'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
139,241 - 139,260 of 146,855 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
culture vulture

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

habusaki wrote:
i'm pro gun and pretty liberal... how does one's stance on gun control be either liberal or conservative?
i never understood that... some of the conservative and liberal causes...
both parties suck and are hypocrites...
...couldn't agree more!
1 post removed
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

A conservative ponders his side's inability to vet its folk heroes, a failing that consistently leads to heartbreak and embarrassment.

[W]e find conservatives trapped in a cycle of abusive relationships. It’s almost like a trap. It usually goes like this: Government or the media oversteps its bounds, conservatives embrace the un-vetted victim, who — once feted and promoted on cable TV and talk radio (this is good business for conservative media, allowing them to pander to their viewers and listeners, and drive their political agenda)— says or does something utterly stupid. Then, MSNBC (and other liberal outlets) then spend weeks covering the boomerang part of the story.
… And then we repeat the cycle a few months later. What almost always starts out as a boon for conservatives leaves them with egg on their face.

The government totally overstepped its bounds by letting Bundy get away with not paying grazing fees for over 20 years, and by getting a court order authorizing the impound of the cattle. Such tyranny cannot stand!
Not sure how the Bundy mess was ever a boon for conservatives, but regardless, this is the best part of my job: watching Republicans embrace some wackjob because he said mean things about Obama or reinforces their biases, then having us laugh when it all blows up on their face. Whether it's Donald Trump, James O'Keefe, Joe the Plumber, Sarah Palin, Dean Chambers, Ted Nugent, Dinesh D'Souza or Cliven Bundy. It even blows up in their faces when they try to reverse this dynamic, such as claiming Don Sterling was a Democrat (he was registered the opposite of that).

The conservative movement's anti-government rhetoric inevitably breeds eliminationist and/or delusional cranks, and there is no shortage of Sean Hannitys cheering them on.

There is no similar phenomenon on the Left, not even close. We didn't rush to embrace Lyndon LaRouche because he said mean things about George W. Bush because we're apparently much better at sniffing out the crazies. There is no one in liberal punditry as consistently wrong as Bill Kristol, Dick Morris or Jennifer Rubin, because we don't need to bend reality to sleep at night. And when genuine liberals go down, like Anthony Weiner, Elliot Spitzer and John Edwards, we don't feel compelled to rally around them and invent conspiracy theories. If someone is a scumbag, party ID doesn't rescue them from our scorn.

Some conservatives wish their side wouldn't rush headlong into hero worship of creepy criminals and whatnot, but it's baked into their worldview. Weird, but true.
Bevin
1 post removed

Since: May 08

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

most americans it seems really don't think for themselves. maybe it's the culture... we tend to root for our team no matter what... and have a hard time admitting that we were or are wrong about something...

a herd mentality maybe... and our herd is better than yours... no matter what.

deep down i believe that very few of us are far left or right... most americans are somewhere in the middle with far more in common in terms of beliefs than we are opposed to one another.

i mean, the very far left and right profess to believe in freedoms and rights... yet both want to take away freedoms and rights... just different freedoms and rights... then there are the libertarians who want to do whatever they wish... anarchy basically...

our politics look more like combat than negotiation, reason a compromise... americans don't compromise very well... and with all the money in politics and the ones just wanting power, we seem doomed to stay in this perpetual feedback loop endless battles...

no wonder we end up with the leaders we have...
1 post removed

“Pope & President”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

first prophecy says that messiah kings will unite three old Abrahamic faiths into one true religion. Which foretells the bringing of Islam, Judaism and Christianity into an orthodox combined.

another prophecy that the five imperial kingdoms of Humankind. The lions of Sparta, the horses of Trojan, the Saxon bulls, the Viking eagles, and the Norse wolverine. Into which a Human Catholic Church shall be thus created.

another prophecy is that all the Alpha Stones that lay scattered across the world would be gathered up into which the Omega Sun Dial at Stone Henge can be rebuilt with a foretold of fatal consequence of re-booting Earth's planetary evolution by priestly Benediction re-grading the plenary forces that control the pecking order of the planets of Orion star-system according to the Annuals and the Memory Archive.
opinon

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

How many health insurance policies can you buy with a billion dollars?
1 post removed

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

opinon wrote:
How many health insurance policies can you buy with a billion dollars?
i don't know... but 1 billion will buy you 1/13th of an aircraft carrier...

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- The U.S. Navy on Tuesday pledged to cut costs for building new aircraft carriers, as it prepared to christen the USS Gerald R. Ford, first in its class of warships and a vessel whose $12.9 billion cost will exceed forecasts by almost 25 percent.

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

look out for more on these and more.

Should you be interested in resurrection of the Omega Sun Dial and our planets benediction that is coming said to change life itself.

Since: Nov 12

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

The US had been the global leader, the world's number one economy since 1872. That means we have held the record for 142 years, and in less than five years Barack Obama is causing the United States to lose the top spot. There's no excuse for this!
Ebony Kings of America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

Kentucky is a big bigoted politics state and conservative . Trash Obama would like Free care In health care and the bigoted Republicans cry, its a raceist jim crow party.
Ebony Kings of America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

This country had and still is raceist whites hate minority vote's and people. Obama I'll take as my president over the Republican nominee. Who probably a bigoted conservative clown. You fixed news fools are backwards thinking In American politics you won't the rich Too stay rich and poor stay poor. Let whites have all the freedoms of government sáy while black people do and You demand. It's over white trashed Americans I hate you all no matter where young or old your haters In everything.

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

all this secrets out time its great fun.

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

Annoying Keyboard Tapper wrote:
The US had been the global leader, the world's number one economy since 1872. That means we have held the record for 142 years, and in less than five years Barack Obama is causing the United States to lose the top spot. There's no excuse for this!
this story is up there with the Omega stone. This house rocks.

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

Annoying Keyboard Tapper wrote:
wrong!

the u.s. is by far the world's largest economy... nearly double that of china, the second largest...

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

love Salmon hate Tuna kinda guy with more later.

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

Ebony Kings of America wrote:
This country had and still is raceist whites hate minority vote's and people. Obama I'll take as my president over the Republican nominee. Who probably a bigoted conservative clown. You fixed news fools are backwards thinking In American politics you won't the rich Too stay rich and poor stay poor. Let whites have all the freedoms of government sáy while black people do and You demand. It's over white trashed Americans I hate you all no matter where young or old your haters In everything.
i'm white and i bet that i'm poorer than you...lol!

Since: Nov 12

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

How can you tell when J Carney is lying? HIS LIPS ARE MOVING!

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

habusaki wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong!
the u.s. is by far the world's largest economy... nearly double that of china, the second largest...
even if the jury is out on that one, which i believe it is. tappers story rocks.

in twenty years since Reagan took office, and the search for his brain begun, we have since the actual demise of the planets biggest superpower since British imperial rule. To see it flush its self as well (down the loo) with their biggest risk factor to date: Barack.

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

poo poo, boo hoo.

Pingo Bingo is free in Las Vagas

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

Super Babe extra II is at Madison

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

Chalie Chaplin declare today by Mi6

as a double agent working for Russians and US

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••