Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.
Comments
23,281 - 23,300 of 52,159 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

NOW IT'S "GENDER EQUALITY."

They're already rolling out their next pogrom -- Gender Equality.

"Why don't you have any gays or transgenders on your show?"

Poor Jerry Seinfeld -- now he's in their sights.

The disgusting thing here is the way they piggyback on black civil rights. Note they ever directly accuse him of being anti-gay; instead they frame their indictment in the language of civil rights making sure to include a reference to blacks:

"Tell us, Jerry, do you have a problem with diversity?"

http://tinyurl.com/nhsxbys
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
WeTheSheeple: It matters in the context of the conversation regarding whether you're talking about children or adults marrying. Current law allows for children as young as age 13 to marry.
ALAN: If age 13 is the legal age then a consenting adult is everyone 13 and older and anyone under 13 is a child for whom it is not legal to marry. So when I say consenting adult the law has decided it is anyone 13 and older. I am talking about a consenting adult which you say the law defines as 13 and over. If you are talking about children you are talking about everyone under the age of 13.
Comrade Sheepie: I realize you support that,
ALAN: You do not know what I support, you just defined a consenting adult as anyone age 13 and older. When I say consenting adult I am using the legal definition you provided. I am dealing with what the government has decided and not some nonsense you made up.
Comrade Sheepie:... but you can't then claim not to be talking about children getting married when the topic is polygamous marriages.
ALAN: I am talking about consenting adults which you tell us is anyone aged 13 and over, if that is what the law says, then that is what I am talking about, 13 and over. And still you want to pretend I am taking about 13 and under which I am not.
Consenting adult according to Comrade Sheepie: any one aged 13 and over.
He's so stuck on age 13, one really starts to wonder...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you consult an Attorney. Once you open the floodgates and change a marriage law everybody can ride the wave. There will now be a sound legal argument for incest marriage, polygamy.
You are destroying the bedrock of our society and you don't even know it or even care.
Politicians have been destroying America for about 100 years do you even care?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to hear about the legal concept that allows gays to force bakers to bake them cakes.
Ask him about his legal concept that says "in CA, marriage is a man and a woman only" doesn't mean no polygamy.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And segregation is voluntary for the group that did the FORCING. The whites in South Africa weren't forced to participate in apartheid, they chose to participate.
<quoted text>They are choosing to segregate, just like when racist groups choose to live apart in racial segregation. It's voluntary for the bigot but not for their victims.
<quoted text>One man and one woman marriage is perfect affirmative action. What better ratio than 1:1? If integration isn't the goal of affirmative action, what is?
<quoted text>Bigots often choose to group with other bigots; go figure.
Actually what you claim is some sort of VICTIM'S mentality........people have the right to decide who they want to marry and gender SHOULDN'T be A QUALIFIER........if someone wants to marry a Black person and the other is white, that's their decision......and if I'm a woman and want to marry another woman(which by the way I did), that is my decision as well as her's......which we did make........regardless of what you claim we are doing...IT IS OUR RIGHT and we do so with all the freedom that has been granted to us:-)

Again, you opt to look at this as you choose to, your right....but others DON'T and WON'T see it as you do!!!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that if polygamy were legalized it would still be so rare that Sheepie would probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.
Exactly yet he whines like everyone would form polygamist unions the minute it became legal. Just like incest, should it become legal how many are going to do it? Maybe a few Jerry Springer fans but that is about all. I wish the government would take a good look at these authoritarians and ask themselves if they really need to be in the business of "educating" America's children. Comrade Sheepie is a perfect example of how government "education" doesn't educate.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The 14th Amendment mentions equal protection of the laws. Tell us where it excludes marriage laws.
Tell us where it defines marriage as a same sex union?
The irony is allowing gay marriage shows how important gender is. To the people involved.
But not, in a same gender combination, to the state and society at large.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked if there was nothing wrong with being gay why do gays push so hard for acceptance and particularly gay marriage?
Nobody is in favor or advocates beating people up
Really? Fundies do it all the time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
That is downright disturbing
There is a lot of hate in you my friend.
I would strongly suggest you reach to the right and hit the "Nurse Call" button. When she gets to your room ask her to up your meds immediately and change your bed sheets.
Instead of responding like Comrade Sheepie with insults, why not address my points? Why for instance, do you believe you have a right to comment on another persons union with another consenting adult for starters.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, please tell comrade sheepie.
Sheepie has a rainbow pass. Get out of jail free. He's exempt from "Rose's Law".

Rose's dopey "Law"- Morons with no real argument (except Sheepie) scream "what about the children!?"

