'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 233680 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121412 Sep 7, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that 40% of undocumented (illegal) aliens came here legally?
That for the first 100 years ago we welcomed all without restriction (That is how your precious "founding fathers" wanted it).
I’ll say this, with no disrespect to anyone’s opinion on immigration. Until the Louisiana Purchase, the Mexicans owned most of the land west of the Mississippi river. America bought a huge portion from Napoleon who actually did not own it. The rest we took by military force, simply because we could. There were very prosperous Mexicans who owned millions, perhaps billions of acres in Spanish land grants, which were legal. West of the Mississippi, I am confused as to who the illegal immigrants actually are. This may not gain me any points with some, but the chips can fall where they may! Prior to that, America took everything the ‘native’ inhabitants of America had, including a good portion of their lives. Being part Native American, I have views on this subject.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#121413 Sep 7, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That for the first 100 years ago we welcomed all without restriction (That is how your precious "founding fathers" wanted it).
Problem is more aliens legal or not have come to the US since 1965 than at anytime in the 100 years before that. Obama has done more to stop illegals than any President before him. The Boarder Agents are double what they have ever been and more have been deported than anytime in US history. A new record deportation was set for 2012. 409,849 topped the old 2011 record of 396,906. But ask any Repub and they'll say Obama is letting them in the US. Truth is deportation among some groups is up 70% from Bush.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#121414 Sep 7, 2013
9eleven will be here soon enough.
1 post removed
Wondering

San Francisco, CA

#121416 Sep 7, 2013
Ghost of Raygun wrote:
<quoted text>Problem is more aliens legal or not have come to the US since 1965 than at anytime in the 100 years before that. Obama has done more to stop illegals than any President before him. The Boarder Agents are double what they have ever been and more have been deported than anytime in US history. A new record deportation was set for 2012. 409,849 topped the old 2011 record of 396,906. But ask any Repub and they'll say Obama is letting them in the US. Truth is deportation among some groups is up 70% from Bush.
Keep drinking the MSLSD Kool-Aid, tool.
countrygirl

Cadiz, KY

#121417 Sep 7, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
I see you have your group of cockroaches gradeing your posts, and spamming mine. You have your little group of 3 or 4 idiots to make you feel special; while I have friends with intellect, wit and education who enjoy my posts. Some are Democrats. You have a 14 year old smartass, a (real) batshit crazy loon, and a muslime! Ha.
Mirror,Mirror on the wall.... who's the dumbass of them
all? robert e-dummy!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#121418 Sep 7, 2013
Ghost of Raygun wrote:
<quoted text>Problem is more aliens legal or not have come to the US since 1965 than at anytime in the 100 years before that. Obama has done more to stop illegals than any President before him. The Boarder Agents are double what they have ever been and more have been deported than anytime in US history. A new record deportation was set for 2012. 409,849 topped the old 2011 record of 396,906. But ask any Repub and they'll say Obama is letting them in the US. Truth is deportation among some groups is up 70% from Bush.
All true.
I'm not sure how much of it is good or bad since we are a nation of immigrants.
Brad

Bolton, CT

#121419 Sep 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I’ll say this, with no disrespect to anyone’s opinion on immigration. Until the Louisiana Purchase, the Mexicans owned most of the land west of the Mississippi river. America bought a huge portion from Napoleon who actually did not own it. The rest we took by military force, simply because we could. There were very prosperous Mexicans who owned millions, perhaps billions of acres in Spanish land grants, which were legal. West of the Mississippi, I am confused as to who the illegal immigrants actually are. This may not gain me any points with some, but the chips can fall where they may! Prior to that, America took everything the ‘native’ inhabitants of America had, including a good portion of their lives. Being part Native American, I have views on this subject.
All avoidable if people secured their borders in the first place.
It will continue to happen if we don't learn from history.

Since: Dec 11

#121420 Sep 7, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
...and they brought plagues, and criminal records. We now screen people for good reason.
guy

Martin, KY

#121421 Sep 7, 2013
I don't know.
Brad

Bolton, CT

#121422 Sep 7, 2013
RayOne wrote:
9eleven will be here soon enough.
Do you think our embassies and consulates in hostile territories will have security in place this year?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121423 Sep 7, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
All true.
I'm not sure how much of it is good or bad since we are a nation of immigrants.
immigrants ... YES!LEGAL ones!
NOT illegals!

The "illegals"
NEED to go back home!

im·mi·grant
&#712;imigr&#601;nt/Su bmit
noun
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.
https://www.google.com/search...

What is an Immigrant?
An immigrant is a non-U.S. citizen present in or coming to the United States with an intent to reside there permanently. The laws governing immigration in the United States presume that any foreign-born person (also called a "foreign national") coming to the United States has the intent to become a lawful permanent resident (LPR). An LPR is someone who has been granted an immigrant visa (known as a "green card"). Legal immigrants are the same as LPRs, and they may live and work in the U.S. indefinitely as long as they do not commit any offenses that would subject them to deportation.(Hint: for an immigrant, think "permanent")
http://bartlettlaw.com/Understanding-Immigrat...

