'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 182389 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#172863 Aug 4, 2014
House Panel: No White House Wrongdoing In Benghazi

The Republican-led House Intelligence Committee concluded there was no wrongdoing by the White House in the September, 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

The panel voted Thursday to declassify the report, the result of two years of investigation by the committee. U.S. intelligence agencies will have to approve making the report public.

[California Democrat Mike] Thompson [pictured] said the report “confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given.”
That conflicts with accusations of administration wrongdoing voiced by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Vista (San Diego County), whose House Government Oversight and Reform Committee has held hearings on the Benghazi attack.

Among the findings:

–“There was no ‘stand-down order’ given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, no illegal activity or illegal arms transfers occurring by U.S. personnel in Benghazi, and no American was left behind.”

– The administration’s process for developing “talking points” was “flawed, but the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis.”

http://www.alan.com/2014/08/04/house-panel-no...

Proving what we sane, rational, fact finders already knew.

All those millions of taxpayers dollars funding all these made up scandals for political purposes will bite them.

Yet, America still voted Obama and Hillary the MOST ADMIRED man and woman right after Benghazi. Of course that was the MAJORITY, you teabagger CONS have problems distinguishing the difference in your MINORITY. haha

Obama, Clinton Continue Reign as Most Admired

Dec 30, 2013 · Americans name Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton as Most Admired Man and Woman again this year,... Sixteen percent named Obama,...
www.gallup.com/.../obama-clinton-continue-rei...

Obama, Hillary Clinton Polled As Most Admired Living Man ...
Dec 30, 2013 ·... Hillary Clinton as the world's most admired ... named President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as the world's most admired ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/30/obama-hilla... ...

Obama, Hillary Clinton are most admired, poll says - CBS News
... Obama is the most admired living man among Americans, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is the most admired living woman,... named most admired woman ...
www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-hillary-clinton-ar...

Google it.....it's a FACT!!! haha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#172864 Aug 4, 2014
Impeachment was a Republican threat from the moment Barack Obama was inaugurated.

Impeachment was a Republican threat from the moment Barack Obama was inaugurated.

Thanks to Tommy Christopher for this terrific compilation of moments where Republicans have been using impeachment as a cudgel to block every single thing Democrats try to get done.

On October 8, 2009 Floyd Brown -- former chairman of Citizens United -- did a radio interview with Alan Colmes. At the time Brown was promoting his impeachment website, barely nine months after President Obama's first inaugural. I had a little conversation with the two of them. Here's Brown's reply to my pointed question about why he would dare bring up the word "impeach" when this president was elected by an overwhelming majority.

With condescending patience, he explained that impeachment is a political, not legal action. He justifies his position by interpreting the phrase “high crimes and misdemeanors” as “bad behavior”. He further defends his allegation of “bad behavior” by claiming that President Obama has badmouthed the US in foreign countries, and acts in a way that “we don’t approve of”.

You can listen to the audio of his interview over at ThinkProgress.
It is a political, not a legal action, you see. Each and every time you hear the Republicans in Tommy's video compilation use that word, remember that they use it as a political weapon, not a legal one. They know they haven't got a legal leg to stand on, Boehner lawsuit notwithstanding.

March 10, 2009 - Michael Savage calls for impeachment over Obama's revocation of George W. Bush's stem cell research ban.

October 8, 2009 - Floyd Brown makes an appearance on Alan Colmes' show to announce and promote his website calling for impeachment.
November, 2009 - Andrew Breitbart says he wants an impeachment and he wants it now!

(long list of some from 2008 - 2014 on page)
August 3, 2014 - Juan Williams calls out Heritage CEO Jim Demint for ginning up "all-white" impeachment supporters. Meanwhile, Rep. Steve King begs Obama not to "make [Republicans] impeach him.

Will they actually do it? Jonathan Chait predicted this back in 2010:
Hear me now and believe me later: If Republicans win and maintain control of the House of Representatives, they are going to impeach President Obama. They won't do it right away. And they won't succeed in removing Obama.(You need 67 Senate votes.) But if Obama wins a second term, the House will vote to impeach him before he leaves office.

Wait, you say. What will they impeach him over? You can always find something.

