Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61362 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#32548 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
This has all been explained to you numerous times. You are just like Sheepie, in fact you and sheepie are most likely one and the same. You are incapable of understanding sound argument and it is a waste of time to reply to you any further.
We accept your white flag of surrender.
Poof

Madison, WI

#32549 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know of any of your posts being deleted but it would be despicable for a gay person to do that to someone who supports gay rights and gay marriage. And can you tell any difference between Poof and Sheepie? I now believe they are one and the same. I'll bet that they or it has about 35 different nics here in Topix.
I wouldn't worry about it because it usually takes Topix 3 days to get around to deleting a post and who is reading something from 3 days ago anyway. If you post it it gets read and replied to so in all practical terms it really has no effect except to frustrate you. And like I said, few remember what was said 3 days ago.
Do only Gay's and lesbian's support LBGT rights? What makes you think that I am Gay? Are you trying to pigeon hole me , because I support LGBT rights? If I am gay, as you seem to claim, does that somehow lessen my justifiable stance towards polygamy?

Frankies posts are removed due to his actions. No one other than Frankie can control what he posts.

If Frankie could control his temper and refrain from calling people nasty names then he would not be removed. If Frankie could contain himself and maintain the topic of each thread that he posts on then the Moderators wouldn't remove his posts. On more than one occasion, a thread that pertains to polygamy has been started for Frankie to post on.

If you have not noticed the forum that you are in is labeled the Gay/Lesbian Forum , Not Frankies Polygamy Forum

Have you read the topic of this thread?

Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Do you see polygamy any where in that statement?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32550 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bad thing. The government responded to the voters demands and gay marriage was made illegal.
The government responded to voter demands that marriage be constitutionally defined as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife.
If Government operated within the confines of the Constitution your rights would never be voted on.
A definition was voted on, the same one that existed before the vote.
You would be as free as every other individuals to marry the person of your choice,
One can without government recognition, or involvement.
there would be no male, female,
Men and women would still exist.
gay or straight.
Modern sexual identity labels are irrelevant.
All individuals have the right to form their own unions with any other peaceful consenting adult who wishes to become involved.
They do without government recognition, or involvement.
There should be one law for everyone, not one for straights and another for gays. Or one for whites and another for blacks.
There is! and it applies to all men! and all women! equally.
Whe the government responds to voters demands that is a democracy and we do not live in a democracy we live in a Constitutional Republic where the majority does not have the right to violate the rights of the minorities.
No right was violated, the voters voted to constitutionally define marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32551 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet polygamous group marriage remains illegal in the US.
It's not illegal, it's simply not legally recognized.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32552 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't.
I've always said that if the overwhelming majority of society supports polygamous group marriage, then polygamous group marriage will be legal.
Until then, it won't.
The "overwhelming majority of society support" is not necessary in a federal judicial imposed SSM world.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32553 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact it is an abomination for the bitch to do so.
Could be. I don't care much about Bronze Age terminology. I will just call that behavior abusive and malicious. No matter what side of the Bible you are on, it doesn't really fly either.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32554 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ready for the federal judge in Oregon to overturn your marriage ban next month?
Will you jump off the McCullough bridge into Coos Bay?
Gay marriage coming soon to your state too!!!!
Indeed. Let the whining begin.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32555 Mar 4, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, seeing as there is NO such thing as "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" marriage......his as well as your opinions are IRRELEVANT!!!
There's conjugal marriage, and same sex marriage, two different relationships.
The primary role of Government is to NOT pass laws that infringe on the rights of American Citizens.
The same right to marry, applied to all men and all women, regardless of modern self professed sexual identity labels. It is the same today, as it was ten years ago, twenty, thirty, fifty, seventy, plus years ago.
....which is what DOMA was all about.....infringing on the rights of Gay and Lesbian American Citizens!!!
What about the rights of bisexual American citizens?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#32556 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
But the majority decides what rights are rights by the people they elect to appoint & confirm the judges who ultimately decide.
A judge don said that a Kentucky law that says that marriage is between mens and womens is rong and that gays and lesbians should be able to marry up with each other. The governor wants to challange the judge. The attorney Gerald don cried in public and said that he is fer same sex marriage. What a mess.

