Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Comments (Page 2,383)

Showing posts 47,641 - 47,660 of51,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Look at lides attempt to defend R.A.'s affirmation: "People like you need to be rounded up and put into re-education camps." Like two peas in a pod, they act and speak alike.
Gays are prisoners like single people, same sex business associates looking to shield wealth and income from taxes through marriage or bisexuals are second class citizens since they aren't allowed to rewrite marriage laws for everyone without the consent of the governed, either. I advocate the perfect affirmative action, diversity and sex integration of one man and one woman marriage because it helps gays more than it harms them.
Lies is a hell of a lot more like you than he is like me. It is you two who are peas in the same pod. I think we should make it illegal for men and women to marry one another so we can reduce the population. Either that or nuke Mississippi.

And let us let gays decide what helps them more than what harms them. It is NOT your decision. I swear, you and lies both want to control other people and make them obey you. Peas in a pod.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's no law stopping gays from marrying and no state has an orientation test for marriage. A gay and lesbian aren't punished by the law if they marry like any other man and woman. Society has an ideal of sex integration marriage and a compelling interest in sex integrated relationships for the benefit of posterity.
No state punishes gays for religious same sex wedding ceremonies, same sex cohabitation is legal throughout the US and it's perfectly acceptable for gays to ask to be treated as if married, without rewriting marriage law to end the ideal affirmative action of one man and one woman marriage.
The solution is to reform entitlements to prioritize couples raising children without reforming marriage or family. Conservatives want to preserve the definition of marriage for our children.
Your parents divorced.
Conservative icon Rush Limpaugh divorced about 3 times.
Dennis Prager, two.

So, STFU about the "for our children" crap.
You are just a homophobe, and you want to make your bigotry seem noble.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian, you are a bigot, and an idiot, with no valid argument.
Congratulations, you hate the US Constitution, and you wish to create second class citizens of your fellow countrymen. You truly are a hateful bigot.
pot/kettle, I am shocked that you do not see that BrianG is your mirror, lies. Everything you have been saying about him is completely true of you.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing is, the votes for trillions borrowed and spent by an ever expanding government often went to advocating the license of sex segregation marriage too. I'm talking two sides of the same coin, the .
The left wants to weaken marriage and family to make government the primary provider and the right wants to conserve the definition of marriage and strengthen marriage and family to weaken the grip of government; this is where we differ. Crushing idols is sport for the left. Cherishing freedom and toleration to live by our moral principles in word and deed is more conservative, a right wing view..
Bull, live by your moral principles, just keep them to yourselves.
Freedom, my ass! You con dumbs want government telling us who we can bang, and which positions we can use while doing that, and which drugs we can take.

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
If men and women are allowed to marry each other, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, then they are treated equally under law, and equivalent as well.
No they aren't because gays are discriminated against on the basis of their sexual orientation because marrying someone of the opposite sex isn't congruent with their sexual orientation.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Sexual orientation is irrelevant
In you dreams, perhaps, but not under the law.
Pietro Armando wrote:
the state does not require a statement of orientation prior to issuance of a marriage license.
The state doesn't require DNA testing to prove one is male or female either. IT doesn't change the fact sexual orientation can and is the basis for discrimination in our society and thus can be the basis for equal protection legal claims as well.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Actually it's not only constitutional
Guess you've had your head in the sand the past year, eh stupid Peter?
Pietro Armando wrote:
but based on the historical, cultural, social, legal, sexual, and/or religious understanding of marriage as a conjugal union of husband and wife.
Historicity of a practice isn't constitutionally permissible justification for discrimination.
Pietro Armando wrote:
I advocate for the maintenance of the sole legal definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman, as do some who self identify as "gay".
Yes, you advocate discrimination based on your your prejudice.
Pietro Armando wrote:
It is you who advocate the abolition of said sole definition, but argue against other relationships being legally recognized besides same sex pairings.
My advocacy is aligned with what the constitution permits, stupid Peter. Yours isn't.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
We were discussing freedom and individual rights without regard for responsibility, duty or obligation.
Freedom and liberty imply responsibility and the only duty and obligation any of us has is too ourselves.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Oddly enough, I think I don't protest enough and I'm no lady.
Oh, so you are a tart?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a hypocrite, bigot, and polyphobe of the first order.
It was another pot/kettle moment for lies. I see it and you see it, why can't lies see it?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the persons of your choice. lides hates freedom too.
That is why BrianG and lies are two peas in a pod: They both hate freedom. Well, they hate our freedom, for themselves they love freedom.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I would ask the same of monosupremacists such as lides and Miss Congeniality (X Breath). Are you comfortable with your anger towards people loving more than one?
I for one am completely comfortable with people loving more than one. My grandfather had two wives, I had two grandmothers, and they loved one another like sisters and they were comfortable sharing the same man. They set an excellent example for all of us to be one huge giant loving family.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, learn to count. Then you will understand why your argument is utterly irrelevant to the current topic. Same sex couples seek equal access to a union that already exists in every state in the union, polygamists seek a new protection of the law currently illegal in every state in the union.
Were you not an idiot, you might understand.
You are the idiot, even though you do understand, you won't admit it. There is no valid argument against gay marriage, therefore there can not be any valid argument against polygamy.

