Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#40467 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11 /01/us/ex-gay-men-fight-view-t hat-homosexuality-cant-be-chan ged.html?pagewanted=2&_r=0
So, Dr. Nicolosi’s is the President of NARTH.......and that organization is known to be an ANTI-GAY BIASED hate group and NO ONE can truly verify the supposed success rate of this so called conversion therapy!!!

#40468 Apr 3, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Dr. Nicolosi’s is the President of NARTH.......and that organization is known to be an ANTI-GAY BIASED hate group and NO ONE can truly verify the supposed success rate of this so called conversion therapy!!!
Sorry, wrong information regarding Dr. Nicolosi.......here is more from the article that a poster posted:
Joseph Nicolosi, a psychologist and clinical director of the Thomas Aquinas Psychological Clinic in Encino, Calif., which he describes as the largest reparative therapy clinic in the world, disagreed.

“I don’t believe that anybody is really gay,” he said.“I believe that all people are heterosexual but that some have a homosexual problem, and some of these people attempt to resolve their conflict by adopting a sociopolitical label called ‘gay.’”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/us/ex-gay-m...

Interestingly enough.....there are NO actual stats on folks who claim they have changed.......that's why Exodus International closed their doors because they KNEW they were perpetrating a lie!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#40469 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
He is proud of his work.
There are literally millions of people who are Ex-Gay.
Look it up for yourself.
Perversions are like any other mental condition you can overcome them.
You're erroneously conflating the term 'bisexual' with the term 'ex-gay'
Bisexuals are attracted to both sexes; so the ones nearest the MIDDLE of this chart can be 'ex-gayed' or 'ex-straighted' either direction even though nothing actually changes
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

#40470 Apr 3, 2014
Here is the Dr.'s good site:
http://josephnicolosi.com/

The NARTH website is viewed by over 100,000 visitors each month. It is the only secular group in the U.S. which protects the rights of therapists to counsel clients with unwanted homosexuality.

Okay.....maybe I WASN'T wrong after all!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#40471 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
He is proud of his work.
Look it up for yourself.
Are you looking for 'ex-gay' therapy for yourself?
or for a friend?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#40473 Apr 3, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is the death of American religious freedom. Keep marriage one man and one woman for perfect affirmative action, diversity and integration.
Your parents didn't they divorced.
So why not go bug them?
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage means sex apartheid marriage,
Liar.
People will still be free to marry someone of the opposite sex.
Brian_G wrote:
a new standard of government licensed segregation, separatism, prejudice, discrimination, inequality and bigotry.
Moron.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#40474 Apr 3, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
Here is the Dr.'s good site:
http://josephnicolosi.com/
The NARTH website is viewed by over 100,000 visitors each month. It is the only secular group in the U.S. which protects the rights of therapists to counsel clients with unwanted homosexuality.
Okay.....maybe I WASN'T wrong after all!!!
Bryan Fischer visited NARTH 100,000 times last month
The one million moms aren't doing it for him

Panorama City, CA

#40475 Apr 3, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YOU'RE SO STUUUPID!..and a dummy-dumm-dumm.
So just STFU and deal with it because IT'S THE 14TH AMENDMENT!!!!!!!!!!
Why do idiots like you think using a bunch of exclamation points makes up for your inability to reason?

Panorama City, CA

#40476 Apr 3, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama sold you out for the party. Any questions or are you ready to drown in the monkey bucket?
Why do racists call black people "monkeys" when monkeys have light skin, thin lips, straight hair and flat butts?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#40477 Apr 3, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Men wrote the Bible, but it was inspired by God. The Word of God is above any human document, including the US Constitution, which was written by Christian men.
Yeah, so was The Cat in the Hat and Horton Hears a Who....

Tawas City, Michigan

#40478 Apr 3, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
The issue doesn’t lie there. It is how homosexual marriage affects the culture and the institution of marriage. Same-sex marriage removes the fundamental presumptions of marriage, turning it from a sexual relationship that implies consequences for society into one where sex is irrelevant with no real importance to society.
Everyone I know still presumes marriage is a sexual relationship and important to society.

You must hang with a weird crowd.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#40479 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you are seeking help for your homosexual condition. I know of several Psychiatrists who unhomo people.
Psychological academic groups are liberals with agendas. They will say and do anything to make people happy.
There is no such thing as to "uhomo" people.

You are born the way you are born, and that can't be changed.

Stupid.

#40480 Apr 3, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Bryan Fischer visited NARTH 100,000 times last month
The one million moms aren't doing it for him
You really need to give a warning before posting this stuff......damn good thing I wasn't taking a drink of water.....lol!!!

TMFI!!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#40481 Apr 3, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So why then are licenses issued to two people of the same sex?
<quoted text>
What does any of those characteristics have to do with the ability of a man and woman to accept each other as husband and wife, be recognized as husband and wife by the state, interact as husband and wife, including but not limited to consummating their marriage through the first act of coital sexual intercourse?
<quoted text>
None of those attributes you mentioned interfere with the deep seated cultural, historical, social, legal, and/or religious understanding of marriage as a union of husband and wife.
They're issued marriage licenses because they got married.

They aren't issue "gay marriage" licenses, because they didn't get "gay married".

About as much as being of the same sex has anything to do with the ability of a man and a man to accept each other as husband and husband, be recognized as husband and husband by the state, interact as husband and husband, including but not limited to consummating their marriage through the first act sexual intimacy.

The understanding of marriage constantly evolves.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#40482 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
He Un-Gays them all the time and he is one of the finest Psychiatrists in the area.
Of course most gays like alcoholics and drug abusers do not want help. They like it just the way it is.
There is no un-gaying going on. People may go back into the closet. They're still gay.

My marriage is not an addiction, stupid.

Tawas City, Michigan

#40483 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Love has nothing to do with homosexuality
You're obviously not doing it right.

Tawas City, Michigan

#40484 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
He is proud of his work.
Look it up for yourself.
Nope, they're just pretending they're not gay anymore.

Show them 10" and they'll come running back to gay so fast they'll leave their skid marks behind.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#40485 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to give out names on TOPIX?
Besides you freaks would show up at his office and try to humiliate him.
Nice Try Troll
Awww, kitten - you lied!

Surely you know that a leading expert in de-homo-izing would be thrilled to have you give out his name.

Such a sad, lying troll you are....

Fort Lauderdale FL

#40486 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be un-natural to choose gayness
You should encourage people to seek help
People get AIDS that way
You should pray for brains.

Thank God He made me gay and not stupid.
poof

Madison, WI

#40487 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you are seeking help for your homosexual condition. I know of several Psychiatrists who unhomo people.
Psychological academic groups are liberals with agendas. They will say and do anything to make people happy.
I talked to my friend , Ron White today, he looked at your posts. He told me not to try, stupid is forever. Does it hurt you to be that dang stupid. Does stupid make your head hurt?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump reacts to Flynn's guilty plea by slamming... 3 min ardith 121
News White House: FBI records show 'extreme bias' ag... 4 min Hah_ 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min JCPete 1,658,851
News Female candidate quits Kansas race over 2005 ha... 14 min Red Crosse 2
News Trump slams FBI chiefs while vowing he's - more... 19 min ardith 4
News Democrats silent on whether Trump should resign... 19 min Retribution 49
News Immigration Groups Push Congress to Protect Dre... 37 min Quirky 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 47 min Repub Family Values 47,084
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Frindly 14,963
News Trump should resign amid sexual assault claims:... 1 hr Theocraencyclical 62
News Forged documents falsely accuse Chuck Schumer o... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 30
More from around the web