Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.
Comments
4,281 - 4,300 of 53,088 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Jeena wrote:
<quoted text>
First 'idiot', now 'stupid'! These names are unchristian, if I might say. As I am not a christian, I will accept them. Thankyou.
Now to the issue.
Darling, you can't 'couple' with your own sex and have children!
So what? Procreation isn't required for marriage.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

How is it harm, for a photographer to pass on a wedding? Where is the harm in a baker refering a client to a list of alternative when his Christian faith stops him from supporting a same sex marriage? He sells to gays, there's no proof of discrimination; he merely believes marriage is male/female and doesn't support same sex marriage.

Where is the artistic freedom suing a New Mexico florist for not supporting a same sex marriage? Don't Christians have the right to live by their religious principles in America?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

fr Jeena:

>Lets just agree, the word 'marriage' per se means a union between man & woman.
I know, I sound childish to state such platitudes, but when people forget basics, you ought to speak child language to them kids. This idea of 'same-sex marriage' is not at all plausible. It is one thing to tattoo or try hairdoes or dress odd, but fads cannot be stretched too far to affect the very basis of life.<

NO. Marriage is a union between two consenting, non-attached, legal adults. Get a clue, Jeena, and grow UP. You DO sound childish. My MARRIAGE to my WIFE is not a "fad", little one. We are a happily-married lesbian FAMILY, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it. Work on your own relationship(s), and keep your nose out of everyone else's.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Jeena wrote:
This is for all married or unmarried homosex couples, who also want children in your lives.
Admittedly, you have to seek collaboration from a person of the opposite sex, who you think is not worthwhile having in you lives otherwise....
Why in the world do you believe that we "don't find the opposite sex worthwhile"? Do you really think you have to be sexually attracted to a person for them to be worth something? Do you think that because gay folks can't be sexually attracted to the same gender, that we must disdain them?

That's ridiculous.

And, believe it or not, to have those children, all you need is either a sperm or an egg, or a couple of straight folks who fornicate irresponsibly. And you need a huge heart, a quick mind, and endless patience.

How a child comes into the world is not nearly as important as the care, love, commitment, and humor it takes to successfully raise them. You must not have children of your own, to understand so little about being a parent.
1 post removed

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Jeena wrote:
Same-sex marriages come with the same issues, jealousy, possessiveness, domination, abuse, infidelity, insecurity etc. It is never going to be equal, just because of the lack of sexual difference between the couple. Add to it you can't have children in the natural course. So, whats new?
So, you know this, how? How many gay married couples - from all walks of life - have you studied? Have you been married to someone of the same gender yourself?

Are you REALLY trying to say that ALL women are identical and interchangeable with any other woman, and all men are carbon copies of other men?

Geesh.

I will never understand the stupidity of people who actually believe that they know more about gay folks than we do, ourselves, especially having met very few.

Why not get out and actually MEET a few hundred gay folks before making a fool of yourself?
1 post removed

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
How is it harm, for a photographer to pass on a wedding? Where is the harm in a baker refering a client to a list of alternative when his Christian faith stops him from supporting a same sex marriage?...
First, it's likely illegal.

However, did these business put a sign up on the front door, so that the undesirables would know that they were not welcome? How is the black person, the gay person, or the Jew to know that they should not walk through the door?

Can YOU imagine walking in to a shop in your town, exited about the future, only to be tole that you were not the "sort" that business would serve. That you were lesser. Not worthy to spend your money, there. How many stores would YOU be happy to enter, and be humiliated in, before you complained?

For a reference, you might want to ask a few black folks who were refused a seat at a lunch counter.

It's an ugly scene, even when couched as religious belief.
Marine Corp Pat

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

This is something I can really get behind - if you catch my drift ;)
1 post removed
Jeena

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Putting your head up your *ss isn't a Yoga position that I had heard of before. It's definitely given you a unique perspective on things, an idiotic one, but definitely unique.
Actually there is a Yoga posture, where you put your head up your own *ss. Thats called Karna Peetasana. Try that. You'll see your own *ss and will stop finding same-sex other's attractive. I think thats your problem. You haven't seen your own, so you think special about same sex other's.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Homosexuality is a gift sweetness. It's not my fault you don't want to get it. But I forgive you.
AntiGlobalist Easterner

