BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#193005 Jun 10, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The batteries that are made of carbon or the batteries that need to be recharged using energy produced by burning coal? Wind turbines kill birds and other flying wild life. Waterfall turbines kill water habitat,fish and other wild life that has sustained human life for many centuries. The famous wind turbines in Hawaii rarely produce anything but trouble.
No Frank. There are solar systems that store electrical energy while the sun is shining so that you have power when it is not.

Duh!

RationalState

#193006 Jun 10, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar only works when the sun is out. Wind only when there is ... wind. Water only when it is flowing!
<quoted text>
And how are you going to recharge your batteries? Solar? Wind? Water? The odds are that about 85% that it will be from coal (60%), fuel-oil (15%) or natural gas (10%)? And if you batteries run out of charge on the road, then what do you do? Get toad in?
Nonsense. A decently designed solar/wind system coupled with battery storage only infrequently needs charging from the grid (such as when it is overcast for a week).

I was talking about houses, not cars.

RationalState

#193007 Jun 10, 2014
And if your car is electric, and you charge it from batteries charged from your solar system at your house, you are not depending on coal, oil, or natural gas.

I saw a guy with an electric motor assisted bicycle last week. You can ride it 60 miles, and no hill is too steep. I had a Zip electric assist bike about 15 years ago but the battery technology has advanced so that a light weight lithium ion battery is much better (than the Zip's lead/acid battery).

RationalState

#193008 Jun 10, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The threat is not man made global warning, it is tens of millions of people migrating into parts of the world that don't have the resources to accommodate them.
Global warming? My post was in reply to conspiracy theorists' fake quotes about the "new world order".
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad no one can cite an original source, because there isn't one.
Bunk.

RationalState

#193009 Jun 10, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The batteries that are made of carbon or the batteries that need to be recharged using energy produced by burning coal? Wind turbines kill birds and other flying wild life. Waterfall turbines kill water habitat,fish and other wild life that has sustained human life for many centuries. The famous wind turbines in Hawaii rarely produce anything but trouble.
Why do certain people think that batteries initially charged by a solar system need to be recharged by burning coal?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#193010 Jun 10, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Why do certain people think that batteries initially charged by a solar system need to be recharged by burning coal?
What is "because certain people are idiots"?

Uneducated bigots for 400 Alex

RationalState

#193011 Jun 10, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The threat is not man made global warning, it is tens of millions of people migrating into parts of the world that don't have the resources to accommodate them.
Please let us know when you wake up, Frank.

BTW, there are 7 BILLION people on this planet, and last time I checked, my local supermarket in New England sells New Zealand lamb chops, Mexican avocados, Chinese bay scallops, Alaskan halibut, etc. Meanwhile, depletion of fish population continues. There is a limit population that can be supported by the resources on this planet. Sadly, if we approach that limit, and dire consequences will occur, fundamentalist ideologs will say that the negative consequences were caused by Divine retribution in response to population control, getting it arse backwards.

Insane.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#193012 Jun 10, 2014
I thought the TEA Party was no longer a factor?

Eric Cantor succumbs to tea party challenger Tuesday
By Robert Costa, Updated: Tuesday, June 10, 8:14 PM E-mail the writer

In a stunning upset propelled by tea party activists, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) was defeated in Tuesday’s congressional primary, with insurgent David Brat delivering an unpredicted and devastating loss to the second most powerful Republican in the House who has widely been touted as a future speaker.

The race called shortly after 8 p.m. Eastern by the Associated Press.

Read more
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-...

