'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 256354 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114729 Aug 10, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I "know" you are NOT talking about ME ...
pUnk ...
~-~
sounds a LOT like 'nutter' tho ...
looks like wrote:

The dumb just got dumber!
LOL LOL
There was an old lady on a hoverround
That same old lady was homebound
there was nothing to do
so on topix her names soon added up to a hundred and two
<quoted text>

I "know" you are NOT talking about ME ...
pUnk ...

Oh loon, you know the shoe fits.)8~D>

Sounds just like you. I might put some zeroes behind the hundred and two though. You and ari sock having a contest?

[email protected] )8~D> loon and her cirus sock king.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114730 Aug 10, 2013
The Confederacy Rises Again and Assumes The Identity of Republican Racism

It is not unusual for children to harken back to a special event they hold onto dearly and yearn to return to, and there are many adults who may not cling to any specific day, but certainly aspire to return to a period of their life the regard as special. Over the past four-and-a-half years, Americans unhappy at the notion of “change” President Obama campaigned on have looked longingly to return to a different era they remember as special regardless they may not have been alive but Republicans promise to revisit if they control Washington. For many conservatives disenchanted with 21st century America, the 1950s are the golden era they would like to “take their country back” to, and for many Southern conservatives, the Confederacy is their personal Utopia primarily for the supremacy the white race lorded over indentured slaves. In Virginia recently, neo-confederates leased some land near a highway and erect a 50-foot pole to fly the Confederate battle flag to “welcome visitors and commuters to Richmond and remind them of our honorable Confederate history and heritage” that was founded on the preservation of slavery and white supremacy

The rampant racism borne of white supremacy is nearly exclusive to Republican supporters and sadly, many politicians aligned with the GOP. For example, last month it was revealed that a vocal neo-Confederate worked for United States Senator Rand Paul running his new media as well as being the ghost writer for Paul’s first book. On many occasions Paul has eluded to his disdain for civil rights and attempts to couch it in libertarian terms, but he is still a racist.

The racism infecting the Republican ranks is borne of white supremacy and it is evident in opposition to free and fair elections and immigration reform. It is important to note that if minorities voted the way white Republicans told them to, there would be no voter suppression efforts in this country or opposition to immigration reform. In Texas recently, an honest Republican said as much in explaining why he hates the idea of giving 11-million Hispanic immigrants a path to citizenship and the right to vote.

The Republican’s primary goal throughout this President’s tenure has been portraying him, a Black man, as a failure and incapable of leading the country to send a message that he is not equal to a white man. It is pure white supremacy and it is as rampant today as it was in 1861 and, until it is purged from the population no minority will be afforded their rightful place as American citizens. Unfortunately, with a major political party stoking racial animus towards this President, African Americans, and Hispanic immigrants, white supremacy will continue dividing the races and if this country has gone back so many years like the protestor claimed, it is only because Republicans continue attempting to “take our country back” to what their supporters claim is an honorable Confederate history and heritage.

Read more:
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/09/confed...

Confirms what I have been saying since I heard that stupid quote..wanna take our country back. Yeah, back to those days. Racist bunch of teabagging repukes. I think the MAJORITY has spoken, not once, but twice that we are moving FORWARD.

How's that "re-inventing" yourselves working out for you? hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Mar 13

Winchester, Ky.

#114731 Aug 10, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Did NOT click your link ...
Do NOT 'recognize' your name ...
BUT ...
STILL Haven't FOUND What I'm LQQking For!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OKVgk6ku1z4XX
;~)
Ha Ha I'll make another account and be right back!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114732 Aug 10, 2013
Fox News Deploys The Scud Dud Sarah Palin to Stop Obamacare

Things have gotten to such a low point in the Republican effort to stop Obamacare that Fox News dug up Sarah Palin to repeat a far from greatest hits collection of her Obamacare lies.

