'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 20 comments on the Oct 1, 2010, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Reality

Georgetown, KY

#176986 Aug 31, 2014
Round and round we go....insults and accusations that will never end. And we are all left with a bunch of miserable azzholes!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#176987 Aug 31, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
With this congress, not much chance we will find out.
You are correct. Due to Harry Reid not allowing votes on many bills. He's afraid some of the Dims will go with the Repubs and he can't have that.
Commietator

Louisville, KY

#176988 Aug 31, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>More predigested bull$#it from a brainwashed commie agitator!
All it takes is for anyone to prove my post wrong. Are you up to it?
Commietator

Louisville, KY

#176989 Aug 31, 2014
Looser POTUS wrote:
Rep. Mike Rogers, chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said Sunday that President Obama’s inertia on whether to launch airstrikes on Islamic State targets in Syria is part of an overall foreign policy failure that is empowering China, North Korea, Russia and other rival nations.

“It’s all related,” Rogers, R-Mich., told “Fox News Sunday." “The world sees the United States as withdrawn.”

Rogers said the president’s apparent disengagement or slow response is the reason China has engaged U.S. pilots and Russian President Vladimir Putin has moved into eastern Ukraine without fear of consequence.

“U.S. foreign policy is in free fall,” he said.“Traditional allies are saying maybe the United States is not the best to lead us.”

The president faces a big test later this week when he travels to Europe for a NATO summit where he hopes to build a coalition to stop Islamic State, the terror group formerly known as ISIS, and other militant groups in the Middle East.

Rogers told Fox News he doesn’t believe White House Press Secretary Josh Ernest when he said last week that military options are “still being developed.”

Ernest's remarks followed the president saying the U.S. still doesn't have a strategy for Islamic State and Syria.

Rogers said the president was presented with a range of military options at the start of the 2011 uprising in Syria to overthrow the regime of President Bashar Assad, a movement that gave rise to Islamic State.

“There have been plans on the table,” Rogers said.“The president just didn’t want to get engaged. That is a decision. That is foreign policy.”

Rogers also said the surprising and powerful surge of Islamic State -- across the Syrian border and into northern Iraq -- reached a critical point longer before the group earlier this month beheaded American journalist James Foley.

He said the president’s plan to build a coalition isn’t “wrong,” just “late” because the U.S. now has fewer, safer options in the efforts to stop Islamic State before it strikes on American soil.

Rogers estimated that “hundreds” of Americans have already traveled or trained with Islamic State at least once.
I'd have to go back and find it but Rogers was one that was cheering the Iraq take over to find those WMDs. Real genius. How'd that work out.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#176990 Aug 31, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd have to go back and find it but Rogers was one that was cheering the Iraq take over to find those WMDs. Real genius. How'd that work out.
Ask Hillary, she voted for it.
Jay

United States

#176991 Aug 31, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
More illegals have been deported under Obama than any President in history. The number of Boarder Agents are double than what they were under Bush. You racist hypocrites can't stand the facts and truth.

Deportation, LOL!!

Obama took good care of you alright!

Why don't you leave your old Kentucky home (armchair warrior) and go down to the border to stand guard, since you are so cock-sure nothing is going to happen? I'm sure they could use your help: coward with a big mouth with all the answers on a bulletin board!

Judicial Watch:'Imminent' Terror Attack Warning on US Border

Friday, 29 Aug 2014 03:16 PM

By Drew MacKenzie

Islamic State and al-Qai are operating in a Mexican border town and are plotting to attack the United States with car bombs and improvised explosive devices, according to Judicial Watch, citing intelligence sources.

A red alert has been issued by Homeland Security, the Justice Department, and the Department of Defense........
..... to its agents to actively investigate all possible leads to what the government watchdog group says is "an imminent terrorist threat."

The terror alert came just hours after intelligence officials revealed that they are seeing a significant rise in "chatter" among terror groups ahead of the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

The warning also comes in the wake of reports that heavily armed drug cartels are operating along the border in Mexico and have virtually taken control of some regions with no interference from Mexican police, which could create a vacuum that would allow terrorist cells to operate.

