Lawmaker seeks to ban Bitcoin in U.S.

Lawmaker seeks to ban Bitcoin in U.S.

There are 8 comments on the PC World story from Feb 26, 2014, titled Lawmaker seeks to ban Bitcoin in U.S.. In it, PC World reports that:

Bitcoin's wild volatility, and its ability to facilitate crimes such as money laundering, make it dangerous to Americans and it must be banned, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PC World.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Feb 28, 2014
Ah, here it is.

Shut down Silkroad, and it rose from the ashes. Then, uh-oh it gets its escrow hacked, then uh-oh, the Americans want to make Bitcoin illegal too.
What's next, hmmm, methinks, their own version of Bitcoin won't be in a long pipeline.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#2 Mar 6, 2014
World Bank, money people, the one percenters, who doesn't want an alternative..

Bitcoin CEO found dead.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/03/05...

Bitcoin exchange founder arrested

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25469...

There might be legitimate criminal charges but would he have been pursued as aggressively if he wasn't involved in Bitcoin.. These events with in less than 2 months makes wonder.

The CEO of Bitcoin is another one for the list of uniquely 'coincidental'of about 8 banking executives over the last year.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3 Mar 6, 2014
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
World Bank, money people, the one percenters, who doesn't want an alternative..
Bitcoin CEO found dead.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/03/05...
Bitcoin exchange founder arrested
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25469...
There might be legitimate criminal charges but would he have been pursued as aggressively if he wasn't involved in Bitcoin.. These events with in less than 2 months makes wonder.
The CEO of Bitcoin is another one for the list of uniquely 'coincidental'of about 8 banking executives over the last year.
wow, it's really sick.
some are so very afraid of loosing out somewhere they've made a murderous conspiracy. wonder who. did think it was those who want their own version of Bitcoin later. Hmm, heavy gold investors, perhaps...
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#4 Mar 6, 2014
Velvet MJK wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, it's really sick.
some are so very afraid of loosing out somewhere they've made a murderous conspiracy. wonder who. did think it was those who want their own version of Bitcoin later. Hmm, heavy gold investors, perhaps...
Gold investors would definitely be 'a' suspect. This is a big money organization/person who ever it is.

I just can't buy all these banker deaths are a coincidence. They're trying to say this 28 year old executive committed suicide?-young, pretty, rich and successful. I can see a young person who sees no future or never experienced success but pretty, rich and/or successful?

http://wallstreetonparade.com/2014/02/a-rash-... -–-with-ties-to-wall-street-in vestigations/

This reminds of the microbiologists deaths after 9-11. Just by coincidence experts in one field start dropping like flies...

http://beforeitsnews.com/9-11-and-ground-zero...

How much coincidence can there be?
lamer

Hamilton, OH

#5 Mar 6, 2014
You see in response to this Jared Polis of Colorado wrote a letter to the fed seeking to ban the dollar. He already knows you cant stop either one. Bitcoin is a crypto currency freely traded on the internet; US regulators could not stop it if they wanted to.

Senator Joe Manchin is showing just how ignorant he is and why he should not be a lawmaker. Come on West Virginia, quit electing such morons.

Since: Feb 14

Lucena City, Philippines

#6 Mar 19, 2014
Instead of banning bitcoin, why don’t they just make a regulation about it to prevent crimes and money laundering that is associated with bitcoin? If they totally ban bitcoin, it can hugely affect the business of the people who already adopted bitcoin. They should not only look into the negative side of it, but must also consider the positive sides.

Sean William,
Betcoin™

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7 Mar 19, 2014
seanwilliam1988 wrote:
Instead of banning bitcoin, why don’t they just make a regulation about it to prevent crimes and money laundering that is associated with bitcoin? If they totally ban bitcoin, it can hugely affect the business of the people who already adopted bitcoin. They should not only look into the negative side of it, but must also consider the positive sides.
Sean William,
Betcoin™
All those crimes and money laundering accusations can be equally applied to any currency or exchange value. It's just an excuse for those who don't like bitcoin
1 post removed
Reymark Perry

Lucena City, Philippines

#9 May 8, 2014
I agree with you, Velvet. I guess they just don’t like bitcoin, or they’re too scared to get involved in it because of its volatility. Well, if they’ll just look at its volatility side, they’ll never going to find out the other good things that this cryptocurrency can offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McDonald's Tweet Blasts President Trump, And Is... 3 min Oneryders Daughter 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Covfefe 6,900
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Earl 1,548,270
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Julia 274,644
News Mitt Romney surges, leads Obama in polls (Oct '12) 8 min BOTH partys Crooks 11
News GOP victory lap after Georgia election win will... 9 min positronium 99
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Coffee Party 241,582
News James Comey fired as FBI director 11 min Ronald 3,899
More from around the web