Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61392 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#32042 Mar 2, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am from Kentucky where gay marriage is illegal. People from Kentucky have sense enough to know how to prevent the spread of AIDS
So preventing gays & lesbians from marrying somehow prevents the spread of AIDS?

Care to explain how?

I'm sure the medical community would be interested to hear about your breakthrough.

One question though- Gays & lesbians WERE banned from marrying anywhere in the country before 2004 and yet that didn't prevent the spread of AIDS in the US or anywhere else in the world. What changed?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32043 Mar 2, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract, silly.
You didn't understand what he was saying. It wasn't silly at all. If you could understand it you would see it would benefit you and all gay people.

Tawas City, Michigan

#32044 Mar 2, 2014
Jim Beam wrote:
This debate about men having perverted sex with other men and then saying their in love with each other is absolutely stupid. All they are really in love with is perversion and debauchery. I suggest that if the 1.7% of the population that queer for each other wants to continue to do that, why don't they go to some country in Africa and have at it and leave us normal people alone. I think most Americans would gladly chip in for transportation to get these queer people out of our lives.
So it's only the man-on-man sex you have a problem with?

Woman-on-woman is okay??

Yeah, like that's not a tell...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32045 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the Sopranos episode where Tony wanted to buy this house on the water but someone bet him to it? He pulled his boat up 50 feet behind their house and blared Frank 24/7 until they had enough! Damn that was a great show.
I think they played Summer Wind.
Ahhhhhh....yes....I do remember it, but they played Dino.

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#32046 Mar 2, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you forget this is the USA?
Did you forget your manners or did your mother not teach you any?

Location hidden

#32047 Mar 2, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear..... Brain damage is a birth defect. Is that your excuse?
Bad answer, that is the kind of thing a Cyber bully would write.

Tawas City, Michigan

#32048 Mar 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Just thoughtfully giving you a heads up that getting all 50 states won't change reality.
Actually it does.

Location hidden

#32049 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He is active on other threads now violating the hell out of Danth's Law and Godwin's Law among his usual pack of lies and his narcissism is in full flareup mode.
Sheepie GOOD!
Frankie BAD! ANTIGAY!!
SSM GOOD!
Polygamy BAD!
I should have gone to church with my girlfriend. She's silly like that. I won't go but sometimes I think I should just for her. I always plan to but...
The roof would fall in if I walked in I tell her. I don't wanna be responsible for 100ish dead Catholics. Old St Peter would have a field day with me.
I go to church when they are having a BBQ or a pot luck. Screw those coffee and donuts things. Damn, those Baptists can cook!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32050 Mar 2, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course unrelated consenting adult couples should be able to marry.
I've never said they shouldn't.
Why only couples? Why unrelated? We allow first cousins to marry in many states.

P.S. Remember when you said why only opposite sex? I do. I was saying it too because I support marriage equality. You stopped short. Now you don't support marriage equality because you got yours and you don't like the people who would like theirs.

Location hidden

#32051 Mar 2, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You are out of touch with reality. But we expect that from Oklahoma.
Blame everyone in the State because of one person you can't refute. Not nice Xbreath. Not nice.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32052 Mar 2, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are truly concerned about AIDS, then you would support gay marriage, which naturally promotes monogamy, which naturally reduces the spread of all STD's.
Otherwise you're a hypocrite.
How does gay (male) marriage "naturally promotes monogamy"? So two men are going to suddenly be monogamous, as opposed to "monogamish", because the state declares their emotional sexual relationship "marriage"?

Tawas City, Michigan

#32053 Mar 2, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
homosexuals think by wining the marriage battle they will win the war. traditional marriage was the glue of society. With its demise goes the demise of society.
Oh, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.....

You moronic bigots said the same thing when inter-racial couples could marry.

Location hidden

#32054 Mar 2, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicken Little and Henny Penny are one and the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henny_Penny
Thank you for explaining that.

Just like Jesus and Satan are the same thing.{ask me and I'll post it} tee hee.
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#32055 Mar 2, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract, silly.
Change the name and everyone will be happy. States will be out of the marrying business. It's just too simple, no one would have anything to whine about.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32056 Mar 2, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That in no way substantiated the initial claim.
Which was what again? So many posts, so little time.

Location hidden

#32057 Mar 2, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It effects everyone's marriage.
Homosexuality is un-natural, un-healthy and is bad for society as a whole
Liar. Homophobia is unnatural, unhealthy and is bad for all individuals.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32058 Mar 2, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhhh....yes....I do remember it, but they played Dino.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Acch! Old timers memory. Dean Martin!

Boy I loved that show. Check the name of Tony's boat- Stugots! I grew up around those guys.
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#32059 Mar 2, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a stupid reply. Of course it goes both ways. You know what is best for you and she knows what is best for her. This is third grade kind of stuff. Let's move on.
It makes your argument moot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32060 Mar 2, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Sinatra rules.
Bravo! There's hope for you yet.:)

Tawas City, Michigan

#32061 Mar 2, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Comrade Sheepie should be thanking you for reminding him what he is talking about. No wonder he changes his mind every three days, he just can't remember what he said were his deeply held opinions that long ago in the past. In three days he'll need you to tell him again.
And in 3 days polygamy will still be illegal.

And 3 days after that polygamy will still be illegal.

And 3 days after that polygamy will still be illegal.

Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 2 min Tm Cln 8,622
News 'Climate change musical' is cited as tax waste ... 6 min UMoronRACEUMAKEWO... 39
News Democrats focus on voting rights to fight Trump... 8 min Ms Sassy 75
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min JRB 1,536,409
News Notre Dame graduates walk out on Pence as he to... 10 min Churchlady 189
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Justified Pain 240,952
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 21 min Alt Right Lies 2,811
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 45 min Justified Pain 270,680
News James Comey fired as FBI director 3 hr Russian amb Grope... 2,917
News New 'Blue Lives Matter' laws raise concerns amo... 4 hr UMoronRACEUMAKEWO... 47
More from around the web