'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#176781 Aug 29, 2014
The audio tape release of Mitch McConnell cozying up to the Kochs is raising some eyebrows back home in Kentucky. Particularly that part where he tells the billionaires gathered at the Koch retreat that the "the worst day of my political life" was when the campaign spending limits in McCain-Feingold passed. So the Courier-Journal decided to take a look at the financial relationship between McConnell and the Kochs.

My research finds $40,800 in contributions from the Koch family and PAC to McConnell's re-election campaign. But the PAC of Koch Industries has also given $25,000 this election cycle to McConnell's own PAC, Bluegrass Committee.
All the immediate family members of the Kochs have donated the maximum limits to McConnell, along with the PAC contributions, which the McConnell PAC can use for some travel and consultants and staff. As of yet, the Kochs and their Americans for Prosperity haven't directed any of their millions into television ads in Kentucky.
But the Koch/McConnell connection in the state runs deep. The state director for the Koch's AFP is one Julie Crigler, who just happens to be married to Chase Crigler, Northern Kentucky field representative for McConnell. It's all just one big happy family.

Remember when Republicans said that the Koch brothers were just too obscure for the people back home to care about, and how it was a losing political issue for Harry Reid and the Democrats? Seems like the local media in Kentucky, at least, disagrees.

No local worries, kiss up, Kentuckians will never know!!!

Koch brothers, bribe taking campaigners, going well Turtleboy!!
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#176782 Aug 29, 2014
Some of you Bozos have already tried to claim Dems are going to shut down the Govt.!! WHat a joke your party has become!

"Republican congressional leaders are running around to every reporter in sight to claim that they have no plans to shut down the government. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is all "Remember me? I am the guy that gets us out of shutdowns," and House Speaker John Boehner's people are similarly "ruling out a repeat" of last year's shutdown. But why ever would we believe them?
Even if you set aside the fact that Boehner and McConnell will say anything to protect their party's election chances, and set aside McConnell having laid out a strategy clearly designed to force a shutdown and blame it on the president, there's a reason these claims don't carry a lot of weight. McConnell "leads" a caucus that includes Sens. Ted Cruz and Mike Lee. Boehner "leads" a caucus that includes Reps. Steve King, Michele Bachmann, and a substantial vandal caucus. Boehner, for instance, faces this:

Ten of the 12 House Republicans who didn’t support John Boehner’s 2013 selection as speaker are cruising to November victories, despite the business community’s attempts to knock some of them off. Representative Ted Yoho’s primary victory in Florida last night completed the sweep, while the remaining two ran for the Senate and lost.
Yoho will be joined, post-election, by almost a dozen new members who have said on the campaign trail they won’t support Boehner or have refused to commit to him.

You think a House leader as weak as John Boehner has proven himself to be can get these people to do much of anything? Even if he really wants to? In fact, some Republicans are already making not-too-veiled shutdown threats:

Funding to keep the government open runs out on Sept. 30. And conservative Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) warned this week that “all bets are off” on passing a stopgap funding bill if Obama unilaterally takes action to make it easier for millions of undocumented immigrants to remain in the U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a prospective 2016 presidential hopeful who stood with Cruz, said he also expects Republicans will try to attach a rider to the temporary spending bill to combat Obama’s executive action.
Never mind House Budget Committee Chair Paul Ryan really laying our fears to rest by immediately following his denial that there will be a shutdown by saying "If there is a government shutdown, it'll be because the Democrats brought it about." That's convincing!
Boehner and McConnell aren't innocents—they'll take any hostage they think they can get away with taking—but they're also not the last word in Republican shutdown plans. In today's Republican Party, the last word goes to the most extreme of the extremists."
Kos

No TEabaggers here!!!!
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#176783 Aug 29, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the Romney Campaign Etch-a-Sketch comment...
"Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney's senior campaign adviser, was asked in a CNN interview Wednesday morning whether the former Massachusetts governor had been forced to adopt conservative positions in the rugged race that could hurt his standing with moderates in November's general election.
"I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes," Fehrnstrom responded. "It's almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up, and we start all over again."
Yeah, NO it doesn't work that way Swiss Mitt, Etch-a-Sketch, outsourcer in chief, Mr. 47%
You don't get to shake it up like a toy and it all goes away.
Looks like he wants to shake it up again while the teabagger CONS repuke their clown candidate line-up. Maybe he has a new Etch-a-Sketch...haha

