BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
172,461 - 172,480 of 175,260 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Where is the USS New York and when will it return to the U.S.?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Oh oh, now the EPA is having trouble to hard drives crashing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Wotard will try and blame Global Warming or Bush for this!
Rush Limbaugh On Worst Economic Drop Since 2009:‘This Is What I Meant When I Said I Hope He Fails’
The Daily Caller
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh was dismayed by revised economic numbers showing the U.S. economy shrunk a staggering 2.9 percent in the first three months of 2014, placing the blame squaring on President Obama’s policies and claiming “this is what I meant when I said I hope he fails.”
On Wednesday, Limbaugh led his radio program with the Commerce Department’s “revision” of statistics on America’s gross domestic product in the first quarter of 2014.
While reports from April indicated a 0.1 percent decline and reports from May bumped that up to 1.0 percent, Commerce is now indicating that the U.S. lost nearly 3 percent of its entire economy between January and March. That’s one percentage point per month.
http://news.yahoo.com/rush-limbaugh-worst-eco...
“What people need to understand — it is a result of policy,” Limbaugh declared.“The United States’ economy is not naturally inclined to this kind of horrible performance. The United States economy, as designed, is designed to grow and expand.”

“None of this is accidental,” he continued.“None of this just happens to be occurring. It is the result of policy — six years of it!”

“This is what I meant when I said I hope he fails,” Limbaugh declared, referencing a widely-criticized statement he mad within days of President Obama’s inauguration in 2009.“This is what I hoped would not happen.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you drunk, doped, drugged, or over-medicated when you wrote it?
Okay, here's my reply, and mind you, this isl all be from memory. You're free to check it out for accuracy :
2. The Brazilians and Americans helped the British by arranging airborne refuelling for the only flyable Vulcan left in the British heavy bombing armoury , while the Chileans gave berthing and replenishing facilities to the nuclear British sub that eventually sank the Belgrano whose crew consisted mostly of teenaged sea cadets - most died.
Oh, and Russians gave intel to the Argentinians. So what? As far as the teenaged sea cadets, they were on a warship during a war!!! Don't blame the Brits, blame the Argentinians!!!
Now, go cry some crocodile tears.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

<quoted text>
Okay, here's my reply, and mind you, this isl all be from memory. You're free to check it out for accuracy :
3, Falklands is a French name? From Babylon? What is that, the 3 Stooges'
official dictionary? Could that named be more British even if you tried? DOH. Some obscurer explorer whose name escapes me (I don't feel like looking it up but will if you ask nicely) gave it that name in the 17th century. As to Malvinas, how much more Spanish can you get? That name was given to the islands by various Spanish explorers and settlers and Argentina insists on calling it that. Is that too complicated for you? In my post , I called the islands the Falklands - Malvinas in order to please everyone. The French were never involved in the islands far as I know,.
Well, if you have a problem with Babylon, can you reference as French French dictionary? If not, shut the F-up about it!!!
As far as the "Malvinas", yes, it is Spanish but they are British islands. If you are going to be on an English speaking site, speak English. Sure you may use British English spellings but I understand that. Centre is still center to me even though my spell checker didn't like it.
Oh, do Japanese call their country "Japan" or is it "&#26085;&#26412; , &#12450;&#12472;&# 12450;&#26481;&#37096; &#12395;&#12354;&# 12427;&#21015;&#23798; &#12398;&#22269;; &#28422;, &#26085;&#26412;&# 12391;&#30330;&#31077; &#12375;&#12383;&# 40658;&#20809;&#12426; &#12398;&#28422;&# 22120;; &#28422;&#24037;&# 33464;&#21697; &#28422;&#12434;&# 22615;&#12427;" (but I don't think this site will display their writing).

