Obama: US won't be dragged into anoth...

Obama: US won't be dragged into another Iraq war

There are 117 comments on the The Washington Post story from Aug 9, 2014, titled Obama: US won't be dragged into another Iraq war. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

President Barack Obama says the United States can't and shouldn't intervene in every world crisis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
A Vet

New Salem, ND

#2 Aug 9, 2014
President Barack Obama says the United States can't and shouldn't intervene in every world crisis.

Evidently Obama doesn't feel bombing the country is intervening.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3 Aug 9, 2014
A Vet wrote:
Assisting in a humanitarian crisis is a far cry from outright war, wouldn't you say?
Dang It

Thief River Falls, MN

#4 Aug 9, 2014
Obama will use Terror Proxys as the Fanatics in Saudi Arabia have the ability to recruit and pay for Kafirs by the hundreds of thousands

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 9, 2014
A Vet wrote:

Correct
Drone strikes also don't count in oslamas mind

He is also doing his best to start a war with Putin and China

“Facts”

Location hidden

#6 Aug 9, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>Assisting in a humanitarian crisis is a far cry from outright war, wouldn't you say?
It was bad when Bush started bombing even as most liberals agreed with him and congress did also

No oslama does it all alone and liberals now love it..........

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7 Aug 9, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Assisting in a humanitarian crisis is a far cry from outright war, wouldn't you say?
Bringing a couple of 500 pound bombs to a war, doesn't dent the opposition very much, or save humanity. That's what happened in Vietnam, Korea and now the Mideast. Either stay out or blow the hell out of them.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#8 Aug 9, 2014
Isolationism Now wrote:
The only defensible war is a war of defense.
The only defense is to make yourself so powerful, and so mighty that it would be suicide to attack. Russia and China both knew that if they ever attacked the US, they would not survive the aftermath..........until Obama started whining, back peddling and giving up positions and weapons and getting nothing in return. Jimmy Carter part deux.
2 posts removed

“Facts”

Location hidden

#11 Aug 9, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The only defense is to make yourself so powerful, and so mighty that it would be suicide to attack. Russia and China both knew that if they ever attacked the US, they would not survive the aftermath..........until Obama started whining, back peddling and giving up positions and weapons and getting nothing in return. Jimmy Carter part deux.
If either side attacks 90 percent of the worlds population will not survive

Both of them have multiple reentry war heads that would wipe out 90 percent of the USA and we don't have the technology to stop them
2 posts removed
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#14 Aug 9, 2014
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
It was bad when Bush started bombing even as most liberals agreed with him and congress did also
No oslama does it all alone and liberals now love it..........
Most liberals agreed?

Your memory is playing tricks on you.

Let's assume no Republicans would want to be called liberal.

In the House of Reps 215 Republicans voted for with 6 against.
82 Democrats voted for with 126 against.

Out of 82 Democrats which ones were liberals?

In the Senate 48 Republicans voted for with 1 against.
29 Democrats voted for with 21 against.

Out of 29 Democrats which ones were liberals?

Gary

Bellingham, WA

#15 Aug 9, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only defense is to make yourself so powerful, and so mighty that it would be suicide to attack. Russia and China both knew that if they ever attacked the US, they would not survive the aftermath..........until Obama started whining, back peddling and giving up positions and weapons and getting nothing in return. Jimmy Carter part deux.
Ever hear of Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD)?

I suppose not. You're a Republican.
Kermudgeon

Buffalo, NY

#16 Aug 9, 2014
Invading Iraq (Bush W) was a travesty. Now is a legitimate reason for boots on the ground to stop ISIS from slaughtering innocent people.
1 post removed

“Facts”

Location hidden

#18 Aug 9, 2014
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>Most liberals agreed?

Your memory is playing tricks on you.

Let's assume no Republicans would want to be called liberal.

In the House of Reps 215 Republicans voted for with 6 against.
82 Democrats voted for with 126 against.

Out of 82 Democrats which ones were liberals?

In the Senate 48 Republicans voted for with 1 against.
29 Democrats voted for with 21 against.

