BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 214274 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Slick Willie

Jacksonville, FL

#186116 Mar 5, 2014
Obama is bitch slapped by the Senate by SEVEN Democrat Senators who voted against his nominee!!! Obama is a lame dick president!!!

Senate blocks Obama nominee over Mumia Abu-Jamal case
Susan Davis, USA TODAY 1:48 p.m. EST March 5, 2014
A former attorney for Mumia Abu-Jamal could not overcome GOP and law enforcement opposition to his nomination to run the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division.

Debo Adegbile was nominated by President Obama to run the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division
Law enforcement groups opposed his nomination over his work on behalf of Mumia Abu-Jamal
His nomination was blocked Wednesday on a 47-52 vote, with seven Democrats siding with Republicans

WASHINGTON--The U.S. Senate narrowly defeated President Obama's nominee to oversee the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division due to Republican and law enforcement objections to the role he played in the defense of convicted cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal.

In a statement, Obama called the defeat a "travesty based on wildly unfair character attacks against a good and qualified public servant."

Only 47 senators, all Democrats, voted to advance Debo Adegbile's nomination while 52 senators voted to block him, including 7 Democrats. Vice President Biden presided over the vote in the event he could break a tie, which was unnecessary after Democrats failed to muster enough support. Obama said "those who voted against his nomination denied the American people an outstanding public servant."

The Democrats voting to block the nomination were Sens. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, John Walsh of Montana, Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Bob Casey Jr. of Pennsylvania, Mark Pryor of Arkansas and Chris Coons of Delaware. Coons, Pryor, and Walsh all face re-election this year. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., also voted against the nomination in the end, but only for procedural reasons that will allow him to bring it up again if he so chooses.

Adegbile's defeat occurred even after Senate Democrats last year unilaterally changed the Senate rules on judicial and executive nominations to lower the threshold from 60 to a simple majority of votes to end a filibuster. He is the first Obama nominee to lose on the floor over Democratic opposition.

Democrats, lawyers groups and civil rights activists hailed Adegbile as one of the nation's leading civil rights attorneys with impeccable credentials honed over two decades in the profession. He has worked as an aide in the U.S. Senate as well as the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund and has argued two civil rights cases on voting rights before the Supreme Court.

"There is no question about his competence," said Senate Minority Whip Richard Durbin, D-Ill., prior to the vote.

Slick Willie

Jacksonville, FL

#186117 Mar 5, 2014
However, his nomination prompted fierce backlash from the law enforcement community because he once worked on the defense team of Abu-Jamal, who was convicted for the 1981 murder of Philadelphia police office Daniel Faulkner. Adegbile was part of the NAACP legal team that is partly credited with commuting Abu-Jamal's death sentence.

In a statement, Coons said he did not doubt Adegbile's qualifications but that he could not overcome concerns about his ability to do the job. "I was troubled by the idea of voting for an Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights who would face such visceral opposition from law enforcement on his first day on the job," he said, "The vote I cast today was one of the most difficult I have taken since joining the Senate, but I believe it to be right for the people I represent."

Speaking on the Senate floor, Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., noted that Adegbile's work on the case began 25 years after the murder occurred and credited Adegbile's work on protecting constitutional rights. "He's a fine man, what a story of the American Dream. He's devoted his life to public service," Reid said.

Faulkner's widow, Maureen, lobbied senators to oppose the nomination. "Old wounds have once again been ripped open and additional insult is brought upon our law enforcement community in this country by President Obama's nomination of Debo Adegbile," she wrote in an emotional letter, "Certainly there are others with similar qualifications that would be better choices. I would argue that Mr. Adegbile's decision to defend a cop killer should preclude him from holding any public position."