The fact that Fox News has dug up Sarah Palin to repeat her death panel lies four years after they have been debunked illustrates what a sad state of affairs the stop Obamacare movement has fallen into. Palin isn’t a missile of truth to the heart of Obamacare. She is a dud that makes a lot of really loud noises before spinning in circles and crashing into the ocean. Sarah Palin never hits her target, and mostly manages to embarrass herself every time she speaks.

The Alaskan Scud dud and her payload of Obamacare lies has once again failed to launch.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/10/fox-ne...

HAHAHAHA, too funny. Ya think she waves at snowden from her front porch. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114733 Aug 10, 2013
'Nosegate' Is Good News for Mitch McConnell's Tea-Party Challenger

Matt Bevin could benefit from Team Mitch campaign manager's private confession.

Gaffes rarely cause a campaign to unravel. But the revelation that Mitch McConnell's campaign manager privately confided he's "sorta holding my nose" while working for the senator's reelection could still pack a wallop.

The content of Jesse Benton's remark was bad enough, suggesting that even the conservatives on McConnell's payroll don't like him. But the timing was worse: It comes just as the Senate minority leader is trying to extinguish a fledgling primary challenge from the right by Louisville-area businessman Matt Bevin. A serious, sustained Republican rival would not only threaten McConnell's grip on the nomination, it would divert his attention from the general-election opponent many consider his most serious threat—Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes.

"I think Jesse spoke for Republicans in Kentucky and all across the country when he said he had to hold his nose to support Senator McConnell," said Matt Hoskins, spokesman for the Senate Conservatives Fund. "McConnell's liberal record and his failure to lead on key issues is very disappointing."

Benton made the remark during a private phone call with Dennis Fusaro, who appeared to secretly record the conversation. Fusaro and Benton had worked together on Ron Paul's presidential campaign last year, which Benton managed before moving on to McConnell.

"Between you and me, I'm sorta holdin' my nose for two years," Benton says on the recording, which was posted Thursday at the Economic Policy Journal. He said he hoped what he was doing would be "a big benefit to Rand in '16. That's my long vision." It was a reference to a potential 2016 presidential run by Rand Paul, Kentucky's other GOP senator, who is Ron Paul's son.

Benton and McConnell tried to make light of the episode, posting a couple of photos of themselves holding their noses, and Benton circulated a statement calling it "truly sick" that his private remark had been recorded. He said leading McConnell's campaign "is one of the great honors of my life."

Still, during the news-light August doldrums, Benton's gaffe counted as the biggest political story of the day. And it's exactly the kind of tinder that Bevin needs to ignite his campaign.
The political neophyte launched his bid late last month, and so far, he's yet to leave much of a mark. Outside groups such as the conservative Club For Growth have yet to endorse his candidacy despite holding no love for the longtime senator (the club has said only that it is watching Bevin's campaign). Rand Paul has endorsed McConnell, which should carry weight with the state's grassroots conservatives.

But Bevin got good reviews at Fancy Farm, a rough-and-tumble political event this month, and McConnell's campaign is treating him seriously—even running a hard-hitting attack ad that questioned his personal background. McConnell's wariness shouldn't surprise: Ever since Paul defeated his handpicked choice for Senate in the 2010 primary, McConnell has been considered vulnerable. He's worked hard since then to fortify his right flank, courting grassroots favorites such as Paul and Benton. For much of this year, it seemed the hard work would pay off and McConnell would avoid a strong GOP foe.

But Bevin entered the race, and now he has fresh ammunition for his uphill fight.
"Even Mitch McConnell's campaign manager, Jesse Benton, thinks something stinks with the Mitch McConnell campaign," Bevin spokeswoman Sarah Durand said. "His admission that he is 'holding (his) nose' for two years while he works for McConnell shows that even McConnell's top guy realizes that his boss is not a true conservative, and after nearly 30 years of voting for big-government and big-spending bills, does not deserve to be reelected. Fortunately, Kentucky voters have a real conservative in this race that all Republicans can be proud to support."