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
That answer is simple. You can't make money by protecting such things. Therein lies the problem with the world. Money, more money.
Are you condemning capitalism? Seems to. I don't. I think capitalism is great,except that those that espouse and practice it have gone too far. We are even past greed now. How do you figure, given our polluted state and "I don't care" attitude,we HAVE to make a buck , pay high dividends but particularly obscene salaries and bonuses to the top echelons, that famed 1%? It doesn't have to be like that and you seem to acknowledge it. What's wrong high and decent profits, not out-of-whack ones? One perfect example of such greed : GM has recalled, in the last year, EVERY car and truck it has built for the last 10 years, among which is one instance where people were getting killed and they chose to hide the defect. Oh, yes, they fired a low-ranking upper mid-level employee. And so it goes...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Where is the USS New York and when will it return to the U.S.?
Also, the ship is in incommunicado in that the crew is not allowed to use the internet social sites. Kind of like a ghost ship some where out there and no one knows when it will reach America. Or will it be GITMO?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Wotard will try and blame Global Warming or Bush for this!
Rush Limbaugh On Worst Economic Drop Since 2009:‘This Is What I Meant When I Said I Hope He Fails’
The Daily Caller
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh was dismayed by revised economic numbers showing the U.S. economy shrunk a staggering 2.9 percent in the first three months of 2014, placing the blame squaring on President Obama’s policies and claiming “this is what I meant when I said I hope he fails.”
On Wednesday, Limbaugh led his radio program with the Commerce Department’s “revision” of statistics on America’s gross domestic product in the first quarter of 2014.
While reports from April indicated a 0.1 percent decline and reports from May bumped that up to 1.0 percent, Commerce is now indicating that the U.S. lost nearly 3 percent of its entire economy between January and March. That’s one percentage point per month.
http://news.yahoo.com/rush-limbaugh-worst-eco...
Never mind whether your post holds any truth to it or not. My concern is, can't you find another source beside Limbaugh? Surely, there must be an honest, good political commentator out there who agrees with Limbaugh and speaks with such conviction about this president's mandate. Yes, can't you find anyone else?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chinooks? They had FIVE Chinooks. Ever hear of the SS Atlantic Conveyor? It was SUNK and guess what was on board her?!?
<quoted text>
Yep, only ONE Chinook survived! After all that Wicked Weed you have been smoking all these years your memory is off in La La Land!
1. Was not a destroyer sunk by that Exocet as I stated. You're correct, it was a supply ship. But, what difference does it make?

2. And, you referred to the Chinooks in your post like they were Argentine. They were British and would have made NO difference in the outcome whether they were used or not in the conflict. Knowing the state of the Argentine military and its officer ranks that didn't give a damn about its grunts, the whole invasion was bound to fail.

Your whole notion of the Falklands-Malvinas war is a farce. Please stick to what you know. Hmmm, don't. If you do, we shan't hear from you anymore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

<quoted text>
Are you condemning capitalism? Seems to. I don't. I think capitalism is great,except that those that espouse and practice it have gone too far. We are even past greed now. How do you figure, given our polluted state and "I don't care" attitude,we HAVE to make a buck , pay high dividends but particularly obscene salaries and bonuses to the top echelons, that famed 1%? It doesn't have to be like that and you seem to acknowledge it. What's wrong high and decent profits, not out-of-whack ones? One perfect example of such greed : GM has recalled, in the last year, EVERY car and truck it has built for the last 10 years, among which is one instance where people were getting killed and they chose to hide the defect. Oh, yes, they fired a low-ranking upper mid-level employee. And so it goes...
I had a 1979 Chevy Malibu and in 1984 my wife went shopping and while out, the ignition key locked up. She called our auto club and they connected her to a local lock smith who brought out a new ignition lock set and installed it.
He also said she had way to many things on her key chain and the extra weight and that had caused the damage to the ignition switch. I wonder how many of those people had extra heavy key rings. If so, is it the manufacturers fault? Should we be responsible for STUPID people?
Like the Korean airliner that crashed short of the runway because the pilots failed to monitor the systems? Even when I am on auto-pilot, I keep one eye on the instrument panel!!!