Location hidden

#193013 Jun 10, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, there are 7 BILLION people on this planet, and last time I checked, my local supermarket in New England sells New Zealand lamb chops, Mexican avocados, Chinese bay scallops, Alaskan halibut, etc. Meanwhile, depletion of fish population continues. There is a limit population that can be supported by the resources on this planet. Sadly, if we approach that limit, and dire consequences will occur, fundamentalist ideologs will say that the negative consequences were caused by Divine retribution in response to population control, getting it arse backwards.
Insane.
If we are depleting the Seas, why is canned tuna not $100 a can? BYW, your arse is suppose to be backwards!
The minke whale population continues to boom even though the Japanese continue to harvest them. In fact krill populations have been dropping in recent years to which you Libtards claim is caused by the Ozone whole and you will not even consider the booming whale population!
How will the increased ultraviolet radiation from the hole in the Ozone layer affect the krill of the Southern Ocean?

Research scientist Stuart Newman investigated this question and discovered a remarkable story of natural adaption.

Krill are definitely worth worrying about. They are thought to have the highest biomass of any multi-cellular organism on Earth. They form the backbone of the southern ocean ecosystem and are a "keystone" species. If the krill were to disappear, all of the creatures which feed upon them would also disappear.

In general, most animals bigger than krill will eat it, from whales, seals, penguins, other seabirds and fish.
(Humans also fish for krill but so far we haven’t quite figured out what to do with them apart from use them as feed for fish farms. As a result, the krill fishery harvests far less from the oceans than it potentially could, but this will most likely change in the future).
http://www.abc.net.au/science/slab/krill/
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#193014 Jun 10, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I thought the TEA Party was no longer a factor?

Eric Cantor succumbs to tea party challenger Tuesday
By Robert Costa, Updated: Tuesday, June 10, 8:14 PM E-mail the writer

In a stunning upset propelled by tea party activists, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) was defeated in TuesdayÂ’s congressional primary, with insurgent David Brat delivering an unpredicted and devastating loss to the second most powerful Republican in the House who has widely been touted as a future speaker.

The race called shortly after 8 p.m. Eastern by the Associated Press.

Read more
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-...
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#193015 Jun 10, 2014
And if your car is electric, and you charge it from batteries charged from your solar system at your house, you are not depending on coal, oil, or natural gas.

I saw a guy with an electric motor assisted bicycle last week. You can ride it 60 miles, and no hill is too steep. I had a Zip electric assist bike about 15 years ago but the battery technology has advanced so that a light weight lithium ion battery is much better (than the Zip's lead/acid battery).
wojar wrote:
Take you electric car on a long trip and then where and how often will you need to recharge? I Datsun Leaf goes about 60 miles on a charge and takes eight hours to recharge (off of 120 VAC) sooo, how many days will it take you to drive 600 trip? I can do it in about ten hours with ONE fuel stop!!!

Location hidden

#193016 Jun 10, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue lives in the past. Rogue forgets that light caption has improved 10 fold in the last 20 years, and that solar power works on cloudy days, as do our solar watches indoors. Yes, Rogue forgets that batteries do store power, as tides will create hydro power, if harnessed and allowed to flow back into the sea.
Where is any tide-powered power plant? I don't know as I have never heard of won!

Oh, found won. It is in France and the Rance Tidal Power Station produces 0.012% of France's electrical power. Wow eeeeee!!!

Location hidden

#193017 Jun 10, 2014
Ah, but their are side effects from tidal power stations!

Sihwa Lake Tidal Power Station
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The tidal power station provides indirect environmental benefits as well as renewable energy generation. After the seawall was built, pollution built up in the newly created Sihwa Lake reservoir, making its water useless for agriculture. In 2004, seawater was reintroduced in the hope of flushing out contamination; inflows from the tidal barrage are envisaged as a complementary permanent solution.
2 posts removed

