Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61384 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#51307 Jun 15, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering and Bruno are both at the health club.
Each has a nut. Together they have two nuts.
Wondering doesn't have two nuts.
Bruno doesn't have two nuts.
There you go; proof positive that neither of you has a pair of nuts.
(Thanks for the wonderful set up. You keep setting 'em up; we'll keep knocking 'em down.)
Awwwww.....Rusty, you're always thinking about something to eat.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#51308 Jun 15, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
Happy Father's Day to all the dads!
Thanks Cali Girl! That includes the rainbow club....wish your Dad (that would be your male parent) a Happy Father's Day!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#51309 Jun 15, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Marriage isn't required.
So then marriage, procreation, and parenting are linked.
Pietro, if that were true, out of wedlock births and single parents would not exist.

The fact of the matter is that you are advancing a nonsensical argument with no basis in reality.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#51310 Jun 15, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize, don't you, that conjugal mean relating to marriage (and it is not confined to opposite sex marriage, right? You look like an idiot when you use it in the manner that you do.
Yes marriage, the legally, culturally, socially, sexually, historically, legally, and/or religiously, understood union of husband and wife. Calling an apple an orange, doesn't suddenly make the apple a citrus fruit, anymore than calling a same sex relationship "marriage" suddenly makes it conjugal.

Get a clue, kiddo.
Can you offer a compelling governmental interest served by excluding same sex couples from equality under the law to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional, or are you an idiot?
Can you offer a compelling governmental interest served by excluding some individual men and women from equality under law to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husban fan wife, that would render such an exclusion constitutional, or are you a chooch?

This is an either/or question.
Which is to say it has ruled on same sex couples.
Yes it involved a same sex couple, but he basic question was whether or not the federal government would recognize what the state had defined as marriage.
Learn to count, Pietro. No one is arguing for polygamy, excluding yourself.
Most of us can count and understand that three or more is greater than two, and that polygamy seeks extraordinary protection of the law.
Both polygamists, and SSMers seek the abolition of the sole legal definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. Same objective.

Why you can't understand this simple fact is a mystery. Why you publicize your lack of thinkin prowess is similarly mysterious, yet hysterical. Keep up the good work!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#51311 Jun 15, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Pietro, if that were true, out of wedlock births and single parents would not exist.
The fact of the matter is that you are advancing a nonsensical argument with no basis in reality.
Your desire to cross swords with another man is not based in reality but in the rainbow world in which you inhabit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#51312 Jun 15, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Cali Girl! That includes the rainbow club....wish your Dad (that would be your male parent) a Happy Father's Day!
Grazie!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
Mikey

Pasadena, CA

#51314 Jun 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Homsexuals are not DADS
Geez You're Dumb...Use spell too.
2 posts removed

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#51317 Jun 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>Homsexuals are not DADS
How do you know? MYOB
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#51318 Jun 15, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You've quoted wikipedia because not only are you not an expert, but you are also lazy.
Ummm....I'm not a student who is expected to use conventional research tools to write term papers rather than just paraphrase Wikipedia articles. I'm also known to use power tools rather than hand tools and I change the channel with a remote control.

Who the heck do you think you are to judge me for that? Doesn't really matter. You're the original parse bunny of this thread and you have a LONG way to go before your opinion would mean anything to me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
Mikey

Pasadena, CA

#51320 Jun 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that right you twisted freak, then tell me how exactly two men can have a child together?
And don't give me a bunch of crap about adoption or finding some stupid girl that will agree to carry a baby for them.
How exactly can those two men have a child?
You ignorant bigoted piece of sh*t, you're too obvious. So concerned and fantasizing about how the 'men' do it, eh? How's this one, asstroll? They sh*t them out, then flush them down the toilet because they all look like you. Now go back to 'toe tappin' at the truck stop and STFU.
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#51321 Jun 15, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You do it all of the time. You said I don't know the difference between pedophilia and homosexuality. I asked you where that came from. You continue to hide from my question because you know you lied.
2. Please explain, in detail, what this "extraordinary protection" is. I'm sure you'll hide from that too. Rights and protections are individual, counting has nothing to with it. It's as irrelevant as you are.
Lides cherry picks his legal interpretations just as he cherry picks quotes out of context to attack with his approved list of sound bites.

