'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 228965 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122354 Sep 12, 2013
CONtinued:

We had a president who played for the media really well, but he was exceptionally bad at his real job. Maybe this is just like real life – the people who are always marketing themselves are often not the best at what they are marketing. And maybe the smarter leader doesn’t take a victory lap before anything has been accomplished. And maybe smarter people don’t get behind the preening id in the room, the “decider”, just because it’s comforting to pretend that things are that simple.

I’m not going to pretend Obama isn’t smarter than most people just so I can appear to be “fair”. He is, and it should be acknowledged; it doesn’t mean he’s infallible. A person of reason factors this into analysis of Obama’s decision making skills.

Especially since Obama has proven in the past that he had a reason and a plan, and indeed, in his own autobiography admitted that he has a (sometimes rather cruel) penchant for being able to set others up from behind the scenes.

And now we have a dictator who was refusing to come to the U.N. table suddenly publicly pushing for Assad to turn over the chemical weapons, to much applause from the Republicans, who also can’t stop parroting Assad’s propaganda due to their Obama Opposition Disorder.

Thus, we are presented with a doofus decider preening for public acclaim and in the background, a President who just silently got what he wanted.

Who’s the smarter person?

Sorry, Obama isn’t going to play Kim Kardashian for the media and make splashy “news” for them with Mission Accomplished banners. This leaves them chasing after showboater Putin for the hits, which conveniently aligns them with the GOP once again and allows them to pretend that they are brave truth tellers who stand up to presidential power, when they aren’t selling you WMD for a decider.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/12/smart-...

Pssst: If you are so invested in hating Obama that you can’t bring yourself to even question your growing allegiance to a known dictator, you are probably not thinking very clearly.

Typical CONS

Glad the PRESIDENT is playing you all for the suckers you are. He is in control. Deny all you want.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#122355 Sep 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Million Bikers Descend On DC To Counter Islamic Rally On September 11th
By Joseph R. Carducci
Here THEY Come!
Modern Day MINUTE-MEN!
Being that today is September 11th, I just wanted to proudly proclaim that I a damned proud to be an American.[Me TOO-AL] Despite all the attacks on our freedoms, mainly from within, there is still something that stirs in the soul each time we think about America and what it really and truly stands for. We are a country based on freedom, not upon the whims of a leader, party, or government. Our Constitution is the model for all other countries wishing to emulate and put into place such a system.
This is one of the reasons why it makes me so angry when hearing about Muslim groups who feel they are being victimized by America. One of these groups actually planned what they have been calling a ‘million’ Muslim march on Washington, DC for today, September 11th. They are looking to demand ‘social justice’ from America, according to their organizers. Of course, most of their members are also virulent anti-Semites. Sadly, the DC government chose to grant them a permit in order to conduct their silly little march. Of course, all indications are that it will be incredibly thinly attended. Maybe they should have named it the ‘hundred Muslim’ march?
Anyway, when they heard about this, another group of freedom loving Americans decided that this would not stand.
They started planning a 2 million biker march, or ride on Washington DC.
Yet
the DC government refused to give the group a permit for this wholesome purpose.
Maybe the government knew that there would only be a handful of Muslim showing up and over a million bikers? Who knows.
So, what do you think? Are you proud to be an American, especially as we commemorate the tragic events of 12 years ago? Do you still remember what you were doing when hearing about those cowardly attacks (I do).[ME TOO-AL]
http://downtrend.com/jrc410/2-million-bikers-...
G~R~E~A~T Reason to
R~I~D~E with the Wind ... <3
You are such a special lady. I really enjoy your posts. It is always interesting to see how extreme views can narrow ones perspective.:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#122356 Sep 12, 2013
Score one for the good guys!
Army Vet Faces Down Thug Cop Intent On Taking Away His Gun

It is kind of sad when the police, who are sworn to uphold and defend the law, do not even actually know what the law is. Such was the case recently in Bellingham, Washington. For those of us who do not know, Washington (state, not the District of Columbia) is an “open carry” carry state under the law. This simply means that someone who has a properly licensed weapon may carry it out in the open.

