BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Read more
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#87860 Jun 29, 2012
INCUMBENT SEN. HATCH TROUNCES LILJENQUIST IN UTAH PRIMARY

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/06/26/incumbe...

This is old news but I just couldn't help myself.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#87861 Jun 29, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
This is sort of like a guy going through Army Flight School and getting washed out. He did not earn his wings.
Wouldn't you know he is another DEMOCRAT!!!
Questions About Candidate's Green Beret Claims
Jun 29, 2012
Military.com | by Bryant Jordan
Questions still linger over claims made by an Arkansas congressional candidate who said he served as a Green Beret even though official records did not substantiate his entire story.
Kenneth Aden, a former Army staff sergeant who is running in Arkansas’ 3rd District as a Democrat against incumbent Rep. Steve Womack, has said in interviews that he served tours in Iraq and Afghanistan as a Green Beret.
Aden’s campaign has circulated several documents to support his claim, including June 2008 orders awarding him a Special Forces military occupation specialty, or MOS. But according to a spokeswoman for the Special Warfare Training Center at Fort Bragg, N.C., that order tells only half the story.
The other half would be the subsequent order rescinding that MOS, said Jennifer Martin.
“When the students were entering the 18 Bravo training they would issue the orders [for the 18B MOS], and if they didn’t pass the training they would issue new orders to revoke” the first, Martin said.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/06/29...
To be honest, a FEW Republicans have made false claims like this but by far most have been DEMOCRATS!!!
You last statement. There you go again.(Reagan to Carter). Not a thought or guess or opinion, no, a STATEMENT. Can you substantiate that more democrats than Republicans lied about their war services?

That's birther philosophy. A furtive thought beomes a fact if it attacks and sullies the opposition.
1 post removed

“SAVING BIRTHERS FROM IGNORANCE”

Since: Jul 09

The Farm North of Hinsdale

#87863 Jun 29, 2012
American Lady wrote:
American Lady wrote:
"The common law of England is not the common law of these States." --George Mason
Brilliant Terri wrote
"Are you saying that there is no basis for civil law suits for negligence (e.g., malpractice), trespass, or battery?
What is the basis if it is not English common law?"
George Mason served in the third, fourth, and fifth Virginia Revolutionary Conventions and prepared the first draft of the Virginia Declaration of Rights in May 1776 and the first draft of the first Virginia constitution in June of that year. He was born on December 11, 1725, and lived all of his adult life in what became Fairfax County in 1742. His mansion house, Gunston Hall, still stands today and is one of the most notable colonial residences in Northern Virginia. Mason was a tobacco planter and land speculator, and from time to time he served in the House of Burgesses, but he intensely disliked public service and shunned the limelight. The imperial crisis that arose at the end of the French and Indian War and its impact on his western land interests led him to study the colonial charters and laws and brought him to prominence as a defender of colonial interests.
Mason served in the House of Delegates several times during the American Revolution and was one of the Virginia delegates to the Constitutional Convention in 1787, although at the last minute he refused to sign the Constitution because he disapproved of too many of its provisions. His "Objections” to the Constitution were published throughout the country and used by opponents of ratification to argue that the new government would become too powerful, that it blended, rather than separated, the legislative and executive powers, and that it lacked a bill of rights. Mason was one of the most powerful speakers against ratification at the Virginia Convention of 1788, and his speeches helped convince the convention to propose amendments to the Constitution, which in turn persuaded James Madison to introduce a draft bill of rights in the United States House of Representatives in 1789. Mason refused appointment to the United States Senate by the Virginia state legislature.
http://www.virginiamemory.com/online_classroo...
----------
Where are there such maxims in the American Constitution? In that country, which we formerly called our mother country, they have had, for many centuries, certain fundamental maxims, which have secured their persons and properties, and prevented a dismemberment of their country.
The common law, sir, has prevented the power of the crown from destroying the immunities of the people.
We are placed in a still better condition -- in a more favorable situation than perhaps any people ever were before. We have it in our power to secure our liberties and happiness on the most unshaken, firm, and permanent basis. We can establish what government we please. But by that paper we are consolidating the United States into one great government, and trusting to constructive security. You will find no such thing in the English government.
The common law of England is not the common law of these states.
I conceive, therefore, that there is nothing in that Constitution to hinder a dismemberment of the empire.
http://www.constitution.org/rc/rat_va_16.txt
No one doubts the role of Geo. Mason.
BUT YOUR POST DOES NOT ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTION:
"Are you saying that there is no basis for civil law suits for negligence (e.g., malpractice), trespass, or battery?
What is the basis if it is not English common law [or a codification thereof]?"
Cancer on the pResidency