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114734 Aug 10, 2013
Continued:

The bigger worry for McConnell might not be that he loses to Bevin, but that he's occupied with fighting off his conservative foe instead of focusing on Grimes, Kentucky's secretary of state and the daughter of a former state party chairman.

The fresh-faced 34-year-old is a top Democratic recruit for 2014, and early polls show an effective dead heat. McConnell remains the favorite, but his campaign depends on defining Grimes as an out-of-touch liberal. Every dollar spent attacking Bevin is one dollar less that could be used against her.

"Mitch McConnell is so unpopular in Kentucky that even his own campaign manager can't stand him," said Justin Barasky, a spokesman for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. "Unfortunately for McConnell, polls show the people of Kentucky won't be holding their noses in 2014."

Recent political history should give McConnell some degree of comfort. The last presidential campaign was full of gaffes from both candidates. When Mitt Romney's adviser Eric Fehrnstrom suggested his candidate would "Etch A Sketch" away his prior positions, it dominated headlines for days. When President Obama said in a speech, "You didn't build that," a reference to government-funded infrastructure that helps private business create jobs, Republicans devoted a full night of their national convention to the remark. Both were supposed to fundamentally alter the campaign; neither did.(Romney's "47 percent" speech did matter, but it was a whole different order of magnitude than most routine gaffes).

"I don't think at end of day, this is a particularly consequential problem for Mitch McConnell," said Rick Wilson, a Republican strategist. "If I thought Mitch McConnell was lazy, it would be a different case. But I know Mitch McConnell isn't lazy. And if I thought he wasn't willing to go negative and hit somebody, it'd be a different case. But I know he will."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/noseg...

PRICELESS

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH

“Don't touch my Nuts!”

Since: Aug 13

#114735 Aug 10, 2013
Okay I'm back!

I'm giving one specific idiot HELL!

RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114736 Aug 10, 2013
Why White Voters Will Flee a White-Only Party

Polls show centrist whites, particularly millennials, don’t want to align themselves with a party that can’t attract anybody else.

What a difference nine months makes. After November’s decisive electoral verdict, Republican leaders vowed to make the party more popular among minorities. Listen to some of the GOP’s top thinkers now, however, and you’re as likely to hear talk about “missing” white voters as efforts to court other groups. Rather than making inroads among minorities, the party is plotting to win more blue-collar whites, as House Republicans have come to view immigration reform—once regarded as the centerpiece of the GOP’s renewed pitch to Latinos—as a political loser. The chatter amounts to an unofficial announcement that, despite the postelection hand-wringing, the GOP isn’t staying awake at night worrying about its lack of diversity.

Anzalone points out that Romney, for all his success overall with white voters, performed poorly with whites in places such as Iowa, where Obama won easily. Whites constituted 93 percent of the vote there, and the president won 51 percent of their votes, according to exit polls. The same was true in states such as Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Read more:
http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/why-w...

HAHA, and the GOP is searching for the white voters now they have totally offended the blacks, Hispanics, women, and the youth. PRICELESS

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Don't touch my Nuts!”

Since: Aug 13

#114737 Aug 10, 2013
looks like wrote:
The dumb just got dumber!
LOL LOL
There was an old lady on a hoverround
That same old lady was homebound
there was nothing to do
so on topix her names soon added up to a hundred and two
<quoted text>
Now there's a real "caring" liberal, attack a disabled elderly person?

You're a real POS Scudmissile!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114738 Aug 10, 2013
Santorum takes on GOP establishment at Family Leadership Summit

AMES, Iowa – Republicans need to adopt the tactics honed by Democrats during the 2012 election in order for conservatives to be successful in taking back America, former presidential candidate Rick Santorum said Saturday morning at a religious gathering in the first-in-the-nation caucus state.
“Don’t agree with the establishment Republicans that we have to change our policies to be more like Democrats, but we do need to change our tactics to be more like them,” the 2012 Iowa Caucus winner told the crowd at the Family Leadership Summit.