After reflecting upon this situation, Mr. Laigaie felt that his civil rights were violated and he wanted the police department to learn their lesson on this one. So, he took advantage of another of his Constitutional rights and sued the police department. The end result of all this is that the police department clearly saw that they had no way to defend themselves in this instance. They have now agreed to pay him $15,000 in damages for violating his civil rights. But it gets better, the police officers and 911 operators will also be receiving additional training regarding gun rights laws in order to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. It is kind of like the conservative version of ‘sensitivity training,’ don’t you think?

http://downtrend.com/jrc410/army-vet-faces-do...

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#122357 Sep 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
September 12th
Posted on September 12, 2013 by sundance
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
- D.H. Lawrence
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/
Picture of *Patriot**WARRIORS*
I always enjoyed Lawrence's writing. The Rainbow is a favorite.
That quote however is not one of his best. Think about it ;-)

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#122358 Sep 12, 2013
Welp wrote:
<quoted text>
Barry has been at the helm for five years. He hasn't done anything about it and he will continue to lead people on with empty campaign promises.
But you keep dreaming and deceiving if it makes you feel better.
How many of his proposed legislation has been passed by congress since the Republicans gained control?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#122359 Sep 12, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a special lady. I really enjoy your posts. It is always interesting to see how extreme views can narrow ones perspective.:)
'u' are STILL a
libTARD ...

No matter HOW you try to change your words ...

)8~D>

I'm not "snookered" easily ...

Wanna go 'snipe' hunting ...:)

Who who ...

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#122360 Sep 12, 2013
That was piss poor grammar in my last post.
Sorry about that 8-)
And this 8-P

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#122361 Sep 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Score one for the good guys!
Army Vet Faces Down Thug Cop Intent On Taking Away His Gun
It is kind of sad when the police, who are sworn to uphold and defend the law, do not even actually know what the law is. Such was the case recently in Bellingham, Washington. For those of us who do not know, Washington (state, not the District of Columbia) is an “open carry” carry state under the law. This simply means that someone who has a properly licensed weapon may carry it out in the open.
After reflecting upon this situation, Mr. Laigaie felt that his civil rights were violated and he wanted the police department to learn their lesson on this one. So, he took advantage of another of his Constitutional rights and sued the police department. The end result of all this is that the police department clearly saw that they had no way to defend themselves in this instance. They have now agreed to pay him $15,000 in damages for violating his civil rights. But it gets better, the police officers and 911 operators will also be receiving additional training regarding gun rights laws in order to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. It is kind of like the conservative version of ‘sensitivity training,’ don’t you think?
http://downtrend.com/jrc410/army-vet-faces-do...
$15,000 and a few instructional hours are probably a lot cheaper than a court battle right or wrong.
I am a gun owner and avid shooter.
We really need however to take a look at open carry laws. Do we really want our children around people on the streets carrying guns, without any idea if they know how to carry or handle them safely?
At least conceal carry permits (in most states) requires classes in gun safety.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#122362 Sep 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
'u' are STILL a
libTARD ...
)8~D>
Who who ...
That's ok, I still love you ;-)
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122363 Sep 12, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Many cities are reluctant to issue permits for biker gatherings. The noise is horrible and bikers dont exactly have a reputation as peaceful quiet tea drinkers :P
As for you agreeing with the anti-Muslim, bigoted statement, I knew you would ;-)
You are certainly right about those bikers. They don't need much to do a ride. Always ready. Never as many as you think but some nice bikes to look at. Some really good causes..especially the toy runs. I miss that. Don't ride much anymore.

I knew you had it right on her anti-Muslim statement too. Sad they think all Muslims are terrorist. They should see how many are in CONgress. I had a big list posted here of some famous American born Muslims to include the CONgress.

Sure enjoy your posts. A rare voice of reason here.

