Perspective: Blaming Obama for everyt...

Perspective: Blaming Obama for everything

There are 660 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 30, 2013, titled Perspective: Blaming Obama for everything. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A poll of Louisiana Republicans released last week contained some strange news for President Barack Obama: Twenty-nine percent of them said he was responsible for the poor response to Hurricane Katrina - in 2005.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#705 Sep 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing you're working over is your Larry Craig blowup doll.
12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan on Obama's Watch...

One more reason he's the worst President in history.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#706 Sep 11, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was President when wars started and when the economy tanked big time??????

Don't lie and don't shift the blame....We all know Bush started this mess...Yes Obama has done real bad. But stop saying it is all Obamas fault when Bush got it all going and you know it.
2 posts removed

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#709 Sep 11, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron. There wouldn't have been any wars on Obama's watch if Bush and Cheney didn't start them. They left a giant mess for someone else to clean up. Now, go back to your Larry Craig blowup doll.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#710 Sep 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Moron. There wouldn't have been any wars on Obama's watch if Bush and Cheney didn't start them. They left a giant mess for someone else to clean up. Now, go back to your Larry Craig blowup doll.
Revisionist traitorcrat history.

al qaeda declared war on America, but willie treated it like a crime, and let bin laden plan and attack us freely.

Bush surged, Iraq was stable. barock surrendered and turned the Bush arab spring to winter.

