'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
did u know

Union City, TN

#53871 Oct 15, 2012
NOUN:
pl. blas·phe·mies

A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.
The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.

"The Book Of Mormon", that I have in my hand right now says in it's introduction:....
"Concerning this record of Prophet Joseph Smith said: "I told the brethren that The Book Of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth", and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by it's precepts, than any other book".

These words put The Book of Mormon above the Bible!!
Jay

Paris, TN

#53872 Oct 15, 2012
Obama’s False Attacks

OBAMA MYTH: Destroying companies

REALITY: Governor Romney’s private sector record is one of success and turnaround, despite many investments in companies that were failing at the time.

Eighty percent of the companies Bain Capital has invested in from its founding to today have grown revenues. When companies grow, they are able to hire more workers and our economy grows.

Bain Capital pursued an investment strategy that often included targeting companies in decline and trying to turn them around. In most cases, it held the companies for many years and invested a significant amount of human and financial capital into improving operations to help revive these struggling companies.

When President Obama attacks Governor Romney’s record in the private sector, he’s also attacking our country’s greatest engine for job creation: the free enterprise system.

OBAMA MYTH: A “Corporate Raider”

FACT: Even President Obama’s supporters acknowledge this isn’t true. Steve Rattner, President Obama’s former car czar, said that Governor Romney was the “furthest thing” from a corporate raider. Governor Deval Patrick rejected the characterization of Bain Capital as a raider and said that Bain was a “perfectly fine company” with “a role in the private economy.” The truth is that Governor Romney wasn’t tearing down companies; he was building up strong companies like Staples, Sports Authority, Steel Dynamics, and Bright Horizons. This accusation is yet another failed attempt to smear Governor Romney’s “sterling” private sector record, and even President Obama’s supporters reject it.

OBAMA MYTH: Shipping Jobs Overseas

FACT: Under Governor Romney’s leadership, Bain Capital invested in over 100 companies. Of those, President Obama’s campaign has accused three of shipping jobs overseas. In two of these cases, the accusations are related to events that occurred in 2000 and 2001, well after Governor Romney left Bain Capital in February 1999 to lead the Winter Olympics. In the third case, the share of domestic production actually increased, not decreased, during the time the Obama campaign points to. This attack is merely an attempt to distract voters from President Obama’s failed economic record and his refusal to stand up to China’s unfair trade practices.

OBAMA MYTH: Closing Stores And Laying Off Employees

FACT: Under Bain Capital’s ownership, Stage Stores doubled the number of employees and doubled the number of stores. During this time, Stage Stores added locations in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Bain Capital sold its controlling interest in the company in 1997. Years later, Stage Stores filed for bankruptcy, but today it is a healthy business with 14,000 employees and hundreds of new stores nationwide.
1 post removed
polititions suck

Richmond, IN

#53874 Oct 15, 2012
Jay wrote:
Obama’s False Attacks
OBAMA MYTH: Destroying companies
REALITY: Governor Romney’s private sector record is one of success and turnaround, despite many investments in companies that were failing at the time.
Eighty percent of the companies Bain Capital has invested in from its founding to today have grown revenues. When companies grow, they are able to hire more workers and our economy grows.
Bain Capital pursued an investment strategy that often included targeting companies in decline and trying to turn them around. In most cases, it held the companies for many years and invested a significant amount of human and financial capital into improving operations to help revive these struggling companies.
When President Obama attacks Governor Romney’s record in the private sector, he’s also attacking our country’s greatest engine for job creation: the free enterprise system.
OBAMA MYTH: A “Corporate Raider”
FACT: Even President Obama’s supporters acknowledge this isn’t true. Steve Rattner, President Obama’s former car czar, said that Governor Romney was the “furthest thing” from a corporate raider. Governor Deval Patrick rejected the characterization of Bain Capital as a raider and said that Bain was a “perfectly fine company” with “a role in the private economy.” The truth is that Governor Romney wasn’t tearing down companies; he was building up strong companies like Staples, Sports Authority, Steel Dynamics, and Bright Horizons. This accusation is yet another failed attempt to smear Governor Romney’s “sterling” private sector record, and even President Obama’s supporters reject it.
OBAMA MYTH: Shipping Jobs Overseas
FACT: Under Governor Romney’s leadership, Bain Capital invested in over 100 companies. Of those, President Obama’s campaign has accused three of shipping jobs overseas. In two of these cases, the accusations are related to events that occurred in 2000 and 2001, well after Governor Romney left Bain Capital in February 1999 to lead the Winter Olympics. In the third case, the share of domestic production actually increased, not decreased, during the time the Obama campaign points to. This attack is merely an attempt to distract voters from President Obama’s failed economic record and his refusal to stand up to China’s unfair trade practices.
OBAMA MYTH: Closing Stores And Laying Off Employees
FACT: Under Bain Capital’s ownership, Stage Stores doubled the number of employees and doubled the number of stores. During this time, Stage Stores added locations in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Bain Capital sold its controlling interest in the company in 1997. Years later, Stage Stores filed for bankruptcy, but today it is a healthy business with 14,000 employees and hundreds of new stores nationwide.
rip offs and outsourcing ( retro retirement)
1 post removed
Jay

