Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61391 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#4829 Jul 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
civil rights are not up for popular vote in our nation. a true citizen would know this, why don't you? in fact, it seems most US citizens are now in favor of SSM and as you bigots die off, that support is only growing...
The citizens of California voted on whether marriage is one man and one woman or if same sex marriage is a civil right. Instead of applying law to all, California courts rewrote marriage law out of sympathy for a mascot victim group, social justice as opposed to real justice. Now that we've seen SSM's rejection of democracy and use of courts to harm society; the case is clear.

Even many homosexuals want to keep marriage one man and one woman.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4830 Jul 21, 2013
fr Brian_G:

>Even many homosexuals want to keep marriage one man and one woman.<

Prove it. Use FACT-BASED sites as your proof. Sorry, the following are NOT fact-based: the "afa", the "frc" the "cwa", anything by bryan fischer, terry perkins, or the westboro nutballs.

St. Croix valley

#4831 Jul 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The citizens of California voted on whether marriage is one man and one woman or if same sex marriage is a civil right. Instead of applying law to all, California courts rewrote marriage law out of sympathy for a mascot victim group, social justice as opposed to real justice. Now that we've seen SSM's rejection of democracy and use of courts to harm society; the case is clear.
the entire nation can vote for a law, but if it is unconstitutional, it will be struck down.

why don't you have even a fifth grade level understanding of your own nation and how it works?

Don't you believe in your civic duty as a citizen of the US? Are you a citizen of the US?

perhaps you should pass your citizenship test before you attempt to lecture those of us who know enough about our nation to be called good citizens, hmmm?(lest you make yourself look so foolish again...)

St. Croix valley

#4832 Jul 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The citizens of California voted on whether marriage is one man and one woman or if same sex marriage is a civil right. Instead of applying law to all, California courts rewrote marriage law out of sympathy for a mascot victim group, social justice as opposed to real justice. Now that we've seen SSM's rejection of democracy and use of courts to harm society; the case is clear.
then they do not have to get married to someone of the gender they are attracted to...

i know many heterosexuals that are against the institution of marriage. did either of our posts have relevancy to this debate?
37 posts removed

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#4870 Jul 21, 2013
There is no gender equality right in the US Constitution, the ERA failed ratification. Several countries have gender equality rights; those lead to same sex marriage.

This issued was settled when congress criminalized polygamy. They don't have the votes for their novel 'rights' but they have influence in courts.

That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic. If the truth hurts; let's reject gender segregation in favor of diversity and gender integration marriage. Men and women are different therefor keep marriage male/female.

St. Croix valley

#4871 Jul 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
There is no gender equality right in the US Constitution, the ERA failed ratification. Several countries have gender equality rights; those lead to same sex marriage.
This issued was settled when congress criminalized polygamy. They don't have the votes for their novel 'rights' but they have influence in courts.
That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic. If the truth hurts; let's reject gender segregation in favor of diversity and gender integration marriage. Men and women are different therefor keep marriage male/female.
yes, there is gender equality rights in the US constitution, this is why the ERA amendment was not needed.

all citizens are due equal protection under the US constitution.

again, it would be nice if you knew enough about your nation to speak intelligibly about it...
be you who are

East Syracuse, NY

#4872 Jul 21, 2013
Hey marrying 2 men or 2 women are fine. As long as they are happy. People shouldn't care so much about people's sexual inferences.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#4873 Jul 21, 2013
The issue isn't sexual inferences; you can same sex cohabit in every state. The issue is rewriting marriage law for everyone.

Same sex marriage is like pretending the second section of the 14th Amendment doesn't have rights reserved for males but not females; the antithesis of gender equality.
1 post removed

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4875 Jul 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The issue isn't sexual inferences; you can same sex cohabit in every state. The issue is rewriting marriage law for everyone.
Same sex marriage is like pretending the second section of the 14th Amendment doesn't have rights reserved for males but not females; the antithesis of gender equality.
What is a "sexual inference"?

