Rush Limbaugh On Mitt Romney: 'Very P...

Rush Limbaugh On Mitt Romney: 'Very Poor' Comments Didn't Go Far Enough

There are 98 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from Feb 2, 2012, titled Rush Limbaugh On Mitt Romney: 'Very Poor' Comments Didn't Go Far Enough. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

Topix Staff Story

Veteran radio host Rush Limbaugh is upset with presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's remarks about the very poor, their safety net, and the GOP contender's lack of concern for the former due to the latter. But not for the typical reason. The Huffington Post reports:

Limbaugh made it clear that, to him, the line was another big misstep for the former Massachusetts governor. He said that Romney should not have actually been defending the “safety net,” because any social welfare programs are destructive.

As the controversial but popular icon of AM radio puts it,

The safety net is one of the biggest cultural problems we've got!”

Nor was he happy with Romney's attempt to make amends for his gaffe by supporting an increase in the minimum wage, according to Mediate's James Crugnale. For Limbaugh, it only cast further doubt on Romney's conservative credibility.

What do you think? Is Rush right to question the safety net itself, or is Mitt the sensible one here?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
firehimnow

Springfield, OR

#1 Feb 2, 2012
They're both squirrels.One sounds like he's cranking and the other one may explode at any moment.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#2 Feb 2, 2012
Anyone know how many "people of color" are allowed in the Mormon "church?"

They discriminated against black, still do against gays and women- having paid millions as out of state carpetbaggers on California's proposition 8.

California had little say in the matter of it's own legislation- Mormons using their wealth as a weapon against equal rights- disqualifies Romney from being president.

Can't wait to see if the Reich wants to get into another pissing contest by bringing up Reverend Wright.

This is one fight I'd relish.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Feb 2, 2012
Limbaugh made it clear that, to him, the line was another big misstep for the former Massachusetts governor. He said that Romney should not have actually been defending the “safety net,” because any social welfare programs are destructive.

Hey Limpball corporate social welfare programs are destructive.
1 post removed
Your Ex

Madison, WI

#5 Feb 2, 2012
Bilmpbaugh is less relevant than Cobert.
At least Cobert is more funny than vile.
Your Ex

Madison, WI

#6 Feb 2, 2012
Sorry, Colebert....
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#7 Feb 2, 2012
Speaking of oxycontin...

Did you hear that fake Teabaggers are all going to support Romney????

It's time for the 99%ers to start to replace the Teabaggers.

Isn't it ironic how the Teabaggers NEVER want TAX RELIEF fot the 99%ers?

They only like CORPORATE WELFARE for their UNPATRIOTIC buddies, BIG OIL, the BANKSTERS, and all the other CORPORATE SOCIAL WELFARE QUEENS.

Those SOB's are making RECORD PROFITS and BONUSES while soaking Middle Class tax payers for handouts, bailouts, and tax credits.

What do they do with their money (unearned income)?

Those gluttonous Mammonites sit by the pool waiting for the dividend to arrive to shop at Tiffany & Co., suck down some oxycontin (SOMETIMES the GUILT is UNBEARABLE), then squirrel away their RECORD PROFITS and BONUSES in SECRET OFF-SHORE BANK ACCOUNTS, where it is laundered by and for the underworld for nefarious purposes, never the betterment of this world.

Those SOB's love war, but want working class and Middle Class Americans to PAY for it, with blood, sweat, tears, and MONEY.

Teabaggers are HYPOCRITES! Those Bush holdouts in hiding are False Christians and Mitt Romney is their NEW LEADER!

Mitt Romney for President, of the Cayman Islands, 2012, NOT FOR PRESIDENT OF AMERICA!

November can't come fast enough. We have to get rid of this DO-Nothing CONGRESS and get some justice for We the People.

celticwarriors

Bay Pines, FL

#8 Feb 2, 2012
Flush Bimbo wants to eat everyone's lunch. " NO SOUP FOR YOU" barks Flushy as he kicks another starving child.

The repuglyCONS can't stop themselves from stealing from the poor to give everything to the rich.(So Christ like!!).
Mothra

United States

#9 Feb 2, 2012
Is Topix becoming another MediaMatters?
celticwarriors

Bay Pines, FL

#10 Feb 2, 2012
Mothra wrote:
Is Topix becoming another MediaMatters?
That wouln't be bad. There's news items on here that come from all sources. Unlike Fraud "news", the stories are not made up.
Mothra

United States

#11 Feb 2, 2012
celticwarriors wrote:
<quoted text> That wouln't be bad. There's news items on here that come from all sources.[snip].
Seems odd that Topix editors of late are creating their own news threads.

