose's Law: Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?".
Wondering wrote:
2. Government has an interest in marriage and family. They have no interest in SSM.
As for marriage being "not terribly helpful for society," have someone read this to you. Take notes and ask questions.
http://povertyandpolicy.wordpress.com/2011/02...

What does this have to do with the gay marriage issue?
1 post removed
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#52327 Jun 22, 2014
Cali Girl 2014xt wrote:
<quoted text>
Single? What a surprise!!!
Do you think I was trying to keep it secret? Who do you think is going to stand up and complain? A married person? Is that the only way that a complaint can be considered legitimate?

I still put forth the proposal: Remove ALL government funded perks to married people and THEN and ONLY THEN, let gays marry. We'll see what is and what isn't important to the riff-raff public.

As the saying goes, this is why you can't have nice things. Got it? Good!!!!
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#52328 Jun 22, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law: Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?".
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with the gay marriage issue?
Rose's Law: Fingers up butt don't buy her an ounce of homegrown. Selling out the children might.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Santa Monica, CA

#52329 Jun 22, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point. The state recognizes marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. The man and woman need not be a couple prior to issuance of the marriage license. All men, and all women, are treated the same as it relates to marriage.
But men and women are not treated the same. That violates the 14th Amendment.

Santa Monica, CA

#52330 Jun 22, 2014
Dalton wrote:
WastedWater do you stand or squat when you piss?
Wow, you're really into him! Want him to talk about his member... ;)
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#52331 Jun 22, 2014
Dalton wrote:
<quoted text>
Fushed? Is that tranny lingo for leather daddy?
A truly androgynous person does not seek to change their sex or vicariously act out the role of the opposite sex. They simply choose that which matters to them at the moment and they generally accept their body as it is, because they aren't going to get anything authentic at the hands of a surgeon. Why pretend?

Denying one's genetic nature is a lie. Fighting to be the alpha monkey is rarely worth the gratification of success. In order to truly embrace that way, the truly androgynous must be a maniacal and invincible tyrant. Trying to please the cyclops's of urban selfish existence is the lowest form of subservience. Spending one's life trying to educate those who have not found their own identity is a life of self-imposed torture. They have to want that identity more than they want to fit in.

Who cares in the slightest about the lifestyle of a transsexual? It must be the lowest of the low in terms of self-esteem. Then again, what would the truly androgynous want with "normal" sexuality anyway? Can you really silence your feelings with sexual gratification? No... but our parties think that they serve us with that abomination of our cultural traditions.

Put the lie of political correctness behind us. It's not implicitly wrong to be in the majority. It's not implicitly right to be in the minority. Put it out there, ALL OF IT, for political debate. Stop protecting the war criminals of the aristocracy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#52332 Jun 22, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But men and women are not treated the same. That violates the 14th Amendment.
Rose..HOW are they not treated the same? Don't give us sweeping statements without acceptable evidence.

Is this some kind of prejudiced "woman's intuition" thing? This street goes two ways whether you like it or NOT!

Better yet! Don't complain about the status-quo unless you've thought out a better alternative. Don't wait too long to reply ...and don't pull that dirty stick out of your butt called the 14th Amendment!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#52333 Jun 22, 2014
Dalton wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law
FLUSHED
NEXT
sometime he/she forgets
crack abuse has taken its toll on Rose
btw.... Baweet said to tell you "hay"
Huge Projection

TRY AGAIN

Location hidden

#52334 Jun 22, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
A truly androgynous person does not seek to change their sex or vicariously act out the role of the opposite sex. They simply choose that which matters to them at the moment and they generally accept their body as it is, because they aren't going to get anything authentic at the hands of a surgeon. Why pretend?
Denying one's genetic nature is a lie. Fighting to be the alpha monkey is rarely worth the gratification of success. In order to truly embrace that way, the truly androgynous must be a maniacal and invincible tyrant. Trying to please the cyclops's of urban selfish existence is the lowest form of subservience. Spending one's life trying to educate those who have not found their own identity is a life of self-imposed torture. They have to want that identity more than they want to fit in.
Who cares in the slightest about the lifestyle of a transsexual? It must be the lowest of the low in terms of self-esteem. Then again, what would the truly androgynous want with "normal" sexuality anyway? Can you really silence your feelings with sexual gratification? No... but our parties think that they serve us with that abomination of our cultural traditions.
Put the lie of political correctness behind us. It's not implicitly wrong to be in the majority. It's not implicitly right to be in the minority. Put it out there, ALL OF IT, for political debate. Stop protecting the war criminals of the aristocracy.
You are totally ignorant of gender dysphonia. Think of it this way. Imagine you just woke up in the body of the opposite gender but nothing else changed. You still had all the same feelings and socialization you had before. How would that work out for you?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#52335 Jun 22, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundamental right of marriage is based on marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. It applies to all men, and all women, regardless of self professed sexual identity label. Alter the composition of the marital union by removing the wife or the husband and replacing them with a gendered duplicate, and the marriage no longer exists. It has been replaced by something else.
Oh...... so marriage doesn't exist anymore, eh?
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#52336 Jun 22, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not advocating suicide. I am advocating saying away from gay behavior. It leads to depression, suicide, drug and alcohol abuse, AIDS and many other physical and mental problems in your life. It is very likely if you go gay you will end up like this fellow. BTW most gays are dead before the age of 50 on average.
You're wasting your time. As long as the liberals steer our tax dollars to gays which they'd NEVER get otherwise while defending their mental illness, they'll even perform kamikaze duties for the liberals.(Well, some of them anyway!) For the rank and file gay, they have nothing other than the self-esteem of youthful rebellion, a VERY transient lifestyle choice for a people who can't sink much lower, and while they may learn from walking that path, what they will learn most is that they have wasted their vital years on foolish vanity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 14