The Philadelphia Inquirer, which exhaustively covered Abu-Jamal''s conviction and appeals, strongly disagreed in a Tuesday editorial. "To argue that Adegbile, one of the country's foremost legal scholars - especially when it comes to civil rights law - should be disqualified from the Justice post because he participated in Abu-Jamal's appeals is an affront to what it means to live in America. This country allows every convict to exhaustively appeal a verdict, even when all the prior evidence appears to have assured his guilt."
Slick Willie

Jacksonville, FL

#186118 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>It was with George Zimmerman as he was labelled a RACIST solely because he is White (-Hispanic) and Trayvon was black. But it was Trayvon who was using racial slurs and not only was the zero evidence GZ was not Racist, there is evidence he support a black victim who was beaten by a white boy who's father was a police officer!!!
And you assume ALL Blacks and Hispanics are Libtards like you when that is false.
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
One of us does an whole lot of assuming and obsessing, and the other one of us does a whole lot of laughing at the assumer / obsessor.
No, no assumptions. All hard facts. You Libtards assume that a white person is a bigot and that black people can never be a bigot when way to often, it is the exact opposite.
Slick Willie

Jacksonville, FL

#186119 Mar 5, 2014
Yep, according to you Libtards KKK/ Aryan Brotherhood/ skinheads are racist bigots but member of the New Black Panthers are not!!!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#186120 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is? I didn't know that. I thought Joe O'Biden was!
Nope, mistaken identity, Rogue. You must mean Dick Cheney.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#186121 Mar 5, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, mistaken identity, Rogue. You must mean Dick Cheney.
Nope, Joe O'Biden. Hey, did you see Obummer Boys new "Disapproval" Rating? Only 38% now approve of Obama which means only Dummycrats approve of him

Fox News poll: Obama's approval hits new low
By Dana Blanton Published March 05, 2014 FoxNews.

President Obama’s job approval rating hits a record low this week, as a majority of Americans say his administration has mostly failed at growing the economy, creating jobs, improving health care and the country’s image.

That’s according to a Fox News poll released Wednesday.

For the first time in a Fox News poll, fewer than four voters in ten -- 38 percent -- approve of President Obama’s job performance. Fifty-four percent disapprove. Before now Obama’s worst job rating was 40-55 percent in November 2013. Last month 42 percent approved and 53 percent disapproved (February 2014).

CLICK HERE TO READ THE POLL RESULTS
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2...
Slick Willie

Jacksonville, FL

#186122 Mar 5, 2014
OMG, this is really bad. Pres. Obama Un-friend-ed Putin!
1 post removed
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#186124 Mar 5, 2014
Slick Willie wrote:
If you were any smarter we'd have to hire a service to stop by and water you twice a week

Ottawa

#186125 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, Joe O'Biden. Hey, did you see Obummer Boys new "Disapproval" Rating? Only 38% now approve of Obama which means only Dummycrats approve of him
Fox News poll: Obama's approval hits new low
By Dana Blanton Published March 05, 2014 FoxNews.
President Obama’s job approval rating hits a record low this week, as a majority of Americans say his administration has mostly failed at growing the economy, creating jobs, improving health care and the country’s image.
That’s according to a Fox News poll released Wednesday.
For the first time in a Fox News poll, fewer than four voters in ten -- 38 percent -- approve of President Obama’s job performance. Fifty-four percent disapprove. Before now Obama’s worst job rating was 40-55 percent in November 2013. Last month 42 percent approved and 53 percent disapproved (February 2014).
CLICK HERE TO READ THE POLL RESULTS
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2...
Er, yes, I saw Obama's approval or disapproval rating, Rogue. Do you think it looks bad for him for 2016? Oh, sorry, he's not running. Neither was GWB running when his disapproval rating hit 17%. Do you think Obama will ever sink that low?

Ottawa

#186126 Mar 5, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Says I am a libertarian. My dot was at the top of the diamond. I find it hard to believe that 8 questions can determine where you "fit in". But hey, was fun for a min.
;)
Whew, on the other hand, was afraid I'd come out a communist.

Ottawa

#186127 Mar 5, 2014
Slick Willie wrote:
Can't hide your love for :Putin, can you? You do know, now that we have close to open war with Russia, and being pro-Putin and anti-Obama, you are inching closer and closer to being a traitor. Putin is strong, he invaded Ukraine. So was Hitler, he invaded Poland. Strong man. You would've loved Adolf.

Ottawa

#186128 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue, do tell us, as you have criticized every single move Obama has made on anything. Now it's Ukraine.

We've asked you many a time, and the only response we've received took the form of a lame joke.

