'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 214030 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Jay

Paris, TN

#51450 Oct 4, 2012
Commentators from the mainstream media to cable talkers on the left overwhelmingly concur that President Barack Obama got his “butt kicked” on Wednesday night.

Time magazine’s Joe Klein said,“I’m with all the other talking heads: Mitt Romney won this debate. Barack Obama lost it. I mean, he got his butt kicked. It was, in fact, one of the most inept performances I’ve ever seen by a sitting President.”

Mitt Romney’s performance in the first presidential debate with Obama was so dominating it left some on the left sputtering.

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews’ dismay over Obama’s performance was so great that many were left wondering whether he had lost it.

“I don’t know what [Obama] was doing out there, he had his head down, he was enduring the debate rather than fighting it,” Matthews said while suggesting the president needed to watch his show for tips on how to handle himself in debates.

Fellow MSNBC talker Ed Schultz literally threw his hands up, saying Obama "created a big problem" for himself..

“I don’t think he explained himself very well on the economy. I thought he was off his game. I was absolutely stunned.”

ABC News’ Russell Goldman said,“Mitt Romney came out swinging in the first presidential debate, challenging President Obama over his health care reforms, treatment of the economy, taxes and funding for Sesame Street's Big Bird.”

^^^^^^^^^^

Today's media is talking a lot about "Big Bird," AKA, PBS. I didn't take it for a minute that Mitt Romney would not fund PBS in particular, or that it was a program singled out. I think he was using it as an example, that he loved PBS, but unless we could afford the funding, he would not borrow money from China to fund it, or such things as this. I think he was referring to *priorities.*
Alley Oops

Elkhorn City, KY

#51451 Oct 4, 2012
I think Romney will keep big bird ,get rit of the doe,doe bird .
Jay

Paris, TN

#51452 Oct 4, 2012
Al Gore is blaming the altitude for Obama's disappointing performance. It's starting to show up on the news right now.

If you want a good laugh, go here for the details. That is, if this long link will post.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gore-debate-...
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#51453 Oct 4, 2012
keyedup wrote:
Mitt Romney your hero Is a
Shape-shifting, cream-cheese LDS hustler with a spray-on tan. The Republican Presidential nominee. A fiscal Conservatives wet dream, which is to say malleable and not-too-bright, but can be counted on to look after the interests of the very rich and to never raise their taxes (see George W. Bush). Republican-leaning fox hag women will vote for Mitt based on his looks alone. Romney will never be our next president due to the sheer stupidity of the Tea bag haters chasing away votes of independents and typical republican voter witch will stay home. Will also hammer gay people to assure the Bible-beaters and red-faced Southern haters that he worries about what consenting adults do in bed just as much as they do.
"I'm Mitt, I'm shit"
"Mitt Romney has changed positions more times than a Stretch Armstrong doll"
"If elected, Mitt Romney promises to give everyone in America their own planet to live on after they die!"
Look it's obvious that you're still upset over the beating of your Messiah took last night but you're going to have to get over it. That was the FIRST time that he was challenged on his policys since debating with McCain back in 08. The damage that he took inflicted pain on the Obama supports because you were expecting him to win because he (in liberal eyes) can do no wrong. Last night was knock-out punch to his economic failures. Romney didn't let him off the hook on the shovel ready jobs market, the deficit failures, the Meda-Scare lies, and the Obamacare panels. You can try to spin this all you like but Obama has been in office for 4 years and the only thing he kept repeating was "gimmie 4 more year" and I'll get it right. He was a light weight and he got his A$$ handed to him.
1 post removed
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51455 Oct 4, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
this will make you all smile betcha!! F.O.R.D.
First on race day!!! LOL..
Had a 70 SS Chevelle,Hurst on the floor small block 350
Twin Webers..Wife hated it too noisy? had to stop get
under the doors shift those brass sycns by hand on gears
sold it for Mommas sake if I had kept that sucker????
F-found
O-on
R-road
D-dead

That's what we used to say!
My Daddy was a Chevy man :)

I do like Fords now!
Last car I had was made by Ford.
A Mercury Sable...
Great car...
Still have it...
Just a gas hog!

Running machine tho....
I've had it for years...
Thinking about giving it to my lil brother...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51456 Oct 4, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
You talking about the Grand National Regals(Buick)????
Love Em...
He had 3
His wife one
Him one...for daily
He raced one...
3 total!

S~W~E~E~T cars!
frank

Oakland, CA

#51457 Oct 4, 2012
Numbers don’t lie, am not an economist, but then again, most likely you aren't either. On the other hand, the economy affects you and me, so we need to come to grips with these issues to participate intelligently in the political process. There needs to be a genuine national dialog on these issues at all levels.
http://www.lcurve.org/
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#51458 Oct 4, 2012
frank wrote:
Numbers don’t lie, am not an economist, but then again, most likely you aren't either. On the other hand, the economy affects you and me, so we need to come to grips with these issues to participate intelligently in the political process. There needs to be a genuine national dialog on these issues at all levels.
http://www.lcurve.org/
I agree but if there is dirt thrown, then lets get muddy! If there is honest debate then please lets discuss the issues. Our economy for one is barely holding on and I believe that it needs to be spurred by jobs. Now we need to decide on how to create jobs. What say you?
Hey

Flatwoods, KY

#51459 Oct 4, 2012
I am an economist Frankie,Also an optimist..