barock is the first President to lose 2 wars. He wants to lose his 3rd in Syria next.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#711 Sep 11, 2013
OFC wrote:
<quoted text>Vietnam- Eisenhower sent only advisors and warned about the military industrial complex. Kennedy- kept the limited involvement and was planning on drawing down the number of advisors. Johnson- greatly increased our involvment and spread the war. Nixon- continued Johnson's policies. So I would call the Vietnam war a failure of both parties but the first to step in it was a democrat. As for Afghanistan- it was in our national security interests to go in. Iraq was a mistake based on faulty intelligence by us AND our allies and the UN. Just remember Bush did ask for and receive congressional support for both Afghanistan and Iraq.
Agree with most of what you commented. Where I deviant is where president Johnson was hoodwinked by a false report of an attack on one of our naval ships. Keep in mind McCarthian soft on communist was still running rampant with the republicans political strategies.
Johnson realized his error and refused the nomination to run for reelection and stepped down. Bob Kennedy a strong opponent against the war was slated to win. Alas he was assassinated. Hmm.
Johnson stayed within the borders of Nam. It was Nixon that invaded Laos and Cambodia with no exit strategy. 2 Million slaughtered.
Note how the Nixon administration also wiped out a newly fledging democracy in 1973 and supported a dictator to reign for 19 years. Millions deported and thousands tortured to be obedient to the new dictator.
As to Afghanistan invasion. I opposed it in favor for a subvert action similar to how Obama handled it. Drop and snatch.
Iraq was just another demonstration of the republicans desires for imperialistic agendas. Note we had inspectors there that refuted the notion of any Weapons Of Mass Destruction. Bush simply decided what he wanted.
World was not fooled by it and our approval ratings dropped down to collecting shoes that were rewarded to our USA.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#712 Sep 11, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
al qaeda declared war on America, but willie treated it like a crime, and let bin laden plan and attack us freely.
Bush surged, Iraq was stable. barock surrendered and turned the Bush arab spring to winter.
barock is the first President to lose 2 wars. He wants to lose his 3rd in Syria next.
Your just flat out insane. Facts escape you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#713 Sep 11, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
.."lose two wars"?....What a clown you are.....
1 post removed
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#715 Sep 11, 2013
Obama’s sword rattling pays off. His speech is as follows;
Good evening --
I just addressed the nation about the use of chemical weapons in Syria.
Over the past two years, what began as a series of peaceful protests against the repressive regime of Bashar al-Assad has turned into a brutal civil war in Syria. Over 100,000 people have been killed.
In that time, we have worked with friends and allies to provide humanitarian support for the Syrian people, to help the moderate opposition within Syria, and to shape a political settlement. But we have resisted calls for military action because we cannot resolve someone else's civil war through force.
The situation profoundly changed in the early hours of August 21, when more than 1,000 Syrians -- including hundreds of children -- were killed by chemical weapons launched by the Assad government.
What happened to those people -- to those children -- is not only a violation of international law -- it's also a danger to our security. Here's why:
If we fail to act, the Assad regime will see no reason to stop using chemical weapons. As the ban against these deadly weapons erodes, other tyrants and authoritarian regimes will have no reason to think twice about acquiring poison gases and using them. Over time, our troops could face the prospect of chemical warfare on the battlefield. It could be easier for terrorist organizations to obtain these weapons and use them to attack civilians. If fighting spills beyond Syria's borders, these weapons could threaten our allies in the region.
So after careful deliberation, I determined that it is in the national security interests of the United States to respond to the Assad regime's use of chemical weapons through a targeted military strike. The purpose of this strike would be to deter Assad from using chemical weapons, to degrade his regime's ability to use them, and make clear to the world that we will not tolerate their use.
Though I possess the authority to order these strikes, in the absence of a direct threat to our security I believe that Congress should consider my decision to act. Our democracy is stronger when the President acts with the support of Congress -- and when Americans stand together as one people.
Over the last few days, as this debate unfolds, we've already begun to see signs that the credible threat of U.S. military action may produce a diplomatic breakthrough. The Russian government has indicated a willingness to join with the international community in pushing Assad to give up his chemical weapons and the Assad regime has now admitted that it has these weapons, and even said they'd join the Chemical Weapons Convention, which prohibits their use.
It's too early to tell whether this offer will succeed, and any agreement must verify that the Assad regime keeps its commitments. But this initiative has the potential to remove the threat of chemical weapons without the use of force.
That's why I've asked the leaders of Congress to postpone a vote to authorize the use of force while we pursue this diplomatic path. I'm sending Secretary of State John Kerry to meet his Russian counterpart on Thursday, and I will continue my own discussions with President Putin. At the same time, we'll work with two of our closest allies -- France and the United Kingdom -- to put forward a resolution at the U.N. Security Council requiring Assad to give up his chemical weapons, and to ultimately destroy them under international control.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#716 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch the news and read books. Our lamestream media and liberal academia is where facts are few.
1 post removed
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#718 Sep 11, 2013
NOPE, not blaming him for EVERYTHING, just his MONUMENTAL continual circle-jerk total Fups of everything he does.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#719 Sep 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>.."lose two wars"?....What a clown you are.....
Nobody really wins a war, but there are definitely losers.

Ask the Japanese or Germans if they lost WW2. Ask the Vietnamese if they lost against the Japanese, French, Americans or chinese.

Ask al Qaeda if they lost in Iraq and Afghanistan. They think they won. The world agrees.

barock surrendered, crat.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#720 Sep 11, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with most of what you commented. Where I deviant is where president Johnson was hoodwinked by a false report of an attack on one of our naval ships. Keep in mind McCarthian soft on communist was still running rampant with the republicans political strategies.
Johnson realized his error and refused the nomination to run for reelection and stepped down. Bob Kennedy a strong opponent against the war was slated to win. Alas he was assassinated. Hmm.
Johnson stayed within the borders of Nam. It was Nixon that invaded Laos and Cambodia with no exit strategy. 2 Million slaughtered.
Note how the Nixon administration also wiped out a newly fledging democracy in 1973 and supported a dictator to reign for 19 years. Millions deported and thousands tortured to be obedient to the new dictator.
As to Afghanistan invasion. I opposed it in favor for a subvert action similar to how Obama handled it. Drop and snatch.
Iraq was just another demonstration of the republicans desires for imperialistic agendas. Note we had inspectors there that refuted the notion of any Weapons Of Mass Destruction. Bush simply decided what he wanted.
World was not fooled by it and our approval ratings dropped down to collecting shoes that were rewarded to our USA.
America wanted to liberate indo-china.

