'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 285588 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Oct 09

#173331 Aug 7, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I own a Tesla Roadster.
I am all about reducing (eliminating) car pollution as well. However we were discussing coal.
AWESOME WHEELS!

“Take me to your leader”

Since: Aug 11

Smacking Down Stupidity

#173332 Aug 7, 2014
The Apostle wrote:
Well, so far looks like Clinton accomplished NOTHING yesterday... McConnell is ahead in the WKYT poll by almost 4 points.
http://www.wkyt.com/polls...
That only means more Republicans visit the WKYT website than Democrats.
We thats not entirely true. It also means that you don't understand the difference between a state wide representative poll and a participant (viewership) sampling.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#173333 Aug 7, 2014
The Apostle wrote:
Well, so far looks like Clinton accomplished NOTHING yesterday... McConnell is ahead in the WKYT poll by almost 4 points.
You are as ignorant as leDUMBO, posting sites or articles you clearly haven't read or understand. Your link:

Poll Results: Who do you plan on voting for in the U.S. Senate Race?
R-Mitch McConnell
51.52%

D-Alison Lundergan Grimes
48.48%

Total Responses - 493

hahaha,

The Republican incumbent currently has a small but significant 2.5 percentage-point lead, according to the latest RealClearPolitics average of polls, in a state that tends to vote heavily Republican in federal races.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...

This is AFTER last night....give it a rest old man. We will see what the next poll says. Close or tied is something he has never dealt with. Says a lot. People are tired of his DO NOTHING mentality. Much like yours.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

“Take me to your leader”

Smacking Down Stupidity

#173334 Aug 7, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
Feb 2013 - DOE/EPA Professor Fan- Clean Coal Energy - direct chemical looping 99% emission free...
Get Googley with it.
b
You do realize that is not a link?

“Take me to your leader”

Smacking Down Stupidity

#173335 Aug 7, 2014
Feb 2013 - DOE/EPA Professor Fan- Clean Coal Energy - direct chemical looping 99% emission free...
Get Googley with it.
b
First result.
http://www.midwestenergynews.com/2013/02/11/o...
"Ohio State’s carbon-capture breakthrough still has long road to adoption"
Not exactly verifying your claim.

“Take me to your leader”

Smacking Down Stupidity

#173336 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>
AWESOME WHEELS!
I like it and Thank you.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#173337 Aug 7, 2014
Obama Zombies wrote:
Secure U.S. border...don't care if it's Democrat or Republican president, just do it...
That's not an answer chemtrail serb, I ask, WHY didn't bush/cheney/rumsfield close the border after 9/11? Diverting as usual.

Oh I bet you are so happy to have your favorite )8~D> batshit crazy lisa loon back from topix timeout eh? hahaha

Keep lying, denying, and diverting....what you clowns do best.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#173338 Aug 7, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....you had to know they'd spam this one, AL. Denial, denial, denial. There was way too much proof of Obumbo's background years ago. Cowards refused to push it.
Lots of crap posts today from the "Queen of Spam" as someone brilliantly named that hag. Dirty posts, lies, slanderous name calling. The crazy bat woman can't post anything under her name unless it's from her early morning Inbox, or she cry-babies her way through the posts ---- copy and paste queen of Topix, LMAO......it really gets her doesn't it when OZ dumps the crap in her lap. Makes me laugh to see how fired up she gets and her name calling begins.
ha-ha! OMG, she was hysterical today......Ditch the witch!
Hi Ari!
You still whining, sissyboy. I keep telling you loser lemming tools to scroll, roll and troll if you don't like those articles. You have been crying for awhile now. I know they really chap your whinyass good but at least I don't pass them on as my own work like you do. Posting a lengthy spin without giving credit to the authors like you did below this whiny rant. What dirty posts? I leave that to your buddies and the imposter trolls. The serb dumps nothing but crap in here, ranting like the )8~D> batshit crazy loon does. I like how you losers keep using all my terms I have used since posting here, as you have none of your own originals. PRICELESS. I bet you are thrilled you can go back to your late night love fests. You only had that white teabagger f'k (wtf) missing last night. Nothing is all you got, as usual. I like it that you get all riled up over my articles and will continue to post them since they piss you losers off so much. So suck it up sissyboy.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#173339 Aug 7, 2014
Crickets.....