United States

#87864 Jun 29, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text> ...firstly intiated by GWB. It should never have been started by GWB and certainly never continued by Obama, though I doubt both GWB and Obama made those decisions.
So who got killed because of "Operation Wide Receiver"?
NO ONE!
Brian Terry is dead because of Fast and Furious.
Holder and the DOJ armed the people who killed Brian Terry.
So how is Brian Terry's death GWB's fault?
IT ISN'T!
It is Holder and the DOJ's fault, and Obama has used executive privilege to protect them, making Obama complicit in the cover-up.
Cancer on the pResidency

United States

#87865 Jun 29, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it, Wojar is right. These thugs would've been armed either way, Fast and Furious or not.
No, I am right!
No one!
The fact is that Holder and the DOJ armed the people who killed him.
Take the Government provided guns out of the equation and Terry may have still been alive today.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#87866 Jun 29, 2012
Cancer on the pResidency wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ONE!
Holder and the DOJ armed the people who killed Brian Terry.
So how is Brian Terry's death GWB's fault?
IT ISN'T!
It is Holder and the DOJ's fault, and Obama has used executive privilege to protect them, making Obama complicit in the cover-up.
I just wrote a while ago that those Mexican criminals and thugs didn't need Fast and Furious guns to kill the unfortunate Brian Terry, they have plenty of their own arsenal as we all know.

Just an opinion, but Obama should not have claimed executive privilege. Holder screwed up, it would appear, throw him to the sharks is all.

#87867 Jun 29, 2012
American Lady wrote:
American Lady wrote:
"The common law of England is not the common law of these States." --George Mason
=
Brilliant Terri wrote
What is the basis if it is not English common law?"
Please explain succinctly to the Class how a matter that is brought in EQUITY -- NOT in Law -- does not follow the English common law. Thank you in advance for your erudition.
=
Article III, Section. 2.
"The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and EQUITY, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;
...--to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;--to Controversies between two or more States;-- between a State and Citizens of another State,--between Citizens of different States,... and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects."
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#87868 Jun 29, 2012
corr: invoked ex priv.
Rush

Phoenix, AZ

#87869 Jun 29, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You're out of compliance if you don't buy automobile insurance in most advanced states. So what's the big deal? And I would've thought that the body and the mind and their respective well-being are more important than an automobile, yes?
And here I thought you couldn't be any further out of touch with reality…

It's obvious that you and titti city and a few other ignorant liberals are somehow thinking that Obama has had a huge win. The only thing (and read this really slowly) the only thing that John Roberts siding with the liberals on the court accomplished was to hang around the neck of every Democrat, Republican, Independent who voted for and/or signed the largest tax increase in the history of the world.

It was pure genius on Roberts part, instead of giving liberals a reason to cry foul and giving Obama a reason to fly around the country taxpayer expense bemoaning the fact that he hasn't been able to appoint enough liberal judges To the Court, Roberts gave Obama everything he wanted BUT he insisted that it be called what it was, a TAX…

So while Joanne, you have a few other ignorant souls cling to this fallacy that this is a major victory for Obama you obviously have no long-term vision and can't see the forest for the trees. Let's look at the definition of a word that if you were smart you would be thinking about.

al·ba·tross (lb-trôs,-trs)
n. pl. albatross or al·ba·tross·es
1. Any of several large web-footed birds constituting the family Diomedeidae, chiefly of the oceans of the Southern Hemisphere, and having a hooked beak and long narrow wings.
a. A constant, worrisome burden.
b. An obstacle to success.

That's what this decision is to Democrats, Republicans, Independents who voted for and/or signed Obama care. And no I'm not talking about large web-footed birds, I'm talking about the constant worrisome burden and above all the obstacle to success.

John Roberts hung an extremely heavy albatross around the neck of Obama, patted him on the cheek and said, "here you go big boy" and for me personally the decision couldn't have been any sweeter. Because if you think for a New York second that any politician will be reelected after imposing a $700 billion tax on the American people, you have to be so out of touch with reality, and so far in the clouds that there is absolutely no hope for you.