Phoenix, AZ

#52337 Jun 22, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
This poster is a secular idiot. Marriage will not exist anymore if the queens are allowed to have a freak show and the Government extends legal rights to marriage. Marriage has been destroyed and it will no longer have definition and meaning.
I'm sorry you don't agree with what I belive and I will not resort to name calling. Why? Because there is no point for such things when I am just stating what I think. On a side note you saying that marriage will no longer have definition and meaning. I don't see how it will lose it because its not like gay people are asking for a religion to allow them to get married they are asking a government who is supposed to see male or female rights as equal then why should it deny someone there rights just because it dosent follow someone's religion.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#52338 Jun 22, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think I was trying to keep it secret? Who do you think is going to stand up and complain? A married person? Is that the only way that a complaint can be considered legitimate?
I still put forth the proposal: Remove ALL government funded perks to married people and THEN and ONLY THEN, let gays marry.!
You are about 10 years too late.

Perhaps a better use of your time would be in building a time machine.
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#52339 Jun 22, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally ignorant of gender dysphonia. Think of it this way. Imagine you just woke up in the body of the opposite gender but nothing else changed. You still had all the same feelings and socialization you had before. How would that work out for you?
That is a physical and psychological impossibility. Genetics predisposes you to act according to your hormonal traits. Years of experience prevents you from simply reprogramming your emotions to something alien. The postponing of sexual maturity prevents you from simply overriding that which has been physically developing over your younger life without the influence of sexual gratification compelling one to make choices that go against their genetic physical being.

Years of troubled upbringing are the only thing that prevents one from simply going along with the genetics of sexuality. One has to really want to reject the roles that have been forced upon them by their communities.

I have no problem with rejecting roles. I do have a problem with lies. Institutionalized homosexuality is a lie.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#52340 Jun 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps someday you'll get a real argument then we can talk.
As it stand my argument is that every adult human being must be free without state, public, religious or other forcible interference to choose the form of their heterosexual, homosexual or sexually mixed family life, provided that it does no harm neither to the directly involved parties or to other people. And your argument is that Frankie is an old POS moron. Get a real one eh Mikey? We won't wait. >>>>crickets chirping<<<<
Provided that it does no harm..........

hmmmmmmmmm..........

Especially when it's much easier to just ignore the evidence. Yeah...... that's scientifically valid! Does the data not substantiate your hypothesis??? Well then, just ignore it! Is that how it works for you?

Location hidden

#52341 Jun 22, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wasting your time. As long as the liberals steer our tax dollars to gays which they'd NEVER get otherwise while defending their mental illness, they'll even perform kamikaze duties for the liberals.(Well, some of them anyway!) For the rank and file gay, they have nothing other than the self-esteem of youthful rebellion, a VERY transient lifestyle choice for a people who can't sink much lower, and while they may learn from walking that path, what they will learn most is that they have wasted their vital years on foolish vanity.
Still whining about liberals and tax dollars?

Irrelevant nonsense.

Time to get a life whiny loser.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#52342 Jun 22, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
and what are your credentials to make such ridiculous statements (and expect them not to be seen for the calumny they really are)??????

Somebody sounds like a bitter old fool.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#52343 Jun 22, 2014
anonymous wrote:
Years of troubled upbringing are the only thing that prevents one from simply going along with the genetics of sexuality. One has to really want to reject the roles that have been forced upon them by their communities.
Years of troubled upbringing? You cannot prove that silliness. Gender identity struggles can begin as early as the ripe old age of 2
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#52344 Jun 22, 2014
Rarau98 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you don't agree with what I belive and I will not resort to name calling. Why? Because there is no point for such things when I am just stating what I think. On a side note you saying that marriage will no longer have definition and meaning. I don't see how it will lose it because its not like gay people are asking for a religion to allow them to get married they are asking a government who is supposed to see male or female rights as equal then why should it deny someone there rights just because it dosent follow someone's religion.
Then get rid of the financial tax breaks of marriage first and redefine all marriages legally as a civil union. Gays get their empty ritual and contractual obligations. Churches get to refuse to perform the rite and the gubbermint does not have to imply that homosexuality is "normal" behavior.

It's all about the money. You're going to keep your silence. You're very happy to increase the tax burden on the minority of single people in order to keep YOUR perks. So is Seven tee. We know what the deal is. Don't bother with your personal brand of mysticism.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#52345 Jun 22, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a physical and psychological impossibility. Genetics predisposes you to act according to your hormonal traits. Years of experience prevents you from simply reprogramming your emotions to something alien. The postponing of sexual maturity prevents you from simply overriding that which has been physically developing over your younger life without the influence of sexual gratification compelling one to make choices that go against their genetic physical being.
I have no problem with rejecting roles. I do have a problem with lies. Institutionalized homosexuality is a lie.
Ignorant nonsense. The brain forms during gestation. You obviously are misinformed. Furthermore, your defensive post proves I am correct. You would not want to wake up in the body of the opposite sex would you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min Lou 25,306
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 119
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Susanm 1,522,876
News White House refuses to hand over documents to F... 28 min Retribution 83
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 28 min ThomasA 313,988
News Warren "troubled" by $400K Obama speech at upco... 33 min countervailing du... 1
News Trump: 'We may terminate' U.S.-South Korea trad... 37 min countervailing du... 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min RussianrepubliCONS 265,364
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 1 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 357
News Americans have rendered their verdict on the fi... 5 hr huntcoyotes 121
More from around the web