On Russian invasion of Georgia, on Syria, on Ukraine, what would YOU have done?

McCain, whom I like , said today that Putin was emboldened on account of the U.S.'s (read Obama's) past lack of resolve. I wonder. What lack of resolve? Where? When?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#186129 Mar 5, 2014
Jacques,
John McCain is on shakey ground himself.
Wasn't he the goof who was caught singing acapella the words "Bomb, Bomb Iran" and I quote, as a corruption of the Beach Boy's smash hit "Barbara Ann", I ask.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the United States has very little leverage to wield in the Ukraine's internal affairs with Mother Russia.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#186130 Mar 6, 2014
Why do Libtards always have to throw out the RACE CARD? Have you ever heard of the story of "The Little Boy Cried Wolf"?!? Pretty soon you sound like the Little Chick who said the sky was falling.

Harkin: DOJ Civil Rights Nominee Would Have Been Confirmed If He Was White: 03/05/2014
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/05/tom-...

The Muppets - The Boy who cried Wolf

Ottawa

#186131 Mar 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Why do Libtards always have to throw out the RACE CARD? Have you ever heard of the story of "The Little Boy Cried Wolf"?!? Pretty soon you sound like the Little Chick who said the sky was falling.
Harkin: DOJ Civil Rights Nominee Would Have Been Confirmed If He Was White: 03/05/2014
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/05/tom-...
The Muppets - The Boy who cried Wolf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =j_-UZ4ADjmYXX
White? May have helped get those 4 or 5 extra votes.

So, not one single Repub thought this guy was right for the job. Just like not one single repub thought Obamacare was no good. Not one single one? Hmm. As for the Democrats, they do have this knack of shedding solidarity and self-destruct. They will split on principle. The Repubs, on the other hand, will stick together even when grossly wrong.

Ottawa

#186132 Mar 6, 2014
corr : was good, NOTwas no good. grrrr.

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#186133 Mar 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is? I didn't know that. I thought Joe O'Biden was!
BIDEN is the puppet-master as was Cheney & GHW Bush.
The UN, Vatican & Freemasons all want the Temple on the Mount for their NWO.Kenyan-born, bisexual, Moslem Obama is the Antichrist & 100% Italian Jesuit Pope Francis is the False Prophet. There are over 800 prison camps in the United States. All fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards. But they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States and all it would take is a presidential signature on a proclamation. Why does the US government need 30,000 Guillotines and over 600 Million rounds of hollow point bullets?. AND 9/11 WAS an inside-job(false-flag event) too. I hate Big Brother.

Ottawa

#186134 Mar 6, 2014
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>BIDEN is the puppet-master as was Cheney & GHW Bush.
The UN, Vatican & Freemasons all want the Temple on the Mount for their NWO.Kenyan-born, bisexual, Moslem Obama is the Antichrist & 100% Italian Jesuit Pope Francis is the False Prophet. There are over 800 prison camps in the United States. All fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards. But they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States and all it would take is a presidential signature on a proclamation. Why does the US government need 30,000 Guillotines and over 600 Million rounds of hollow point bullets?. AND 9/11 WAS an inside-job(false-flag event) too. I hate Big Brother.
Quickly, handcuffs, straight jacket, rubber room, restrainers, no more sugar and food dyes.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#186135 Mar 6, 2014

THAT is something called integrity.

More journalist should have it.
1 post removed
Grand Birther

Jasper, IN

#186137 Mar 6, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump ad hurls sexual-assault accusations again... 2 min serfs up 12
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,382,138
News Facebook will stop relying on news outlets to d... 3 min USA today 4
News Donald Trump, pictured, was labelled 'divisive,... 4 min Denny CranesPlace 441
News Libertarian VP hopeful stands by Holocaust refe... 6 min Dee Dee Dee 50
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min NTRPRNR1 383,743
News Al Sharpton Calls Out Bernie Campaign Manager: ... 9 min Bob J 1440 1
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 13 min Always hopeful 213
News Government to stop using 'negro' and 'oriental' 43 min Denny CranesPlace 163
News Secret Service investigating Trump's ex-butler ... 5 hr LarryV 405
More from around the web