The danger has led the Border Patrol to order its officers to avoid crime-infested areas because of the potential of cross-border shooting incidents, Judicial Watch said.da terrorist cells

“I am the 99%”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#176992 Aug 31, 2014
Reality wrote:
Round and round we go....insults and accusations that will never end. And we are all left with a bunch of miserable azzholes!
You mean the "100+ repeal obamacare bills while calling them jobs bills" bills? Or the "tax breaks for oil companies" energy bills? We can even include the "defund the EPA and call it creating jobs" bill!
Those bills?
Commietator

Louisville, KY

#176993 Aug 31, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>**********

Deportation, LOL!!

Obama took good care of you alright!

Why don't you leave your old Kentucky home (armchair warrior) and go down to the border to stand guard, since you are so cock-sure nothing is going to happen? I'm sure they could use your help: coward with a big mouth with all the answers on a bulletin board!

Judicial Watch:'Imminent' Terror Attack Warning on US Border

Friday, 29 Aug 2014 03:16 PM

By Drew MacKenzie

Islamic State and al-Qai are operating in a Mexican border town and are plotting to attack the United States with car bombs and improvised explosive devices, according to Judicial Watch, citing intelligence sources.

A red alert has been issued by Homeland Security, the Justice Department, and the Department of Defense........
..... to its agents to actively investigate all possible leads to what the government watchdog group says is "an imminent terrorist threat."

The terror alert came just hours after intelligence officials revealed that they are seeing a significant rise in "chatter" among terror groups ahead of the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

The warning also comes in the wake of reports that heavily armed drug cartels are operating along the border in Mexico and have virtually taken control of some regions with no interference from Mexican police, which could create a vacuum that would allow terrorist cells to operate.

The danger has led the Border Patrol to order its officers to avoid crime-infested areas because of the potential of cross-border shooting incidents, Judicial Watch said.da terrorist cells
OH NO!!!!! Terrorist at the border and Obama has taken all our guns. OH NO!!!!! Help us Repubs !!! We need to invade Iraq again to stop them.

“I am the 99%”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#176994 Aug 31, 2014
We've Been Counting Carbon Dioxide Emissions All Wrong
http://www.newsweek.com/weve-been-counting-ca...
Dale

Wichita, KS

#176995 Aug 31, 2014
DITCH HARRY wrote:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reids name has been removed from a Southern Utah University facility, following pressure from a conservative group to make the change.
The group received $40,000 in pledges over five days toward removing the Nevada Democrats name from the schools Outdoor Engagement Center.
University President Scott Wyatt acknowledged he was under pressure from a group of conservatives to remove Reid's name but insisted that politics had nothing to do with his decision.
Reids name was removed last week from the front door of the facility, several months after two local elected officials and others met with Wyatt and told him about the campaign, Wyatt said.
He said he told the group to stop raising money and that pledge money would not be accepted to remove Reid's name.
Wyatt said he removed Reids name because "nobody" associated the senator with the outdoors.
The center rents outdoor equipment to students, offers internship programs for students seeking outdoor careers and coordinates project-based learning activities for students. Reid graduated from the school in 1959.
Wyatt also said the school's 2011 naming of the center in Reid's honor generated no donations to it from the senator's friends as had been hoped.
"The decision has nothing to do with politics," Wyatt told The Associated Press. "We're a university. We're full of Democrats and Republicans and Green Party members and Libertarians. We don't make partisan calls with regard to our esteemed alumnus.
"The leading factor is the center's leadership reported to me it created confusion. When people looked at the name, they didn't understand the connection (between the center and Reid). It was just a little difficult."
Reid issued a brief statement Friday.
"I was approached and asked to use my name and I was happy to, but there was no such agreement to have me raise funds for it," he said. "I'm not going to raise money to have my name placed on anything."
When the center was named for him, Reid touted his congressional record concerning public lands in Nevada, noting his role in the creation of Great Basin National Park, the designation of wilderness areas and an annual summit to protect Lake Tahoe.
Locate, identify and eliminate.