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

AntiGlobalist westerner wrote:
Children, even though they have neither money nor votes should have a say in this issue. It would, to me, seem hard for me to deny children to have a say. They DO in custody battles and often their wishes may trump an opposite totality of other factors.
The fact that invoking children's rights here is automatically presumed by gay activists to be nothing but bigotry is disgusting. With such a notion no wonder this issue is not so much debated as being some "spoils if war" or "rallying cries around a battle standard" to win a fight about something else.
I will also be VERY curious to know what will be aftermath here. Is the globalist agenda, free of exceptions or rights, going to accept Putin to do thus?!?! When will we see PussyRiot on Letterman and then Gaga concert to demonize Vlaf next,?
Remember, Putin is a Russian and doesn't care what front page in people magazine says. I wish our leaders would start thinking more about their own people as well, rather than global agenda.
You bet there'll be an unholy alliance between gays and lesbos on this. The gays will be sperm donors, while the lesbos are surrogate mothers. They arrange these things nicely among themselves. They don't need us and we don't need them. They might as well live in some remote island and have their own queer laws.
Pity their children.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

AntiGlobalist Easterner wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet there'll be an unholy alliance between gays and lesbos on this. The gays will be sperm donors, while the lesbos are surrogate mothers....
That happens on occasion, but most of the time, we just raise the byproducts of irresponsible heterosexual fornication.

We call them children. Heterosexuals call them unwanted, and mistakes.
AntiGlobalist Easterner

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That happens on occasion, but most of the time, we just raise the byproducts of irresponsible heterosexual fornication.
So, you pride yourselves as the social scavangers? You mean before gay-marriages these abandoned children were buried alive like trash? There are enough support systems for such children. I don't think they need the kind of set-up you offer.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Ha! Ha!

My HERO! Save us all from irresponsible fornication!

I think I just gave birth to a baby boi!.....No, I was just laughing too hard!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Procreation isn't required for marriage.
Maybe it should be.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Irresponsible homosexual fornication
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/statistics_basics_...

Tell us again why gay couples don't have accidental children.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
See the pattern of suing religious people for practicing their faith?
Now the photographer in New Mexico.
You really are clueless, Brian. They are sued when they deny service to others, thereby projecting their religious views onto others. Their free exercise of religion is not violated by offering a service to someone who believes differently than they do.

Why do you hate freedom?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
First, it's likely illegal. However, did these business put a sign up on the front door, so that the undesirables would know that they were not welcome? How is the black person, the gay person, or the Jew to know that they should not walk through the door?
So, you would force a Jewish photographer to commemorate a Nazi rally, unless he had proper signage?

Quest wrote:
Can YOU imagine walking in to a shop in your town, exited about the future, only to be tole that you were not the "sort" that business would serve. That you were lesser. Not worthy to spend your money, there. How many stores would YOU be happy to enter, and be humiliated in, before you complained? For a reference, you might want to ask a few black folks who were refused a seat at a lunch counter. It's an ugly scene, even when couched as religious belief.
None of those businesses refused custom to gays, they only refused to participate in their same sex marriage. Both the baker and the florist had served the couple that later sued them. They didn't have signs on their door because they believe gays were born in God's image too; only a leftist would think of that. They just don't want to be forced to support a same sex wedding.

And that's tolerant, how?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
You really are clueless, Brian. They are sued when they deny service to others, thereby projecting their religious views onto others. Their free exercise of religion is not violated by offering a service to someone who believes differently than they do.
Why do you hate freedom?
You don't have a right to zero tolerance customer service; get over yourself and stop suing Christians. A photographer should be free to not be forced to use her artistic expression in support of same sex marriage if that's against her religious beliefs. The same for the the baker and florists too. Don't be a hater and stop suing Christians. That's not funny.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
So, you would force a Jewish photographer to commemorate a Nazi rally, unless he had proper signage?
Are you trying to reinforce the notion that you are insane by equating homosexuality to Nazis?
Brian_G wrote:
None of those businesses refused custom to gays, they only refused to participate in their same sex marriage.
Which is to refuse custom. I love it when you contradict yourself in the course of one sentence.
Brian_G wrote:
Both the baker and the florist had served the couple that later sued them.
Yet, they denied service when they became aware the customer was homosexual and getting married to someone of the same sex.
Brian_G wrote:
They didn't have signs on their door because they believe gays were born in God's image too; only a leftist would think of that. They just don't want to be forced to support a same sex wedding.
If they believe gays are made in God's image, then why judge them and discriminate against them? Are you saying that these owners are Christian in name only, and are in actuality hypocrites?
Brian_G wrote:
And that's tolerant, how?
Not providing serve for a gay wedding is intolerant, plain and simple. Providing the service in no way infringes upon the religious freedom of the owners, which is why they keep losing in court.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to reinforce the notion that you are insane by equating homosexuality to Nazis?
Answer the question:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••