The Dimocrats is after votes. Most of them xept our governor will do enythang to git votes. Even if the people votes like done in Californie a Dimocrate judge will overturn it. If we elects a bunch of Republicants and they amend the constitution they judges will overturn that. The Dimocrats nose that them gays and lesbians will all vote fer them if they pushes this marry up thang. It is the same thang as Obomer pushing the 10 doller minamum wage or mouthing thangs about the black kid what was killed. He knows that the working poor and the black will vote democratic. We ain't got no democracy. You is gonna git your marriage thang. But you still is a gay. Marriage ain't gonna change that. Live your life and keep private stuff private.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32557 Mar 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where ever you got that from it is an interesting article. So, there is no polygamy in all of America. And people are living exactly the same as if polygamy was legal. In other words the laws against polygamy don't work to stop people from living AS IF they were married, the only difference is the government won't give them the paperwork. The law does not stop polygamy so the law doesn't work. Laws don't work, You claim they do, just on paperwork perhaps but not out in the real world.
Bravo Rev! I read that twice....well put.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#32558 Mar 4, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There's conjugal marriage, and same sex marriage, two different relationships.
<quoted text>
The same right to marry, applied to all men and all women, regardless of modern self professed sexual identity labels. It is the same today, as it was ten years ago, twenty, thirty, fifty, seventy, plus years ago.
<quoted text>
What about the rights of bisexual American citizens?
That is the thang with this marriage thang. Them liberal judges and them Dimocrats wants to change the meening of the word marriage. They wants to make it meen what they wants it to meen. What if my hand was jealous of my foot and he wanted to be the same as a foot. Could he start calling my foots hands. Naw he could not. You can't change what is to somethang else. Let them gays and lesbanes have all the rites that they is crying fer. Let them hook up and call it somethang else. Better yit, throw out the word marriage and let all them that wants to hookup call it what ever they wants.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#32559 Mar 4, 2014
Ravianna wrote:
I agree with Ted Cruz, the government should stop meddling in "same-sex marriage". The primary role of government is law enforcement, it has no right to force an abomination on us.
You do know that if gay marriage becomes legal you don't actually have to GET gay married, right?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32560 Mar 4, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy is still ILLEGAL and can be prosecuted if one tries or does legally marry another person.....
It is legal, it's simply not legally recognized through the issuance of multiple concurrent marriage licenses.
what is NOT illegal is to cohabitant with more than someone other than your legal spouse in Utah!!!
It is legal to live as husband wife, wife, wife, and wife, without government recognition, or involvement. Polygamy is a valid form of marriage through time and place.
Until a lawsuit has been brought challenging Reynolds vs The United States and is overturned by SCOTUS..
Actually all that would be needed is for state to legally recognize some form of plural/polygamous marriage, perhaps preceded by a successful lawsuit. The SCOTUS decision on DOMA would force the Feds to recognize it.
.....polygamy will remain illegal!!!
Sigh....it's perfectly legal, it's simply not legally recognized.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32561 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Now hold your breath & clench your fists & stomp up and down!
I love seeing the anti-gays get all bent out of shape because they know they're losing.
The state can declare an apple an orange, but that doesn't suddenly make the apple a citrus fruit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#32562 Mar 4, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not illegal, it's simply not legally recognized.
In this country eny body can shack up with enybody. Enybody can shack up with a bunch of other people. It could be one man and three womens. It could be three mens. It could be two mens and two womens. It could be half dozen lesbanes. Mens and womens what ain't married can have as many kids as they wants. We dose try to protact kids, but if they don't tell people can do as they plase.

So no two gays is denaid going at it in eny way that they wants. And if they don't talk about it no body cares. It is them rites that they claims that them gays wants. But they gotta have it called marriage. It ain't about marriage. It is all about what they dose to each other and wanting to be thought of as normal that they is after. They hopes that one day a lot of mens what ain't gay will git married fer them rites, I reckon. Then they thank that ever body will be the same. They won't be.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32563 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Close enough for me to agree with you for once.
Whoa! Did I just read that correctly? The devil must be shivering.
And if the majority of people decide they don't want same-sex couples to marry, they'll elect Representatives to the Congress and their state legislatures who will pass & then ratify an amendment to the US Constitution.
Ultimately the power resides in the people in that respect. Good point Sheepie.
Unless that happens, it's up to the courts to decide if the constitutional right to marry includes same-sex couples.
Or if the definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife is constitutional, as some courts have maintained.
I think we both know how that's going to end, even if you can't publicly admit it.
It's possible it will become legal nationwide....but I sense there's a few surprises on the horizon. Maybe the Oklahoma proposal not to recognize marriage at all will spread to other states.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32564 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps they'll declare the moon is made of cheese.
Provolone?
If they do, then they do.
Either way, it won't be the end of the world.
Life will go on.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#32565 Mar 4, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The state can declare an apple an orange, but that doesn't suddenly make the apple a citrus fruit.
I don said the same thang. Them gays wants to change what the word marriage meens. They wants it to meen what they wants it to meen. Like I said, If my hand was jealous of my foot would calling my foot a hand make them the same. Naw. Neither will changing the meening of marriage make gays and lesbanes the same as normal people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32566 Mar 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the laws against polygamy prevent the taxpayer from having to support multiple legal spouses.
Yet the taxpayers still support non legally recognized spouses, and baby's mamas. In that respect it make more sense for them or to seek legal recognition, as long as the government is going to foot the bill.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#32567 Mar 4, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa! Did I just read that correctly? The devil must be shivering.
<quoted text>
Ultimately the power resides in the people in that respect. Good point Sheepie.
<quoted text>
Or if the definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife is constitutional, as some courts have maintained.
<quoted text>
It's possible it will become legal nationwide....but I sense there's a few surprises on the horizon. Maybe the Oklahoma proposal not to recognize marriage at all will spread to other states.
When two gays marry up is one of them a wife and one of them a husband? Dose they change about so that some time one of them is a husband and the other one is the wife? Same thang with lesbanes. Or how about this. Can there be two husbands if they both is prissy can both of them be wives. Dose they ever dress up and make like they is what they ain't?

What if one of them gays really thanks that he is a woman in a man's body. Is the other feller what dose it to him really a gay?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Verizon, AT&T to end location data sales to bro... 4 min Jackie 1
News Nearly 70 children being taken from families at... 4 min Say What 74
News Trump's land of delusion 14 min Quirky 722
News REFILE-UPDATE 7-White House defends immigration... 16 min ardith 8
News Trump again blames Dems for forced separation o... 18 min ardith 124
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 19 min Quivering Lip Lib... 87,529
News Melania Trump says US should govern - with hear... 31 min Say What 263
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr VetnorsGate 1,780,745
News Nancy Pelosi blasts 'the hypocrisy of all peopl... 1 hr Day Fart 190