Obama taking "fiscal cliff" fight to the public

Nov 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

President Barack Obama delivers remarks about extending tax cuts for middle class people during an event in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building November 28, 2012 in Washington, DC.

Comments (Page 32)

Showing posts 621 - 640 of2,430
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
we need obama

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#695
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

hes knows what needs to be done trust him. this great country voted him for our president i trust him and voted for him.
1 post removed

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#697
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he may be referring to Jonathan Levine, an Obama campaign fund bundler who was running Bain Capital when the famous steel plant closed.
Obama had stated he would close corporate loopholes and tax loopholes for the very high incomes that would enable them to hide money off shore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I don't think it happened yet. I could be wrong.
obama got no money from Bain. It's simply a stupid thing to even attempt to say.

On the current cliff negotiations going on, it's boehner that keeps talking about closing loopholes. However, much like mitt, bronze John won't tell us which "loopholes" he has in mind. The reason is obvious too, he could never get it passed if he tells us the loopholes include the mortgage interest deduction, and every other deduction that helps the middle class.

If boehners plan really hit the rich, he would tell us which deductions he has planned. It's exactly mitt all over again.

My guess is the loopholes he means are mortgage interest deduction, 529 plans, higher Ed deduction, healthcare cost deductions. Boehners is hiding his plan for the same reason Romney did

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#698
Dec 6, 2012
 
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>obama got no money from Bain. It's simply a stupid thing to even attempt to say.
On the current cliff negotiations going on, it's boehner that keeps talking about closing loopholes. However, much like mitt, bronze John won't tell us which "loopholes" he has in mind. The reason is obvious too, he could never get it passed if he tells us the loopholes include the mortgage interest deduction, and every other deduction that helps the middle class.
If boehners plan really hit the rich, he would tell us which deductions he has planned. It's exactly mitt all over again.
My guess is the loopholes he means are mortgage interest deduction, 529 plans, higher Ed deduction, healthcare cost deductions. Boehners is hiding his plan for the same reason Romney did
I would be against mortgage interest deductions if they were on a second or third home, summer homes, etc.

Writing off gambling losses always annoyed me. Car, travel, gift, entertainment expenses is another area. Dues to professional societies. Legal fees. Let's start a list.:-)
INDEED

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#699
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

YADA YADA
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#700
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Let me ax you a question Billie Boie. When all those making $250,000 offshore the money, and they will, Whatcha gonna do?
The UN will try to handle that situation or some other international agency will be formed. There is already talk in the EU about dealing with "tax havens" within their member countries so they are calling for a "uniform tax" and I'm sure all the Euro children are so happy about making things more "fair". The American children will be happy too when they are told of the "fairness" of it. It's the same premise as the near future financial penalty for moving a company to a "right to work" State. It's all about consolidation. Like in the Soviet Union and Cuba - there can be no escape.........because obviously too many people will want to do that very thing. They must convince people that cause and effect do not exist - but of course reality will still come and kick their ass in one way or another.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#701
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>The money is taxed before it goes offshore in the form of income. You Repubs act like it's the world end about the 2%. They didn't leave in 1996 when the tax rate was 39%. They didn't leave in the 1980s when it was 50% and they didn't leave in the 1950s when it was 90%.
Lol. Are you implying that tax havens don't exist? And if you do realize they exist, do you think they haven't been used to a significant and relevant extent?

Also, are you saying that the democrats are NOT acting like it's the "world's end about the 2%"? Um, the whole presidential campaign was about that and after it was over it's the only "plan" they seem to have.

Again, lol.
New world order is here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#702
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

we need obama wrote:
hes knows what needs to be done trust him. this great country voted him for our president i trust him and voted for him.
1: Takers are able to vote themselves more from the workers.
2: Government is allowed to grow by using propaganda supported by the media.
3: Government is given a free hand to restrict the individual for the reason of being successful.
4: Government has become the provider instead of the protector.
5: Government is becoming the head of the country with unlimited power.
6: people are becoming less and less intelligent and more Dependant.
8: The individual that excelled has been slammed and ridiculed for being different.
9: The one size fits all and nobody is allowed to be better is the agenda of America today.
10: China is the example of what we are becoming due to the direction being taught is schools.
11: there aren't any winners any more and that makes everyone a looser.
12: The dissidents are the only heroes left and the word will be retired in 2016.
13: just as entrepreneur is not a word in the French language it will be removed from English also.
14: class warfare is going to take you down along with the rich you so hate.
gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#703
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

we need obama wrote:
hes knows what needs to be done trust him. this great country voted him for our president i trust him and voted for him.
Trust a politican. Never. You not only need Obama you deserve him.

