Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61393 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#28394 Feb 16, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing they aren't talking about moral issues then...
Looks like morals are highly subjective. Here are some great Biblical morals.

Genesis 7:23 He killed, intentionally, every man, woman, and child on the planet save eight of them.

Genesis 38:10 God murders Onan for refusing to commit incest with his sister in law.

God punishes children for the sins of their fathers, unto the third and fourth generations. Punishing a child for the sins of their ancestors is not very just. Exodus 20:5&34:7

Leviticus 20:9-10 God commands death for cursing out ones parents and death for adultery.

Handicapped people must not approach the altar. Leviticus 21:16-23

Deuteronomy 3:3-7 God ordered Moses’ army to “utterly destroy” 60 cities, killing all the women and children within!

"All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

Oh really? This is all the inspired word of God?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#28395 Feb 16, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Homosexuality is perfectly normal for some people? Aren't you carrying this moral relativism too far? Is murder perfectly normal for some people? Is rape perfectly normal for some people? Is every perversion and moral failing perfectly normal for some people? That is where your type of reasoning will get you.
Murder & rape harms innocent people.

Homosexuality harms no one.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#28396 Feb 16, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are normal in the same sense that heterosexuals and bisexuals are normal.
One doesn't choose to be or remain heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual - one simply is a homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual.
Glad to help.
And, seriously, this is going horribly for you.
No, homosexuals are not normal. The biological part is obvious. The psychological part is not so much, but if you weren't just stuck on an anal fixation I could show you how I reach MY conclusions. Yours is simply an effort to intrude on people's personal space to the point where they give in rather than kill you and go to jail. That won't stand. When it comes down, it will be a dark time, but that's what your POS party pushed on us.
Tony C

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#28397 Feb 16, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell no! Deviant impulses are one of the best things about life.
<quoted text>
Normal, like this?
'Snake Salvation' Pastor Dies From Snakebite
http://abcnews.go.com/US/snake-salvation-past...
Well that was bound to happen. At least he stuck to his stupid and refused help because "if'n ya git bit, it's God's will." I guess he was just a dirty sinner.

People need to be protected from their stupid. Ban this scam "church."

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#28398 Feb 16, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Sates have to follow the 14 Amendment and apply a law equitably to the classifications concerned by the law. That is, if the pertinent classification is opposite-sex couples, then the state has to apply the marriage law to all qualifying opposite-sex couples. For example, the law cannot discriminate between same-race opposite-sex couples and different-race opposite-sex couples. However, same gender couples are not included in the classification, so there is no discriminatory prejudice against them.
(I don't expect you to understand any of that what with you being an idiot an all)
The 14th Amendment doesn't mention couples, it mentions all persons.
A man can marry a woman, so a woman should also be able to.
A woman can marry a man, so a man should also be able to.
Try again.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#28399 Feb 16, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
I'm just returning the love in the same manner it was sent.
So the hate speech you spewed is really the other persons fault. Is that it?

Location hidden

#28400 Feb 16, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Homosexuality is perfectly normal for some people? Aren't you carrying this moral relativism too far? Is murder perfectly normal for some people? Is rape perfectly normal for some people? Is every perversion and moral failing perfectly normal for some people? That is where your type of reasoning will get you.
No. If God didn't want homosexuals, God would not have created them in the first place.

Perhaps homosexuals are here to test you Charlie. So far you are failing miserably.

Murder is a straw man fallacy. People commit murder for all kinds of reasons. Has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. Same thing with rape. Both are non-consensual acts. Homosexuality is simply a state of being. To slander people for who they are is a really mean-spirited thing to do which goes against scripture. Your horrible behavior is a perfect example of moral failure Charlie. You should repent.

Los Angeles, CA

#28401 Feb 16, 2014
wasp wrote:
Lets stop pretending that what these reprobates are doing close to normal. They are deranged perverts and we all know it. They make most normal people sick, as in pucking their guts out, thinking about a man swallowing another mans cum ,,,,,,,,,,
Hey, quit thinking about it.
Problem solved.

anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#28402 Feb 16, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? You're still stuck way back there? In 2014? When most of the population has already caught up?
You need a remedial gay class.
Here's the deal: homosexuals are normal because they occur normally and randomly throughout every race of human and as far as we know, most of the animal kingdom. It is simply a statistical minority variation of birth, like red hair, left-handedness, or six toes.
"Choosing to remain homosexual" is not a choice because in order to make a choice, you have to have more than one option. You cannot choose to stop being a homosexual. You may choose to be celibate, but then you would be a celibate homosexual. You cannot choose otherwise.
Next.
Epileptics occur normally and randomly throughout every race of humanity and the animal kingdom. Yes, this was posted on this forum, probably back a year or more.