Have a good night.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122364 Sep 12, 2013
Keystone XL truth coming from a billionaire

Unexpected environmental activism coming from the one percent: Billionaire investor Tom Steyer said he is backing a four-part,$1 million advertising campaign aimed at convincing viewers the Keystone XL pipeline will hurt the economy and communities and should be blocked. See his first ad above.

“Foreign countries will get more access to more oil to make more products to sell back to us, undercutting our economy,” Steyer, founder of the hedge fund Farallon Capital Management LLC, says in the advertisement.“Here’s the truth: Keystone oil will travel through America not to America.”

The U.S. State Department is considering the application of TransCanada Corp.(TRP) to build the rest of the pipeline. A decision, which ultimately lies with President Barack Obama, could be made within months. Environmental groups are urging Obama to reject the pipeline, arguing that it will increase production of the oil sands, destroying forests and worsening climate change.

Obama in July said he wouldn’t approve the project if the pipeline exacerbates global warming. He mocked proponents of Keystone in an interview with the New York Times for claiming that it would lead to tens of thousands of new jobs.

Steyer, an Obama donor, said his efforts are aimed at giving the president the political space to reject the pipeline. As the Keystone review faces possible further delay, the prospects for approval dim, according to Steyer.

And the California billionaire isn’t just focused on Keystone. This year he started an independent political effort to elect candidates ready to tackle global warming.

More of this, please. I see a political future here—maybe California governor?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/11/1238...

A very factual ad, so if you don't want to click on the link please google this billionaire spreading the truth about that harmful pipeline "running through our country, not to it"
selling oil to countries like China while making 4 billion dollars and all while cutting the US out. Pay attention people on this pipeline. Do your own research and not take anyone's word for it. It's all there. Like that guy said, we need more billionaires like this.

I hope the President continue to disapprove it. Everyone should read up on it for the truth and sign the petition with those states to protest.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#122365 Sep 12, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certainly right about those bikers. They don't need much to do a ride. Always ready. Never as many as you think but some nice bikes to look at. Some really good causes..especially the toy runs. I miss that. Don't ride much anymore.
I knew you had it right on her anti-Muslim statement too. Sad they think all Muslims are terrorist. They should see how many are in CONgress. I had a big list posted here of some famous American born Muslims to include the CONgress.
Sure enjoy your posts. A rare voice of reason here.
Have a good night.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Thank you.
Its great to know at least 1 person agrees with me.:-D
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122366 Sep 12, 2013
Behind the scenes, House GOP leaders are at war with their own far-right allies, calling them "irrelevant Neanderthals."

As a result, a government shutdown may be just two weeks away.

Republican leaders vs. the GOP's 'Neanderthals'
By Steve Benen
Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:00 AM EDT

House Republicans, perhaps tired after working for four days after a six-week absence, will wrap their work week today around noon, leaving just five more days in September in which the chamber will be in session. And as House members depart this afternoon, they'll leave increasing odds of a government shutdown in their wake.

Part of the problem is simply a matter of logistics: the government will run out of money on Sept. 30, and House leaders haven't left themselves much time to get their work done.

But just as important is the fact that Republican leaders have absolutely no idea how they intend to govern. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and the GOP leadership team thought they'd worked out a viable solution, which House Republicans rejected less than a day after it was introduced. Party officials are looking for someone to blame.

It's not hard to find frustration with Heritage Action and the Club for Growth among senior Republicans, who believe the groups' demand that they include Obamacare defunding language on any spending bill keeping the government open will ultimately empower Democrats in a series of fall battles over spending. They believe it's part of a pattern of pushing untenable demands that have no chance of becoming law.

"Heritage Action and Club for Growth are slowly becoming irrelevant Neanderthals," one senior GOP aide said.

Neanderthals, of course, is a subjective term -- draw your own conclusions -- but characterizing the right-wing activist groups as "irrelevant" is plainly incorrect. The House Republican leadership spent weeks carefully crafting a plan to avoid a government shutdown; Boehner & Co. unveiled their scheme on Tuesday; and by Wednesday morning, Heritage Action and Club for Growth had convinced Boehner's caucus to reject Boehner's plan out of hand.

