'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 213767 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#170653 Jul 18, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok what is your suggestion?
Close the border, send everyone home who came since Obama got elected.

Give working visas to all other illegal aliens provided they have a clean record so they may stay.

Count every illegal alien granted status against the quota for each country and refuse to admit another person from that country until the quota is fulfilled no matter how many years it takes.

If there are 5 million Mexican and their quota is 250,000/year then close immigration for 20 years to penalize the country and allow those in line the come in legally.

your move
YTubeNews

Marietta, GA

#170654 Jul 18, 2014

*7 Year Agreement SIGNED "suddenly" POPE & Israel ----

http://youtu.be/rFKJ64c_uFA

DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#170655 Jul 18, 2014
Another PRICELESS Jon Stewart clip:

Jon Stewart To Those Who Want To Deport Kids:'What The F*&k Is Wrong With You'

Jon Stewart proves, once again, that no one does it better.

"The Daily Show" host takes on conservatives who oppose immigration reform in his "Immigration Reform Crisis: Kids Edition" segment.

The host starts off by telling all those who want to deport the minors currently in custody at the border, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" He then explains that one of the main reasons the children aren't being deported back to Central America is due to a law signed by George W. Bush, which states that children from countries not bordering the U.S. can't be immediately deported.

While many are calling the current situation at the border a humanitarian crisis, Stewart is quick to point out that some people, like Rep. Louie Gohmert, are taking it in another direction and calling the massive amount of undocumented children at the border an invasion.

"Representative Louie Gohmert, he's like Old Faithful, if instead of hot water it regularly shot out stupid," the host says after showing a clip of Rep. Gohmert reading the definition of invasion when addressing the situation at the border and saying that in these types of situations the military is often involved.

"Now I'm not a military expert but generally an enemy invasion force is not particularly dangerous until it can reach and open its own cereal," Stewart replies.

Also, the host suggests, maybe Obama shouldn't be blamed for immigrants wanting to come to the United States. After showing a clip of various Republican politicians saying just how wonderful the U.S. is, Stewart reasons that this is American history repeating itself.

"We have always been a nation of immigrants who hate the newer immigrants," Stewart states, "because Lady Liberty may be a beacon of those yearning to breathe free but the truth is, she's actually a bouncer."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/16/the-...

Love how he change Lady Liberty to reflect the teabagger CONS mentality. PRICELESS

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

Location hidden

#170656 Jul 18, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Another PRICELESS Jon Stewart clip:
Jon Stewart To Those Who Want To Deport Kids:'What The F*&k Is Wrong With You'
Jon Stewart proves, once again, that no one does it better.
"The Daily Show" host takes on conservatives who oppose immigration reform in his "Immigration Reform Crisis: Kids Edition" segment.
The host starts off by telling all those who want to deport the minors currently in custody at the border, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" He then explains that one of the main reasons the children aren't being deported back to Central America is due to a law signed by George W. Bush, which states that children from countries not bordering the U.S. can't be immediately deported.
While many are calling the current situation at the border a humanitarian crisis, Stewart is quick to point out that some people, like Rep. Louie Gohmert, are taking it in another direction and calling the massive amount of undocumented children at the border an invasion.
"Representative Louie Gohmert, he's like Old Faithful, if instead of hot water it regularly shot out stupid," the host says after showing a clip of Rep. Gohmert reading the definition of invasion when addressing the situation at the border and saying that in these types of situations the military is often involved.
"Now I'm not a military expert but generally an enemy invasion force is not particularly dangerous until it can reach and open its own cereal," Stewart replies.
Also, the host suggests, maybe Obama shouldn't be blamed for immigrants wanting to come to the United States. After showing a clip of various Republican politicians saying just how wonderful the U.S. is, Stewart reasons that this is American history repeating itself.
"We have always been a nation of immigrants who hate the newer immigrants," Stewart states, "because Lady Liberty may be a beacon of those yearning to breathe free but the truth is, she's actually a bouncer."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/16/the-...
Love how he change Lady Liberty to reflect the teabagger CONS mentality. PRICELESS
RIP GOP
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
They should bring the buses to Hollywood hills and let the big mouth looney leftists take care of them

“Kiss my tiny white tukus ”

Since: Aug 11

Smacking Down Stupidity

#170657 Jul 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time the US had a Defense this size it led to WW2. Are you a war monger?
Dont want it this size, want it smaller.
Try to keep up.

Smacking Down Stupidity

#170658 Jul 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Close the border, send everyone home who came since Obama got elected.
Give working visas to all other illegal aliens provided they have a clean record so they may stay.
Count every illegal alien granted status against the quota for each country and refuse to admit another person from that country until the quota is fulfilled no matter how many years it takes.
If there are 5 million Mexican and their quota is 250,000/year then close immigration for 20 years to penalize the country and allow those in line the come in legally.
your move
Better yet we open the borders and allow anyone who wants to be a citizen join our great nation,
That is after all how we came to be.
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#170659 Jul 18, 2014
One more before I go enjoy the gorgeous KY day......

Dem lawmaker: Clinton will 'absolutely' campaign for Alison Lundergan Grimes

Kentucky Democratic Rep. John Yarmuth spilled the beans Friday on a planned trip for Hillary Clinton to campaign for Democratic Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes in Kentucky this fall.

“I sure want her in Kentucky and I know she’s going to come to Kentucky and campaign for Alison Lundergan Grimes, and she’s welcome here. She’s very popular here, as is President Clinton,” he said on the "Bill Press Show," confirming she’ll “absolutely” be there when asked.

