Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61405 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32468 Mar 4, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>
Noun 1. polygamist - someone who is married to two or more people at the same time
That's not your buddy Sheepie's definition. His is "Polygamy is legal mass child rape" Yell at him too.
1 post removed
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32470 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is very unforgiving and there are no guarantees. But the Universe has a built in solution to the "Law of Accident". Just look at how many sperm you produce each time there is an ejaculation! Just look at the number of beings who live on the surface of the planet earth. And just look at all the stars in the sky. The Universe does not put all its eggs in one basket. So if we blow ourselves up it does not matter to the scheme of things. It matters to us, but that is about all.
I know some animals produce billions of possible offspring and only one survives.Sometimes none. I am not anti abortion. But I see it for what it is. Killing. I think abortion should be safe, legal and VERY RARE.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#32471 Mar 4, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
With the laws that apply to everyone? Duh.
This is the USA you big dope. You can't discriminate like that. Ban only one group to solve a problem that exists in all groups.
A polygamists has the same ability to marry one child as young as 13 y/o as any one else.

ALL groups are banned from marrying MORE than one child as young as 13 y/o.

That's equal treatment.

And yet you have consistently REFUSED to support a law banning ANY adult from marrying ANY child under age 18 for ANY reason.

Are you finally ready to support such a law?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32472 Mar 4, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>
Until 2008 the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints practiced child marriage through the concept of "spiritual marriage" as soon as girls were ready to bear children, as part of its polygamy practice, but laws have raised the age of legal marriage in response to criticism of the practice.[131] In 2008 the Church changed its policy in the United States to no longer marry individuals younger than the local legal age.[132][133] In 2007 church leader Warren Jeffs was convicted of being an accomplice to statutory rape of a minor due to arranging a marriage between a 14-year-old girl and a 19-year-old man.[134] In March 2008 officials of the state of Texas believed that children at the Yearning For Zion Ranch were being married to adults and were being abused
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage
Vadya Sri tells the story of her forced marriage, which happened more than 25 years ago.(Sarah Fournier for Al Jazeera America)

“Forced marriage” sounds so outlandish, distant, exotic, foreign. But when a team of young grad students went out to look around in this country, they found plenty. Forced marriage, in America. In corners of American Muslim communities. Hindu communities. Ultra-orthodox Jewish communities. Young women, typically, forced into marriages they do not want. With men they barely know. Under all kinds of pressure and leverage. And very little American law to protect them. Al Jazeera America has published their exposé. This hour On Point: Forced marriage in America.

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/02/03/forced-mar...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32473 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making distinctions where they do not exist. When you go to the baths is everyone there your spiritual sex partner?
Poof daddy is straight ~rolling eyes~
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32474 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you being so picky about this non-issue?
He thinks it's a plot against SSM.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32475 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Polygamists are in the same boat as gays & lesbians were in 1965. Will they make the same mistakes we made? If they follow your advice they most certainly will.
They haven't asked for my advice. If they do and I really really doubt it, I'll give em your playbook for sure.

Location hidden

#32476 Mar 4, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO, I am sure he will also say that's in the UK. Wonder what he will say when I post the stuff about the US?
What Frankie refuses to talk about is that the only groups of people that want polygamy are the Muslims and Fundie Mormons, the very same groups that are guilty of forced under age marriage
I just realized I made a mistake in believing you were trying to have an honest conversation with Frankie.[Sorry Frankie!!!]

It is irrelevant as to who wants polygamy, the only thing that is relevant are the three or more who wish to engage in it.

You are still to caught up in your revenge that you can not make a distinction between an arranged marriage that is forced on a minor and one where peaceful adults consent to polygamy.

You need to deal with this HUGE issue or else you are just trolling and harassing, just like you always have when you do not understand something.

What is the difference between an arranged marriage and a mutually consented to one?

What is the difference between a forced marriage and one entered into voluntarily?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32477 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the new and improved Poof. Now Frankie needs to add
7 Polygamy deserves the same respect as gay marriage and traditional marriage.
A) True
B) False
Lemme guess Poof's response. "NO NO NO! Polygamy BAD!!! Deserves no respect! SSM Good! Much respect!"

The he'll give you sheepies legalized mass little girl rape schtick.

And that is disrespect at it's very finest!

Location hidden

#32478 Mar 4, 2014
What is the difference between an arranged marriage and a mutually consented to one?

What is the difference between a forced marriage and one entered into voluntarily?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#32479 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, society gets to decide what our rights are.
And if there is conflict between differing segments of society, then the judges decide which side is right.
No, the secular Constitution decides what is right.

Location hidden

#32480 Mar 4, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I have read that. Rather twisted if you ask me
If it isn't gay you find it twisted. This is not news.

Eccles 1:15, DRB, The perverse are hard to be corrected, and the number of fools is infinite.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32481 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Vadya Sri tells the story of her forced marriage, which happened more than 25 years ago.(Sarah Fournier for Al Jazeera America)
“Forced marriage” sounds so outlandish, distant, exotic, foreign. But when a team of young grad students went out to look around in this country, they found plenty. Forced marriage, in America. In corners of American Muslim communities. Hindu communities. Ultra-orthodox Jewish communities. Young women, typically, forced into marriages they do not want. With men they barely know. Under all kinds of pressure and leverage. And very little American law to protect them. Al Jazeera America has published their exposé. This hour On Point: Forced marriage in America.
http://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/02/03/forced-mar...
Poof and Sheeples are only concerned when polygamists do it.
Their solution to forced monogamy? Ban polygamy.

