Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#26213 Feb 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
But do tell me what changed when polygamy was made illegal by busybodies in our government?
Less children could be legally sexually abuse by their "husband".
2 posts removed

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#26216 Feb 9, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! I voted you up, but the gay bullies here seem to have us outnumbered.
Normal intelligent people who can think and use reason have you outnumbered.

Tawas City, Michigan

#26217 Feb 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Asked and answered. It is insanity saying the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time.
Sure I can say consenting adults and you can red herring it into child rape. Go ahead, I can't stop you, all I can do is point out your insanity and laugh at you with Frankie.
Laugh all you want, but it's not going to get polygamy legalized.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#26218 Feb 9, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY, you FINALLY got one right.
There is only marriage, which now includes same-sex couples.
Maybe your mangina fire sparked a bit of sanity in your brain.
If that's the case, you should SET IT ON FIRE AGAIN!!!!
Burn mangina, burn!!!
That's why I gave him a gold star.......for getting one thing right......lol!!!

Location hidden

#26219 Feb 9, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
When males homosexuals engage in sodomy, what they really want is a vagina. What they want is a man with a vagina. How weird is that?
For lesbians, it is just as obvious that they want a penis, since they use artificial ones.
Is it any wonder that they are classified as perverts?
When you engage in insults in gay groups what you really want is to bottom and for a man to top you. How weird is that? Is it any wonder you are classified as reprobates?

Tawas City, Michigan

#26220 Feb 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the opposite 3 days ago.
Except of course I didn't.

You obviously can comprehend basic English.

I've NEVER said children are adults just because the state allows their parents to give consent for them to marry.

YOU made that assertion.

Either learn to read better, or lie less.

Tawas City, Michigan

#26221 Feb 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Another red herring Comrade Sheepie.
YOU are the moron who claimed a baker was forced to bake a cake.

I'm simply asking you for that baker's name.

If it's "another red herring", then why did you bring it up in the first place?

Tawas City, Michigan

#26222 Feb 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No big deal, my kids know how to defend themselves and how to say no. They also know how to say yes! I didn't raise any sissy Mary's like your parents did.
Don't you ever run out of red herrings?
Hey, I'm just applying YOUR anarchist rules.

It doesn't matter if they say no or not; there is always someone with a bigger gun who will take what they want.

Tawas City, Michigan

#26223 Feb 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
When Comrade Sheepie, our resident sheep-o-phile reads the words "consenting adults" something magical happens in his pea sized micro brain, he believes "child rape".
This is what we say, "Consenting adults blah blah blah and what Sheepie sees is"Child rape blah blah blah".
Do you know that Comrade Sheepies favorite color is plaid?
Actually my favorite colors are red, white, and blue.

Tawas City, Michigan

#26224 Feb 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly would like to see Comrade Sheepie our resident sheep-o-phile get a grip, a grip on reality and leave all his red herrings in their tank where they belong. But it won't happen.
Because of the psychological law called "the law of often repeated acts". Sheepie has presented so many red herrings so many times it is all he can do now, because it is all he knows how to do any more. They say you can't teach a dog new tricks and clearly you can't teach a sheep-o-phile new tricks either.
He has no other option but to keep posting his red herrings. But we can still laugh at him, right?
Laugh all you want, it won't get polygamy legalized.

Location hidden

#26225 Feb 9, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay! That's too funny! LOLOLOLOLOL!!
If you found that funny you'll find this hilarious!

Deut. 23:1-2 "He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. A bastard shall not enter ..."

2 Kings 18:27 "... that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you."

Prov. 5:19 "... let her breasts satisfy thee at all times;..."

Song 1:13 "A bundle of myrrh is my well beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts."

Song 4:5 "Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies."

Song 8:10 "I am a wall, and my breasts like towers:..."

Tawas City, Michigan

#26226 Feb 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us where the 14th amendment gives you the right to force bakers to bake cakes. Or to be silly and reply to everything with a red herring.
Since you brought it up once again, we're STILL waiting for you to name a single baker forced to bake cakes.

