'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 20 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Apr 11

Danville, KY

#140180 Dec 17, 2013
Phil Shifley wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe Ed Shultz is sharing some of that money he gets from the unions to spout off their bs with anyone that will constantly try to slam his biggest competition to see if maybe his numbers can get up to the president's. Which would still make them lower than Bush!!!!
Why wouldn't he as money usually gets you what you want. It's no different than Koch brothers paying Fox News to spout out all the retoric that you proudly echo here on Topix. The funny thing is that you do it for free.

You literally wrap the noose around your own neck for the better good of Koch Brother ideology.

Danville, KY

#140181 Dec 17, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>To destroy common bond is the mission.
Divide & conquer... it works.
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#140182 Dec 17, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Repubs and Dems are all the same? Did Dems do this to the American worker?
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
CNN! LOLOLOL, ROTFL, and you claim you are not a sheepletard, LOLOLOL,
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#140183 Dec 17, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Did every Repub running in 2008 say that if the US could just drill for more oil gas prices would decrease?
The US has the highest production of oil then at anytime in the past 50 years. Have the gas prices gone down?
Answer the question you lying POS.
You Repubs got sucker- Drill- Baby -Drill only made Exxon the most profitable company in the entire world. hahhaha!!!!!!!!!!
and whats wrong with profits? oops, sorry, you don't have any, didn't mean to rub that in,

......yes I did,

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#140184 Dec 17, 2013
LIES-Fox News-LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Before I begin, "health care" is two words.
Healthcare.gov website didn't force anyone to lose their health care insurance. The Affordable Health Care Act now requires insurance carriers to provide a list of minimum mandates. Insurance carriers had to end their junk policies and offer a real insurance plan.
I'm sorry if you think paying $50 a month for a junk insurance plan is good for you.
do you even have an IQ? go back and read the post again, my response, then stick your head out the window and yell at the top of your lungs, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Danville, KY

#140185 Dec 17, 2013
College friend wrote:
<quoted text>hmmmm yea, and we ain't paying for their flicken healthcare. WTF
Who would? Rather pay the fine and chance it.
What a rebel. I bet you painted a Confederate flag on your 1974 GMC Gremlin.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#140186 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Before I begin, "health care" is two words.
Healthcare.gov website didn't force anyone to lose their health care insurance. The Affordable Health Care Act now requires insurance carriers to provide a list of minimum mandates. Insurance carriers had to end their junk policies and offer a real insurance plan.
I'm sorry if you think paying $50 a month for a junk insurance plan is good for you.
You could never convince these losers of that. How ignorant of them to think they even had real insurance with those junk plans. I like my insurance, I get to keep my insurance, why....because it is a high premium policy that already complies with all the AHCA requirements.

I really enjoyed all your posts today. Hope you continue to post. Especially about the fauxbox talking head pundits lies.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
The Huntress

Lexington, KY

#140187 Dec 17, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess all the KY teabaggers must be rotating on their fingers then trying to figure out which teabagger funding is going where....unknown teabagger in Louisville or the teabagger GRANDrand's new best friend, turtleman.(funny as hell, since he helped GRANDrand's opponent Greyson dig dirt on him).
btw, the DEMS are supportive of Bevin, even contributing to his campaign knowing ALISON would beat him easier than the 30 year obstructionist. She is a KENTUCKY girl, Sec of State, known through out the State and now the country and more qualified and experienced than Bevin. Time for Addison Mitchell "Mitch" McConnell, Jr to GO.
I LOVE IT WHEN THEY EAT THEIR OWN!!!! hahaha
Thanks for the link. I wasn't sure what the teabagger republiCONS shutdown of the gov't cost us exactly. Now I do....from your site you provided:
"The 16-day shutdown cost Kentucky up to $127 million, according to Moody's Analytics."
Don't think the KENTUCKY voters will forget that either.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
When the governments shuts own-"they spend NO TAX PAYERS MONEY!"

You have been brain dead since your first discovered MSNBC haven't you?