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, is "Malvinas" a French Name? Babylon says the French name for those islands are ... the Falklands!!! So why do YOU use the name Malvinas?
And, as YOU should know, the "United States" to the French is "Les Etats-Unis". So why do you call them "Malvinas"? I know, you HATE ENGLISH!!!!
<quoted text>
Sorry, I do not hate any language. I try and learn enough of any language to be polite. I am not in the situation where I can converse with others on a daily bases to become proficient in other languages is all.
The Falkland Islands are part of the British Commonwealth and it is okay for Spanish speaker to call them the Malvinas but you use it to slam the Brits. Sure, every language has different words for the United States and I am not offended if they do not say "United States" but I would only use "Les Etats-Unis" when talking to a French speaker, but not to a Spanish speaker.
You wrote : "to call them the Malvinas but you use it to slam the Brits" .You already said that or something to that effect. I answered that nutty comment.

When the war was on, I chose sides. I was totally pro-Brit. I used Falklands-Malvinas because that is what the islands are known as on both sides of the Atlantic and not to offend anyone. Your crap about "Les États Unis" and the "United States" is just that, crap . You create an issue where there is none.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

When Jimmy "The Peanut Man" Carter was president they had cut back to budget so much that they could afford to have one set of charts per aircraft. It is impossible for both the pilot and copilot to look at the a chart at the same time so it is impossible for the copilot to double-check the pilot. Ah, that is the job of the copilot!!!
We also ran out of toilet paper in the barracks. Thank you Peanut Man!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

<quoted text>
Never mind whether your post holds any truth to it or not. My concern is, can't you find another source beside Limbaugh? Surely, there must be an honest, good political commentator out there who agrees with Limbaugh and speaks with such conviction about this president's mandate. Yes, can't you find anyone else?
I knew just siting Rush would jerk your chain. Can't attack his opinion, can you? How sophomoric.!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Oh Jacqueau, when you site a source, I only attack the source when the opinion is ludicrous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

French bulldogs have flat noses because they chase parked cars!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Boy, the Daily Beast is spinning faster than a Cat-5 Hurricane!

How Obamacare Helped Crash the Economy
By Daniel Gross 12 hours ago The Daily Beast

Obamacare did help crash the economy. Only not in the way its critics thought it would.

The Commerce Department on Wednesday revised the growth figures for the first quarter of 2014, and concluded that the economy shrunk at a 2.9 percent annual rate. This comes a month after the government slashed its initial estimate from an annual growth rate of .1 percent to a decline of 1.0 percent. At the time, I called it a hiccup rather than a heart attack.

That was some hiccup.

At first blush, the substantial downward revision is something of a mystery. The U.S. economy didn’t suffer from any major shocks. There was no threat of default, government shutdown, huge cuts in government spending, or sharp tax increases. No major financial institution failed.

Throughout the winter and spring, companies warned that the brutal weather—the disruptive snowstorms, the arctic cold—would have a dampening effect on economic activity. And the weather definitely played a role in stalling the main engine of the U.S. economy—the American consumer.

The BEA breaks down sectors by their contribution to GDP. Personal consumption expenditures—people buying stuff—grew at a meager one percent rate in the first quarter. And that had a significant impact on businesses. When companies add to inventories—i.e. they sell stuff and then order more stuff in anticipation of higher sales down the rate—at a strong rate, it adds to GDP. When they don’t restock depleted inventories, it detracts from growth. And in the first quarter, it turns out that companies didn’t restock aggressively — either because traffic was slow due to the weather, or because they had ordered too much stuff the last time. Private inventories fell by a stunning 70 percent in the first quarter of 2014 from the fourth quarter of 2013. Inventories alone knocked down the rate of growth by 1.7 percent.
http://news.yahoo.com/obamacare-helped-crash-...
wojar

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you agree. Thanks.
No I was not agreeing at all. That one flew right by Romper. I said for Romper, size is indeed a problem. Ha ha.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

"Climate change alone is expected to threaten with extinction approximately one quarter or more of all species on land by the year 2050."

Harvard School of Public Health

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

"Aircraft emissions are expected to triple by mid-century."

Biodiversity.org

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

OMG, 46 people jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge last year. Why don't they just give these poor souls an overdose of heroin so they can die in peace?

Will San Francisco break the fall of the Golden Gate Bridge jumpers?
One man's very personal crusade to end a 77-year suicide epidemic
Holly Bailey, Yahoo News
By Holly Bailey, Yahoo News 3 hours ago Yahoo News
http://news.yahoo.com/golden-gate-bridge-suic...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••