He genuinely thinks "close scrutiny" means that judges are obligated to watch you at all times because you don't agree with lides. He's a true believer in the secret police as long as they serve gays like they are supposed to, because it's the 14th Amendment.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mikey

Pasadena, CA

#51322 Jun 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation, this fellow doesn't believe in any standard whatsoever. Whatever you want to do is perfectly acceptable to RevAllen. And that standard changes with the times.
Sorry Pal but I ain't cut from that cloth. I believe in honor, truth, moral values, right and wrong.
You do realize when you tell people lies like being a Homosexual is OK, that what they are doing to each other is ok then you are working for the enemy.
LOL What A Bunch of delusional BULL SH*T! That's the best one I've heard all day!'I believe in honor, truth, moral values, right and wrong' Yeah that's why your on here 24/7 spouting hate speech! Fking Judgmental piece of sh*t.
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#51323 Jun 15, 2014
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant bigoted piece of sh*t, you're too obvious. So concerned and fantasizing about how the 'men' do it, eh? How's this one, asstroll? They sh*t them out, then flush them down the toilet because they all look like you. Now go back to 'toe tappin' at the truck stop and STFU.
Mikey! Where's the "P" word. It's got to be the "P" word. You know you get SO much SATISFACTION when that word rolls off your tongue. It's like smoking a Cuban! "P-"...."P- " You can do it, Mikey! P...E....N....I....A....L! It feels right! You were BORN THAT WAY so why do you hold it in?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mikey

Pasadena, CA

#51324 Jun 15, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikey! Where's the "P" word. It's got to be the "P" word. You know you get SO much SATISFACTION when that word rolls off your tongue. It's like smoking a Cuban! "P-"...."P- " You can do it, Mikey! P...E....N....I....A....L! It feels right! You were BORN THAT WAY so why do you hold it in?
How's this for a P word for you?..P.I.S.S Off!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#51325 Jun 15, 2014
fr Pietro:

>...Both polygamists, and SSMers seek the abolition of the sole legal definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. Same objective.<

Wrong. Polygamy is against the law. Marriage Equality is not. Clear as mud now? Good. If not,have mommy explain to you why little boys shouldn't interrupt adult conversations.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#51326 Jun 15, 2014
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Pietro:
>...Both polygamists, and SSMers seek the abolition of the sole legal definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. Same objective.<
Wrong. Polygamy is against the law. Marriage Equality is not. Clear as mud now? Good. If not,have mommy explain to you why little boys shouldn't interrupt adult conversations.
So you're saying polygamy should be illegal because it's against the law, eh? Appeal to tradition fallacy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#51327 Jun 15, 2014
Every adult human being must be free, without state, public, religious or other forcible interference to choose the form of his/her heterosexual, homosexual or sexually mixed family life, provided that it does no harm.

Marriage. There is no one right way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#51328 Jun 15, 2014
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
How's this for a P word for you?..P.I.S.S Off!
That word doesn't have the MAGIC, Mikey. You know it won't do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Helms-enator

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#51329 Jun 15, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? You're talking about over-the-counter meds and I don't really care about how he deals with stuttering.
Anyway. Obama is a lawyer by trade and he has a good background for oratory. What he lacks i
Barack is a liberal--which is good because so many people are suffering etc. and the last thing we need is to pick over and piss off millions people etc., BUT, barack is a low IQ person I assume--there is no way I can forgive him for the trayvon martin verdict etc., the "he said" "she said" bullcrap does not go over when comes to kids getting killed--and trayvon never told his side of the story-for GP , zimmerman needs to go down for a 15 year sentence with life parole at least--that's 8 years with halftime and good-work time.--George could have done that no problem-but he's punk ass wannabe moshe.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#51330 Jun 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation, this fellow doesn't believe in any standard whatsoever. Whatever you want to do is perfectly acceptable to RevAllen. And that standard changes with the times.
Sorry Pal but I ain't cut from that cloth. I believe in honor, truth, moral values, right and wrong.
You do realize when you tell people lies like being a Homosexual is OK, that what they are doing to each other is ok then you are working for the enemy.
Alan is an anarchist. He likes to think that he is a Libertarian but he really can't understand the difference between personal moral values and the inability to control one's impulses when one is among strangers. He just bonded with gays who took him to bars and introduced him to gals when he was underage. He's more than half way to being "born gay" but I suppose that depends on whether or not the gals are still putting out.

I can't say as I'm too big on your tendency to consider morality absolute either, but I'm a bit of a sadist in my old age. I've spent too much of my life trying to empathize with people like you and people like Alan who really aren't any different, just one-way streets who think rules matter when it suits them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min BlueFlag 1,581,092
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min MOGA 25,833
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Demoscum 286,984
News One dead after car plows into group of proteste... 5 min Chilli J 210
★ Thousands Rally For Anti Racism In Bost... 9 min Ronald 3
News Police: Suspect who drove over protesters at Vi... 11 min Chilli J 141
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min susan9828 316,331
More from around the web