BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 242295 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Dale

Wichita, KS

#101919 Aug 22, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sale is Rogue? If I'm right, why this childish moniker game? If I'm wrong, forget it.
This ain't no moniker

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#101920 Aug 22, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sale is Rogue? If I'm right, why this childish moniker game? If I'm wrong, forget it.
Dale and Rogue display distinctly different cognitive pathologies.
I strongly doubt that they could be the same.(Although they both display salient narcissistic characteristics.)

“SAVING BIRTHERS FROM IGNORANCE”

Since: Jul 09

The Farm North of Hinsdale

#101921 Aug 22, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Associate Justice
Supreme Court of the United States
“A decent Respect to the Opinions of [Human]kind”:
The Value of a Comparative Perspective in
Constitutional Adjudication
International Academy of Comparative Law
American University
July 30, 2010
The invitation to greet members of this Congress was irresistible, for it revived memories of my own participation in earlier meetings of the International Academy of Comparative Law. In the 1960s, I attended Congresses in Hamburg, Uppsala, and — most delightfully — Pescara, in Abruzzi. The value of comparative studies was brought home to me at those gatherings, which — along with my affiliation with the Columbia Law School Project on International Procedure, my membership in the American Foreign Law Association, and my 1964–1972 service on the Board of Editors of the American Journal of Comparative Law — powerfully influenced my work as a lawyer, law teacher, and now judge.
As David Clark’s fine articles in 2006 and 2007 issues of the American Journal of Comparative Law relate, renowned jurists in the United States were leading participants in the formative years of the Academy. Among the bright minds engaged in the 1930s were Professors Roscoe Pound, John Henry Wigmore, Samuel Williston, and Supreme Court Justice Harlan Fiske Stone. And at the only other international congress of comparative law held in the United States, in St. Louis in 1904, Supreme Court Justice David Brewer served as congress president.
From the birth of the United States as a nation, foreign and international law influenced legal reasoning and judicial decisionmaking. Founding fathers, most notably, Alexander Hamilton and John Adams, were familiar with leading international law treatises, the law merchant, and English constitutional law. And they used that learning as advocates in legal contests.
The U. S. Constitution, in Article I, authorized Congress to define and punish “Offences against the Law of Nations,” and the very first Congress passed the Alien Tort Act, which empowers federal courts to entertain civil actions brought by an alien for a tort “committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.”
Any doubt about the tradition of judicial reference to foreign and international law was (or should have been) laid to rest by a comprehensive article composed by Steven G. Calabresi and Stephanie Dotson Zimdahl, published in 2005 in the William & Mary Law Review. The survey, running over 160 pages, shows how very wrong it is to charge that citing foreign law is a recent heresy advanced by liberal activist judges in pursuit of their political preferences.
The law of nations, Chief Justice Marshall famously said in 1815, is part of the law of our land. Decisions of the courts of other countries, Marshall explained, show how the law of nations is understood elsewhere, and will be considered in determining the rule which is to prevail here. Those decisions, he clarified, while not binding authority for U. S. courts, merit respectful attention for their potential persuasive value.
Decades later, in 1900, the U. S. Supreme Court reaffirmed that
“[i]nternational law is part of our law and must be ascertained and administered by [our] courts of justice ....[W]here there is no treaty, no controlling executive or legislative act or judicial decision, resort must be had to the customs and usages of civilized nations, and, as evidence of these, to the works of jurists and commentators, who by years of labor, research and experience, have made themselves peculiarly well acquainted with the subject of which they treat.”
Those works today, include the writings of many in this audience.
MORE
Sadly, amerlassie is so woefully uneducated and incredibly stupid that s/he doesn't realize this length quote PROVES everything that she has argued so uneducatedly against. HOW PATHETIC NOT TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT ONE POSTS!!! But so typical
Dale

Wichita, KS

#101922 Aug 22, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, you lack the intellect to demonstrate by citation to The Law or legal tradition that ANY state-issued birth document has any beariig on presidential eligibility under Art. II,§ 1,¶ 5 of the [original] United States Constitution.
Until you demonstrate that you remain yet another uneducated and ignorant "birther." DARE YOU to prove me wrong. Ha Ha Ha Ha
Sadly, you lack the intellect to know when you have been screwed, until you demonstrat you have the ability to see this, you will always be screwed. Dare you to prove me wrong. Ha Ha Ha Ha

#101923 Aug 22, 2012
JBH wrote:
HILLSDALE COLLEGE
Overview
The Economics & Business Administration Department offers a distinctly "Hillsdale" approach to Economics and Business Administration, utilizing the methodology and context of a liberal arts college to present the nature, scope, and function of economic exchange and business decision-making within a democratic, free-market society.
=====----->>>>> >>
And do they require Matrix theory too in economic courses?
But you forgot that too, as some economic courses do use Matrix concept which is more than differential equations in terms of background of mathematics--is it true or not?
Do you know Matrix theory?[EVERYONE WHO WENT TO COLLEGE IS PROFICIENT IN MATRIX ALGEBRA. ARE YOU? WHERE DID YOU LEARN MATRIX ALGEBRA?????]
Just To inform you, Romney-Ryan's ECONOMIC TEAM AND ADVISERS CONSIST OF MOSTLY THE ONES COMING out from Stanford, U of Chicago, Princeton and Columbia--so isn't that is what you want then?
Please name one adviser from U of Chicago on the Romney team. The other schools don't count much.