I bet you pray to him every night too.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#704
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>If we don't raise the debt limit, we go into default. If you think that's a better alternative, lotsa luck.
Many Republicans also blame Bush. Unlike you, they have followed hs blunders.
oh b ut I have and bush icreased the debt and cut taxes. Obama is going to spend and cut corporate taxes. That's. Not deficit neutral.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#706
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be against mortgage interest deductions if they were on a second or third home, summer homes, etc.
Writing off gambling losses always annoyed me. Car, travel, gift, entertainment expenses is another area. Dues to professional societies. Legal fees. Let's start a list.:-)
Let's start with oil and farm subsidies.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#707
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Knew you were a lyin scumbag, just like your party.....YOU ARE NOW, INSIGNIFICANT TRASH....
What did I post, that makes me a lying scumbag, or insignificant trash? I posted the truth, if you dispute it, rebut it? Otherwise it makes you.. look very foolish.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#708
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Village Mystery wrote:
<quoted text>
The UN will try to handle that situation or some other international agency will be formed. There is already talk in the EU about dealing with "tax havens" within their member countries so they are calling for a "uniform tax" and I'm sure all the Euro children are so happy about making things more "fair". The American children will be happy too when they are told of the "fairness" of it. It's the same premise as the near future financial penalty for moving a company to a "right to work" State. It's all about consolidation. Like in the Soviet Union and Cuba - there can be no escape.........because obviously too many people will want to do that very thing. They must convince people that cause and effect do not exist - but of course reality will still come and kick their ass in one way or another.
BS, People did not get rich by being stupid. "Fair" what the heck is "fair"? Get out of your hovel and learn about the Soviet Union & Cuba? What is 'fair' in those countries? American children know what goes on, the first two days of kindergarten. It isn't that tough. Seems to us, someone should have found a school for you that didn't teach communism as the first course?

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#709
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

New world order is here wrote:
<quoted text>
1: Takers are able to vote themselves more from the workers.
2: Government is allowed to grow by using propaganda supported by the media.
3: Government is given a free hand to restrict the individual for the reason of being successful.
4: Government has become the provider instead of the protector.
5: Government is becoming the head of the country with unlimited power.
6: people are becoming less and less intelligent and more Dependant.
8: The individual that excelled has been slammed and ridiculed for being different.
9: The one size fits all and nobody is allowed to be better is the agenda of America today.
10: China is the example of what we are becoming due to the direction being taught is schools.
11: there aren't any winners any more and that makes everyone a looser.
12: The dissidents are the only heroes left and the word will be retired in 2016.
13: just as entrepreneur is not a word in the French language it will be removed from English also.
14: class warfare is going to take you down along with the rich you so hate.
OR...you could simply grow a pair and admit that you had a bad candidate who ran a bad campaign!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#710
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text> Where is landowner voting, when it is needed? The majority of people who voted Demorat and Barack Hussein Obama, were on the dole, or looking for a handout..
Here it is....Yet, another claim YOU ARE UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO BACK UP......MORE LYING BS.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#711
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>What did I post, that makes me a lying scumbag, or insignificant trash? I posted the truth, if you dispute it, rebut it? Otherwise it makes you.. look very foolish.
...Fur Sure.....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#712
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Let's start with oil and farm subsidies.
Ok Micro, tell us what a gallon of gas will cost, and what a loaf of bread will cost, without them??

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#713
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Let's start with oil and farm subsidies.
Good start. The "Boss", Bruce Springsteen, collects a farm subsidy while out campaigning for Obama. That may be a state subsidy though, I'm not sure.

There would be a free market incentive to develop an alternative fuel if the real price of oil was paid. Or simply tax the net profit after costs.
U So Funny

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#714
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust a politican. Never. You not only need Obama you deserve him.
I bet you pray to him every night too.
When you're a freeloader....you dont bite the hand that feeds you, gives you housing, etc.....YOU VOTE FOR THEM. Obama sits back and will be laughing at his supporters....from Hawaii. Merry Christmas....Suckaaaaaas. "Meeshell, start planning our European vacation."
Billy Ringo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#715
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

inbred Genius wrote:
I believe that we've lost the country....now that the non producers that vote are at or above 50%, so the producers won't be able to produce enough.
Never has then been so obvious as the election a few weeks ago....the voters elected a man who had no real world experience, and had 4 terrible years already, and failed to elect a man with a tremendous amount of successful real world expertise.
I weep for our country....it's not ours anymore.
It never was yours in the first place.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#716
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
It never was yours in the first place.
whose was it then? Don't say the Indians...if they wanted to keep it, they could have fought better. They started out at Plymouth Rock and ended up in California.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 621 - 640 of2,430
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obama blamed for immigration influx 5 min scirocco 126
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min epsilon 5 240,298
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,973
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 min C my Peter 13 50,810
US condemns 'heinous murder' of Palestinian teen 7 min OnlyPatchWork 439
Obama faces limited options in Iraq crisis, dou... 8 min Asian Guy 1,078
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,586
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Hey Stupid 1,073,080
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••