I guess topix had to move their judge its to the bottom of the post so people could judge the videos now that were hiding the box. Guess they couldn't figure out just reducing the zoom tool to 50% to judge them. hahaha

Great posts. I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#176784 Aug 29, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughable. Buffett and Berkshire is one and the same
Go back to sleep
"Ignorant dumbass is no way to go through life!! "

Nobody said they weren't ignorant dumbass, if you could read you'd know I said they are not "investing" in it ignorant dumbass, they are funding it!!!

Ignorant dumbass is no way to go through life!!

IS there a difference between investing and funding someone elses' investment ignorant dumbass?

DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#176785 Aug 29, 2014
Every human on earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd give a thousand dollars to punch you in the throat!
You have probably never seen a thousand dollars candyass. Typical teahadist CON mentality...resort to violence and filthy talk is all you got crybaby. Glad my posts chap your sorryass like they do the foulmouth Dorothy. As wimpy as you guys are most women could probably take you out. Little sissy girls. gth

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

Since: May 14

Manhasset, NY

#176786 Aug 29, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like he wants to shake it up again while the teabagger CONS repuke their clown candidate line-up. Maybe he has a new Etch-a-Sketch...haha
I guess topix had to move their judge its to the bottom of the post so people could judge the videos now that were hiding the box. Guess they couldn't figure out just reducing the zoom tool to 50% to judge them. hahaha
RIP GOP
ALISON 2014
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Just one question...What are you going to do when Mitch wins?
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#176787 Aug 29, 2014
Mitch McConnell Puts His Foot In His Mouth By Calling The Founding Fathers Radicals

Yesterday it was revealed that Mitch McConnell assured the Koch brothers that Republicans exist to serve the interests of the billionaire oil magnates, but he also promised that a Republican Senate would fulfill the Kochs’ greatest desire; America with no federal government. McConnell thanked the Koch brothers’ Supreme Court puppets for giving the Kochs a means to fight against the “party of government;” he was not talking solely about Democrats. McConnell asserted that belief in, and support for, the government is “an act of true radicalism,” something that makes the Founding Fathers and the great majority of Americans “true radicals.” McConnell claimed the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and Federal Elections Commission (FEC) are waging a “full-tilt assault” on conservatives who want the federal government abolished once and for all. Don’t believe it?

It is worth reiterating that on Sunday when Paul Ryan complained that a Republican-controlled House could not put an end to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act without a Republican Senate, he clearly was in league with McConnell’s claim that Republicans will go after “all of it.” Over the past three years many Republicans called for ending the minimum wage, taxation, pensions, child labor laws, unemployment insurance, overtime pay, workplace safety regulations, food stamps, assistance for seniors, and education, or in McConnell’s words,“all of it.”

The reason Republicans appear to be void of ideas and lack an agenda to govern is because they never intended to govern except to eliminate the government that McConnell claims is true radicalism. If the past three years has failed to convince Americans that Republicans’ raison d’être is taking everything from the people, including their government, the Republicans’ full commitment to the Koch brothers vision of America is all the proof they need
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/28/mcconn...

Thanks for the "get out the vote" recruiting tool turtleman....we love that Koch sucking sound you make. haha

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
1 post removed

Since: May 14

Manhasset, NY

#176789 Aug 29, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ignorant dumbass is no way to go through life!! "
Nobody said they weren't ignorant dumbass, if you could read you'd know I said they are not "investing" in it ignorant dumbass, they are funding it!!!
IS there a difference between investing and funding someone elses' investment ignorant dumbass?
As if that's not an investment...and you call people dumb ass

bwahahahahahahahahahaha
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#176790 Aug 29, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one question...What are you going to do when Mitch wins?
"IF" he wins, move on to the next election like I did when the rughead GRANDrand beat Conway. Hopefully after that tape gets played enough Kentuckians will open their eyes and see he has kept this state at the bottom of everything, will cut their livelihood even more, and has proven he cares more about billionaires and millionaires interests over Kentuckians and the whole country's.

