BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194319 Jun 24, 2014
As long as Americans continue to elect officials like this, we don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/24/bi...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194320 Jun 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
As long as Americans continue to elect officials like this, we don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/24/bi...
You like to have it both ways, don't you? Politicians retire rich, you would think it's terrible. They retire with a pension, it's just as terrible. Did Biden not contribute to his pension fund, half the contributions by him, half by his employer, the gov't? Isn't that what any decent employer should do?

As to the transition fund, well, every other living V.P. has received it. Why not him?
As long as Tea partyers and buffoon birfoon birthers like you continue to follow Foxnews.com . you and your ilk don't stand a snowball's chance.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194321 Jun 24, 2014
Dual nationality.

The Al Jazeera Cairo chief, a Canadian with Egyptian nationality, has just been sentenced to 7 years for "broadcasting the wrong news" and aiding and abetting terrorism. All false, but that's hardly the gist of it..

But, how did being Canadian help him in any way once on Egyptian soil and fraudulently prosecuted along with a fellow Australian and Egyptian who also got 7 years? How did it help the Australian to have his gov't "behind him"?

News for birther constitutionalists, once you're out of your country, you're on your own and your homeland's jurisdiction holds no sway..
Afro-Euro-Americ an Prez

Jacksonville, FL

#194322 Jun 24, 2014
OMG, can you get so petty? Only a Lunacrat could think of this. As if the Asian Carp gives a carp about would humans call him. As if they do not have more important things to deal with like people using guns to hunt deer!

MN Senate Changes Name of ‘Offensive’ Asian Carp to Something Even More Offensive
by Tina Nguyen | June 23rd, 2014

Here’s a goofy story we regret missing earlier this year: The Great Lakes are under attack from an invasive species, fish of the Cyprinidae family, which threaten to overwhelm the fragile ecosystem of the world’s largest freshwater lakes. However, they’re commonly known as “Asian carp” and, as such, the biggest concern is that the name is offensive.

Back in April, Minnesota’s State Senate approved a bill amendment that would rename the “Asian carp”— i.e. the black, bighead, grass, and silver carp species — something that would absolutely not offend Asians, due to the carp’s association with a growing pestilence. CBS reported that the bill was created “in response to concern by some people that the current term casts people from Asian cultures in a negative light.”

The bill that included the reworked name passed the legislature and was signed by the governor in late May. The evil fish shall henceforth be known, at least in the legislature, as “invasive carp.”

First, yes, this is definitely offensive — not in the “How DARE you demean my racial group with your hurtful stereotypes” way, but in the “Wait, seriously?” way. According to National Journal, there are plenty of invasive species that are named after locations, simply because that is where they come from. Asian carp, for instance, were imported into the US during the 1970′s from a variety of Asian countries — meaning it’s completely acceptable to throw all the fish under the umbrella heading of “Asian.” Because, again, that is where they are from.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194323 Jun 24, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
Dual nationality.
The Al Jazeera Cairo chief, a Canadian with Egyptian nationality, has just been sentenced to 7 years for "broadcasting the wrong news" and aiding and abetting terrorism. All false, but that's hardly the gist of it..
But, how did being Canadian help him in any way once on Egyptian soil and fraudulently prosecuted along with a fellow Australian and Egyptian who also got 7 years? How did it help the Australian to have his gov't "behind him"?
News for birther constitutionalists, once you're out of your country, you're on your own and your homeland's jurisdiction holds no sway..
How do you know he was not aiding and abetting the enemy? I know, I know, Hanoi Jane was just sight seeing and they made her sit behind that anti-aircraft gun and put that silly helmet on.
https://www.google.com/search...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194324 Jun 24, 2014
Afro-Euro-American Prez wrote:
OMG, can you get so petty? Only a Lunacrat could think of this. As if the Asian Carp gives a carp about would humans call him. As if they do not have more important things to deal with like people using guns to hunt deer!
MN Senate Changes Name of ‘Offensive’ Asian Carp to Something Even More Offensive
by Tina Nguyen | June 23rd, 2014
Here’s a goofy story we regret missing earlier this year: The Great Lakes are under attack from an invasive species, fish of the Cyprinidae family, which threaten to overwhelm the fragile ecosystem of the world’s largest freshwater lakes. However, they’re commonly known as “Asian carp” and, as such, the biggest concern is that the name is offensive.
Back in April, Minnesota’s State Senate approved a bill amendment that would rename the “Asian carp”— i.e. the black, bighead, grass, and silver carp species — something that would absolutely not offend Asians, due to the carp’s association with a growing pestilence. CBS reported that the bill was created “in response to concern by some people that the current term casts people from Asian cultures in a negative light.”
The bill that included the reworked name passed the legislature and was signed by the governor in late May. The evil fish shall henceforth be known, at least in the legislature, as “invasive carp.”
First, yes, this is definitely offensive — not in the “How DARE you demean my racial group with your hurtful stereotypes” way, but in the “Wait, seriously?” way. According to National Journal, there are plenty of invasive species that are named after locations, simply because that is where they come from. Asian carp, for instance, were imported into the US during the 1970′s from a variety of Asian countries — meaning it’s completely acceptable to throw all the fish under the umbrella heading of “Asian.” Because, again, that is where they are from.
As an invasive unwanted and undesired species, I propose to rename the Asian Carp the "Rogue Scholar carp that pretends to be the Afro-Euro-American Prez carp "