Paris, TN

#53876 Oct 15, 2012
Part 2 OBAMA MYTHS:

OBAMA MYTH: Rich businessmen profited most from the firm’s investments.

REALITY: The major investment beneficiaries of Mitt Romney’s work in private equity – and private equity in general – are the investors in the fund.

The investors include pension funds, charities, and universities. In fact, over half the money invested in private equity is from pension funds and charitable foundations alone. The success of private equity investments helps provide secure retirements for seniors, allows charities to serve their communities, and provides universities with the resources they need to educate our youth.

In addition, state and local governments depend on higher returns from private equity investments to fund employee retirements without cutting into operating budgets. When investments don’t perform, state and local governments must offset gaps in investment returns by using tax dollars otherwise spent on local programs. In California, for example, one study has shown that a 0.25% decrease in investment returns could cost local municipalities and school districts $300 million per year. That’s $300 million less being spent on vital local programs.

When private equity succeeds, it is not just companies that thrive -- it is retirees, charities, local communities, and universities that benefit the most.

OBAMA MYTH: Bankrupting a successful steel mill in Kansas City, MO.

REALITY: The GS Technologies plant that Barack Obama has used to attack Mitt Romney was scheduled to be closed if Romney and his colleagues hadn’t bought the plant and tried to help turn it around.

In 1993, GS Technologies, a company Bain Capital had invested in, purchased a struggling Kansas City steel plant from Armco. Prior to this investment, Armco announced plans to close the Kansas City plant if a buyer could not be found.

This investment – and $170 million in upgrades – kept the Kansas City plant competitive in a tough international market and saved the steel workers’ jobs for eight years.

Two years after Mitt Romney left Bain Capital, the GS Technologies plant was closed because of foreign steel dumping into the U.S. market. Thirty-one other steel companies declared bankruptcy during the same period.

During his three and a half years in office, President Obama has consistently failed to take the steps necessary to protect American manufacturing from unfairly-subsidized Chinese imports. On day one, President Romney will designate China a currency manipulator and take the steps necessary to make American manufacturing competitive again.

OBAMA MYTH: Shutting down a successful paper plant in Marion, IN.

REALITY: The paper plant in Marion, IN was losing money when Ampad bought it to try to turn it around.

In 1992, Bain Capital invested in American Paper & Pad, or Ampad. Two years later – while Governor Romney was on a leave of absence to run for U.S. Senate against the late Ted Kennedy – Ampad purchased the assets of an unprofitable plant in Marion, Indiana from Smith Corona.

This was not a healthy plant: In the year preceding Ampad’s purchase, the Marion plant lost more than $1.6 million dollars.

Though the Marion plant would later close, Ampad added nearly 2,500 jobs at other plants between Bain Capital’s initial investment and the sale of its majority interest. During this same period, revenues grew dramatically from $8.8 million to more than $580 million.
2 posts removed
You Know

Paducah, KY

#53879 Oct 15, 2012
If we wanted to read Romney's BS we could just go to his website. Or Faux Ewes.

“The Usurper FAILED”

Since: Apr 11

Americans

#53880 Oct 15, 2012
You Know wrote:
If we wanted to read Romney's BS we could just go to his website. Or Faux Ewes.
If you want to read about obama, go to his, then.
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#53881 Oct 15, 2012
What wrote:
What the hell is a "politition"?
Damn I didn't notice! "politition" is Politician, thank you!
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#53882 Oct 15, 2012
polititions suck wrote:
<quoted text>rip offs and outsourcing ( retro retirement)
Why can't you spell tour name right? wtf should have corrected it? We have found wtf's daddy at last! It's Politician, you halfwit Obozocrat! You suck!
Dirk

United States

#53883 Oct 15, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think he "felt really stupid". I can't believe you all cannot find something better to talk about than how much water Mr. Ryan drank.
I can speak from experience that when you speak in front of a lot of people your mouth may get dry. I can't even imagine speaking in front of millions!
hilarous!!!!!!!
Jay

Paris, TN

#53884 Oct 15, 2012
October 14, 2012

Obama Owns Shares Of Sensata, Personally Benefits By Outsourcing Of Jobs To China

The Obama October surprise has exploded with a whimper and not a bang.