Fox News Quiet After Congressional Report Finds No Benghazi Scandal

(Media Matters) Fox News has gone silent on Benghazi amid reports that the House Intelligence Committee concluded that there was no intentional wrongdoing in the Obama administration's response to the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on August 1 that the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee voted to declassify findings from its investigation into the 2012 attacks on U.S diplomatic facilities in Benghazi, and "concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack," according to committee member Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA).

Back to the birther crap, no doubt. CONS will continue to waste taxpayers money though beating that Benghazi drum. AND this was a republiCON run committee. Imagine that. Keep trying losers. Voters won't forget.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#173340 Aug 7, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Crickets.....

(Media Matters) Fox News has gone silent on Benghazi amid reports that the House Intelligence Committee concluded that there was no intentional wrongdoing in the Obama administration's response to the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on August 1 that the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee voted to declassify findings from its investigation into the 2012 attacks on U.S diplomatic facilities in Benghazi, and "concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack," according to committee member Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA).

Back to the birther crap, no doubt. CONS will continue to waste taxpayers money though beating that Benghazi drum. AND this was a republiCON run committee. Imagine that. Keep trying losers. Voters won't forget.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Dizzy is as dizzy does......keep spinning.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#173341 Aug 7, 2014
A Majority Of Americans Disapprove Of The GOP's Lawsuit Against Obama

A majority of Americans disapprove of the House Republican lawsuit against President Barack Obama, which charges that he overstepped his authority in failing to enforce the Affordable Care Act in a timely manner, according to a new CBS News poll.

The House of Representatives voted last week along party lines to authorize Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to file a suit forcing the president to enforce the law -- in particular the mandate on employers who do not provide health care coverage. Five Republicans joined all Democrats in opposition to the lawsuit.

In the CBS poll, released Wednesday, 54 percent of Americans said they disapproved of the suit, while 37 percent said they approved of it. A similar poll conducted by CNN last month found that Americans disapprove of the GOP effort against the president by a 57 percent to 41 percent margin.

Democrats have called the suit an expensive political stunt that is a prelude to impeachment, which some conservative corners of the party have advocated for. But the public has even less of an appetite for impeachment. According to CNN, nearly two thirds of Americans do not think Obama should be impeached.

In a statement on Wednesday, Obama defended his administration's use of its powers, arguing executive orders on the minimum wage, workplace pay and LGBT protections were necessary given congressional dysfunction.

"The American people don’t want me standing around twiddling my thumbs waiting for Congress to do something," he said. "Wherever I have the legal authorities to make progress on behalf of middle-class Americans ... I'm going to seize those opportunities."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/06/obam...

We know that "MAJORITY" escapes their mentality.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
on the road again Ari

Garrett, KY

#173342 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>
First result.
http://www.midwestenergynews.com/2013/02/11/o...
"Ohio State’s carbon-capture breakthrough still has long road to adoption"
Not exactly verifying your claim.
You're almost there!
You did prove it isn't just a myth with that last link.
See what I mean, if you are in doubt check it out...B 4 U call it a myth.
Clean coal is the future!
It seems to be an "inconvenient bump in the road" to global consensus that coal is evil.
The USGS has "identified" enough coal to keep U.S. in energy for the next 300+ years. More importantly, "American Exceptionalism" has triumphed once again!
Miner

