'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 2,429)

Showing posts 48,561 - 48,580 of144,603
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Silent Majority
Speeches for Kids[for the children on here :)]

You may have heard of the Silent Majority speech, but what was it? Why is it important? To learn more, read the background information below and listen to excerpts from the speech.
Background

Nixon won the 1968 election with his campaign for ending the Vietnam War with an honorable peace. The pace of the administration's end of the war continued to spur demonstrations including the Moratorium to End the War in Vietnam in October of 1969.

Nixon delivered an address to the nation now referred to as "The Silent Majority Speech" on November 3, 1969. Nixon laid out a plan for the end of the war through the process of diplomatic negotiation and Vietnamization. At the close of the speech, he requested the support of the "great silent majority" for his plans.

Nixon's speech was enormously successful resulting in tens of thousands of letters and telegrams of support. Not only did the speech affect the war and Nixon presidency but also it promoted a political opportunity in the Republican Party to amass a New Majority and promote conservative policies. Others disagreed with the president, and voiced their opposition in letters and further demonstrations including another Moratorium later in November 1969. Included are some of the responses-both in favor and against the speech-to the President.

Audio

First Excerpt
Second Excerpt
Text of speech

http://www.nixonlibrary.gov/forkids/speechesf...

Silent majority fed up with Washington

The brilliant but disgraced President Richard Nixon once gave a speech in which he spoke of the "silent majority" in American politics.

These were the people, he observed, who didn't wave signs or march in the streets. Rather, they were the people who quietly went about their lives, going to work, raising their families and giving back to their communities.

Nixon gave this speech in 1969 at the height of the Vietnam War. But more than four decades later, his basic observation still rings true. For if there was ever a time that a silent majority existed in American politics, it is today. The current debate over raising the debt limit is a good example.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-23/opinion/zi...
BLAHBLAH

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Its just another step in the liberal war against women, just like a typical democrat, accuse others of their own crimes.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the HELL "out of AMERICA" and GO "live with THEM" in THEIR country!!!!!!!!!
And LOVE them ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you want!!!!!!!!!!
Just NOT in The United States of America where Christ is King!
No. I'll love them from right here in America.
Please get over yourself. You can't even distinguish when it's the proper time to utilize quotation marks. American (Trailer Park) Lady.
Obozos clowns b gone

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. So not only are you opposed to womens rights but you're also against gays. Perfect.
You seem to be all up in the Obama crap so I have a question for you. How strongly do you support Obama? You come out swinging and lying and spinning on the internet because it's the chickenshit easy way to get some propaganda out there and never really have to stand up and accept responsibility for your crap. If you believe so strongly that Obama is a good thing for our country then why don't you prove it. Why don't you go to the unemployment line and tell 23 million underemployed and unemployed people that Obama saved them from doom and gloom? Why don't you personally speak to the 47 million people at the food stamp office who are now depending on government food rations to feed their family because of Obama's failed policies? Why don't you call every American household and tell them that losing nearly 40% of their wealth in the last 4 years is no big deal. Why don't you go to the towns where the murdered victims families live and tell them that you support Obama 100% when he referred to the terrorist murders as bumps in the road and tried with all his might to blame it on a youtube video so it wouldn't hurt his re-election? Just how big and how supportive are your balls for Obama? Hit the road Jack and show your loyal support for the Obama. We'll watch the news and see how your Obama support tour turns out. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