Liberals have gone absolutely insane after snorting bathsalts under the name of “Sensata.” Supposedly, Romney is responsible for what Bain does 12 years after he left it, and Obama is not responsible at all for 4 years of failed economic policy.

And what is their claim? That Romney’s blind trust has holdings in this company that is off-shoring jobs from Illinois to China.

For many sophisticated and wealthy investors, as well as for ordinary workers invested in pension funds, China is a part of any diversified investment strategy.

President Obama, a former Illinois state senator, has as much as $100,000 in a state retirement plan that contains shares.

Oh… it would seem that this is a non-story then, right?

Not when you’re snorting bathsalts. The liberals are dedicated to spreading this smear while ignoring the obvious problems with the criticism, including the fact that one of Obama’s most prolific fundraising bundler headed Bain during the closing of GST steel, the other attempt to derail the Romney campaign with lies.

Sensata Technologies, the same auto parts company controlled by Bain that is closing its Illinois factory.

The real surprise here is how desperate the Obama tactics are this late in the game…

For those still whining that Romney controls Bain, POLITICO reports he left in February 1999.

This story picked up by FOX NEWS!
And Twitchy!
1 post removed
lifelong democrat

Clarksville, TN

#53886 Oct 15, 2012
If you vote republican you are stupid and hate everyone different from you. If you vote democrat you are smart and love everyone.
Cornered Cat

Elkhorn City, KY

#53887 Oct 15, 2012
lifelong democrat wrote:
If you vote republican you are stupid and hate everyone different from you. If you vote democrat you are smart and love everyone.
Everybody vote Republican ,I'm democrat not sure about this time yet . loser liberal jerk crawl back under your rock .
True American

Lansing, MI

#53888 Oct 15, 2012
If you are a democrat and vote democrat, you are gay.
True American

Lansing, MI

#53889 Oct 15, 2012
did u know wrote:
NOUN:
pl. blas·phe·mies
A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.
The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.
"The Book Of Mormon", that I have in my hand right now says in it's introduction:....
"Concerning this record of Prophet Joseph Smith said: "I told the brethren that The Book Of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth", and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by it's precepts, than any other book".
These words put The Book of Mormon above the Bible!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...
change

Statesville, NC

#53890 Oct 15, 2012
everyone with a dead end life that is sitting around waiting on a check is voting democrat . anyone with any hope for a future will be voting republican.4 more years of this and we might all be democrats . there wont be any jobs anywhere. If you don't care about your future just go ahead and vote democrat. Might want to think about learning a new language . Maybe Arabic. Since you are voting for a Muslim .
change

Statesville, NC

#53891 Oct 15, 2012
We all know who you are . The democrats stand out bad . they are the ones to lazy to work . they don't get out much.
we know what you do ewww

Glasgow, KY

#53892 Oct 15, 2012
polititions suck wrote:
by the way tell your mom to call me after she puts you to bed wink wink
You can't get up off your old nasty two tons of fun mammy long enough to even think about anything else. Quit frontin' creepy person.

“The Usurper FAILED”

Since: Apr 11

Americans

#53893 Oct 15, 2012
Cornered Cat wrote:
<quoted text> Everybody vote Republican ,I'm democrat not sure about this time yet . loser liberal jerk crawl back under your rock .
What do you do when your tail gets tramped on
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#53894 Oct 15, 2012
polititions suck wrote:
<quoted text> thanks man but we are not going to be friends now ok
I am devastated!!!!!!
2 posts removed
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#53897 Oct 15, 2012
Wow!!! Obama has really put the sanctions on Iran!!!!!

The jump to $199.5 million in the first eight months of 2012 from $150.8 million a year earlier, according to Census Bureau data, is surprising given Western efforts to isolate Iran economically because of its suspected pursuit of nuclear arms.

But it also shows that goods such as milk products and medical equipment - whose sale to Iran is allowed with a Treasury Department export license -continue to flow despite the sanctions and the payments difficulties.

Why does he lie about everything?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 6 min Blackhorse 12,456
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min John Galt 1,173,426
McCain gives thumbs up to 'American Sniper' movie 12 min Dont Snow Me 102
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 20 min Gary 1
Again, Obama turns back on Ukrainian fight agai... 27 min government of Ukr... 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 31 min Subduction Zone 142,393
US manufacturer of Oreo begins building new Bah... 42 min Hamad 3
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr red and right 305,024
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 3 hr barefoot2626 694
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 3 hr barefoot2626 852
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 4 hr Ambivalent 2,410
More from around the web