Out of 29 Democrats which ones were liberals?
Are the majority of the liberals with or against oslama now?

And under Bush there was not the support for bombing.....

I was not talking politicians I said liberals

And thanks for making my point.....
Kermudgeon

Buffalo, NY

#19 Aug 9, 2014
Saving those people dying on that hill is a justifiable use of force.

Get some boots on the ground and lets deal with ISIS before they kill them all and before they become a wider threat. Eventually we'lll have to deal with them, either sooner or later.

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Topix has viruses

#20 Aug 9, 2014
My guess is that we already have. You KNOW there are 'boots on the ground' engaged in reconnaissance and directing aerial strikes.

Don't do it, Obama. Don't make Bush's mistake.

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Topix has viruses

#21 Aug 9, 2014
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the majority of the liberals with or against oslama now?
And under Bush there was not the support for bombing.....
I was not talking politicians I said liberals
And thanks for making my point.....
Please, you buttkissing Righties supported ANYTHING Bush did. Don't lie to me or pretend that someone else is being hypocritical.

But FWIW, I oppose ANY further involvement in Iraq the same way I opposed Booosh being involved there.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#22 Aug 9, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>Please, you buttkissing Righties supported ANYTHING Bush did. Don't lie to me or pretend that someone else is being hypocritical.

But FWIW, I oppose ANY further involvement in Iraq the same way I opposed Booosh being involved there.
Really????
Busted again my little troll

I guess you missed some of the protest that Alex Jones led??
What way did Rand and Ron Paul vote?

I was on the street against both daddy and Jr rush to war......
I am against spending one penny out side the USA

Now if someone wants to pay us to turn some country into a new sea or ocean I have no problem....Bomb the crap out of them....

“Facts”

Location hidden

#23 Aug 9, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
My guess is that we already have. You KNOW there are 'boots on the ground' engaged in reconnaissance and directing aerial strikes.

Don't do it, Obama. Don't make Bush's mistake.
Wow

Probably the only liberal I have seen that does not want another war at tax payers expense

I agree 100%.......don't be a Bush....

The difference is that Both dad and jr ran as war monger's
Oslama was the anti war monger.......But he also said he wanted healthcare reform and the first thing he did was cut deals with the pharmaceutical companies to not save trillions by bulk buying Meds for their support and the insurance companies for their support

Ever wonder why meds are so much cheaper here and in Canada???

Your god screwed you on that one
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#24 Aug 9, 2014
President Bush was, "In it to win it." Obama hasn't a clue what he is doing. When he pulled out of Iraq 2 years ago Obama made a huge mistake. He as much as invited ISIS or any other Muslim group to come, and take back Iraq. What does the Commander propose to do with this group of barbarians who are bragging about how they are coming to the U S, and with an open border courtesy of the Democrat President they are probably already here.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#25 Aug 9, 2014
You believe that you are a cartoon figure created by someone else.End of story.
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, you buttkissing Righties supported ANYTHING Bush did. Don't lie to me or pretend that someone else is being hypocritical.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#26 Aug 9, 2014
Awful generous of you.You live in Mexico.Maybe we should air drop your illegals as biological weapons on ISIS.
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Really????
Busted again my little troll
I guess you missed some of the protest that Alex Jones led??
What way did Rand and Ron Paul vote?
I was on the street against both daddy and Jr rush to war......
I am against spending one penny out side the USA
Now if someone wants to pay us to turn some country into a new sea or ocean I have no problem....Bomb the crap out of them....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Investigations into Russia to continue after Fl... 1 min Obama bin ladder 198
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 2 min Trump your President 270
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Obama bin ladder 1,497,474
News Is the media "the enemy"? Pentagon chief weighs in 4 min Retribution 34
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 7 min jonjedi 5,956
News President Trump gets to day 32, won't have shor... 8 min Pat Robertson s F... 9
News Trump exchange with black journalist sparks out... 9 min bottlecap 39
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min Agents of Corruption 412,676
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 44 min Limbertwig 258,953
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 1 hr John 1,311
More from around the web