Starting to look alot better isn't it,LMAO!!!
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51460 Oct 4, 2012
Jay wrote:
Al Gore is blaming the altitude for Obama's disappointing performance. It's starting to show up on the news right now.
If you want a good laugh, go here for the details. That is, if this long link will post.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gore-debate-...
Can you believe it? What an idiot!!!! They absolutely kill me!
First time I have heard altitude for an excuse except maybe for a basketball game.
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51461 Oct 4, 2012
Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it's obvious that you're still upset over the beating of your Messiah took last night but you're going to have to get over it. That was the FIRST time that he was challenged on his policys since debating with McCain back in 08. The damage that he took inflicted pain on the Obama supports because you were expecting him to win because he (in liberal eyes) can do no wrong. Last night was knock-out punch to his economic failures. Romney didn't let him off the hook on the shovel ready jobs market, the deficit failures, the Meda-Scare lies, and the Obamacare panels. You can try to spin this all you like but Obama has been in office for 4 years and the only thing he kept repeating was "gimmie 4 more year" and I'll get it right. He was a light weight and he got his A$$ handed to him.
Excellent post!!!!
repubtards suck

Richmond, IN

#51462 Oct 4, 2012
Tea Party Republican wrote:
Good night everone, Ive had a (few) beers and a smoke, it is time I put my ass to bed!
go fu-k yourself asshole with a/l's lips you guys must be pissed off at Rummy he all of a sudden wants to "help middle class" and doesn't want to "lower taxes for wealtht" and doesn't want to" kill social security and medicare" and he all of a sudden "loves some parts of Obama care" just a drop in the bucket of the things he suddenly feelsf diferently about what he said last knight is not what you guys have been creaming your pants about I thought you liked his kill the middle class and poor policies I personally only have one problem with what Rummy said in the debate and that is every thing that he said all the times before the debates boy did he tone his bullshit down he must of faced reality that he wouldn't make it on what he really is going to do so he cut the commie shit (till he gets in wink wink !!!!!) but I remember everything he said no trust here i know the real Rummy baaaaaaaaaaaa sheep
Hey

Flatwoods, KY

#51463 Oct 4, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
He had 3
His wife one
Him one...for daily
He raced one...
3 total!
S~W~E~E~T cars!
Here Ya go AL....

1970 GSX Skylark(Buick)..

www.flickr.com/photos/carphotosbyrichard/3443...
Nuts 4 Mitt

Union City, TN

#51464 Oct 4, 2012
What happened to the 20% across the board tax cut promised by Romney? Repeal Obamacare has become tweak Obamacare. Self deport is now aw shucks just stay awhile. A 5 trillion dollar budget hole is going to be filled with the corpse of Big Bird. Next Mitt will lower the voltage on the electrified border fence and offer gays a pathway to civil partnerships.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51465 Oct 4, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Ya go AL....
1970 GSX Skylark(Buick)..
www.flickr.com/photos/carphotosbyrichard/3443...
N~I~C~E :)
Nuts 4 Mitt

Union City, TN

#51466 Oct 4, 2012
Tea Party Republican wrote:
Good night everone, Ive had a (few) beers and a smoke, it is time I put my ass to bed!
You spent 10 years being a Mormon?
Alley Oops

Elkhorn City, KY

#51467 Oct 4, 2012
Nuts 4 Mitt wrote:
What happened to the 20% across the board tax cut promised by Romney? Repeal Obamacare has become tweak Obamacare. Self deport is now aw shucks just stay awhile. A 5 trillion dollar budget hole is going to be filled with the corpse of Big Bird. Next Mitt will lower the voltage on the electrified border fence and offer gays a pathway to civil partnerships.
more dump azz spew
1 post removed
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51469 Oct 4, 2012
FBI Offers $50,000 for Info on US Citizen Linked to Al-Qaeda

"Knowing that the public is the FBI's best ally in finding fugitives, we're requesting their assistance to locate Ahmad Abousamra," DesLauriers said.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.a...
Hey

Flatwoods, KY

#51470 Oct 4, 2012
repubtards suck wrote:
<quoted text>go fu-k yourself asshole with a/l's lips you guys must be pissed off at Rummy he all of a sudden wants to "help middle class" and doesn't want to "lower taxes for wealtht" and doesn't want to" kill social security and medicare" and he all of a sudden "loves some parts of Obama care" just a drop in the bucket of the things he suddenly feelsf diferently about what he said last knight is not what you guys have been creaming your pants about I thought you liked his kill the middle class and poor policies I personally only have one problem with what Rummy said in the debate and that is every thing that he said all the times before the debates boy did he tone his bullshit down he must of faced reality that he wouldn't make it on what he really is going to do so he cut the commie shit (till he gets in wink wink !!!!!) but I remember everything he said no trust here i know the real Rummy baaaaaaaaaaaa sheep
But somehow you can't remember 1 damn lie Obama told can you??

How about,By the end of my term as POTUS I will cut the Deficit in half,(You remember that right??)

How about all the uproar as to how incompetent Bush was for running up the Deficit,He's spent twice as much in half the time and alot of it was just on personal agenda..

How about promising to have our troops home within 18mos.(Remember)

You know what I thought was the best Bitch Slapping of a President?

When Obama got into an economy question(OBAMA said::Why do you support giving companies tax breaks for going to China)..

And Romney looked him straight in the face and told him that he knew nothing about the subject and he was wrong..LMAO..

Romney just plain ole Schooled Obamas ass..

And did ya hear Obama say the Lockheed Martin deal was their idea??

STRAIGHT UP LIE!!!
dont care

Owensboro, KY

#51471 Oct 4, 2012
Nuts 4 Mitt wrote:
he can't Obama has already done all of that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Phil Gray 370,918
Time to go? (Jun '15) 10 min Snowman 7,940
News FBI 'ready to indict' Hillary Clinton, Tom Dela... 10 min positronium 962
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,348,161
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... 15 min Rose_NoHo 9,144
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... 16 min positronium 4,369
News Rand Paul: a Plenty of placesa will hire you if... 16 min Pattysboi 79
News MSNBCa S Scarborough blasts Albright, Steinem f... 1 hr kuda 84
More from around the web