Gay marriage

There are 20 comments on the Mar 28, 2013, Los Angeles Times story titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#50582 Jun 10, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The choice to come out of the closet.
And what? Wrap yourself in the rainbow flag? So what if one "comes out of the closet" but refuses to join the club, refuses to put the bumper sticker on the car, march in the parade,....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#50583 Jun 10, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a choice. Your testimonials are not valid evidence. P.T. Barnum might like your style though.
Care to site a legitimate source that homosexuality is a choice or is this just one more worthless opinion?
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#50584 Jun 10, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are attracted to both genders doesn't make you gay or straight. It makes you bi-sexual, and even YOU can't choose to change that. You can't CHOOSE to only be attracted to one gender, any more than I can choose to be attracted to both.
Assuming that everyone has same the ability that you to to be attracted to both males and females is absurd.
Keep your sticky mitts off my choice to be attracted to that which I choose to be attracted to.

You're not invited to my lifestyle. I don't deal with damaged goods.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#50585 Jun 10, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
They DIDN'T raise me to be attracted to other girls, that's true.......but it still happened, even though I had boyfriends throughout my life up until I cam to terms with who I am in my earlier 20's!!!
Actually, the comment about pretending to be heterosexual is NOT an ASSumption, but truth in certain cases, mine being one of them.....and the ONLY choice I made when it came to dealing with who I am and who I wanted to be involved with was NOT living in denial.........that was MY choice, but I have been attracted to girls/women since I was 10 years old......and that was NEVER a conscious choice!!!
By the way Bruno.......my parents WEREN'T the greatest parents a kid could have, but in-spite of of my parents, I managed to grow up and be a pretty good, decent and successful adult......lucky to have a beautiful wife, a child and 3 step-children and 4 wonderful grandchildren........most folks CAN'T say that.......sorry you might not like this comment, but then your opinion truly is irrelevant in the first place!!!
http://m.thenation.com/article/178212-whats-w...

Here's the other: desire is not a fixed or reliable compass. It varies, usually not in a willed way. I know many women who say that they were once so identified with one direction of desire that it never occurred to them it would ever vary—and yet fifteen or thirty years later, are stunned to find that their attractions take a U-turn. Some women who spend their younger adulthood identifying as lesbians shift in midlife and get involved with men. Some straight women have serious, meaningful relationships with men—and are stunned when they fall hard for a woman, not with a mild crush, but with full-on love and desire. These women often don't call themselves "bisexual." They say: at one point I was straight and then became gay (or vice versa). And that involves choice. Undoing a marriage or a household, leaving behind the way your social circle imagined you, rewriting your identity: all that takes effort and has social costs. Tackling that is a choice.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sylvester

Anonymous Proxy

#50586 Jun 10, 2014
Timmy grew up i do mean grown up weighing in at 500+ lbs. selected friends and family called him QT meaning quarter ton. Last i heard about Timmy/Tina changed his name moved out west somewhere over yonder Nebraska hick town 1 bar 1 shuffleboard Norfolk sumthing like that... heard through the grapevine all the trailer parks are connected by clothesline just got slammed good by hail. Live in sin you shall be punished.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#50587 Jun 10, 2014
Here is a legitimate source the origin of diversity of sexual orientation and gender identity.

http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#50588 Jun 10, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
How childish you are for an oldie!
Where would I be if I behaved the way that others expect me to behave, eh?

Worst case scenario? Probably gay!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#50589 Jun 10, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
And what? Wrap yourself in the rainbow flag? So what if one "comes out of the closet" but refuses to join the club, refuses to put the bumper sticker on the car, march in the parade,....
DUDE!

Educate yourself.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#50590 Jun 10, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The sexual binary is not for everyone. You don't get to define my life.
Yet you oppose consensual polygamy.....odd.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#50591 Jun 10, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you oppose consensual polygamy.....odd.
total non-issue

educate yourself
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

#50592 Jun 10, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Where would I be if I behaved the way that others expect me to behave, eh?
You already are the worst case scenario - a POS Asstroll!
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