Georgetown, KY

#173343 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>
LMAO there is no flat land in eastern Ky? Is that your contention? Have you ever been?
Sure there are lots of mountains, but there are also lots of valleys .
There are also lots of roads leading in and out of those valleys (LOL coal isn't floated out by balloon).
I have lots of relatives in eastern Ky and visit them often, so I do know the area.
"Do you have any concerns of the environmental impact of removing all the trees in America? Can loggers just pack up and relocate also?"
You are apparently ignorant of modern logging practices in the US. Trees are a renewable resource and modern logging techniques actually boost the sustainability of our forests.
But yes, of course I worry about irresponsible logging practices and speak out against them whenever appropriate (but we are talking about coal here). I also speak out against irresponsible fishing practices (but again we are discussing coal).
"You act concerned with the environmental impact of mining communities and then state they all can just relocate if it's for another job?"
Again yes.
If they leave there will be no mining, If mining stops there is no negative environmental impact.
Double lmao! I was only born and raised there for 35 yrs of my life. Have a degree in mining engineering and worked in the mining industry for 22 yrs. so I'm sure you know more about it than me. Anyways...
You can build a highway under the ocean if you chose but that doesnt mean it's FEASIBLE for anyone to do.
Valleys are called valleys for a reason! They were formed by water that cut thru mountains (runoff). The valleys were created from this runoff to allow water to escape the region, not as a magical interstate system thru the mountains! You obviously have no idea of the cost involved of building highways thru mountains! To build a highway only along the valleys (and hope its not flooded out) would require hundreds of miles of roadway just to get somewhere 10 miles away (avoiding mountains)
Your whole argument is based on (environmental impact)! So you get to decide on what industry we can discuss for elimination, even though mining isn't the main cause?
Mining/land reclamation provide these flat land areas needed in the area as well as promoting wildlife that hasn't been seen in ky for 100 yrs.
If everyone were to move from the area as you suggest, then who cares about the environment there? There's no one there to appreciate it!
You avoided my main point!! You know that coal will be continued to be mined....you know it will have an impact on the environment somewhere....you just vote for it to be somewhere out of site and out of mind, being oblivious to the fact that you are destroying the very culture of an entire region of Kentucky and giving those good paying jobs to other states/countries! That really solves the problem....
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#173344 Aug 7, 2014
Grimes, Bill Clinton stump in coal country

HAZARD, Ky.– After working 33 years in an Eastern Kentucky coal mine, Cleo Tackett said he's seen a lot of politicians talk about coal jobs during elections, but he's still waiting for one who can help the region's depressed economy.

"We need somebody in there that will work to replace coal jobs," he said. "Our coal seams have gotten down to where they ain't 30 inches high. The rest of the country got 6 foot. Just do the math, we can't compete."

In a region hostile to the Obama administration, Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes sought to appeal to Eastern Kentucky voters like Tackett on Wednesday as she appeared in Hazard with former President Bill Clinton and promised a crowd of more than 800 that she would stand up for coal — and miners.

It was a message clearly on voters' minds as they hoisted signs, screamed "Ditch Mitch," and cheered Grimes in her bid to unseat Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell this November.

Eastern Kentucky has lost more than 7,000 coal jobs since 2011, and where Grimes spoke in Perry County, mining employment was down 20 percent last year, compared with 2012 — when more than 67 percent of local Democrats voted "uncommitted" in the primary election rather than support President Barack Obama.

But for more than an hour Wednesday, Grimes, Clinton and high-profile Kentucky Democrats slammed McConnell as an out-of-touch Washington insider who has failed to create or save any coal jobs.

And to the cheers of miners, they pledged that Grimes would serve as a "Clinton Democrat," supporting better wages, mine safety and health.

"One candidate believes it's about jobs and incomes … and the other believes a senator has no business trying to create jobs," Clinton said in a shot at McConnell. "Nobody can tell me it's not a senator's job, especially one with 30 years of experience."

Miners union seeks 'game change' for Grimes

Clinton also sought to distinguish between Grimes and the administration, noting Obama has only two more years in office while Grimes is seeking a six-year term. And he compared her to former Sen. Wendell Ford, who Clinton said, always voted for Kentucky first, but still worked with presidents he disagreed with.

Grimes, for her part, had the crowd chanting "Mitch McConnell" as she asked who has served in the Senate for years as thousands of coal jobs have disappeared and EPA regulations "have hit Kentucky hardest."