Santorum said conservatives should emulate the tactics he said are used by the left:“They live out their beliefs in every aspect of their life. They just don’t play politics but they take politics and their policies into everything that they do. They mean it. They are passionate.”

It was because Republicans did not reach out to working class people in the last campaign that Romney lost, Santorum argued on the campus of Iowa State University Saturday.

“We can’t just celebrate the job creators, we have to celebrate the job holders and we have to have a message for them,” he said.“My challenge to the Republican Party is to take a page out of our book and start putting forth an agenda of ideas to raise up folks who want to vote for us. You saw from the last election, they don’t want to vote for President Obama, but at least he went out and talked to them. At least he went out and spoke about them. We didn't do that. We marginalized them.”

Santorum has not decided whether he will make another run for the White House in 2016 but said that he is encouraged by the warm reception here in Iowa.

“I have a lot of faith still in the people of Iowa in 2016 and beyond to use their good judgment and do what no other state has the opportunity to do, which is to know the candidates,” he noted.
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, another potential presidential candidate next election, will also speak at the conservative gathering Saturday afternoon.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/10...

"they don’t want to vote for President Obama"
haha but the MAJORITY elected him not once, but TWICE.

ELECTORAL VOTES - 6
2012 ELECTION
Obama wins by 5.8%
Barack Obama defeated Mitt Romney by 52% to 46% in 2012.

HILLARY 2016

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114739 Aug 10, 2013
GOP creates Ted Cruz, now thinks he’s a jerk

The Tea Party's favorite senator is what happens when you care more about activist love than legislating VIDEO

Here’s Sen. Ted Cruz, Ted Cruzing it up, taking practically sole credit for killing gun background checks and trashing all his colleagues:
he calls most of his colleagues “squishes”

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/30/gop_creates_t...

Love it when they eat their own. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114740 Aug 10, 2013
Exclusive: Clinton would dominate 2016 Iowa caucuses, PPP shows

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would start out as a dominant favorite in the 2016 Iowa caucuses if she chooses to run for president, a new survey from Public Policy Polling finds.

The PPP poll, which was shared exclusively with POLITICO, shows Clinton taking 58 percent of the Iowa vote in a hypothetical presidential run. Vice President Joe Biden trails far behind at 17 percent, followed by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo at 6 percent and Massachusetts Sen.-elect Elizabeth Warren at 3 percent.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/...

Off to take a swim. Have fun with yourself/selves ari sock, I think your queen )8~D> loon ran to get some more tequila. haha

Be back for big laughs in a bit.

HILLARY 2016

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH
2 posts removed

Since: Dec 11

#114743 Aug 10, 2013
Actually Southern Democrats were the ones holding onto Racism, a tradition Dimocrats have continued by farming the black vote.
They disguise control as charity IE welfare.
Escape the plantation mentality! Martin Luther King Jr. was Republican. Look at the ideas and motives behind Jackson and Sharpton: Ebonics in public schools? How would that benefit African American youth looking for a college education, a job, a managerial position?

Since: Dec 11

#114744 Aug 10, 2013
After the next midterm elections Americas only view of Democrats will be through the rearview mirror!

Caution! Dimocrats in your rearview mirror are dimmer than they appear!

Ditch Them Dimocrats!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114745 Aug 10, 2013
WHY are you 'suppressing' my
FIRST AMENDMENT R~I~G~H~T~S

Selective CENSORSHIP?

W~H~Y ...???
2 posts removed
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114748 Aug 10, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
I sent you a message.
There is a work around.
:)
k ...

:)

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#114749 Aug 10, 2013
Apropos of nothing, just a very well written, interesting article:

Mystery From the Grave Beside Oswald's Solved

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/10/us/mystery-...
1 post removed
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114751 Aug 10, 2013
BACK where you teabagging repukes want the country to go. Right.

Although the Dems were racist early on, somewhere we reversed roles with the repukes didn't we. Now we protect them, protect their rights and give them a hand up just like poor white people all the while you are the racist now and think they should be treated like slaves. Funny how that happened eh?
They see right through you teabagging repukes.