France wanted to re-enslave it.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#721 Sep 11, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch the news and read books. Our lamestream media and liberal academia is where facts are few.
You watch faux news and read books of lies then....

Ok keep lying...
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#722 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>

Have to agree with you about these cuckoo birds flying around on this thread. Reminds me of what Thomas Pane said about them; “ Trying to converse with one who has lost the ability to reason and have a rational thought is like trying to medicate a dead person”. Paraphrasing there..

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#723 Sep 11, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>I'm fighting for the repeal of the law of gravity. Happily I have the full support of the Tea Party.
So has Obama with his trickle up poverty.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#724 Sep 11, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dear reading is all well and good. Alas without comprehension it is of little use for you. Here try a reading comprehension course. Then actually read books like some classics to get you started. No, no not comic books or tabloids but actually real rational inspiring enlightening books. Then come back with what you have learned. Alas perhaps your operating with mentally handicap affliction and can not. Tea will do that you know.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#725 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You watch faux news and read books of lies then....
Ok keep lying...
Fox is far more accurate than the other propaganda networks.

I actually prefer the English version of European news.

I watch C Span, when our lax Congress shows up for work.

My favorite website is stratfor.com .
Huh

Faribault, MN

#726 Sep 11, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox is far more accurate than the other propaganda networks.
I actually prefer the English version of European news.
I watch C Span, when our lax Congress shows up for work.
My favorite website is stratfor.com .
Fox is right wing nazi fascist programing period....NO FAIR OR BALANCE TO IT.

Half what they say is lies other half is twisted to make the GOP look good.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#727 Sep 11, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dear reading is all well and good. Alas without comprehension it is of little use for you. Here try a reading comprehension course. Then actually read books like some classics to get you started. No, no not comic books or tabloids but actually real rational inspiring enlightening books. Then come back with what you have learned. Alas perhaps your operating with mentally handicap affliction and can not. Tea will do that you know.
Any recommendations professor?
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#728 Sep 11, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
America wanted to liberate indo-china.
France wanted to re-enslave it.
TSK, TSK my dear. You are one, not reading my comments or your inability to comprehend is stifling you.
Notice how I gave one example of how Nixon was anti democracy. That is why he chooses the imperialistic strategy. His expansions fed the wealth to his 1% lords and masters. Military Industrialist coffers filled and debts increased, that the 1% collected back in interest. Nixon is not alone observe Reagan’s Iran Contra Affaire. He said it was for the “Freedom Fighters” when it was to kill off the peasants that were revolting against their tyrannical corporations. Peasants wanted a vote in how their labors productivity’s were to be distributed. Another democracy attacked by a republican administration at the cost to the U.S. taxpayers. First president to achieve a debt of over $2 Trillion. Which of course goes to feed the coffers of the 1% lords and masters of your liberties.
Now the Bushwhackers… Whew could write a book on their deceptions to our democracy. Sending the profits to their 1% lords and masters.
All in all it boils down to is the extreme finical inequality that we are presently discovering ourselves in.
Buffet summed it up when he said “Yes we are in a class warfare and we are winning”. Here is what he was referring to; http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali...
Another book, for more specifics, of internal inequality of economics and their results would be; Joseph E. Stiglitz One of his books just released “ The Price Of Inequality”. Winner of the Noble prize in Economics.
See not a comic book or tabloid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,509,689
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Big Jake 262,508
News O'Reilly says he's distracted by congresswoman'... 5 min spocko 4
News Fights erupt at pro-Trump rally on California b... 7 min Steve 157
News Ellison says Democrats must fight Republicans a... 9 min FormerParatrooper 158
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 min carter county res... 25,292
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Justice Dale 239,559
News Ivanka Trump: A White House force, just not an ... 1 hr Trump your President 193
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr Tm Cln 7,652
News Collapse of Obamacare repeal plan puts Freedom ... 1 hr spocko 205
More from around the web