ADVERTISEMENT

While the Grimes campaign has previously said she’d welcome a visit from the former secretary of State — as would most Democratic candidates this year, who see the enthusiasm surrounding the potential presidential contender as a powerful possible boost to their campaigns — it had not previously confirmed plans for Clinton to head down to the state in her fierce battle to knock off Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).
Though she’s perhaps this cycle’s most coveted surrogate, Clinton has largely avoided the midterm campaign trail so far, only attending a fundraiser for failed Pennsylvania congressional candidate Marjorie Margolies, whose son is married to her daughter, Chelsea.

She’s long been expected to make a stop in Kentucky, however, as Grimes has close family ties to the Clintons. Her father, Jerry Lundergan, is a prominent Democratic Party leader in the state and ran Clinton’s Kentucky operation during her 2008 presidential campaign.

Those family ties brought Bill Clinton to Kentucky early on for Grimes, and Yarmuth said he’ll be stopping by again this fall as Grimes heads into the final leg of the campaign.

Yarmuth said things were going “very, very well for Grimes,” noting her record-breaking fundraising haul this past cycle, where she outraised McConnell by about a million dollars. He also said he hopes the two debate, but he thinks McConnell won’t and is “trying to play games” in scheduling the debate.

Polling has shown a tight race, with McConnell facing the toughest fight of his career. The two have already raised a combined $32 million for the race, and some, including Yarmuth, have predicted total spending on the fight to top $100 million by November.

The race, Yarmuth predicted, will ultimately come down to turnout, because McConnell is widely unpopular and “people who could vote for him aren’t necessarily enthusiastic about it.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-ra...

WOMAN power...yeah!

Love it, Kentuckians love the Clintons. Bill took Kentucky. Hillary will too. Watch for it. Madame President....start practicing loser lemming tools.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOBS" MITCH

Stomp away and spin those proxies. Leave me some good laugh circus clown loons. buh, bye lol

Location hidden

#170660 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Dont want it this size, want it smaller.
Try to keep up.
As I said the smaller size led to WW2...pay attention

Location hidden

#170661 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Better yet we open the borders and allow anyone who wants to be a citizen join our great nation,
That is after all how we came to be.
That was until the immigration act of 1924. I guess you prefer the US to become paralyzed by tens of millions of immigrants to bankrupt it instead of assuring positive economic growth.

Smacking Down Stupidity

#170662 Jul 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said the smaller size led to WW2...pay attention
Learn your history.
The US cutting off Japans fuel supply led to WW2

Smacking Down Stupidity

#170663 Jul 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
That was until the immigration act of 1924. I guess you prefer the US to become paralyzed by tens of millions of immigrants to bankrupt it instead of assuring positive economic growth.
You assume that immigrants are a burden.
People are a resource.
The biggest and most powerful corporations in this country were started by immigrants.

Location hidden

#170664 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Learn your history.
The US cutting off Japans fuel supply led to WW2
You mean the US should have given Japan the oil it needed to conquer the Far East?

Any more jokes?

Location hidden

#170665 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
You assume that immigrants are a burden.
People are a resource.
The biggest and most powerful corporations in this country were started by immigrants.
The nation needed as many immigrants as it could lure to its shores. The situation is entirely different today. Over 90 million people are not in the labor force and you want to increase it?

Smacking Down Stupidity

#170666 Jul 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the US should have given Japan the oil it needed to conquer the Far East?
Any more jokes?
No I mean that led to WWII. I implied nothing else.

Smacking Down Stupidity

#170667 Jul 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
The nation needed as many immigrants as it could lure to its shores. The situation is entirely different today. Over 90 million people are not in the labor force and you want to increase it?
Yes we do have a large proportion of our elderly retiring.
The simple answer to your question is yes. Immigrants tend to start small businesses which republicans claim is the heart and soul of the economy.
Worked well for the first 150 years.
DemocRATS

Los Angeles, CA

#170668 Jul 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
They should bring the buses to Hollywood hills and let the big mouth looney leftists take care of them
Don't forget Washington, DC ...especially Nuts Pelosi ...she loves children ...she has 5 children and 9 g.children ...she said,'Latin America, Central America, all America ...she owns vineyard worth millions ...she can build camp and adopt all those children ...

She is the dumbest human on Planet Earth ... don't forget liar and a hypocrite !!

Location hidden

#170669 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
No I mean that led to WWII. I implied nothing else.
Germany was already at war and Japan was its ally. It led to the attack on the US by the Axis powers. So you are incorrect.

Smacking Down Stupidity

#170670 Jul 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Germany was already at war and Japan was its ally. It led to the attack on the US by the Axis powers. So you are incorrect.
No I am not.
Doesn't matter though, even by your (new) reason, it wasn't a smaller military that led to WWII.
Commietator

Providence, KY

#170671 Jul 18, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is dreamer. Fuzzy math means little.
Again I think all that would ever be needed is to post facts proving the post wrong. I've never seen that happen.

Smacking Down Stupidity

#170672 Jul 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
The US wasn't involved with the German war until AFTER Japan bombed pearl harbor.
But as I said, doesn't matter. The war didn't start because the US had a small military.
Learn some history. It will better enable you to intelligently partake in the discussions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 4 min southern at heart 7,684
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Critical Eye 186,942
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Grey Ghost 1,346,429
News Trey Gowdy Makes His Endorsement of Marco Rubio... 17 min Ritual Habitual 4
News Jeb isn't the only Bush brother targeted by the... 23 min Ritual Habitual 1
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 34 min thetruth 18,833
News Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani slams Beyon... 35 min Ritual Habitual 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 40 min EAGLE EYE1 370,268
More from around the web