He lead the civil rights movement and then claim he was a repuke then want to deny the holiday, the statue, the honoring him in every moment possible. Even while they hire his family over at fauxbox huh?

Martin Luther King Jr. Republican Billboard Courts Controversy in Texas As Election Looms (VIDEO)

Hovering above Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue in Dallas, a provocative billboard makes a controversial claim in black and red block letters:“Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican. VOTE REPUBLICAN!”

It's a claim, and a voter registration tactic, that has been used before, despite a decidedly mixed reactions from community members who see it.

The ads posted this year -- as well as similar billboards posted in Austin and in Houston back in 2009 -- are the brainchild of Claver Kamau-Imani, a Houston, Texas, church leader and the founder of RagingElephants.org , a conservative group that aims to recruit more African Americans for the Republican Party.

In 2011, Politifact investigated RagingElephant's claims, enlisting the help of several noted historians and King biographers.

Thomas Jackson, a history professor at the University of North Carolina-Greensboro and author of "From Civil Rights to Human Rights: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Struggle for Economic Justice," told the fact-checking site that while the Republican party of Abraham Lincoln's era defended black rights, this attitude shifted after the 1870s. Jackson said he would call King a "'tax and spend' democratic socialist."

David Garrow, the author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning, "Bearing the Cross: Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference" said "It's simply incorrect to call Dr. King a Republican," adding that the activist did not ascribe to either party, but almost certainly voted for Democrats John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson.

"Martin Luther King may have very well believed in some of the Christian principles of the Republican Party, but Dr. Martin Luther King was not a Republican or a Democrat," Quanell X told Fox News at the time. "[He] would not be with the party of Newt Gingrich, he would not be with the party of Sarah Palin, he would not be with the party of Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage or Sean Hannity."

Back in Dallas, Peter Johnson, an activist who worked alongside King in the 1960s, told CBS that the billboards are simply offensive.

“Using his image is one thing, exploiting his legacy is another," Johnson said. "To distort his legacy, it’s sacred to some of us. We know the suffering and sacrifice that was made.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/29/mart...

Our Ruling:

Weighing the niece’s claim against King’s son’s, Honey’s and Garrow’s, and Goings’ speculation that he might have had to register as a Republican even though he always voted the Democratic ticket, it seems to us that the preponderance of the evidence shows that a claim that Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican is simply False.

http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/statement...

Apparently, like HILLARY, he turned DEMOCRAT. HUH?

hahaha, keep trying ari/jay/RALO/Johnny/Squirrelnu t/MMeyes/Nastydog/HACKERER/nak edwrestler/Don'tTread/etc/etc/ ets.....

[email protected] king of circus socks and the censored Queen )8~D> loon. Hilarious, I knew you would give me a hearty laugh after my relaxing swim. hahaha

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114752 Aug 10, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
Here's ya something to READ :)
'0' the FOOD STAMP pResident ...

what a guy ...

The new face of SNAP? Food stamps buy lobster for surfer and his buddies [VIDEO]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/10/the-new-fac...
http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/10/the-new-fac...
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114753 Aug 10, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
Hi Crow, hope you had a good day. I read that earlier reading all the news of the day. I loved that little mystery revealed. Little red bricks for headstones. And him Nick Beef and his friend Hash Brown. Awesome story.

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Brad 1,479,986
News Julian Assange 'to face extradition' after Chel... 3 min anonymous 13
News News 16 Mins Ago Inaugural speech is Trump's ti... 7 min shot first whites 41
News Specter of Lyndon Johnson haunts Trump 9 min shot first whites 47
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 10 min President Donald ... 4,395
News Can Democrats learn to fight fire with fire? 10 min tomin cali 59
News Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Trump inaugu... 11 min Go Blue Forever 62
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min Buffalo Bill 409,182
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 1 hr President Donald ... 17,838
More from around the web