That was before the 2010 midterms. So when I see headlines suggesting that Democrats' enthusiasm is low, or they're just not going to vote in November, I imagine Chait's prediction coming to pass and think we would have no one to blame but ourselves.

The scam comes from the right. Whether they actually carry it out is entirely up to us.

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/impeachment...

haha, think if he was WHITE they would have shamed America? We are lucky he has got some things done without the obstructing, politically/not American driven teabagger CONS.

Cry all you want loser lemming tools, it's a FACT.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#172865 Aug 4, 2014
I just love this part of that article the whiner trolls cry about...haha

So, on the heels of a nearly flawless jobs report, I thought I’d finally give in and make a list of a few things Republicans can blame on President Obama:

Job losses were cut by more than 50% within his first 4 months in office.

He saved the American auto industry.

Has cut our deficits by more than half.

Killed Osama bin Ladin.

Got Syria to give up their chemical weapons without firing a single shot.
Presided over record breaking stock levels (with the Dow just recently closing over 17,000 for the first time in its 118-year history).
Reduced unemployment from 10% to 6.1%.

We just saw the fastest first quarter of job growth in the United States since 1999.

The quickest drop in unemployment in 30 years.

52 straight months of private sector job growth.

9.7 million private sector jobs created.

Over 8 million people signed up for health care thanks to the Affordable Care Act.

Millions of Americans have gained, or kept, health care coverage thanks to Medicaid expansions and being able to stay on their parents’ insurance longer.

He hasn’t started a single war.

Hasn’t tried to confiscate a single gun.

I could go on, but I think that’s a good enough list of things Republicans can blame on President Obama. Though I’m sure many Republicans reading this aren’t aware of most of what I just listed, because Fox News rarely reports any of that.

And might I also remind conservatives, he’s done all of this without any help from congressional Republicans. In fact, he’s done all of this in spite of their best efforts to obstruct him at every turn.

So, Republicans, I say blame away. Blame President Obama for everything I just listed above. I’ll go ahead and predict that you can also blame him for next month’s jobs report that will show we added jobs for the 53rd consecutive month. You know what, Republicans should probably just go ahead and blame President Obama for the unemployment rate falling below 6% sometime in the next 2-3 months, if not next month.

Because you damn sure know if it were a Republican who presided over everything I just listed above, you’d be calling him an American hero and a conservative legend.

- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/list-of-th...

Better hurry and slither in, I am out to swim and enjoy the beautiful day before it gets real hot. Couple more reading posts for the postal freak to stomp about and I am outta here. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#172866 Aug 4, 2014
Retired Coal Miner To EPA:‘We’re Dying, Literally Dying For You To Help Us’

A retired coal miner traveled roughly 1,300 miles from his home in Harlan County, Kentucky to Denver, Colorado where the Environmental Protection Agency was holding public hearings on its new proposed regulations to cut carbon pollution from power plants.
In the five minutes he was allotted, Stanley Sturgill spoke to the EPA about how he now suffers from black lung diseases among other respiratory illnesses and how the pollution from coal plants were adversely affecting not only his health, but the public’s too. His plea:“We’re dying, literally dying for you to help us.”

The hearing in Denver was one of several the EPA held across the country Tuesday and Wednesday to gauge public opinion on the Clean Power Plan, the new proposed regulations to cut carbon pollution emitted from existing power plants by 30 percent by 2030 proposed in early June. Other hearings this week on the rule were held in Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Washington, D.C. At EPA’s headquarters in D.C., pollution’s health effects dominated the concerns of speakers giving their testimonies.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/07/31/3...

McCONnell supports COAL companies, not coal MINERS.

Grimes supports COAL MINERS.

she has received the endorsement of the United Mine Workers of America, which refused to back Obama in 2012.

Bet that pissed his OLD 72 yr old sorryass off. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#172867 Aug 4, 2014
Please Proceed: Republicans Hysterically Decide To Make Mitt Romney The Face of 2014

Fooled again.

That CNN poll showing that Romney would beat Obama today in a hypothetical match really got Republicans dreaming. They ignore that Romney would lose in a hypothetical match against former secretary of state Hillary Clinton by 55 percent to 42 percent, and instead focus on how Romney would beat Obama in a hypothetical match. So they’re trying to sell Romney fever again. Romney is so popular, they tell us, that he’s out stumping for Republicans, while they claim no one wants to be seen with Obama.