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194325 Jun 24, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
As an invasive unwanted and undesired species, I propose to rename the Asian Carp the "Rogue Scholar carp that pretends to be the Afro-Euro-American Prez carp "
Mucheau thankeau
Grand Birther

United States

#194326 Jun 24, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
And Jacqueau, here is the data to back up what I just said. Now look at the center graph!!!
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/station_dat...
Yep, in the 1960s they were using over 500 reporting points but by 2014 they were down to just over 200 FOR THE ENTIRE EARTH!!!
Lol, exponential increase in technological capabilities in the intervening 50 years means nothing to a birfoon committed to lying to himself.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194327 Jun 24, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You like to have it both ways, don't you? Politicians retire rich, you would think it's terrible. They retire with a pension, it's just as terrible. Did Biden not contribute to his pension fund, half the contributions by him, half by his employer, the gov't? Isn't that what any decent employer should do?
As to the transition fund, well, every other living V.P. has received it. Why not him?
As long as Tea partyers and buffoon birfoon birthers like you continue to follow Foxnews.com . you and your ilk don't stand a snowball's chance.
And, true to form, you miss the entire point. Atta boy, Shirley!
Grand Birther

United States

#194328 Jun 24, 2014

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#194329 Jun 24, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you think that SLIGHTLY less sea ice means we are still in Global Warming. You do know that Solar Cycle #24 has peaked and it will be cooling even more in the next eight or so years. It is already the coldest solar cycle in about a hundred years and NASA-MSFC things the next few cycles will be as cold as they were during the Little Ice Age.
Again, Mother Nature, The Sun, trumps man-made carbon dioxide.
Again, Rougetard is talking through his hat. Cycle 24 began at the low point after seven years of denoument of cycle 23 (since around 2002), and during all this time, temperatures have not been rising, but there has been no appreciable cooling. So what does "cooling even more" mean when there has been no cooling? Indeed, November 2013 was the hottest November on record. "The year 2013 ties with 2003 as the fourth warmest year globally since records began in 1880."

Got a clue?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/2013/13
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
And Rougetard thinks that having slightly more arctic sea ice than the minimum ever recorded means we're in global cooling?
MORON.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#194330 Jun 24, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
They also create high altitude clouds which REFLECT solar energy back into space!!! So is there a "net heat-trapping effect" and can you prove it?
Does the Rougetard have a clue what the word, "net" means?

BTW, clouds capture IR. What stupidity.
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques
Condensation trails from jetliners have a net heat-trapping effect.
loose

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#194331 Jun 24, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yep, over 200 years ago an AMATEUR meteorologist figured out UHI! And you still do not "get it"!!!
Urban heat island
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An urban heat island (UHI) is a metropolitan area that is significantly warmer than its surrounding rural areas due to human activities. The phenomenon was first investigated and described by Luke Howard in the 1810s,
Luke Howard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Luke Howard, FRS (28 November 1772 – 21 March 1864) was a British manufacturing chemist and an amateur meteorologist with broad interests in science.[1] His lasting contribution to science is a nomenclature system for clouds, which he proposed in an 1802 presentation to the Askesian Society.
And over 10 years ago it was shown that UHI has had negligible effect on global temperature measurement.

So why is the Rougetard still blabbering incessantly about Urban Heat Islands?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194332 Jun 24, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he was not aiding and abetting the enemy? I know, I know, Hanoi Jane was just sight seeing and they made her sit behind that anti-aircraft gun and put that silly helmet on.
https://www.google.com/search...
Try to be relevant, please. As usual, you did not "get it", that is, the gist of my post,. Had nothing to do whether the guy and his two comrades were guilty or not. Rather, just trying to show that whoever you are, whatever your nationality, when you step out of your country, that country of yours has no jurisdiction over you. None.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194333 Jun 24, 2014
P.S.,: And where the hell does Jane Fonda come into this? Are you sane?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194334 Jun 24, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mucheau thankeau
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jGAOpXKSXfoXX
Pretty neat that British Harrier. Falkland/Malvinas war could not have been won without it.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#194335 Jun 24, 2014
"Solar power is now the dominant form of electrical power generation in Germany, and wind electric is the second with the two together providing 74% of all the countries electrical power needs - in 2014! Wind also set a single day record producing 39% of the countries electricity in December."

Drill baby drill?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/06/23/1308...

http://tinyurl.com/phxnl8k

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#194336 Jun 24, 2014
Just think where we would be now if we put our money into solar and education rather than war.
Mober

United States

#194337 Jun 25, 2014
Everybody wants to know. People are commenting in the media. http://ow.ly/yqnyV

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194338 Jun 25, 2014
wojar wrote:
Just think where we would be now if we put our money into solar and education rather than war.
Well, had we done that, we'd have almost 25% of our electricity powered by solar,wind power and miscellaneous other forms like Germany.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min Sharrp Shooter 294,689
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,156,138
Lovable 'Saved by the Bell' Actor Arrested on W... 2 min true dat dawg 2
Thousands attend 8-hour wake for slain NYC officer 4 min Deo Vindice 7
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 11 min xxxraytred 699
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min deutscher Nationa... 134,247
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Osmius 49,349
More from around the web