#50593 Jun 10, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the other: desire is not a fixed or reliable compass. It varies, usually not in a willed way. I know many women who say that they were once so identified with one direction of desire that it never occurred to them it would ever vary—and yet fifteen or thirty years later, are stunned to find that their attractions take a U-turn. Some women who spend their younger adulthood identifying as lesbians shift in midlife and get involved with men. Some straight women have serious, meaningful relationships with men—and are stunned when they fall hard for a woman, not with a mild crush, but with full-on love and desire. These women often don't call themselves "bisexual." They say: at one point I was straight and then became gay (or vice versa). And that involves choice. Undoing a marriage or a household, leaving behind the way your social circle imagined you, rewriting your identity: all that takes effort and has social costs. Tackling that is a choice.
Moronic and too wordy..Next
Sylvester

Anonymous Proxy

#50594 Jun 10, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn you are stupid.
If you take a straight boy and put him in a girl's dress every single day, he'll still be straight.(He may murder his mother one day, but he'll be straight.)
Likewise, if you take a gay boy and make him play football every day and act like a macho douchebag, he will still be gay.
Are you really that stupid, that you think how you dress a child and how much respect you teach them will determine whether they are gay or straight? You're a freaking moron. You don't deserve air. Thank God I'm gay and not stupid. I don't know how people like you live.
Have to disagree with you Tony you are stoopid you know nothing about infants toddlers young impressionable easily influenced. I raised three of my own and eight grandchildren.
not one gay one in the whole lot. You know married the opposite sex had children its a normal trend. And you know if any of them choose to be gay that is find with me does not matter. When my children were born there was no doubt what gender they were. I know there is exceptions such as the gender being questionable at birth. I'm glad you are proud to be gay you go gurl. Stay away from children.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#50595 Jun 10, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Where would I be if I behaved the way that others expect me to behave, eh?

And you told ME I was in my second
childhood! LOL

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#50596 Jun 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it that identical twins, with the exact same DNA can have different orientations?
Smile.
The same way they can have different likes and dislikes or personality.........and in more cases than not, they both have the same sexual orientation!!!
Sylvester

Anonymous Proxy

#50597 Jun 10, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
DUDE!
Educate yourself.
WasteWater man of few words [limited vocabulary] Surenuff can copy and paste.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#50598 Jun 10, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, any thing that could even remotely undermine your assertion that no one chooses to be gay, you avoid, like a hot babe in your bedroom.
You really need to get up to date:
Now, the Washington Post reports new research finds that, despite what some naysayers would like to believe, Dean Hamer was right all along. A gay gene does exist. In fact, there are two of them. Maybe — in fact, probably — even more than two.
Researchers at the Human Genome Project, an international scientific research group that examines human DNA, conducted a study on several pairs of gay brothers.
“Sexual orientation has nothing to do with choice,” Michael Bailey of Northwestern University, who carried out the research, said.“Our findings suggest there may be genes at play, and we found evidence for two sets that affect whether a man is gay or straight.”
http://www.queerty.com/bad-news-for-bible-thu...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#50599 Jun 10, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Keep your sticky mitts off my choice to be attracted to that which I choose to be attracted to.

You're not invited to my lifestyle. I don't deal with damaged goods.
You're a bitter old Bigot,who probably
is lonely......

#50600 Jun 10, 2014
Sylvester wrote:
<quoted text>
How many would you like? Anything specific? Tell me when to STOP okay?
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116378/mac...
http://www.thenation.com/article/178212/whats...
http://www.conservapedia.com/Homosexuality_an...
http://www.conservapedia.com/Mystery:Why_do_p...
I'm just getting started time for dinner I'LL BE BACK
Interesting links.....you should read the "ABOUT US" section to know more about what these sites are!!!

Try this one:
http://www.queerty.com/bad-news-for-bible-thu...
Sylvester

Anonymous Proxy

#50601 Jun 10, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
He said one LEGITIMATE study. None of these sites are legitimate, as they all have an agenda against gay people. I don't even need to open them to know their bias.
You're going to have to get up a lot earlier in the morning to pull the wool over our eyes.
Yoo hoo dummy didn't even read one link so damn pathetic um you do know how to read and do you comprehend what you read or you just stoned acting silly? btw you have some wool on your chins.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min gop idiots 1,220,462
News Democrats hearing wrong message on immigration 3 min wild child 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Taletha 324,555
News 'Deep-Seated Cultural Codes, Religious Beliefs ... 5 min Lawrence Wolf 49
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques in Orleans 187,337
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 6 min Redefined 433
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Agents of Corruption 160,971
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 23 min Sunshine 179,265
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 4 hr Le Jimbo 180
More from around the web