Oh, you must be talking about convicted prisoners who have to work in the prison bakery....
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#26227 Feb 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you consult an Attorney. Once you open the floodgates and change a marriage law everybody can ride the wave. There will now be a sound legal argument for incest marriage, polygamy.
You are destroying the bedrock of our society and you don't even know it or even care.
Perhaps YOU should consult an attorney, and re-read your LOGIC FOR 1st GRADERS textbook. Your slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy.

Location hidden

#26228 Feb 9, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fundies don't understand is that there is no hell.
And we'd all bettered be thankful that there is no God either!

THE GOD WHO SAYS 'DO NOT KILL', KILLS REPEATEDLY:
"there came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the 250 men that offered incense" (Num. 16:35).
"the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died" (Num. 21:6).
"See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound and I heal...." (Deut. 32:39).
"The Lord smote the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people 50,070 men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter" (1 Sam. 6:19).
"The Lord kills, and makes alive: he brings down to the grave, and brings up" (1 Sam. 2:6).
"the hand of the Lord was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them...." (1 Sam. 5:6).
"it came to pass about 10 days after, that the Lord smote Nabal, that he died" (1 Sam. 25:38).
"Who smote great nations and slew mighty kings...." (Psalms 135:10).
"For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many" (Isaiah 66:16).
"I will dash them one against another, even the father and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them" (Jer. 13:14).
"I have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword...." (Amos 4:10).
"For our God is a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:29).

THE GOD WHO SAYS 'DO NOT KILL' ORDERS KILLING:
"ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. And five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put 10,000 to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword" (Lev. 26:7-8).
"the Lord said to Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun, that the fierce anger of the Lord may be turned away from Israel. And Moses said to the judges of Israel. Slay every one his men that were joined to Baal" (Num. 25:4-5).
"Vex the Midianites and smite them" (Num. 25:17).
"But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breathes. But thou shalt utterly destroy them...as the Lord thy God has commanded thee" (Deut. 20:16-17).
"So Joshua smote all the country of the hills...he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord God of Israel commanded" (Joshua 10:40).
"As I listened, god said to the others,'Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children...." (Ezek. 9:5-6).
"And the Lord sent you on a mission, saying 'Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have wiped them out.'" (1 Sam. 15:18).
"Attack the land of Merathaim and those who live in Pekod. Pursue, kill and completely destroy them' declares the Lord. Do everything I have commanded you" (Jer. 50:21).
"Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" (1 Sam. 15:3).

Location hidden

#26229 Feb 9, 2014
GOD: "Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" (1 Sam. 15:3).

Did you see that Comrade Sheepie? Sheep! Yes, sheep are right up there with men, women, children and infants.

Location hidden

#26230 Feb 9, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
But they would only be delusional. I truly am superior to you.
Of course you are!

Interestingly enough, according to the Bible no biblicist is a Christian because none abide in Christ. Since none abide in Christ, how anyone can ever be saved becomes a logical question. Why can't people abide in Christ? Because everyone commits anti-social behavior, or what biblicists refer to as sin, and that excludes them summarily:

"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him" (1 John 3:6),

"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God" (1 John 3:9 NIV),

"We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin, the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one does not touch him" (1 John 5:18 NIV).

Obviously, then, no one has ever been born of God since all biblicists continue to sin, regardless. Until someone can demonstrate sinless perfection, abiding in Christ remains illusory.

And to make matters even worse from the biblicist's perspective, James 2:10 NIV says, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it." Also note Matt. 5:19. Since every believer repeatedly stumbles on one point or another, all believers are equally immoral. In other words, while John alleges that any sin obviates any possibility of one abiding in Christ, James asserts everyone commits the most heinous of acts.