#101924 Aug 22, 2012
JBH wrote:
And do they require Matrix theory too in economic courses?
But you forgot that too, as some economic courses do use Matrix concept which is more than differential equations in terms of background of mathematics--is it true or not?
Do you know Matrix theory?
Please explain precisely how matrix algebra applies to macroeconomics. The Class is betting you are too uneducated to be able to do so. Please prove them wrong.

#101925 Aug 22, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Two University of Chicago Law School professors (Eric A. Posner and Adrian Vermeule) promptly published their disagreement
====
BLOWS yours "out of the water"...
FROM a "sitting" US Supreme Court Justice
1- do you approve of Judge Posner's judicial approach and why?(You know that I clerked for him.)
2- What legal weight does the opinion of any justice carry other than in the holding in a case?
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#101926 Aug 22, 2012
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing new about Anne!
Between 1965 to 1973, you had between 40,000-100,000 US military and draft-dodgers in your country, seeking shelter from the war, great bunch of guys, hope most of the stayed.
It was more like anywhere from 20 to 200,000, we'Ll never know for sure as many of them emigrated legally to Canada, applying for immigration before they received their draft notices. Most of them stayed, and a great numbr of them were the cream of the crop, it benefitted us immensely and them also, I believe. Interestingly, more women came to Canada during the Vietnam war than men. Main reasons, I beleive, were political, and disagreement with the Johnson and Nixon administrations on the conduct of the war.

My feeling on this : The young "draft dodgers" did not agree with that war and felt they could not serve. Their decision, I respect it as I respect the decision of the valiant ones that did serve. I agree with accepting them as we did simply because they were forced to fight what they deemed to be an unjust war. In retrospect, they were 100% right and that of course angered the powers-to-be even more. Your bosses, it is said, will forgive you if you are wrong, but never if you are right.

As to the few who still come to Canada these days to avoid serving in Afghnatistan and not long ago, Iraq, I don't agree with them one bit. They voluntarily joined, there is no draft, and what did they think they were joining for, beach parties? Send them back to the US I say.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#101927 Aug 22, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
A conclusion based simply on a minor premise is what's in trouble.
It embodies the very essence of a non sequitur. With no middle term, there is no connection between major and minor premises.(Doubly so since there is no major premise to connect.) BirfoonBoy cannot see the disconnect. That's because his brain is disconnected.
Pathetic. Go to college and study Logic 101, sad little twerp.
<quoted text>
If a frog had no legs, he couldn't jump, at this moment you have no legs. You can't refute any of my post.
This OK, we like to read your crap, just reinforces what we think of you.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#101928 Aug 22, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale and Rogue display distinctly different cognitive pathologies.
I strongly doubt that they could be the same.(Although they both display salient narcissistic characteristics.)
Not too scientific, my conclusion, but I would say they share the same birtheness and cluelessness.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#101929 Aug 22, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain precisely how matrix algebra applies to macroeconomics. The Class is betting you are too uneducated to be able to do so. Please prove them wrong.
He thinks matrix is same as Marxist.
1 post removed

#101931 Aug 22, 2012
JBH wrote:
I am just an amateur in mathematics and science.
Don't sell yourself short, my friend. You are just really uneducated and stupid.

#101932 Aug 22, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
"The UNITED STATES Supreme Court has already answered your question. Kerchner."
====
Dale wrote:
Irrelevant, no one knows where Mr. Obama was born, since his BC is a fraud.
TRULY BRILLIANT. Your uneducated and unsupported opinion about something truly without bearing on presidential eligibility (a state-issued birth document) trumps the LEGAL FINALITY of an action by the United States Supreme Court.
No wonder all of America considers the "birthers" to be INEFFECTIVE and uneducated malcontents.

#101933 Aug 22, 2012
Obama Fake and Fraudulent wrote:
So how many experts have said it was authentic?
Can you name even one?
HOW INCREDIBLY STUPID YOU ARE THAT -- AFTER MORE THAN FOUR YEARS -- YOU CANNOT PROVE A STATE-ISSUED BIRTH DOCUMENT HAS **ANY BEARING** ON PRESIDENTIAL ELIGIBILITY. How pathetic your lack of education has made you.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#101934 Aug 22, 2012
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, you lack the intellect to know when you have been screwed, until you demonstrat you have the ability to see this, you will always be screwed. Dare you to prove me wrong. Ha Ha Ha Ha
The buffoon lacks the competence to understand that his perpetual motion fantasy, which violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics, is "screwed," but he lacks the ability and education to understand the elementary principle. He will always be "screwed."