I can appreciate why the Speaker's office is frustrated, but which side of this equation sounds "irrelevant"?

Regardless, Republican leaders are left with an unsettling set of circumstances, which makes the odds of a government shutdown far more likely than they were 24 hours ago. Indeed, GOP lawmakers oppose their leaders' plan, and the leaders don't have a backup plan.

Consider just how brutal this is.

A clearly frustrated Boehner seemed to realize that he leads a conference where no plan is quite good enough. There are frequently about 30 Republicans who oppose leadership's carefully crafted plans -- just enough to mess things up. A reporter asked him whether he has a new idea to resolve the government funding fight. He laughed and said, "No."

"Do you have an idea?" he asked the reporters. "They'll just shoot it down anyway."
That sounds terribly sad, though it also happens to be true. The party is out of control, and its most powerful leader has no power.

A significant, outcome-changing contingent within the House GOP caucus is driven by such irrational hatred of the Affordable Care Act that it won't accept anything short of everything. Party leaders realize this approach would trigger a shutdown that the public would blame on Republicans. But if Boehner crafted a far-right spending measure to make extremists happy, this would quickly be rejected by the Senate and White House, again leading to a shutdown that the public would blame on Republicans.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122367 Sep 12, 2013
CONtinued:

The best way out is for the Speaker to give up on the radical wing of his party and strike a deal with House Democrats by scrapping the destructive sequestration policy. The shutdown would be averted; the economy would get a boost (remember when Congress occasionally thought about the economy?); and the Speaker would win plaudits for bipartisan cooperation and governing.
This, of course, won't happen.

What's likely to be the way out is Boehner will promise the extremists that if they support his idea of a temporary spending measure, he'll hold the debt ceiling hostage over "defunding Obamacare." The right-wing will probably see this as good enough and the nation will spend the next five or six weeks dealing with yet another Republican-imposed crisis.

Buckle your seat belt.

http://on.msnbc.com/15ZDLdd

"Frankly, one our political parties is insane, and we all know which one it is. They have descended from the realm of reasonableness that was the mark of conservatism. They dream of anarchy, of ending government. "
Bruce Bartlett
Former Reagon Economic Policy Advisor

TRUE statement

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#122368 Sep 12, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ok, I still love you ;-)
you'll never love a "better" person

:D
American Lady

Danville, KY

#122369 Sep 12, 2013
Woman Savagely Beaten by Florida Cops After Car Crash
By James Daniels on September 12, 2013

According to the report, 44 year-old Christina West and three foreign exchange students she was hosting were returning home from a trip to Panama Beach. She allegedly had consumed two beers and some prescription pain pills earlier that evening and wanted to give the students a “thrill” by driving fast up a hill, but lost control of her SUV and crashed into an unoccupied house.

As WTSP explained, West reported the crash to police and wandered off with the students. They were ultimately located by EMT personnel. However, when the police showed up, the situation deteriorated quickly.

The police allege West became aggressive and they used force to overcome her. However, it appears she complied with their demands and even consented to a sobriety test.

Yet, the police found it necessary to both slam her face into the patrol car and her body onto the ground. The 120-pound woman suffered a bloody nose, broken orbital bone, cuts to her arms and legs and a swollen eye. And when I say swollen, I mean it looks like a young Mike Tyson used her face as a punching bag.

http://downtrend.com/james/woman-savagely-bea...