Since: Oct 09

#176996 Aug 31, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
All it takes is for anyone to prove my post wrong. Are you up to it?
I already have Judge! You ran the same bullshit before...
There are two types of border enforcement actions:*Returns and #Removals.

*Returns are those stopped at the border and sent immediately back; the ones caught.

#Removals are those who get through the border and are caught later on.

No previous administration has counted returns as deported, until Obama. What Obama is doing is counting those who are stopped at the border, the returns, as deported...therefore your bullshit is proven to be WRONG yet again!
from: " Official website of the Department of Homeland Security"
http:// Official website of the Department of Homeland Securit/yearbook-immigration-s tatistics-2012-enforcement-act ions Where did you find your BS, in a farm pasture?
Jay

United States

#176997 Aug 31, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NO!!!!! Terrorist at the border and Obama has taken all our guns. OH NO!!!!! Help us Repubs !!! We need to invade Iraq again to stop them.

You didnt know what to say so you said something stupid to cover your tracks:

Yes, terrorists are at the border. No, Obama has not taken our guns, yet.

Repubs cant help you unless you get the hell out of the way. So, step aside. No we dont need to boots on the ground invade Iraq again to stop ISIS, just blow them to hell with our magnificent stealth, zero in on them war planes. Bingo!
Dead!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#176998 Aug 31, 2014
We've Been Counting Carbon Dioxide Emissions All Wrong
http://www.newsweek.com/weve-been-counting-ca...
LMAO!!! Are you going to one of those that will be eliminated for the good of China?
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#176999 Aug 31, 2014
<quoted text>
You mean the "100+ repeal obamacare bills while calling them jobs bills" bills? Or the "tax breaks for oil companies" energy bills? We can even include the "defund the EPA and call it creating jobs" bill!
Those bills?
I know, I know...let's bitkh about it for 4 more years. That will solve it

“Equal Opportunity”

Since: Apr 13

Blasphemer

#177000 Aug 31, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
I already have Judge! You ran the same bullshit before...
There are two types of border enforcement actions:*Returns and #Removals.
*Returns are those stopped at the border and sent immediately back; the ones caught.
#Removals are those who get through the border and are caught later on.
No previous administration has counted returns as deported, until Obama. What Obama is doing is counting those who are stopped at the border, the returns, as deported...therefore your bullshit is proven to be WRONG yet again!
from: " Official website of the Department of Homeland Security"
http:// Official website of the Department of Homeland Securit/yearbook-immigration-s tatistics-2012-enforcement-act ions Where did you find your BS, in a farm pasture?
selective stupidity
...academia extraordinaire..
....if there was a token prize, you'd be a token winner
The POTUS is stupid

Kingsport, TN

#177001 Aug 31, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
selective stupidity
...academia extraordinaire..
....if there was a token prize, you'd be a token winner
You do know you are an uneducated idiot, Right? Hey! That makes you the token idiot!
The POTUS is stupid

Kingsport, TN

#177002 Aug 31, 2014
Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, made clear this weekend his foreign policy strategy for dealing with the militant group Islamic State:bomb them back to the Stone Age.

"They want to go back and reject modernity," he said. "Well, I think we should help them. We ought to bomb them back to the Stone Age."
Cruz made his remarks Saturday in Dallas at a summit for Americans for Prosperity, the political arm of the billionaire GOP donors Charles and David Koch.

The influential gathering of conservatives also included speeches by a few other potential 2016 GOP White House candidates -- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.

Cruz also staked out his position on such domestic issues as the U.S. border-illegal immigration crisis and the Affordable Care Act.

In the year 2017, a Republican president in the Rose Garden is going to sign a bill repealing every word of ObamaCare," he said.

Cruz joked about inviting President Obama to the southern border to see where thousands of unaccompanied immigrant children have poured into the country. The president declined such an invitation from Perry.

"I figured out the only way there is a chance in heaven he might come (is if) I'm inviting him to come to a golf course," Cruz said.