His understanding of law is just as pathetic as his understanding of physics. Lacking the wherewithal to comprehend his limitations, Dale is unchained from rationality. Sad.
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, you lack the intellect to demonstrate by citation to The Law or legal tradition that ANY state-issued birth document has any beariig on presidential eligibility under Art. II,§ 1,¶ 5 of the [original] United States Constitution.
Until you demonstrate that you remain yet another uneducated and ignorant "birther." DARE YOU to prove me wrong. Ha Ha Ha Ha
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101935 Aug 22, 2012
Background

Eric Posner graduated from Yale College in 1988 and from Harvard Law School in 1991. After graduation, he clerked for Judge Stephen F. Williams, U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, and served as an attorney adviser in the Office of Legal Counsel, U.S. Department of Justice. He joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1993 as an assistant professor, and moved to the University of Chicago Law School in 1998. Mr. Posner's primary research interests include contract law, bankruptcy law, and the relationship between law and social norms. He has written articles in all of these areas. He teaches classes in bankruptcy, secured transactions, and contracts. He is also editor of the Journal of Legal Studies.

Born: 1965 Education: B.A., M.A. 1988, Yale University; J.D. 1991, Harvard University.
http://home.uchicago.edu/~eposner/
==========

Do NOT see a thing about being a judge ... ;-)

#101936 Aug 22, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
"In which Article of our sacred Constitution do the words 'not subject to any foreign powers' appear? Thank you."
====
Dale wrote:
In the 14th amend.
DO YOU WANT TO ADMIT THAT YOU HAVE LIED AGAIN (AND AGAIN AND AGAIN)?
=
AMENDMENT XIV
Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.
Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Section 2.
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age,* and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Section 5.
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
====
Once again "dale" is shown to be yet another ignorant "birhter." HOW PATHETIC.

#101937 Aug 22, 2012
Dale wrote:
Your English Common Law died in 1866
If that is so, please explain how the estate of an airplane crash victim can sue the carrier.
IF YOU CANNOT ANSWER THIS VERY SIMPLE QUESTION, THEN YOU MUST BE JUDGED COMPLETELY IGNORANT ABOUT THE LAW AND OUR GREAT NATION'S GRAND 800-YEAR TRADITION OF ANGLO-AMERICAN JURISPRUDENCE.
The Class is betting you are too stupid and uneducated to be able to respond INTELLIGENTLY with citation to case law. Ha Ha Ha Ha

#101938 Aug 22, 2012
JBH wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
==
HILLSDALE COLLEGE
Overview
The Economics & Business Administration Department offers a distinctly "Hillsdale" approach to Economics and Business Administration, utilizing the methodology and context of a liberal arts college to present the nature, scope, and function of economic exchange and business decision-making within a democratic, free-market society.
=====----->>>>> >>
---------->>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>----------
You have trained a lot of scientists and technology people in USA, who have gone back to their countries, despite so many stay inside US,like people from India, Middle East and those across the world.
Just look at your Mars programs and NASA, there consist of many foreign-born as naturalized US citizens.
And outside USA, those who were trained in US, can pirate your technology and other areas as Romney said, besides making their own.
US may have best universities, but the world also has a lot of talents.
Still, USA can be top-notch at this point of time as far as what was built.
But in terms of real competition around the world, the long road is ahead, as real tests and examinations of post-doctoral people could give rise that some of these people are better than uSa in the scores.
Russia trains its own people basically and its technology is gearing up these days.
India and Japan,South Korea could easily have space and Mars programs if they have the devotion and money to do them, while China had already had them.
Huh??
It is rouge the rube who brought up Hillsdale. My only association is that I lectured there twice on the application of the Constitution to economic issues.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#101939 Aug 22, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
Terri Tanna wrote:
"The UNITED STATES Supreme Court has already answered your question. Kerchner."
====
<quoted text>
TRULY BRILLIANT. Your uneducated and unsupported opinion about something truly without bearing on presidential eligibility (a state-issued birth document) trumps the LEGAL FINALITY of an action by the United States Supreme Court.
No wonder all of America considers the "birthers" to be INEFFECTIVE and uneducated malcontents.
TRULY A STUPID reply, even the USSC by law can not install a fraud in the White House.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Realtime 1,566,383
News The Latest: Trump talks 'new immigration system... 2 min CodeTalker 5
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Buck Crikkk Crockkk 17,322
News In video: Donald Trump tells Boy Scouts - Washi... 5 min TrumpRant 39
News GOP favor dropping tax beneficial to blue states 7 min CodeTalker 7
News President Trump's new message man Anthony Scara... 10 min The FACTory 123
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 10 min old_moose 564
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 hr Chris Jarvis 8272 280,061
News Can Trump pardon anyone? Himself? Can he fire M... 9 hr old_moose 110
More from around the web