It's the rainbow exemption to Rose's Law.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still the case now. As long as a man and a woman meet the requirements, the get the license.
<quoted text>
How about the state take steps to reduce the divorce rate?
<quoted text>
Sure it does, it's beneficial for the state and society. Not to mention the cost of family breakdown.
Neither my wife nor I happen to be a male, YET we still were issued a marriage license almost 6 years ago.......so, again your viewpoint is incorrect!!!

In order to have the State reduce the divorce rate....they would have to be WILLING to ban divorces and that would infringe on the couple's right to seek resolution to their grievances.....I'm certain someone ISN'T going to feel that's okay!!!

Sorry, but you DON'T get to tell others what is right for them and you DON'T get make decisions for others either!!!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you consult an Attorney. Once you open the floodgates and change a marriage law everybody can ride the wave. There will now be a sound legal argument for incest marriage, polygamy.
You are destroying the bedrock of our society and you don't even know it or even care.
You do realize the same things were said about interracial marriage before Loving v VA.(Notice I'm not arguing for not against either incest marriage nor polygamy. Just pointing out the same kind of stuff was said.)
Hey, fundies were against interracial marriage, too. They said god was against it. They quoted Genesis 1:4 to "prove" it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You homophobes might understand this simple fact intellectually, but you just don't really seem to "get" that AIDS is caused by a virus, and not by homosexuality.
Homophobes love to twist things to get a rise out of people. Of course they know it is a virus but it helps them justify their homophobia to claim it comes from two men touching each other. They even hope someone will read their "Anne Coulter" level assertions and believe them that they are true. There is something very republican about doing that.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us where it defines marriage as a same sex union?
Where does the 14th say ANYTHING regarding marriage at all?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly yet he whines like everyone would form polygamist unions the minute it became legal. Just like incest, should it become legal how many are going to do it? Maybe a few Jerry Springer fans but that is about all. I wish the government would take a good look at these authoritarians and ask themselves if they really need to be in the business of "educating" America's children. Comrade Sheepie is a perfect example of how government "education" doesn't educate.
I read a touching true story about two young people who met for the first time in their twenties. They dated and fell in love over the next few years, married had a baby and were very happy. Quite by accident they found out they were brother and sister. It devastated them, they split up eventually and the child was raised by his mother alone. Tragedy. And who is the bad guy? Attitudes like Sheepie.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You could have two wives in one! Marry your pregnant girlfriend and the fetus at the same time! I think Sheepie is on to something here! Polygamy on the fast track.
Hot Damn Frankie, you are on a roll here! LOL, good one.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG! You said a consenting adult is anyone aged 13 and over. I said consenting adults which for me is age 18 but I believe should be lowered to age 16 and then age 14.
YOU are the one screaming age 13, age 13 age 13 squawk, squawk.
I know right? Sheepie is downright CREEPY with his 13 year old bride schtick. Makes my skin crawl to think about sex with children. And Sheepie just keeps bringing it up whatever chance he gets. YUCK.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I've seen both sides. They're all criminals. I don't count that as mistakes. When nobody is willing to be the fall guy, they'll start cooking up "final solutions" but they won't ever give up their own perks.
Exactly. Criminals and con-artists of the worst sort. I love how they try to keep us confused about the difference between the crony capitalism they engage in and real Capitalism that makes America work.

""""Back in February, comedian and activist Roseanne Barr officially announced that she was seeking the Green Party nomination for president, and since then she's pulled no punches about her thoughts on the two major parties.On her campaign site, she writes, "Americans have voted for the lesser of two evils in the past elections, it has not gotten us anywhere." She's also separately referred to both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama as empty suits.

On Sunday, she took aim at another Washington target, former House speaker Nancy Pelosi, saying via Twitter, "Pelosi is a criminal too, an insider trader with VISA, she needs to go,vote her out!!"

The statement refers to a story broken by CBS' 60 Minutes in November of 2011, detailing how congressional officials have the ability to legally trade stocks based on nonpublic information obtained during the course of their jobs. In Pelosi's case, some claimed the then-speaker was unduly influenced by VISA at the same time that legislation limiting credit card swipe fees was before the House. The legislation eventually passed, and in April of 2012 the STOCK Act, which closed the insider trading loophole for congressional officials was signed into law. Nevertheless, for Barr and others who believe the two-party system is irreversibly broken, the appearance of impropriety in the case is reason enough to vote Pelosi and anyone else who benefitted from the overturned rule out of office.""" "

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's so stuck on age 13, one really starts to wonder...
Exactly!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask him about his legal concept that says "in CA, marriage is a man and a woman only" doesn't mean no polygamy.
About ever week or so he waltzes in here with that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••