If I spend 100 million per day to manufacture widgets and pay employees, when I shut down/suspend production and turn off the lights, I SPEND NO MONEY. I actually "saved money" ,that the whole idea behind 5 day work weeks for the U.S. Postal Service (no Sat/Sun deliveries).

Danville, KY

#140188 Dec 17, 2013
Grand Old Tea Party wrote:
GOTP playing chicken with themselves...
"
Senate Republicans Tuesday said they are ready to go to battle over raising the debt limit early next year, echoing comments made by Rep. Paul Ryan over the weekend that the GOP would rally for certain concessions from Democrats at that point.
As far as the debt ceiling goes, Republicans were largely in agreement that they should oppose any sort of “clean” debt limit increase – although there wasn’t exactly unanimity over what concessions to demand in exchange for raising the debt limit.
GOP senators BuzzFeed spoke with suggested everything from tax reform, to energy reform, to further changes or delays to Obamacare and its mandates.
This comes just 48 hours after Ryan, the House Budget Committee chairman, told Fox News,“We don’t want nothing out of this debt limit. We are going to decide what it is we can accomplish out of this debt-limit fight.”
Complicating matters, this insane rhetoric is coming at the worst possible time: Congress is actually passing a budget, negotiated by Paul Ryan, and supported by both parties. In other words, GOP lawmakers are simultaneously saying,
“We’re spending this money,” and “We may refuse to pay for this spending.”
They want to pass a budget plan and then refuse to pay for it!
They don't even know what they want for agreeing to pay for the budget they want to pass!
This is the current GOTP party of insane!
The teapublicans are doing another dog & pony show to keep their ignorant base at bay. Like clockwork, teapublicans will go on a PR blitz about stalling the debt ceiling and then fold on the 11th hr.
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#140189 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm flattered that you feel I'm a paid cohort of the liberal agenda. After all, I do use facts, correct English grammar and complex words unknown to such a highly educated Kentuckian such as yourself.
LOLOL, no, it was your abundance of social retardation that gave you away, facts, complex words? LOLOLOL, oh my gosh, that is funny,

baaaaaaaaaaaa
Jay

Paris, TN

#140190 Dec 17, 2013
THE WASHINGTON POST
Published: December 16

Obama suffers most from year of turmoil, poll finds

President Obama is ending his fifth year in office matching the worst public approval ratings of his presidency, with record numbers of Americans saying they disapprove of his job performance and his once-hefty advantages over Republicans in Congress eroded in many areas, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The president’s overall approval rating stands at 43 percent, while disapproval is at 55 percent. Those numbers are virtually identical to a poll taken a month ago. At this time last year, 54 percent approved of Obama’s overall performance and 42 disapproved. Even after the huge losses his party suffered in the 2010 midterms, Obama’s approval rating was higher, at 49 percent, than it is today and was slightly more positive than negative.

Obama ends his fifth year in office with lower approval ratings than almost all other recent two-term presidents. At this point in 2005, for example, former president George W. Bush was at 47 percent positive, 52 percent negative. All other post-World War II presidents were at or above 50 percent at this point in their second terms, except Richard M. Nixon, whose fifth year ended in 1973 with an approval rating of 29 percent because of the Watergate scandal that later brought impeachment and his resignation.

He has lost ground on these measures among women, liberals and younger Americans — key members of his winning electoral coalition.

Is there any way we can blame this on Bush?

8D

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-...

Danville, KY

#140191 Dec 17, 2013
RepsAndDemsSuck wrote:
<quoted text>I've been following media bias since the early 80's. Long before Fox was around.
Fox lies just as much as the others and it's well documented. Considering that most of the major media are left leaning, the aggregated lies in a day come more from the left.
They should all be cast into outer space to fight it out.
Fox News stepped up the ante on lying after a Florida Appeals court ruled that Fox News can legally lie, conceal & distort information they disseminate and it's protected by the 1st amendment.