Does the public fantasize about a different person in the White House magically making Republicans do their jobs and thus changing things? Of course they do. That’s the entire point of the Republican obstruction. But only the very childish believe in comparing fantasy to reality. So, that means that Republicans are giddily shoving Mitt Romney out there.
The echoes of President Obama should warn them as Democrats smile,“Please proceed.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/03/double...

Yes,“Please proceed.” Maybe he can give ole crazy eyes a chance since the quitter caribou queen had hers. hahaha

Romney/Bachmann 2016

hahahahaha, too funny

RIP GOP

HILLARY/WARREN 2016 - WOMEN POWER....haha

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#172868 Aug 4, 2014
Juan Williams Suggests Calls To Impeach Obama Have Racist Undertones (VIDEO)

Fox News pundit Juan Williams on Sunday suggested that conservatives calling for President Obama's impeachment are racist given that they mostly come from white people.

During a "Fox News Sunday" panel, Heritage Foundation CEO Michael Needham said that while conservatives were concerned that Obama is "lawless," Democrats are pushing the impeachment rhetoric.

Read More →
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news

haha, fauxbox pundits continue to amaze me eating their own.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#172869 Aug 4, 2014
Okay, one more before I leave for the day.....have fun reading some FACTS and be sure and leave me some laughs.

The Only Way to Fix Our Government is if Conservatives Stop Watching Fox News

The blatant misinformation and propaganda that’s pushed on that network is appalling. It’s not news. Not even close. It’s nothing more than a bunch of conservatives sitting in front of cameras telling other conservatives what they want to hear.

That’s it.
They don’t report news, they push propaganda.
I always go back to the weeks leading up to the 2012 elections where Fox News was the only channel claiming that the presidential race would be close, or even go to Mitt Romney. Then when President Obama absolutely hammered Romney, quite a few conservatives believed the election was rigged.

The reason they believed that is because for weeks Fox News had been lying to them about how the election was going to turn out. After all, if the “truthful” Fox News said the election would be close, or go to Romney, how in the world did Obama win so easily? It had to be rigged, right?

Nope.

It’s because Fox News had been lying to conservatives the entire time. They were telling them what they wanted to hear.
Even on this current immigration crisis, do you think Fox News reported on the statement John Boehner made admitting that the cause for this situation is linked to a law signed by George W. Bush in 2008 and President Obama was actually trying to fix the law?

Of course not.

With all this talk of amnesty, do you think you’ll ever see Fox News report that “conservative icon” Ronald Reagan passed an amnesty bill in 1986?

That would be a negative on that one as well.

Hell, depending on which poll you find, around 30-40 percent of conservatives still don’t believe President Obama is an American citizen.

It’s why some polls have found that people who watch no news at all are more likely to be accurate about basic factual information than someone who cites Fox News as their main source for information.

Fox News is why nothing can get done in Washington. They’ve spent the last 5+ years doing everything they can to slander President Obama to such a point that even if Republicans in Congress wanted to work with him, they couldn’t.

They’re doing this because polls are showing that it’s backfiring on them and is threatening to alienate independent voters heading into this year’s elections. And it’s really ticking them off that Democrats have benefited greatly financially from their ridiculous impeachment propaganda.

And behind all this absurdity is Fox News.

A channel that’s put together consisting of right-wing morning shows, mid-afternoon gossip groups and a primetime line up of conservative pundits that are eager to tell conservatives exactly what they want to hear.

It’s why you really only hear about the IRS “scandal,” Benghazi and other right-wing conspiracy theories on Fox News – because they’re the ones trying to create the story. Then they get outraged that the “lamestream media” won’t “report the truth.”

They want to blatantly lie, then get upset because other media entities won’t help them perpetuate their lies. And, of course, this means that everyone else is “refusing to report the truth.”

Tell me, what makes more sense:

Every other major media outlet in this country is liberally biased – or -
Fox News creates, then perpetuates, right-wing propaganda that nobody else will report on because it’s completely made up by them.

Fox News has no interest in reporting facts, truth or even using common sense. They exists to push the conservative agenda – and that’s it. And Fox News can’t do that when reality often contradicts what conservatives want to be real, but isn’t.

- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/only-way-f...

Low informed/IQ voters are what the teabagger CONS want. Glad they are the minority.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

Have fun troll
GOTP

Boston, MA

#172870 Aug 4, 2014
What everyone outside Faux Snews knows and has known for a long time now!!

"(08-01) 11:42 PDT WASHINGTON -- The House Intelligence Committee, led by Republicans, has concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, said Rep. Mike Thompson of St. Helena, the second-ranking Democrat on the committee.

The panel voted Thursday to declassify the report, the result of two years of investigation by the committee. U.S. intelligence agencies will have to approve making the report public.

Thompson said the report "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given."

That conflicts with accusations of administration wrongdoing voiced by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Vista (San Diego County), whose House Government Oversight and Reform Committee has held hearings on the Benghazi attack.

Stevens, who grew up in Piedmont, and the other Americans died when Libyans attacked the consulate on Sept. 11, 2012. Among the Intelligence Committee's findings, according to Thompson:

-- Intelligence agencies were "warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened."

-- "A mixed group of individuals, including those associated with al Qaeda,(Moammar) Khadafy loyalists and other Libyan militias, participated in the attack."

-- "There was no 'stand-down order' given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, no illegal activity or illegal arms transfers occurring by U.S. personnel in Benghazi, and no American was left behind."

-- The administration's process for developing "talking points" was "flawed, but the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis."

Those talking points included assertions that those who attacked the compound were angered by an obscure anti-Muhammad video posted to YouTube in the U.S. There is disagreement to this day about whether that was the case.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/House-...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#172871 Aug 4, 2014
The Israeli government should go to synagogue tonight and pray that there is no God.
okkk

Torrance, CA

#172872 Aug 4, 2014
ok
I am Amazed

Kingsport, TN

#172873 Aug 4, 2014
ILoveitHere wrote:
The Israeli government should go to synagogue tonight and pray that there is no God.
I don't know whether you (the filthy muslime, that you are), or the stupid liberals that judge you are the most ignorant! Israel will stomp the dogshit out palystine and all queer muslimes on this planet!

God bless the nation of Israel!

allah is scum and does not exist!
DITCH MITCH

Georgetown, KY

#172874 Aug 4, 2014
Seriously....does anyone read any of my post or do you just see the author and scroll to the next one?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#172875 Aug 4, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Seriously....does anyone read any of my post or do you just see the author and scroll to the next one?
Lol. I se your posts and scroll to the next for a couple of reasons. For one almost all of what you post is just spamming from other web sites so the few comments you make that could possibly be authentic opinion are missed.

Another reason is that most people are not interested in reading a wall of text.

While I would be interested in legitimate, intelligent discussion, I'm not interested in your spamming wall of texts. Seems more just advertisements for your political candidates.
I am Amazed

Kingsport, TN

#172876 Aug 4, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
NO! And YES!

You know Mitch is going to win, and win BIG; so you are scared to death!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#172877 Aug 4, 2014
I am Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know whether you (the filthy muslime, that you are), or the stupid liberals that judge you are the most ignorant! Israel will stomp the dogshit out palystine and all queer muslimes on this planet!
God bless the nation of Israel!
allah is scum and does not exist!
How could I possibly be offended by such rubbish??

You should get to praying as well. Wherever you pray, pray hard.
GOTP

Boston, MA

#172878 Aug 4, 2014
Sarah Poutin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I se your posts and scroll to the next for a couple of reasons. For one almost all of what you post is just spamming from other web sites so the few comments you make that could possibly be authentic opinion are missed.
Another reason is that most people are not interested in reading a wall of text.
While I would be interested in legitimate, intelligent discussion, I'm not interested in your spamming wall of texts. Seems more just advertisements for your political candidates.
I guess it's time to actually read something even if it appears to YOU to be a "wall of text", LMAO!!!!!

Seems, currently, you cannot decipher who you're actually talking to!!!!

"Tea Party vanquishes Cantor so he can become a Wall Street power broker

by digby

Poor, poor Eric Cantor. Losing was a terrible blow. It was so painful that he felt he couldn't even serve out the rest of his term. So he resigned last week altogether.