Wow! You need a remedial Darwin class. Better not though. You may decide to jump out a window, thinking you'll sprout pretty butterfly wings.

Location hidden

#28403 Feb 16, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's a good plan....
You anti-gay idiots just keep coming up with more stupidity.
Yes they sure do sitting high in their ivory towers.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#28404 Feb 16, 2014
Massachusetts Same Sex Marriage consequences. A blueprint for states considering legal SSM in their states.

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/marriage/e...

http://www.frc.org/issuebrief/the-top-ten-har...

Los Angeles, CA

#28405 Feb 16, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
There is also research taking place seeking the cause of homosexuality. Once it is found, a cure can be developed, and those two lesbians won't need to conceive without a need of sperm from a man. They will become normal women and conceive normally. Won't that be great? Wouldn't you like to see everyone become normal and well-functioning?
Normal like this?
""Snake Salvation" Pastor dies from snakebite"
http://abcnews.go.com/US/snake-salvation-past...

Two words:
Darwin Award
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#28406 Feb 16, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The 14th Amendment doesn't mention couples, it mentions all persons.
A man can marry a woman, so a woman should also be able to.
A woman can marry a man, so a man should also be able to.
Try again.
The entire Constitution does not mention marriage. In its interpretation of the 14th Amendment, the courts traditionally decide to include race, religion and sex in their interpretations because the ambiguity of the 14th allows absurd interpretations otherwise. Those categories are specifically addressed in at least one part of the Constitution so they get status.

The other part of the 14th's traditional interpretation is that it does NOT guarantee equality, only opportunity. In this case, if a woman has a right to marry a man and a man has a right to marry a woman, than justice is served. No gays in the Constitution. No promise to allow every nutjob the right to claim 14th Amendment status.

Rose, we've been through this a thousand times. It's just another example of those REAL arguments against gay marriage that you think you you can play the Red Queen,@hit your opinion on them and POOF! they magically disappear. They don't! Nobody is going anywhere just because you say so!

Grow up already!

Los Angeles, CA

#28407 Feb 16, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And what sort of condition would you consider "controlling" my heterosexuality? You really need to think before you post your boorish diatribes.
What did you mean when you said "controlling" ones homosexuality?
Tony C

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#28408 Feb 16, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> Epileptics occur normally and randomly throughout every race of humanity and the animal kingdom. Yes, this was posted on this forum, probably back a year or more.
Wow! You need a remedial Darwin class. Better not though. You may decide to jump out a window, thinking you'll sprout pretty butterfly wings.
I guess you thought you made a point?

Yes, Epileptics are normal, too. And they have equal rights like every other American citizen.

So your point was...

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#28409 Feb 16, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Does rape and murder harm someone? Does consensual sex harm the participates? They AREN'T the same and for you to make this comment shows just how much of an idiot you are!!!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#28410 Feb 16, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You fundies lie and claim you want government out of your lives.
-
And gay sex perverts want government in their lives. That is what marriage will do. Get government involved.
-
What is and isn't "perverted" is just a matter of taste.
-
It isn't a matter of taste. That is the sort of completely thoughtless comment that we have all come to expect of you. What is and isn't perverted is measured according to some ideal, and homosexuality is a deviation that fails that ideal.
-
But you want the government to determine what is and isn't perverted.
Should the government also determine who is and isn't handsome?
-
The government doesn't need to determine what is and isn't perverted because that has already been established as a civilizational norm. In our civilization, the societal norm and ideal is a man and a woman united in a lifelong bond in which they will raise the children born to them. And deviancy from this ideal and norm is a perversion of those things.

Los Angeles, CA

#28411 Feb 16, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Rose No "HO", you are a hypocrite. Everyone knows that you have no respect for God's word, or attribute to it any credibility.
Here's the difference, "god's word" is a bunch of absurd Bronze Age myth and superstition. I don't claim to respect it. You do. That makes you the hypocrite, not me.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#28412 Feb 16, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
We're also have the right to marry a member of the same sex, just like you do.
Not in my state. I don't lose sleep over that. I want my money though. If I get an inheritance, I shouldn't have to pay a windfall tax while married people don't. Equal protection and all that jazz, you know!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#28413 Feb 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Massachusetts Same Sex Marriage consequences. A blueprint for states considering legal SSM in their states.
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/marriage/e...
http://www.frc.org/issuebrief/the-top-ten-har...
Nothing like ANTI-GAY rhetoric......sad!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min NO CROOKED HILLAR... 225,148
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 214,579
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Agents of Corruption 384,443
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 min LarryV 8,672
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,383,825
News California water bill has three possible paths ... 6 min Three Psyche 2
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 11 min Joe 1,532
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 17 min Nopal 1,082
News Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina g... 1 hr Yuppiedink in Yor... 133
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 1 hr californio 1,061
More from around the web