A crowd of more than 3,000 at a hotel ballroom serenaded him with calls of "Run Ted, Run."

However, Cruz ignored direct questions about a presidential campaign when he met with reporters after the speech.

He told conservatives in the audience, "Each of you is here because we are part of a grassroots fire that is sweeping this country. We are building an army."

On Friday, Perry and Paul pounced on Obama's "we don't have a strategy yet" comments earlier in the week regarding the violent militant faction of Islamic State attacking cities in Iraq.

"Yesterday, the president admitted he had no strategy to deal with ISIS," Perry said, drawing hoots and hisses from a packed convention hall. "The deepening chaos in Iraq, Syria, Gaza, and Ukraine is all the clear and compelling evidence the world needs of a president one step behind, lurching from crisis to crisis."

Paul fired up the audience by suggesting that Obama's lack of leadership showed he'd been on the job too long.

NUKE THEM TILL THEY PUKE!!!!!!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#177003 Aug 31, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary was a genius as well, according to you
truth

United States

#177004 Aug 31, 2014
The POTUS is stupid wrote:
Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, made clear this weekend his foreign policy strategy for dealing with the militant group Islamic State:“bomb them back to the Stone Age.”

"They want to go back and reject modernity," he said. "Well, I think we should help them. We ought to bomb them back to the Stone Age."
Cruz made his remarks Saturday in Dallas at a summit for Americans for Prosperity, the political arm of the billionaire GOP donors Charles and David Koch.

The influential gathering of conservatives also included speeches by a few other potential 2016 GOP White House candidates -- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.

Cruz also staked out his position on such domestic issues as the U.S. border-illegal immigration crisis and the Affordable Care Act.

“In the year 2017, a Republican president in the Rose Garden is going to sign a bill repealing every word of ObamaCare," he said.

Cruz joked about inviting President Obama to the southern border to see where thousands of unaccompanied immigrant children have poured into the country. The president declined such an invitation from Perry.

"I figured out the only way there is a chance in heaven he might come (is if) I'm inviting him to come to a golf course," Cruz said.

A crowd of more than 3,000 at a hotel ballroom serenaded him with calls of "Run Ted, Run."

However, Cruz ignored direct questions about a presidential campaign when he met with reporters after the speech.

He told conservatives in the audience, "Each of you is here because we are part of a grassroots fire that is sweeping this country.… We are building an army."

On Friday, Perry and Paul pounced on Obama's "we don't have a strategy yet" comments earlier in the week regarding the violent militant faction of Islamic State attacking cities in Iraq.

"Yesterday, the president admitted he had no strategy to deal with ISIS," Perry said, drawing hoots and hisses from a packed convention hall. "The deepening chaos in Iraq, Syria, Gaza, and Ukraine is all the clear and compelling evidence the world needs of a president one step behind, lurching from crisis to crisis."

Paul fired up the audience by suggesting that Obama's lack of leadership showed he'd been on the job too long.

NUKE THEM TILL THEY PUKE!!!!!!
I hope he runs because he's a bigger idiot than Palin.
brad

Marlborough, CT

#177005 Aug 31, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You didnt know what to say so you said something stupid to cover your tracks:
Yes, terrorists are at the border. No, Obama has not taken our guns, yet.
Repubs cant help you unless you get the hell out of the way. So, step aside. No we dont need to boots on the ground invade Iraq again to stop ISIS, just blow them to hell with our magnificent stealth, zero in on them war planes. Bingo!
Dead!
Unbelievable.

Oblamer has no strategy for combating ISIS,no strategy for the border crisis,no strategy for the Gaza crisis and no strategy in dealing with Russia.

Do we really need this incompetent buffoon for anything,at all?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min DanFromSmithville 160,851
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Lily Boca Raton Fl 1,220,137
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Valerie 324,392
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? (Sep '14) 11 min Ga Girl 56 3,389
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 13 min serfs up 148
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 13 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 2
News Biden: 'Guys a you have to step up' to fight vi... 16 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 99
News Can Jeb Bush win the GOP nomination by praising... 3 hr barefoot2626 94
More from around the web