I'd imagine this will help salve the hurt the just a little bit:

GOP insiders said Cantor has already been approached by a number of K Street lobby shops, companies and Wall Street firms, but has not engaged in any serious negotiations with any of these potential suitors at this point, according to several sources familiar with the conversations.

“He will have opportunities in the traditional Washington political world,” said Nels Olson, a top headhunter at Korn Ferry.“I think he could have Wall Street, investment banks or private equity firms interested given his relevant talents.”

While Cantor would be widely sought after in Washington, he is more seriously considering potential hedge fund, private equity or big bank opportunities, according to sources familiar with his post-Congress thinking.

Heads of law firms and lobbying outfits in Washington say they’ve received no signals that Cantor is heading their way.
“He’s not coming here. He’s done with this place,” said one firm head who has spoken to Cantor. Ivan Adler of McCormick Group said,“There are two famous streets in America that would be glad to employ him. Either Wall Street or K Street would pay him a pretty good chunk of change.”

The Virginia Republican has spent much of the summer months in the Hamptons, the wealthy Long Island enclave that becomes a playground for the rich and affluent each summer. His wife is fully immersed in corporate America — she serves on the boards of five corporations.

Cantor’s potential New York payday is a little harder to determine because it will depend on the structure of any firm he joined. Corporate headhunters said Cantor is likely to make well north of $1 million annually.
Poor, poor Eric Cantor. It just makes you want to cry.

The irony in all this, of course, is that he was beaten by someone considered to be hostile to the big banks and Wall Street. I suspect that within a very short time Cantor will be laughing all the way to his Cayman off shore account. And David Brat will likely be focusing on more important matters --- like "illegal" children stealing all of our good jobs and health care."

"The Virginia Republican has spent much of the summer months in the Hamptons, the wealthy Long Island enclave that becomes a playground for the rich and affluent each summer."

I'm sure he's really mad that the Teabaggers got rid of him!!!
HAHA

Kingsport, TN

#172879 Aug 4, 2014
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
How could I possibly be offended by such rubbish??
You should get to praying as well. Wherever you pray, pray hard.
When I pray, it will not be to a filthy muslime god, such as albendoverandtakeitintheass!

Since: Jul 14

Whittier, CA

#172880 Aug 4, 2014
ILoveitHere wrote:
You mean like praying to Allah to kill infidels, Jews, Westerners, Christians prosecuted all over middle east, decapitated innocent civilians, burning churches ...you're one ugly hypocrite ...pray to your Allah to give you some brain and pray to take all of the muslim fanatics because they have 72 virgins waiting for them in hell...

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#172881 Aug 4, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
And yes, you can log on US Topix and there you are trolling up and down the thread spreading your ignorance as usual. You don't get news PERIOD. Not even fauxsquawk, just topix rhetoric and propaganda from all the CONServaNUTZ crapola. haha Keep trolling leDUMBO, you will have 113,000 any day now. Loser lemming tool.
US sharpens criticism of Hamas, urges cease-fire 14 min Le Jimbo 212
Family of Tea Party leader arrested in Senate r... 17 min Le Jimbo 27
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Le Jimbo
Trolling, trolling, trolling, keep trying. hahaha
Let me post you and that postal freak some FACTS while I am in having lunch and cooling off.. We all know you are a basement dwelling troll. You prove it everyday up and down every thread. Just look sometime how much you are on one page.
You keep trying for that badge. Thanks for the laughs.
RIP GOP
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Were you trying to say something.......didn't think so. You need to practice your attacks more.
mammy

Lexington, KY

#172882 Aug 4, 2014
F#%* all government its ruined our country, they more worried about given money to illegals, other countries than our own citizens who need it
overpaid clowns leach off us and beg us to re-elect them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,232,817
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min I Am No One_ 309,872
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 min Terra Firma 59,873
News Demilitarizing the cops: States retool police t... 2 min Retired SOF 21
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 3 min xxxrayted 2,211
News Scott Walker Approved Pro-Immigration Reform Lo... 4 min goonsquad 13
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Sharrp Shooter 328,391
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 8 min Sneaky Pete 57
News Ireland same-sex marriage 2 hr NorCal Native 38
More from around the web