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#193020 Jun 10, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
A year or so ago with the Datsun Leaf came out I read about a guy whose Leaf ran out of charge on the way to work and had to be toad in and he could not figure out why it would not go more than five miles. Well, when he got home he realized the circuit breaker had popped and his car did not get a full charge.
But the can not bring you out two gallon of electricity, can they? It is like flying a plain and you run out of gas, you do not park on a cloud and wate for the fuel truck!!!
Yes, and in 1904 or about that time, this guy's car broke down and everyone on their horse or in their buggies laughed at him. And hell, ho, like the Leaf guy, he could not repair it on the spot. Such ignominy , he had to have it towed by a ...horse.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#193021 Jun 10, 2014
Just read an article on hybrids, the Tesla S was mentioned a few times. Has a range of 211 miles, a top speed of 134 mph (ltd), and this model (P85 I think) as tested was $100K. Didn't give a recharge time.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#193022 Jun 10, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Romper, who thinks a Noah's Ark web site contains "geological evidence", expects people to believe he knows where to drill?
That's way to funny.
That's "exactly" what we used to do, batboy. No more prospecting, though, just management of present wells and continued drilling programs in areas where we hold leases. Can't say there was anything in your other posts worth responding to. Oh well, better luck next time.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#193023 Jun 10, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Oil worker: "So you're supposed to tell us where to drill?"
Romper: "that's why you pay me the BIG bucks!"
Oil worker: "ok. Where?"
Romper: "Drill where the oil is."
Oil worker: "impressive bit of advice"
Romper: "well my work here is done. I'll send you my bill"
Poor twink, you're a great deal dumber than you look.

RationalState

#193024 Jun 10, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are depleting the Seas, why is canned tuna not $100 a can? BYW, your arse is suppose to be backwards!
The minke whale population continues to boom even though the Japanese continue to harvest them. In fact krill populations have been dropping in recent years to which you Libtards claim is caused by the Ozone whole and you will not even consider the booming whale population!
<quoted text>
Hey Rougetard, when was the last time you bought a can of Minke whale?

Did you know that in 1992 Atlantic cod stocks were at 1%? "The Canadian government declared a moratorium on the Northern Cod fishery, which for the past 500 years had largely shaped the lives and communities of Canada's eastern coast."

It was caused by overfishing.

BTW, 30% of tuna stocks are overfished, that's a fact, no matter the price of a can of tuna. But tuna is only one category of fish.

http://worldoceanreview.com/en/wor-2/fisherie...

"Because the pressure on fish populations has been escalating for years. According to the current SOFIA Report, the proportion of overexploited or depleted stocks has increased from 10 per cent in 1974 to 29.9 per cent in 2009. After temporary fluctuations, the proportion of fully exploited stocks rose during the same period of time, from 51 per cent to 57 per cent. The proportion of non-fully exploited stocks, in contrast, has declined since 1974 from almost 40 per cent to only 12.7 per cent in 2009.

A clear trend is therefore emerging: as far as overfishing and the intensive exploitation of the oceans are concerned, the situation is not improving; it is slowly but steadily deteriorating."
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Insane.

RationalState

#193025 Jun 10, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
That's "exactly" what we used to do, batboy. No more prospecting, though, just management of present wells and continued drilling programs in areas where we hold leases. Can't say there was anything in your other posts worth responding to. Oh well, better luck next time.
Romper: "We don't have rigs, we tell them where to drill".

A few moments later:

Romper: "We don't tell them where to drill. Just management of present wells."

You're FOS Romper.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Romper, who thinks a Noah's Ark web site contains "geological evidence", expects people to believe he knows where to drill?
That's way to funny.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#193026 Jun 10, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Romper: "We don't have rigs, we tell them where to drill".
A few moments later:
Romper: "We don't tell them where to drill. Just management of present wells."
You're FOS Romper.
<quoted text>
That is correct, batboy, we do not tell an oil field worker anything. Never even see them anymore. Nor, do we own rigs, that's what operators are for, batboy. You really are clueless on this, aren't you? And once again, that is correct, we are no longer actively prospecting. Got any clue, batboy? That answer is obvious. DORK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min woodtick57 293,309
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min American 165,289
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min Pearl Jam 306,959
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min ChristineM 132,183
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min flack 1,153,525
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 15 min GOP-FOX-y-Fiends 78
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 15 min ChristineM 2,315
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 2 hr woodtick57 307
More from around the web