Don't you wonder why?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#12 Feb 3, 2012
Caribou Barbie wrote:
They discriminated against black, still do against gays and women- having paid millions as out of state carpetbaggers on California's proposition 8.
California had little say in the matter of it's own legislation- Mormons using their wealth as a weapon against equal rights- disqualifies Romney from being president.
Can't wait to see if the Reich wants to get into another pissing contest by bringing up Reverend Wright.
Yes it is a shame that some denominations still call actually follow the bible..........instead of bending to liberal rewrites.

Paris

#13 Feb 3, 2012
following

Paris

#14 Feb 3, 2012
celticwarriors wrote:
<quoted text> That wouln't be bad. There's news items on here that come from all sources. Unlike Fraud "news", the stories are not made up.
My my my another post from a maggot muncher proving their lunitic mentality. FOX NEWS was just was Awarded as Number One for TEN YEARS IN A ROW.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15 Feb 3, 2012
People like Limbaugh hate EVERYONE who isn't as rich as they are.

They don't distinguish between homeless, poor, or even lower/mid middle class. If you don't have millions (like Limbaugh and Romney and the rest of them) you just need to go off and eat sh*t and die. They'll tell you that if you lose your job it's your own fault. They applaud companies that offshore jobs or get rid of workers because people like Limbaugh don't care about workers.

It's time Limbaugh and his cohorts learn what it's like to be unemployed. Stop listening to them. Write to their sponsors and tell them you will no longer buy their products if they advertise on these shows. Americans can teach these arrogant pigs a lesson in humility. They've been flying too high for too long and they think are untouchable. It's time they meet the unemployment line.
boris

Norwalk, OH

#16 Feb 3, 2012
Caribou Barbie wrote:
Gosh,If I had known that about them I would have joined them years ago.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#17 Feb 3, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>My my my another post from a maggot muncher proving their lunitic mentality. FOX NEWS was just was Awarded as Number One for TEN YEARS IN A ROW.
Proving that sensationalism and lies will out sell facts and truth.
Your Ex

Madison, WI

#18 Feb 3, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is a shame that some denominations still call actually follow the bible..........instead of bending to liberal rewrites.
Yeah, that Lefty King James was something else.
Old Testament or No Testament, if you ask me...

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#19 Feb 3, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems odd that Topix editors of late are creating their own news threads.
Don't you wonder why?
Anybody can create one- what's the matter? Don't like Democracy?

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#20 Feb 3, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is a shame that some denominations still call actually follow the bible..........instead of bending to liberal rewrites.
Sorta like Mormons- funny, I don't remember any mention in the bible of extraterrestrial beings and magic underpants.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#21 Feb 3, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Speaking of oxycontin...
Did you hear that fake Teabaggers are all going to support Romney????
Isn't it ironic how the Teabaggers NEVER want TAX RELIEF fot the 99%ers?
They only like CORPORATE WELFARE for their UNPATRIOTIC buddies, BIG OIL, the BANKSTERS, and all the other CORPORATE SOCIAL WELFARE QUEENS.
Those SOB's are making RECORD PROFITS and BONUSES while soaking Middle Class tax payers for handouts, bailouts, and tax credits.
What do they do with their money (unearned income)?
Those gluttonous Mammonites sit by the pool waiting for the dividend to arrive to shop at Tiffany & Co., suck down some oxycontin (SOMETIMES the GUILT is UNBEARABLE), then squirrel away their RECORD PROFITS and BONUSES in SECRET OFF-SHORE BANK ACCOUNTS, where it is laundered by and for the underworld for nefarious purposes, never the betterment of this world.
Those SOB's love war, but want working class and Middle Class Americans to PAY for it, with blood, sweat, tears, and MONEY.
Teabaggers are HYPOCRITES! Those Bush holdouts in hiding are False Christians and Mitt Romney is their NEW LEADER!
Mitt Romney for President, of the Cayman Islands, 2012, NOT FOR PRESIDENT OF AMERICA!
November can't come fast enough. We have to get rid of this DO-Nothing CONGRESS and get some justice for We the People.
Once Slush Limpballs realized he wasn't going to face any real consequences of being a drug trafficker and user, he went back on the "stuff" immediately.

Rosita, his illegal housekeeper was back up at the Denny's on Belvedere Road in West Palm at 3 am with his cigar box full of cash, ready to make the score.

He needs to get his jaws wired shut from what I saw of him recently- challenging Chris Krispy Kreme in the heft department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min President Trump 1,483,623
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 min Irongrouch 12,982
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 min President Donald ... 3,890
News Churchill bust back in Oval Office 3 min Trump your President 126
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Just call me ABE 2 256,727
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 min Amused 22,174
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 5 min Man Up 64
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 29 min OzRitz 2,075
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 36 min -BoB- 409,759
News Popovich blasts Donald Trump and aides: They're... 43 min Chicagoan by Birth 72
More from around the web