And that was not a typo, I wrote, you do understand. You do.
1 post removed

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
An appeal to biology, and conjugality. Two sexes, one union. So is coitus the best way to reproduce?
But you aren't interested in a logical argument, are you?
<quoted text>
Non issue.
You don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<
They who? How do you know people were distinctly identified by same sex sexual behavior? Seems odd for something so "innate", that it took until the late 19th century for same sex sexual behavior to be given a medical term.
You made that up, but even if you hadn't, it's a non issue.
All persons should receive equal protection.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<
It could mean that despite the existence of SSSB, and individuals who engaged in such, there was no compelling reason to designate it as a basis for a distinct identity.
Do you actually think you have a point?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
List 'em.(your "many compelling reasons").
Yeah, list them lies. I'd like to see the list as well.
1 post removed

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
If a woman wants to marry a man with two other wives. It's her damn choice. Not lides' choice.
Exactly. Who does this lies think he is sticking his nose into someone's business? No one appointed him to make up new rules.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I have better things to do with my time that try to make a hopeless case less stupid.
Blah blah blah, what a petty excuse, you do not have a list, you just make that up, just like the bigots who swish in here and harass homosexuals with made up lies.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I can.
That's just how Rush Limbo would have answered.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
I have multiple times already in this thread. It's not my fault you can't remember or that Rev Alan apparently didn't read the posts. Nor did he ask me to post it; he merely asked if I could.
You are having a bad hair day.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex couples do have the same legal rights and protections of a anyone else without marriage, they have the same legal rights as single people.
Did your parents divorce because they kept blaming the other for your stupidity?
Brian_G wrote:
Berndan Eich, cofounder of Mozilla was adversely effected with the loss of his job. Elaine Huguenin was sued to force the celebration of same sex marriage from her artistic expression, where's her free speech? Sex segregating marriage creates new school cirriculum where instead of history, children learn the contributions of homosexuals and other minority groups as PC propaganda. Same sex marriage means higher taxes for everyone or less to go around with a smaller slice of the pie.
I know how basically dishonest you are, and I'm not going to look up the stories.
How will gay marriage mean higher taxes for everyone?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm insulted thus adversely effected by being called "an unintelligent monster", but let's move on. So you can call single people, second class citizens because they aren't treated like married couples, by lides logic.
I advocate civil unions and domestic partnerships, a perfect compromise.
Same sex couples already have wills, living wills and contracts and I advocate same sex couples be treated like married couples by the community, not by the law.
Live isn't fair to those who lose love's lottery and never find a mate. Not giving single people the rights of married couples isn't monstrous or mean. Not radically redefining marriage based on sexual predilection is only common sense.
Life isn't fair to your homophobes, society is progressing.
anonymous

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am.
Not by fighting for gay marriage, you aren't. Not even slightly. You're condoning special treatment for married people and I don't believe for a second that you'd ever take it any further.

Should I bring up your later quote where you talk about marrying your cousin (There's a door that we don't want to open!) You say something to the effect of "Hmmm. I wonder if I can get any benefits from the government"

See, Alan? Troll or weasel, you don't earn the "civility" that you preach. Your agenda has an ulterior motive and I suspect that it includes a criminal record of some sort. As the average drill instructor would say: "Don't try to bull5hit a bull5hitter!" (They are very used to working with juvenile offenders, you know!) You're not offering anything constructive or insightful here. You've become a cheerleader, but I still bet that you won't really free yourself from those dreaded judgeits until you declare that you were BORN GAY!

Still wanna petulantly spite those who have shown you up? You can try, but you can't escape the hate that you have spawned, whether it is lides and sheeple or Brian and kimare, you don't have your original lie anymore. Now you have several lies and that list will only grow and grow, little Pinocchio.
Boris n Matasha

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your parents divorced.
Conservative icon Rush Limpaugh divorced about 3 times.
Dennis Prager, two.
So, STFU about the "for our children" crap.
You are just a homophobe, and you want to make your bigotry seem noble.
Why you always pulling the racist card first?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 47,641 - 47,660 of51,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Quirky 242,995
US believes Russia provided separatists with mi... 7 min Cordwainer Trout 71
Congressman: - Punish' Amnesty Opponents 11 min Amigo 1
MH17: 8 unanswered questions 13 min Cordwainer Trout 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min wojar 174,372
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 min Brian_G 305,059
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Cornelius Scudmister 145,942
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,077,537
•••
•••