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#122370 Sep 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll never love a "better" person
:D
You are probably right ;-)
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122371 Sep 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
'u' are STILL a
libTARD ...
)8~D>
Who who ...
[email protected] )8~D> batshit crazy loon

You are always "snookered" as in...

drunk from alcohol. Damn, this tequila has got my loonyass snookered.

hahaha

Are you imitating an owl now? hahaha

Liberal
because greed, hate, and fear just don't work for me.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH THE WITCH
&
DITCH MITCH

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#122372 Sep 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Woman Savagely Beaten by Florida Cops After Car Crash
By James Daniels on September 12, 2013
According to the report, 44 year-old Christina West and three foreign exchange students she was hosting were returning home from a trip to Panama Beach. She allegedly had consumed two beers and some prescription pain pills earlier that evening and wanted to give the students a “thrill” by driving fast up a hill, but lost control of her SUV and crashed into an unoccupied house.
As WTSP explained, West reported the crash to police and wandered off with the students. They were ultimately located by EMT personnel. However, when the police showed up, the situation deteriorated quickly.
The police allege West became aggressive and they used force to overcome her. However, it appears she complied with their demands and even consented to a sobriety test.
Yet, the police found it necessary to both slam her face into the patrol car and her body onto the ground. The 120-pound woman suffered a bloody nose, broken orbital bone, cuts to her arms and legs and a swollen eye. And when I say swollen, I mean it looks like a young Mike Tyson used her face as a punching bag.
http://downtrend.com/james/woman-savagely-bea...
Looked a bit excessive to me too. Hard to watch.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122373 Sep 12, 2013
American jihadi rapper Omar Hammami reportedly killed in Somalia

A jihadi rapper from Alabama who had a $5 million bounty put on his head by the FBI after he climbed the ranks of an al Qaeda-linked Somali militant group has reportedly been killed by members of his own organization.

Omar Hammami, known as Abu Mansoor Al-Amriki, or "the American," died in southern Somalia following several months on the run after a falling out with al-Shabab's top leader, the militants said early Thursday according to The Associated Press.

The 29-year-old became well known for posting YouTube videos of himself rapping.

There have been several reports of Hammami’s death in the past. Speaking from the family home in Daphne, Ala., his father Shafik told NBC News that neither he nor Omar's mother Debra had had confirmation of his death.

“We have been through this before,” he said.“It has been a roller coaster and we have been through this before, so I don’t know how to react. It’s a difficult situation.”

Hammami is believed to have entered Somalia in 2006 to join the Islamic militant group al-Shabab, which is trying to topple the country’s government.
The group announced a formal merger with al Qaeda in February 2012 and the following month the U.S. put Hammami on its most-wanted terrorist list and offered a $5 million reward for information leading to his capture.

U.S. prosecutors charged him with providing material support to terrorists.

But early Thursday witnesses told Reuters that he had been shot in a dawn raid on the hideout he was sharing with a British fighter of Pakistani origin, known as Usama al-Britani.

“This morning al-Amriki and his comrades were attacked by well armed fighters,'' village resident Hussein Nur told the agency.“After a brief fight al-Amriki and his two colleagues were killed. Several of their guards escaped.''

Hammami previously expressed fear for his life in a Web video in March 2012 that publicized a growing rift between himself and the leadership of al-Shabab.

The first serious attempt on his life was made in April.

"Just been shot in neck by shabab assassin. not critical yet," Hammami tweeted after the attack, later writing that the leader of al-Shabab was sending in forces from multiple directions.

Hammami accused al-Shabab's leaders of living extravagant lifestyles with the taxes fighters collect from Somali residents.

Although militants did not present proof of Hammami’s death J.M. Berger, who runs the website Intelwire.com , told The Associated Press that he thought it was “very likely true.”

"Hammami brought a lot of unwelcome outside scrutiny on Shabab from the international jihadist community,” he told the AP.“His story will likely be a case study on what can go wrong when Westerners join jihadist movements."

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/12...

Killed by his own. PRICELESS

One down,???? more to go. NEXT?

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Agents of Corruption 388,434
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Hill4me 217,059
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min Gunner 1,396,356
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 56 min Patriot 385
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 1 hr Patriot 1,270
News Vice President's Daughter Karenna Gore Arrested... 1 hr serfs up 7
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Memo From Turner 3,639
News Trump takes on trade deals in Pennsylvania speech 3 hr serfs up 70
More from around the web