"Let's get something straight. senator, I am the pro-coal candidate in this race," Grimes said. "… I am the Kentucky candidate who will work to make sure we have a comprehensive mine safety policy as well as a commitment to our miners and their widows to get their black lung benefits."

She even borrowed one of Clinton's most famous lines: "It's the economy, stupid."

The McConnell campaign has made coal a central issue in the race, arguing that a vote for Grimes amounts to a vote for Obama's "anti-coal" policies.

Clinton carried Kentucky twice while running for president, and he helped Hillary Clinton win more than 65 percent of the vote in Kentucky during her 2008 primary bid against Obama.
The United Mine Workers of America, which has endorsed Grimes, bused miners in for Wednesday's event — they wore camouflage shirts that read "we are everywhere." And union leaders say they hope to effect a "game change" for Grimes in Eastern Kentucky, running ads on her behalf this fall.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/pol...

Loved him getting the PGA award and his insight on golf. It was a great slide show of all his accomplishments throughout the world as a humanitarian.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#173345 Aug 7, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:

Crickets.....

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

leDUMBO squawks:
Dizzy is as dizzy does......keep spinning.

~~~~~haha, keep trying dumbo, we know the truth makes you dizzy, keep spinning until you fall down loser lemming troll. Thanks for reposting. Keep beating your Benghazi drum. haha

Now get back to trolling....you need to catch up. New threads on US Topix you need to infect. Hurry along.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
on the road again Ari

Garrett, KY

#173346 Aug 7, 2014
PLO They even hide behind women and children when they spew their HATE SPEECH in Miami!

Jihad in America:

DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#173347 Aug 7, 2014
Will Tea Partiers Sink Mitch McConnell’s Kentucky Senate Reelection Bid?

The Senate minority leader, long reviled among many on the right for what they see as kowtowing to Democrats, is in a tough race for his seat—and in trouble with the Tea Party.

If Alison Lundergan Grimes pulls off an upset victory over Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in November, she may have Tea Partiers to thank. But don’t expect conservative voters to rally to Grimes—they simply aren't getting behind McConnell.

Although the five-term Republican ended up winning a a tough primary challenge from businessman Matt Bevin handily, the race was one of the most vicious and ugly this cycle, with Bevin’s campaign badly damaged in a cockfighting scandal. And while some disaffected conservatives have backed McConnell in November, Bevin has still not endorsed him, and many of the Tea Party groups that supported the businessman are following suit. As a result, in a recent poll, nearly 20% of self-identified Republicans didn't support McConnell

Scott Hofstra, spokesman for the United Kentucky Tea Party, said he isn’t backing McConnell and “taking the lesser of the two evils approach.” Many conservatives, Hofstra predicted, either will leave the box on the ballot for U.S. Senate empty or will vote for David Patterson, the libertarian candidate.

It’s not just Grimes who stands to benefit from Tea Party doubts about McConnell. Patterson, a policeman from the central Kentucky town of Harrodsburg, is seeking to get on the ballot as the Libertarian candidate.

Although McConnell has had a slight edge over Grimes in recent polls, most political observers consider the race a tossup, and it looks likely to be tight through Election Day.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08...

A libertarian is running? hahaha, Where's GRANDrand endorsing him at? lol

"most political observers consider the race a tossup" so don't get all excited postal troll.....he hasn't won it yet?

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Miner

Georgetown, KY

#173348 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>
LMAO there is no flat land in eastern Ky? Is that your contention? Have you ever been?
Sure there are lots of mountains, but there are also lots of valleys .
There are also lots of roads leading in and out of those valleys (LOL coal isn't floated out by balloon).
I have lots of relatives in eastern Ky and visit them often, so I do know the area.
"Do you have any concerns of the environmental impact of removing all the trees in America? Can loggers just pack up and relocate also?"
You are apparently ignorant of modern logging practices in the US. Trees are a renewable resource and modern logging techniques actually boost the sustainability of our forests.