Location hidden

#26231 Feb 9, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what IDIOTS like you claim......Gay and Lesbian couples AREN'T genderless......we just don't have to include an opposite-sex person to be considered married!!!
Has that been explained to him more than 10,000 times or less than 10,000 times?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26232 Feb 9, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether a married couple opts to be monogamous or NOT is their decision NOT mine or yours even if we disagree with their choices.
Not sexual fidelity, "monogamy" as opposed to "polygamy". Why should that be maintained by the state if conjugality, opposite sex, is expendable?
Funny how you use BIG words to sound smart.....I mean using the word consanguinity instead of using the word INCEST or blood related would have gotten you point across just fine!
I thought I was dealing with an intelligent woman, but if you want me to dumb bit down......
Again the State sets the martial requirements and being CONSANGUINITY(otherwise blood-related) is NOT allowed as the parties are ALREADY related and marriage is about bring UNRELATED individuals together to form a kinship.
Why does it matter? Conjugality is no longer the basis of the marital relationship. As to the "....bring UNRELATED individuals together to form a kinship", that's missing one important element, a man and a woman. That's the kinship! Two sisters could just as easily be spouses to each other, as can two first cousins which can marry in some states, or two unrelated women.
To answer your question about why the definitions of conjugal can change or be expanded to include the intimacy of Same-Sex couples, but the other two can't be expand is simple.......one the blood-related word is VERY specific and CAN'T be changed, and monogamy can be expandable.......
Definitions an be changed as we've discussed. "Gay" as a sexual reference used to refer to opposite sex sexual practices in the early 20th century. So "expanding" the word "conjugal" can happen, although the common, historical, social, and cultural understanding of the word is still, "opposite sex" or "husband and wife".
it's more depended on what the couple views it or defines it......not sure I gave you what ya wanted........but it's what I believe.......see, for me......monogamy ONLY has one meaning and that is to be faithful to my wife and our wedding vows......but someone like Dan Savage obviously views it differently and that is his right!!!!
Monogamy as in one to one, or one wife/husband at a time, not sexual fidelity, which "monogamish" references.
If a Bisexual person want's to marry a person of each gender, that then becomes either a polygamist type of relationship or polyandrist type of relationship(if one woman and 2 men) to which the group has a right to file their grievances with the court and start their legal fight to overturn Reynolds vs The United States and I wish them all the luck on their journey.....it will take several years to accomplish their feat.....but if they want it...it will happen.......but unlike the anti-gays......I WON'T put up roadblocks to delay their fight!!!
"Anti gays"? Advocating against "marriage rights for bisexuals" Is that "anti bi", to follow the logic of the SSM movement. All this talk of marriage for same sex couples over looks the obvious "B" in that. Any one arguing for "LGBT" marriage rights, is advocating for at least a trinary marital relationship.

Location hidden

#26233 Feb 9, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
And you hit the jackpot of moral depravity!
God is the most morally depraved being!

"Then thou shalt take an awl, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise (Deut. 15:17, KJV)."

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly ( Lev. 25:44-46, NIV)."

"If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)."

"I (the Lord) will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away (Joel 3:8, NIV)"

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men....(Eph. 6:5-7, NIV)."

"All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered (1 Tim. 6:1, NIV)."

"Slaves, obey your earthy masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord (Col. 3:22, NIV)."

"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,....(Titus 2:9, NIV)."

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your master with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also those who are harsh....Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:18,21, NIV)."

Location hidden

#26234 Feb 9, 2014
God is the most morally depraved being!

That should have been God is the most morally depraved being ever invented by reprobates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 4 min American Independent 127
News GOP closer to big win with House tax vote; Sena... 6 min Aquarius-WY 14
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min ExplainsBongo 41,591
News Anti-gay married Republican quits after he is c... 26 min Retribution 5
News Moscow meeting in June 2017 under scrutiny in T... 45 min Apprentice 2
News Sen. Hatch to Dems saying tax cuts are for rich... 47 min Retribution 12
News Republicans begin pushing tax cut bill through ... 1 hr HitLier 86
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr The Big Lebowski 1,640,333
More from around the web