"So in the House and Senate, we own the budget...so what does that mean? That means that we can pass the spending bill. And I assure you that in the spending bill, we will be pushing back against this bureaucracy by doing what's called placing riders in the bill. No money can be spent to do this or to do that. We're going to go after them on healthcare, on financial services, on the Environmental Protection Agency, across the board ... All across the federal government, we're going to go after it."
---------- Mitch McConnell

Kentuckians and Americans are tired of his obstruction. Why else do you think he is running scared and trying to buy the election. It's not a cake walk for him this time around. It's still a toss up.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#176791 Aug 29, 2014
UAW Announces New Cadillacs To Be Made By UAW Workers In Spring Hill Tenn.
Source: NH Labor News

Spring Hill, Tenn.– Today, in a victory for Tennessee’s workers and families, UAW International Union and Local 1853 joined with General Motors executives to announce the Cadillac SRX as one of two future mid-size vehicles set for manufacturing at the Spring Hill plant, as well as a $191 million investment at the Spring Hill Complex for a new Small Gas Engine (SGE) program. Today’s news means that GM will retain 415 jobs at the Spring Hill facility.

“GM’s investment today is a huge testament to its confidence in Spring Hill’s workers, and is a great example of the economic opportunities we’ve been able to create here in Tennessee as a result of the collective bargaining process,” said UAW Vice President Cindy Estrada.“Today’s announcement is proof we can achieve great things when workers have a seat at the table and the chance to share their ideas for how to constantly improve the products we manufacture. It’s great to see our union continue to grow, but even greater to see how the people of Tennessee will benefit from these good jobs. I’m proud to stand here with UAW autoworkers and our colleagues from GM who worked together to make this huge victory for Spring Hill a reality.”

The GM plant in Spring Hill currently employs 1,575 workers who construct engines, stamping, and molding for GM vehicles. After the plant was idled in 2009, it was a priority of the UAW to see it reopened in 2011, when UAW members used the power of collective bargaining to bring these jobs back to the local community.

FULL story at link.

Read more: http://nhlabornews.com/2014/08/uaw-announces-...

Looks like that union worked for you Tn trolls after all. hahahahahaha

UNION YES

Get out the VOTE.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#176792 Aug 29, 2014
Koch-Sucking Republican Governors Association Caught On Video Heaping Praise On Evil Koch Brothers!

What do the Koch brothers get for their campaign funding and lavish hospitality? Anything they want. And now, GOP governors are up for sale.

Why bother voting your constituents' interests, when you can buy ads that convince voters to support the Koch brothers' interests instead?

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/koch-suckin...

Pucker up loser lemming tools. lol

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#176793 Aug 29, 2014
A Kentucky Objection to McConnell’s Pandering to Millionaires and Billionaires

When the political mercenaries of American oligarchy jet off to consort with their electoral paymasters, they never imagine that the interactions will have consequences with constituents. The meetings are conducted in secret, the commitments that are made are never supposed to be revealed.

But, as Mitt Romney learned during the 2012 campaign, this is a new political era—when the old back-room banter about abandoning “the 47 percent” can go public and become the rallying cry for an opponent.

Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell was learning that Wednesday, as revelations about the top Republican’s pledges to serve the agenda of the billionaire Koch brothers came back to haunt him on the campaign trail in Kentucky. Within hours after the revelation of McConnell promising a room full of millionaires and billionaires that he would block minimum-wage increases, the extension of unemployment benefits and student-loan debt relief, his Democratic challenger was signaling that the senator would be held to account at home.

Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, the Democratic candidate whose populist challenge has made McConnell’s re-election race a polling “toss up,” responded by linking the incumbent's remarks at the secret session to those of Romney at a secret session in 2012.“I think Mitch McConnell got caught in his 47 percent Mitt Romney moment," she told CNN. "I think it shows the extent and the lengths he will go to to pander to his party millionaires and billionaires at the expense of hurting Kentuckians.”
http://www.thenation.com/blog/181408/kentucky...

“I think Mitch McConnell got caught in his 47 percent Mitt Romney moment," she told CNN haha

Pucker those thin no lips up turtleman.....

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#176794 Aug 29, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP GOP
ALISON 2014
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Here's an equation for you.