Yes, Dear, it's about marriage, and gay folks marry for all of the same reasons straight folks do, and we and our children benefit from marriage in the same way.

We know you don't like that but your anti-family agenda is failing fast, as it should.

And good riddance.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#4876 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Wake up.

There is an equal protection clause, which covers EVERYONE.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4877 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Yes, nit wit, it is about rewritting marriage laws to include everyone, except in cases where a compelling state interest is served by excluding them.

Thus far, you've lacked the necessary grey matter to provide any such reason served by preventing same sex marriage. Presumably because you are a dullard.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#4878 Jul 23, 2013
Gays and lesbians have always married under the same laws as everyone else; I cite Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter for examples. There's no exclusion based on sexual orientation in marriage, no state has an orientation standard.

The issue is rewriting marriage laws for all; not freedom.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4879 Jul 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Gays and lesbians have always married under the same laws as everyone else; I cite Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter for examples. There's no exclusion based on sexual orientation in marriage, no state has an orientation standard.
The issue is rewriting marriage laws for all; not freedom.
You are less than an idiot.

Tell me how redefining marriage in any way adversely impacts traditional marriages, whether existing or yet to be performed, without venturing off into an irrelevant tangent, which would merely prove that you are as weak minded as I think you are.
2 posts removed

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#4882 Jul 24, 2013
Can you tell me how dumping our racial integration standards would affect people if we allowed voluntary segregation?

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4883 Jul 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Can you tell me how dumping our racial integration standards would affect people if we allowed voluntary segregation?
Can you tell me why you are an ignorant imbecile whi is incapable of remaining on topic?
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#4884 Jul 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Too bad you're advocating against civil rights. Wrong issue. No support is ever coming from here. What you want is Gubbermint money for screwing and dropping calves into the world.

I don't want my tax dollars going to creating livestock for industrialists.

Get rid of the tax breaks. Get rid of the government definition of marriage. Create a universal civil union that is not based on sex and at least you won't have the government endorsement of homosexuality shoved down your throat.

You won't do it. You're going to USE IT. This will end in civil war and as far as I'm concerned both sides can burn in hell. Their white women can burn in hell. Their infected offspring can burn in hell. USE IT!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#4885 Jul 25, 2013
lides wrote:
Can you tell me why you are an ignorant imbecile whi is incapable of remaining on topic?
This is the topic, same sex marriage; gender segregated marriage. I prefer the perfect harmony, unity, diversity and affirmative action of gender integrated marriage. If you want a gender segregated union, that's your private business, I don't want laws to accommodate seclusion, disunity and segregation in marriage.

Can lide argue without defamatory name calling? If you don't want them calling everyone arguing for one man and one woman marriage 'ignorant imbecile'; keep marriage law unchanged. You decide if you want civil society or a state where bullies and hate mongers lead the way.

Did you hear about the florist they sued in Washington and the photographer in Colorado? If same sex marriage becomes law, next they may sue you.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#4886 Jul 25, 2013
Quest wrote:
What is a "sexual inference"?....
be you who are wrote:
... People shouldn't care so much about people's sexual inferences.
Asked and answered.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4887 Jul 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
This is the topic, same sex marriage; gender segregated marriage. I prefer the perfect harmony, unity, diversity and affirmative action of gender integrated marriage. If you want a gender segregated union, that's your private business, I don't want laws to accommodate seclusion, disunity and segregation in marriage.
Sounds like a personal problem best discussed with a qualified mental health professional. Our laws shouldn't have to cater to your mental health problem. Sorry.

Location hidden

#4888 Jul 25, 2013
fr lides:

>You are less than an idiot....<

Now now, no dissing idiots!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats Announce Bipartisan Agreement on Sanc... 3 min Cordwainer Trout 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Well 279,541
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min VetnorsGate 1,564,437
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 13 min old_moose 15,996
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 35 min John-K 315,223
News The Latest: Trump lawyer says there's no pardon... 43 min George Justapose 2
News Democrats, civil rights group aim to block Trum... 50 min Quirky 110
More from around the web