Perspective: Blaming Obama for everyt...

Perspective: Blaming Obama for everything

There are 660 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 30, 2013, titled Perspective: Blaming Obama for everything. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A poll of Louisiana Republicans released last week contained some strange news for President Barack Obama: Twenty-nine percent of them said he was responsible for the poor response to Hurricane Katrina - in 2005.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Kelly

Rochester, NY

#404 Sep 3, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
We are going on to 5 years, WHEN is Obama going to be held accountable?
Like never. After all he is a community organizer in way over his head. Sending out McCain, Kerry, Pelosi to garner support? Where is he and why won't he speak to the American people? Afraid of another gaffe off the teleprompter and "red line" gaffes?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#405 Sep 4, 2013
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Like never. After all he is a community organizer in way over his head. Sending out McCain, Kerry, Pelosi to garner support? Where is he and why won't he speak to the American people? Afraid of another gaffe off the teleprompter and "red line" gaffes?
Like George did?

President George W. Bush addresses the nation from the Oval Office at the White House Wednesday evening, March 19, 2003.

"My fellow citizens, at this hour, American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger".

"On my orders, coalition forces have begun striking selected targets of military importance to undermine Saddam Hussein's ability to wage war. These are opening stages of what will be a broad and concerted campaign".

"I want Americans and all the world to know that coalition forces will make every effort to spare innocent civilians from harm. A campaign on the harsh terrain of a nation as large as California could be longer and more difficult than some predict. And helping Iraqis achieve a united, stable and free country will require our sustained commitment".

"We come to Iraq with respect for its citizens, for their great civilization and for the religious faiths they practice. We have no ambition in Iraq, except to remove a threat and restore control of that country to its own people".

"Our nation enters this conflict reluctantly -- yet, our purpose is sure. The people of the United States and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder".

"We will meet that threat now, with our Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and Marines, so that we do not have to meet it later with armies of fire fighters and police and doctors on the streets of our cities".

"We will pass through this time of peril and carry on the work of peace. We will defend our freedom. We will bring freedom to others and we will prevail".

Every word he spoke, a lie.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#406 Sep 4, 2013
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Start sharpening your hate, for Hillary.....
1 post removed

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#408 Sep 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So why didn't Bush and his Republican House and Republican Senate fix the problem?
The same problem Bush warned them about many times.
You can't use Barney as your excuse, one man is not more powerful than Bush, the Republican House or the Republican Senate.
That's because Dumbocrats controlled Congress

ENJOY...

Bush Called For Reform 17 Times In 2008

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/bush-calle...

Adam 36

Location hidden

#409 Sep 4, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Like George did?
President George W. Bush addresses the nation from the Oval Office at the White House Wednesday evening, March 19, 2003.
"My fellow citizens, at this hour, American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger".
"On my orders, coalition forces have begun striking selected targets of military importance to undermine Saddam Hussein's ability to wage war. These are opening stages of what will be a broad and concerted campaign".
"I want Americans and all the world to know that coalition forces will make every effort to spare innocent civilians from harm. A campaign on the harsh terrain of a nation as large as California could be longer and more difficult than some predict. And helping Iraqis achieve a united, stable and free country will require our sustained commitment".
"We come to Iraq with respect for its citizens, for their great civilization and for the religious faiths they practice. We have no ambition in Iraq, except to remove a threat and restore control of that country to its own people".
"Our nation enters this conflict reluctantly -- yet, our purpose is sure. The people of the United States and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder".
"We will meet that threat now, with our Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and Marines, so that we do not have to meet it later with armies of fire fighters and police and doctors on the streets of our cities".
"We will pass through this time of peril and carry on the work of peace. We will defend our freedom. We will bring freedom to others and we will prevail".
Hillary voted for it.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#410 Sep 4, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Like George did?
I disagree.

I think the Iraq war got rid of a dictator in violation of UN agreements, as well as his surrender terms to us in the first gulf war.

Millions of Iraqis voted, and now have a chance at Democracy. I could see how this would disturb you.

While every casualty is grave, ours in Iraq have been light both compared to other wars, and the goal in mind. Bush tried to drain the swamps. Knocking off Saddam and fomenting Revolution in Iran and Afghanistan was a gamble, but well-calculated. He knew if it worked, we'd have peace and hope in an area where people only know misery.

Intelligent liberals (unlike you) panicked. They knew if Bush pulled it off, it would ensure Republican political leadership, so they switched sides and joined al Qaeda.... you followed.

Ask any member of our military that served in Iraq. The large majority still believe in the mission, even though barock surrendered.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#411 Sep 4, 2013
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sending out McCain, Kerry, Pelosi to garner support?
Why not? Isn't that part of their job?