But yes, of course I worry about irresponsible logging practices and speak out against them whenever appropriate (but we are talking about coal here). I also speak out against irresponsible fishing practices (but again we are discussing coal).
"You act concerned with the environmental impact of mining communities and then state they all can just relocate if it's for another job?"
Again yes.
If they leave there will be no mining, If mining stops there is no negative environmental impact.
So...there is flat land in eastern ky, there are mountains and valleys in ky, there are roads in Kentucky, you have relatives in ky, logging is great for American....buy YOU INSIST WE ARE TALKING ABOUT COAL HERE! Lmao
The Apostle

Wooton, KY

#173349 Aug 7, 2014
Well, I see the SPAM Queen hasn't found any PRO-Grimes articles today that amount to anything... The paid voters (UMWA) Clinton and Grimes couldn't explain why they're against the coal industry and for Obama and the EPA...

All this liberal BS about doing something for rural America is exactly that... BS! Clinton didn't do a DAM thing for Eastern Ky.in 8 years... And, what's really amazing is Martha Lane Collins (the mother of the unmined mineral tax) that robbed Eastern Ky. Of millions of dollars running her mouth.

Well, from looking the day after at the poll NOBODY is buying their BS!

McConnell and company will have a field day today with all that BS!

The Apostle

Wooton, KY

#173350 Aug 7, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Will Tea Partiers Sink Mitch McConnell’s Kentucky Senate Reelection Bid?
The Senate minority leader, long reviled among many on the right for what they see as kowtowing to Democrats, is in a tough race for his seat—and in trouble with the Tea Party.
If Alison Lundergan Grimes pulls off an upset victory over Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in November, she may have Tea Partiers to thank. But don’t expect conservative voters to rally to Grimes—they simply aren't getting behind McConnell.
Although the five-term Republican ended up winning a a tough primary challenge from businessman Matt Bevin handily, the race was one of the most vicious and ugly this cycle, with Bevin’s campaign badly damaged in a cockfighting scandal. And while some disaffected conservatives have backed McConnell in November, Bevin has still not endorsed him, and many of the Tea Party groups that supported the businessman are following suit. As a result, in a recent poll, nearly 20% of self-identified Republicans didn't support McConnell
Scott Hofstra, spokesman for the United Kentucky Tea Party, said he isn’t backing McConnell and “taking the lesser of the two evils approach.” Many conservatives, Hofstra predicted, either will leave the box on the ballot for U.S. Senate empty or will vote for David Patterson, the libertarian candidate.
It’s not just Grimes who stands to benefit from Tea Party doubts about McConnell. Patterson, a policeman from the central Kentucky town of Harrodsburg, is seeking to get on the ballot as the Libertarian candidate.
Although McConnell has had a slight edge over Grimes in recent polls, most political observers consider the race a tossup, and it looks likely to be tight through Election Day.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08...
A libertarian is running? hahaha, Where's GRANDrand endorsing him at? lol
"most political observers consider the race a tossup" so don't get all excited postal troll.....he hasn't won it yet?
RIP GOP
ALISON 2014
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Most political observers (especially the liberal ones) are FOS! The "Tea Party" in Ky. will vote for McConnell just like they voted for Paul...

So, keep dreaming SPAM QUEEN!

That little phony gathering in Hazard didn't fool anyone! Clinton looked like he was ready to fall off the stage... If they hadn't wrote on his wrist he was in Hazard he would have forgotten.

They couldn't explain away Grimes' support for Obama and the EPA so they come up with another we're going to do something in rural America fairy tale...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Julian Assange Trolls Hillary Clinton With Twit... 1 min Melissa Dawn Assange 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 min Freedomofexpression 316,232
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Cheech the Conser... 1,579,107
News Obama's response to Charlottesville becomes mos... 1 min Anthony 18
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min REMEMBER DETROIT 24,534
News Police: Suspect who drove over protesters at Vi... 3 min Retribution 105
News Scott Taylor: Donald Trump exhibited 'failure o... 7 min Ms Sassy 10
News Reactions to Trump's statement on violence in V... 9 min old_moose 243
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 31 min Ms Sassy 1,146
News 'God has given Trump authority to take out Kim ... 36 min Erl 190
More from around the web