PROUD DEMOCRAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, change, that was a joke, I am not a democrap. Its me, BLAHBLAH,
C'mon Change, how did you NOT know that was BLAHBLAH?
Pay attention will ya?!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Very classy comment from another female liberal!!!!!!
I wasn't aiming for classy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Obozos clowns b gone wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be all up in the Obama crap so I have a question for you. How strongly do you support Obama? You come out swinging and lying and spinning on the internet because it's the chickenshit easy way to get some propaganda out there and never really have to stand up and accept responsibility for your crap. If you believe so strongly that Obama is a good thing for our country then why don't you prove it. Why don't you go to the unemployment line and tell 23 million underemployed and unemployed people that Obama saved them from doom and gloom? Why don't you personally speak to the 47 million people at the food stamp office who are now depending on government food rations to feed their family because of Obama's failed policies? Why don't you call every American household and tell them that losing nearly 40% of their wealth in the last 4 years is no big deal. Why don't you go to the towns where the murdered victims families live and tell them that you support Obama 100% when he referred to the terrorist murders as bumps in the road and tried with all his might to blame it on a youtube video so it wouldn't hurt his re-election? Just how big and how supportive are your balls for Obama? Hit the road Jack and show your loyal support for the Obama. We'll watch the news and see how your Obama support tour turns out. lol
numero uno. I don't have balls.
numero dos. If I did, they'd be pretty large.

Next!
change

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Change, how did you NOT know that was BLAHBLAH?
Pay attention will ya?!
heheheheh I am sorry !!! I got caught up in the heat of the moment. it is easy to get carried away here Topix !!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

change wrote:
<quoted text>I am not opposed to womens rights at all but i am incline to stand up for babies . how many babies have you killed being irresponsible in your life. its strange all the people you represent are all the people most try and avoid.
I've never had an abortion so this bullshit rebuttal doesn't even apply to me.
change

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Next!
cute !! keep voting democrat and you might have to learn to count in Arabic !!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

change wrote:
<quoted text>heheheheh I am sorry !!! I got caught up in the heat of the moment. it is easy to get carried away here Topix !!!!
Aw, it's alright, I don't expect much from you guys. ;)
Obozos clowns b gone

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Next!
lol And you don't have the brain power to comprehend and reply. Actually balls on your chin count...so yes you do have balls.

Are you having a problem answering the questions put to you, little one? We noticed your reply included no answers. Surprise, surprise! lol

When you think you are ready to answer questions put to you come back and post. Otherwise your posts are only read so we can make fun of your stupid ass while wtf and fwankie are taking some time off from their ass beatings on topix.
1 post removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

change wrote:
<quoted text>cute !! keep voting democrat and you might have to learn to count in Arabic !!!
I'm not opposed to learning a third language, Mr. Simpleton.
1 post removed
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I'll love them from right here in America.
Please get over yourself. You can't even distinguish when it's the proper time to utilize quotation marks. American (Trailer Park) Lady.
Now GOT that fixed! ;-)

NEVER lived in a ....(Trailer Park)....
Know some people who do...
They HAVE a helluva LOT MORE "class" and "integrity"
Than you DO!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Obozos clowns b gone wrote:
<quoted text>
lol And you don't have the brain power to comprehend and reply. Actually balls on your chin count...so yes you do have balls.
Are you having a problem answering the questions put to you, little one? We noticed your reply included no answers. Surprise, surprise! lol
When you think you are ready to answer questions put to you come back and post. Otherwise your posts are only read so we can make fun of your stupid ass while wtf and fwankie are taking some time off from their ass beatings on topix.
which is precisely what I've been doing to you all along! I assume you're too slow to recognize that!
There is simply no point in debating the real issues, we will never agree. In fact, I don't want to agree!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Next!
Frankly, my d EE r.....
you are no lady...
Maybe a "shemale"

b
U
t

NO lady ...

Mountain oysters or no mountain oysters ...!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

sloopy21 wrote:
<quoted text>
Than you DO!!!!!!!!! ;-)
"dO" tHeY tYpe "LiKe" this TOO??
I'm gonna need the number to the preschool that passed you onto kindergarten.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Now GOT that fixed! ;-)
Than you DO!!!!!!!!! ;-)
Initially you posted this from your alias. I responded there, you half wit.
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aiming for classy.
You certainly weren't!! As I said, typical female liberal. They are RARELY classy at all.

Probably not a good idea to call other females on this thread trailer trash when you are the one who exhibits the traits of one!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, my d EE r.....
you are no lady...
Maybe a "shemale"
b
U
t
NO lady ...
Mountain oysters or no mountain oysters ...!!!
Remember the other day when Insult said you were no lady? I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 48,561 - 48,580 of144,603
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••