The hearings yesterday were fascinating and good to see that between McCain's rudeness, McCain could play poker on his phone! LOLL
1 post removed

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#413 Sep 4, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Isn't that part of their job?
The hearings yesterday were fascinating and good to see that between McCain's rudeness, McCain could play poker on his phone! LOLL
yeah, one of them plays poker, other plays golf...hard working politicians we've got.

United States

#414 Sep 4, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>That's because Dumbocrats controlled Congress

ENJOY...

Why didn't they fix it before the Democrats controlled Congress? They were warned back then too.

Too busy making the war machine money perhaps ?

United States

#415 Sep 4, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>That's because Dumbocrats controlled Congress

ENJOY...

Then at the same time Bush was urging Fannie and Freddie to make more loans available for high risk borrowers.

You can't have it both ways, nice try.

Adam 36

Location hidden

#416 Sep 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Then at the same time Bush was urging Fannie and Freddie to make more loans available for high risk borrowers.
You can't have it both ways, nice try.
You can't have it both ways....true....prove that was the case

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#417 Sep 4, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yea old grey hairs. They think like you pigs so should fit right in. You don't find younger people from north going south other then maybe vacation to sunny place in winter. No sane working age person moves to the south...Wages are low and living conditions bad. Nice place in winter to visit horrible place to live.
You youth don't travel much past the basement door, much less Florida.

Paris

#418 Sep 4, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, birth control should be covered - Ms. Fluke's college tuition is her business.

Btw, I believe Ms. Fluke is an upcoming star - despite (and perhaps because of) the ignorance and name calling of folks like Limbaugh.
...... And whether I pay for pills is my business.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#419 Sep 4, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
I think the Iraq war got rid of a dictator in violation of UN agreements, as well as his surrender terms to us in the first gulf war.
Millions of Iraqis voted, and now have a chance at Democracy. I could see how this would disturb you.
While every casualty is grave, ours in Iraq have been light both compared to other wars, and the goal in mind. Bush tried to drain the swamps. Knocking off Saddam and fomenting Revolution in Iran and Afghanistan was a gamble, but well-calculated. He knew if it worked, we'd have peace and hope in an area where people only know misery.
Intelligent liberals (unlike you) panicked. They knew if Bush pulled it off, it would ensure Republican political leadership, so they switched sides and joined al Qaeda.... you followed.
Ask any member of our military that served in Iraq. The large majority still believe in the mission, even though barock surrendered.
The military members who have recently returned from Iraq and have discussed their experiences with me tell a different story, not to say what you heard was untrue. Things are more unstable and just as dangerous as ever, I'm told. So I guess one could say the description of conditions there now are more a matter of opinion. As far as ridding the world of an evil dictator, well, there were others and still are, that were worse than the one that was in Iraq which begs the question, "Why did we not start with North Korea or Iran?"
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#420 Sep 4, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> McCain is a Democrat.
Now you questioning other people's party affiliations? Btw, McCain would still have lost his presidential bid if he had called himself a democrat! LOLL
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#421 Sep 4, 2013
TerryE wrote:
My president was elected by dead people!
<quoted text>
I love this comment because it makes me question why even dead people did not want to vote for the Backward Thinking Party of No! LOLL

Adam 36

Location hidden

#422 Sep 4, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this comment because it makes me question why even dead people did not want to vote for the Backward Thinking Party of No! LOLL
I actually don't mind the party of NO Big Government, NO Increased taxes, NO Increased Debt limit and NO Illegal Aliens rewarded with citizenship.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#423 Sep 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
...... And whether I pay for pills is my business.
Don't worry, your free Thorazine injection pack is on the way,DUMBOSPAMBOT.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#424 Sep 4, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually don't mind the party of NO Big Government, NO Increased taxes, NO Increased Debt limit and NO Illegal Aliens rewarded with citizenship.
Then you certainly don't mind moving to Somalia. They have none of that, but especially your fave, NO GOVERNMENT. Pack your shit and take the rest of your teabag troglodyte brigade with you.

Paris

#425 Sep 4, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Barney Frank. The most powerful representative ever to serve in Congress. The Dem that scares the shit out of every teabag Sunshine Gutless Patriot. And he's gay to boot.
Oh my do like tables too? Ky's on sale I hear at wamart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump reacts to Flynn's guilty plea by slamming... 2 min Reddiaperdoperbaby1 141
News White House: FBI records show 'extreme bias' ag... 11 min DR X 44
News Rubio's defection threatens Senate GOP's margin... 20 min Impeach the Creep 45
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 24 min Repub Lies Manufa... 47,242
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 29 min Frindly 15,006
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min __Joy__ 1,659,395
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 45 min Retribution 1,373
More from around the web