Fox News Has a First Amendment Right to Lie – Updated
http://www.librarygrape.com/2009/06/court-fox...
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#140192 Dec 17, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
You could never convince these losers of that. How ignorant of them to think they even had real insurance with those junk plans. I like my insurance, I get to keep my insurance, why....because it is a high premium policy that already complies with all the AHCA requirements.
I really enjoyed all your posts today. Hope you continue to post. Especially about the fauxbox talking head pundits lies.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
this is hilarious, junk plans, LOLOLOL, ol resodoCONS is saying, he look at me, I have a healthcare plan that meets hussein oblamers criteria, but maybe I really don't have a plan but on topix I can be anything I want, or I wouldn't have posted that and told others they didn't have one, and mine was better, but I am so full of it I need to tell people I am not,

if that is not psycho then nothing is, give it up resodoCONS, or should we post some details like was done with uncle flabby,

LOLOL, baaaaaaaaaaaa
1 post removed

Danville, KY

#140194 Dec 17, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that you are conmmunicating with me over an internet is testament to those like myself and my firm that dared to think outside the box.
We are now working on its better and even it will never be more than 100% better than its predesesser.
e=mc2
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#140195 Dec 17, 2013
CONtinued:

The fact that conservative men are insecure in their masculinity may also be evident in their extreme homophobia. These men are afraid to show even the slightest bit of acceptance toward the gay community.

This makes sense when you consider that their biggest fear is probably that others will see them as something other than “manly men.”
While the statistics come with a scientific disclaimer, they do help explain why conservative men act like big dicks. Guys that feel inadequate mistakenly believe that strapping on a gun somehow makes up for their other ‘shortcomings’. In reality, however, men who need guns to make themselves feel powerful, are lacking in more ways than one.

According to WebMD Small Penis Syndrome is something doctors should take seriously.“If education and counseling doesn’t do the trick, they advise psychotherapy for men whose obsession over penis size is interfering with their lives.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/12/17/red-s...

hahaha, just too funny.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#140196 Dec 17, 2013
COVER-UP: MEDIA HIDE KEY FACT IN SCHOOL SHOOTING
Stories take sudden turn after gunman's politics revealed

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/media-in-colorado-...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#140197 Dec 17, 2013
NSA SLAYER GOES ON OBAMA IMPEACHMENT HUNT
'Most outrageous violation of constitutional rights in American history'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/nsa-slayer-goes-on...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#140198 Dec 17, 2013
GENERAL: AMERICANS MUST CONFRONT OBAMA'S TYRANNY
'It is time to recall the reprobates, reclaim the power of the people'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/it-is-time-to-hold...

JAILED PASTOR 'ABANDONED BECAUSE HE'S CHRISTIAN'
Obama 'cannot understand religion affecting lives outside church'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/jailed-pastor-aban...
1 post removed

Danville, KY

#140200 Dec 17, 2013
large mouth wrote:
If fox new lies don't watch it !!!
I know your news channel lies so I don't watch it.
Pretty plain and simple unless you are a liberal.
You must be another "know all right winger" who gets your reliable sourced news via smoke signals & Morse code.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#140201 Dec 17, 2013
The Huntress wrote:
<quoted text>
When the governments shuts own-"they spend NO TAX PAYERS MONEY!"
You have been brain dead since your first discovered MSNBC haven't you?
If I spend 100 million per day to manufacture widgets and pay employees, when I shut down/suspend production and turn off the lights, I SPEND NO MONEY. I actually "saved money" ,that the whole idea behind 5 day work weeks for the U.S. Postal Service (no Sat/Sun deliveries).
Tell that to all the federal employees, Gov't owned memorials, parks, etc...the people in the towns that lost money from those tourist, etc, etc, etc...DUMBASS.

Typical ignorant teabagger republiCON mentality.

btw, you presumptuous ignorant ass...I don't watch MSNBC, CNN and certainly not fauxbox fake news.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama calls for end to gay a conversiona therap... 4 min serfs up 79
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,224,776
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Independent patriot 326,523
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? (Sep '14) 5 min positronium 3,411
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 8 min Cordwainer Trout 8
News NYPD officer shot in head dies, commissioner ci... 9 min jimi-yanks 55
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min positronium 187,916
News Ben Carson confirms presidential campaign 41 min Aspirin Between M... 116
News Hillary Clinton will testify before Congress ab... 52 min Teddy 72
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 2 hr Spaulding Smails 683
More from around the web