Illegal immigration to the United States is the act of foreign nationals entering the United States, without government permission and in violation of United States nationality law, or staying beyond the termination date of a visa, also in violation of the law.

According to the "Law of THIS Land"

*United States of America*

Legalization IS a long process!
Just ask Z!
SHE came 'here' the LEGAL way :)

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#121424 Sep 7, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
...and they brought plagues, and criminal records. We now screen people for good reason.
Ya the Native Americans should have been more selective.
Smallpox was a bitch
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121425 Sep 7, 2013
<quoted text>
"T" ...
I understand your view entirely ...
That is something to be 'worked on' also.

Treaties weren't fulfilled and lots of problems.
I believe there are some issues, STILL in the courts.

Here IS a 'great' website ...
Massive amounts of info ...
http://www.barefootsworld.net/

Hope you enjoy ...
I still have NOT read ALL of it ...

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#121426 Sep 7, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear you agree that the founding fathers could not foresee the future we now live in. As a result a good portion of what they envisioned is irrelevant.
Just as they thought an open boarder policy was a great idea in a time when the entire US population was less than one hundredth of what it is today, the right for private citizens to carry guns (presumably) sounds great at a time when the best gun made could only fire about one shot a minute.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121427 Sep 7, 2013
WE have a 'festival' going on ...
The KY STATE BBQ Festival ...
@ Constitution Square in Danville KY ...

Also ...
Festival on the Green ...
@ The Kentucky School for the Deaf ...

Great Week-end in Danville KY
<3

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#121428 Sep 7, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
immigrants ... YES!LEGAL ones!
NOT illegals!
The "illegals"
NEED to go back home!
im·mi·grant
&#712;imigr&#601;nt/Su bmit
noun
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.
https://www.google.com/search...
What is an Immigrant?
An immigrant is a non-U.S. citizen present in or coming to the United States with an intent to reside there permanently. The laws governing immigration in the United States presume that any foreign-born person (also called a "foreign national") coming to the United States has the intent to become a lawful permanent resident (LPR). An LPR is someone who has been granted an immigrant visa (known as a "green card"). Legal immigrants are the same as LPRs, and they may live and work in the U.S. indefinitely as long as they do not commit any offenses that would subject them to deportation.(Hint: for an immigrant, think "permanent")
http://bartlettlaw.com/Understanding-Immigrat...
Illegal immigration to the United States is the act of foreign nationals entering the United States, without government permission and in violation of United States nationality law, or staying beyond the termination date of a visa, also in violation of the law.
According to the "Law of THIS Land"
*United States of America*
Legalization IS a long process!
Just ask Z!
SHE came 'here' the LEGAL way :)
At one time ALL immigrants were legal.
At the time of our founding fathers our borders were open to all.
Were the founding fathers wrong?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121429 Sep 7, 2013
A "liberal site" ...

Dear Obama, It’s Time to Return Your Nobel Peace Prize. Here’s Why.
by Kirsten Powers Sep 6, 2013 10:19 AM EDT
How does a Nobel Peace Prize winner justify launching missile strikes in Syria? Or for that matter, a five-year drone war in the Middle East? Kirsten Powers says: he simply can’t.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/09...
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121430 Sep 7, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think our embassies and consulates in hostile territories will have security in place this year?
Of course not; Obama doesn’t want to offend islam, only Americans and America!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121431 Sep 7, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear you agree that the founding fathers could not foresee the future we now live in. As a result a good portion of what they envisioned is irrelevant.
Just as they thought an open boarder policy was a great idea in a time when the entire US population was less than one hundredth of what it is today, the right for private citizens to carry guns (presumably) sounds great at a time when the best gun made could only fire about one shot a minute.
You've NEVER read about "your" nations HISTORY have 'you ...???

Nope ...
Nada ...

NEVER!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121432 Sep 7, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
At one time ALL immigrants were legal.
At the time of our founding fathers our borders were open to all.
Were the founding fathers wrong?
THEN "the RULE of Law" came along!

R~E~A~D ya some!

L~~E~~A~~R~~N some US History

THEN get back w/ME!

Until then ...
BACK the "hell OFF"

pissant pUnk!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min Golden 10,516
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Realtime 1,406,218
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min THE LONE WORKER 201,772
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Jacques in North ... 219,777
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 31 min who cares 15,041
News Democratic chief Wasserman Schultz quits amid S... 47 min tina anne 70
News 'Jill not Hill' - Green Party's Stein seeks San... 50 min tina anne 15
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr katrina 88 391,753
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 hr Black Russian 5,757
News Commentary: Hillary's speech was not good 9 hr Harry Paratestes 26
More from around the web