Location hidden

#32482 Mar 4, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a gay man who opposes redefining marriage, a "homophobe"?
I answered that in what you replied to. A homophobe is a man who has homosexuality in him and hates that it is there.

Someone who opposes "redefining marriage" is someone who does not understand that the original definition was wrong from the beginning. The self anointed do not get to force their definitions, beliefs and other nonsense on the rest of us.

If I want to marry my two gold fish, Mona and Poof it is none of your business.

Location hidden

#32483 Mar 4, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is my point. Poof Daddy too. And others. They are the same as the people they complain about. The SAME.
And silly me, I thought Poof Daddy had changed and was trying to discuss the issues with you but I was wrong. They are EXACTLY the same as the homophobes who waltz in here to make gay people feel bad about themselves, Exactly!

Location hidden

#32484 Mar 4, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The government has an interest in conjugal marriage for because sex between men and women makes babies. Or to put it another way, the merging of the male and female genitals. That's what that means.
Yes the perverts in Congress are interested in our sex lives, but there is no legitimate interest, just their perverted interests which involve the use of force, control and micromanaging.
Poof

Madison, WI

#32485 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you being so picky about this non-issue?
Non issue? Look buttercup, explain that a " spiritual marriage" is not a legal marriage to Paco

Location hidden

#32486 Mar 4, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
It is AN insult......that's why the lawsuits because if one's opposite-sex legal marriage is recognized....then so should one's Same-Sex legal marriage!!!
Whether the State and Federal Governments should or shouldn't get out of the marriage business is really irrelevant........what they need to do is treat a legal marriage the same regardless of the gender make-up!!!
We are in agreement, you sound like you are trying to convince me of what I said. But I disagree on the second part, it was big government that prevented you from exercising your rights so we can't ignore the elephant in the room. Government must be made smaller and getting it out of the marriage business so you are an individual instead of a woman, a lesbian etc etc etc, so the Government can't grant and take away privileges, which is something it LOVES to do.

You are much better off being an individual in the eyes of the government than a woman and a lesbian. Just as I am better being an individual instead of a father, male and heterosexual. If the government sees us both the same, as two individuals, why should I have more tax breaks than you do? As individuals we should have everything the same. You should not pay more taxes because you live with a woman instead of a man and you do not have children. Nor should you be kicked out of say, a hospital, because you married a woman instead of a man.

The all powerful government likes to micromanage all our lives and they do not need to know that you are female and I am male, that you are short and I am tall,[for instance] or that you have a darker or lighter skin color than I do. None of this should be important to the government it is only important to criminals and con-artists who exist to rob us blind.
K0rnh0lio Patr0l

San Antonio, TX

#32487 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered that in what you replied to. A homophobe is a man who has homosexuality in him and hates that it is there.
Someone who opposes "redefining marriage" is someone who does not understand that the original definition was wrong from the beginning. The self anointed do not get to force their definitions, beliefs and other nonsense on the rest of us.
If I want to marry my two gold fish, Mona and Poof it is none of your business.
This is very in-depth. I'm still trying to get past a grown man being excited about fellating another man to the point of climax and wanting to consummate this supposed act of love with marriage. To suggest that this behavior is somehow normal is incredible. Moreover, the image of a grown man with a faces semi-spackled with fresh bits of feces smiling for approval from his mate is rather sick. Please try to explain your way past this.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32488 Mar 4, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
It is AN insult......that's why the lawsuits because if one's opposite-sex legal marriage is recognized....then so should one's Same-Sex legal marriage!!!
It's insulting to argue the two relationships are equatable. The notion of a "same sex" marriage is not only contradictory considering the basis of marriage, the male female union, in not only American marital jurisprudence, but in Western Civilization, as well. It's analogy to if we recognize female lesbians, we must recognize male ones. To do otherwise is "insulting". They're not the same, in form and function.
Whether the State and Federal Governments should or shouldn't get out of the marriage business is really irrelevant.......
Not necessarily. If Federal judges are going to order state to redefine marriage, to prohibit them from constitutionally defining marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife, he definition of marriage since before the birth of the Republic, then the state has every right to forgo recognition of marriage all together.
.what they need to do is treat a legal marriage the same regardless of the gender make-up!!!
But they're NOT THE SAME!!! A man is not a woman, or vice versa. Their union create something that a same sex union cannot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 2 min gwww 115
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 7 min Ronald 90
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Susanm 1,402,949
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 10 min Chilli J 974
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dale 219,242
News Pundit cites 'Dora the Explorer' to criticize K... 11 min BabyDoll 3
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 16 min USA Number One 10,338
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Cornelius Scudmister 232,733
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min Yeah 390,968
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr WasteWater 5,233
News Christie on Trumpa s plan to fire feds faster a... 3 hr Donald Trump is a... 46
More from around the web