THe effect of the rightwing noise machine is diminishing. The process goes...

Find anything in news, convert the meaning of what ever it is to the favored GOTP position at the time, promote and prompt blame for whatever the fabricated greivance is on Obama and Dems.

Two things have happened,

Proven bonkers too many times, think Cliven Bundy, Zimmermann, the Hostage shut down of Government last year. Public figures out they're bonkers, blatant cheap opportunist, racist, ignorant too but that's for another day! But, they consistantly forget, cerebral cortex remembers what they said and did in the past, so does the interwebby thingy!!

They run out of stories and grasp for too many ridiculous things and the time it takes for the nuttinest to break throuhg and the general public learn the GOTP is at the heart of the story twisting shortens every time. Over-reaching!!

So now, they're stories have a much shorter life span and they need to constantly fling poo at the wall, ridiculousness afetr ridiculousness but each story gets debunked faster and faster.

The life span of the crazy is decreasing.
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#176795 Aug 29, 2014
"they're stories " {Auto correct} Their stories...
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#176796 Aug 29, 2014
hahaha....more news for the TN troll sissyboys

Yet Another GOP State Is Moving To Expand Medicaid Under Obamacare

In a growing trend, Tennessee looks like it will be the next Republican-led state to move toward expanding Medicaid under Obamacare.

The Tennessean reported that Gov. Bill Haslam (R) said Thursday that Tennessee would aim to submit a Medicaid expansion plan to the Department of Health and Human Services "some time this fall." The program would cover more than 150,000 low-income residents in the state.

Like 24 other states, almost all of them with statehouses controlled by Republicans, Tennessee declined to expand Medicaid in the initial rollout of Obamacare last year, leaving tens of thousands of people uninsured. Since then two of those states have changed course and embraced Medicaid expansion, and another three states have expressed an interest in doing so. Tennessee now joins the latter group.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/tenness...

OBAMAcare is better than GOP NOcare.

Told ya it would be a success. Notice how the repukes have dropped that at their mantra. haha

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
The Ghost

Bardstown, KY

#176797 Aug 29, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Koch-Sucking Republican Governors Association Caught On Video Heaping Praise On Evil Koch Brothers!
What do the Koch brothers get for their campaign funding and lavish hospitality? Anything they want. And now, GOP governors are up for sale.
Why bother voting your constituents' interests, when you can buy ads that convince voters to support the Koch brothers' interests instead?
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/koch-suckin...
Pucker up loser lemming tools. lol
RIP GOP
ALISON 2014
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
I shall return...soon

Hahahahaha
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#176798 Aug 29, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
A Kentucky Objection to McConnell’s Pandering to Millionaires and Billionaires
When the political mercenaries of American oligarchy jet off to consort with their electoral paymasters, they never imagine that the interactions will have consequences with constituents. The meetings are conducted in secret, the commitments that are made are never supposed to be revealed.
But, as Mitt Romney learned during the 2012 campaign, this is a new political era—when the old back-room banter about abandoning “the 47 percent” can go public and become the rallying cry for an opponent.
Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell was learning that Wednesday, as revelations about the top Republican’s pledges to serve the agenda of the billionaire Koch brothers came back to haunt him on the campaign trail in Kentucky. Within hours after the revelation of McConnell promising a room full of millionaires and billionaires that he would block minimum-wage increases, the extension of unemployment benefits and student-loan debt relief, his Democratic challenger was signaling that the senator would be held to account at home.
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, the Democratic candidate whose populist challenge has made McConnell’s re-election race a polling “toss up,” responded by linking the incumbent's remarks at the secret session to those of Romney at a secret session in 2012.“I think Mitch McConnell got caught in his 47 percent Mitt Romney moment," she told CNN. "I think it shows the extent and the lengths he will go to to pander to his party millionaires and billionaires at the expense of hurting Kentuckians.”
http://www.thenation.com/blog/181408/kentucky...
“I think Mitch McConnell got caught in his 47 percent Mitt Romney moment," she told CNN haha
Pucker those thin no lips up turtleman.....
RIP GOP
ALISON 2014
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Have a great weekend, enjoy the nuts...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#176799 Aug 29, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>Remember the Romney Campaign Etch-a-Sketch comment...

"Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney's senior campaign adviser, was asked in a CNN interview Wednesday morning whether the former Massachusetts governor had been forced to adopt conservative positions in the rugged race that could hurt his standing with moderates in November's general election.

"I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes," Fehrnstrom responded. "It's almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up, and we start all over again."

Yeah, NO it doesn't work that way Swiss Mitt, Etch-a-Sketch, outsourcer in chief, Mr. 47%

You don't get to shake it up like a toy and it all goes away.
Harry Reid: NFL Redskins have tried to "buy off" some of my Nevada Indians..........well gosh Harry buy offs sure worked for you and Obama.
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#176800 Aug 29, 2014
It really worries me that all you hate mongers breed. This ensures another generation that will hate others because they have a different belief. Politics and religion....the root cause of all wars! Just wipe out anyone that believes differently than you do
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#176801 Aug 29, 2014
President has a press conference and all the loser teahadist CONS can talk about is his tan suit. Go figure. Bunch of dumbasses. Here's 10 thoughts for you loser lemmings:

Top 10 Things About Money To Blame On President Obama

OMG! You won’t believe what President Obama has done now. Everything these days is the president’s fault. So let me show you his top 10 economy faults.

The deficit dropped 70 percent from President Obama’s first year in office. That means the deficit hawks who have been poo-ing all over about “too much borrowing” will not be able to squawk about it now. And our grandchildren will be not burdened with a humongous debt, then forced to make those terrible choices – so terrible they cannot be named? Well that is fixed. Thanks a lot, Obama.

The economy grew at 4.2 percent from April to June! That’s even higher than the anticipated 4.0 percent. If the economy keeps improving that means there will be more jobs. Thanks a lot, Obama.
The deficit was $680 billion just last year. This year it will be $506 billion. The president just saved us a hunk of change. Thanks a lot, Obama.

Medicare spending will go down by about $95 billion by 2019. The conservatives tell us the flood of Baby Boomers are retiring, so Medicare will consume the “entire federal budget.” That $95 billion Obama saved is enough to cover “unemployment insurance, welfare and Amtrak together or 20 percent of the Pentagon budget in 2019. Thanks a lot, Obama.

People will not have to suffer the fiscal pain the Republican doomsayers predicted, since the country’s bottom line got so much better. When there’s less worry about money, fewer people will get divorces, the number of battered women will go down and the kids will do better in school. Thanks a lot, Obama.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”) has helped hospitals do the job right the first time rather than getting sick people back time and time again. Thanks a lot, Obama.
Obamacare treats the whole person rather than a leg here and a heart there. And that eliminates a bunch of expensive tests and stuff. Thanks a lot, Obama.

Obamacare catches conditions far earlier than before — when they are less expensive to treat than if the patient has waited. Obamacare pays for preventive care like mammograms and a yearly checkup. Thanks a lot, Obama.

We don’t have to “rein in entitlements,” because Obamacare saves us so much money. The Republicans cannot scare us about dumping Grandma off of Medicare, food stamps or her prescriptions. Thanks a lot, Obama.

All of the country’s good and services (GDP) rose while exports and state and local government spending helped the country grow. And if we didn’t import all those goods from China, etc., the country would be in even better shape. So the dollar’s value went up while the euro fell. Thanks a lot, Obama.

So we agree with all those GOP’ers who want all the little kids to get out their big pencils and write to Barack Hussein Obama. But they can honestly tell him: Thanks a lot, Mr. President!
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/28/top-1...

Thanks Mr President. And for the crybaby poster talking about gas prices. Look it up, not that ANY President is responsible for big oil's prices. It won't cost us more to get out and enjoy the end of summer weekend.....hahaha

Labor Day Gas Prices Lowest Since 2010

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min red and right 292,931
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Hidingfromyou 131,818
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? 4 min Sniper II 1,920
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 6 min tear down this fail 28
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 13 min red and right 191
Cuba releases American Alan Gross in swap 14 min hahaha 7
Cain, on Letterman, again denies harassment (Nov '11) 14 min latenight50 10
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Portlandia 1,153,049
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 22 min red and right 580
Elizabeth Warren was told to stay quiet, but sh... 54 min foster 142