But what John Roberts actually did was refer the case to the ultimate Supreme Court, the American people. Their decision will be rendered November 6th 2012, and oral arguments have already started LOL.
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#87870 Jun 29, 2012
Western Journalism

Fact or fiction?

Watch House Panel Vote To Condemn Holder

http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-house-...

#87871 Jun 29, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I always enjoyed bringing grad students to lunch with Nobel Laureates and other distinguished scholars. The conversations were always stimulating and sometimes resulted in great ideas that were later pursued in the laboratory resulting in new discoveries.
How unfortunate that the unwashed think education is from books.
Of course, when I stated that real education is not from books, I did not mean to imply that the dialogue between the greatest thinkers (writers) of civilization and the serious student (particularly under the guidance of a distinguished mentor) is not also REAL EDUCATION.
The College at Annapolis, perhaps, best exemplifies this:
http://www.stjohnscollege.edu/academic/readli...
http://www.stjohnscollege.edu/academic/featur...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#87872 Jun 29, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that American er hmm Lady does not even read her own cut-and-paste or fails to understand what she copies, is this definition, albeit with and exception or two, of American Common Law :
"American common law
The United States and most Commonwealth countries are heirs to the common law legal tradition of English law.[15] Certain practices traditionally allowed under English common law were expressly outlawed by the Constitution, such as bills of attainder[16] and general search warrants.[17]"
I'm not legal expert, god knows. But what does the above say? American er hmm Lady is again setting his own traps. Best he go back to elementary school.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_Unite...
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#87873 Jun 29, 2012

#87874 Jun 29, 2012
American Lady wrote:
make FUN of "his" university!!!!!!
HIS university??? It was founded in 1972 -- the founders usurped his name and cachet. Do you think Robt. Morris, the great Revolutionary financier, had anything to do with "Robert Morris University?"
=
"Welcome to George Mason University
Minutes from Washington D.C.- Founded in 1972, the university has grown into a major educational force ...."

#87875 Jun 29, 2012
American Lady wrote:
The Brilliant Terri "pretends" to know about US history....
hahaha....[SIC] tee hee hee.....[SIC];-)
The Class is waiting for the "lady" to reveal her background as a student of history and with whom he studied. Was it part of your four-week certificate program in "Criminal Justice' at the local juco?

#87876 Jun 29, 2012
wojar wrote:
New Jersey Constitution of 1776:
" XXII. That the common law of England, as well as so much of
the statute law, as have been heretofore practised in this Colony,
shall still remain in force, until they shall be altered by a
future law of the Legislature"
New York Constitution of 1777:
"XXXV. And this convention doth further, in the name and by the authority of the good people of this State, ordain, determine, and declare that such parts of the common law of England, and of the statute law of England and Great Britain, and of the acts of the legislature of the colony of New York, as together did form the law of the said colony on the 19th day of April, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and seventy-five, shall be and continue the law of this State"
Delaware Constitution of 1776:
"ART. 25. The common law of England, as-well as so much of the statute law as has been heretofore adopted in practice in this State, shall remain in force, unless they shall be altered by a future law of the legislature;"
Maryland Constitution of 1776:
"III. That the inhabitants of Maryland are entitled to the common law of England, and the trial by Jury, according that law, and to the benefit of such of the English statutes, as existed at the time of their first emigration, and which, by experience, have been found applicable to their local and other circumstances, and of such others as have been since made in England, or Great Britain, and have been introduced, used and practiced by the courts of law or equity;"
Thank you. Sadly, the ignorant and uneducated will not understand this.
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#87877 Jun 29, 2012
Roberts Shows Deft Hand as Swing Vote on Health Care

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/29/us/politics...

ROBERTS AFFECTED BY MEDICATION

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/michael-savage-rob...

#87878 Jun 29, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Sources of law
In the United States, the law is derived from four sources. These four sources are constitutional law, statutory law, administrative regulations, and the common law (which includes case law).[11]
What is the source of law that establishes negligence (malpractice) as a cause of action?
=
Compliments by the way for your erudite original expositon (obviously it's original without attribution).
Rush

Phoenix, AZ

#87879 Jun 29, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wrote a while ago that those Mexican criminals and thugs didn't need Fast and Furious guns to kill the unfortunate Brian Terry, they have plenty of their own arsenal as we all know.
Just an opinion, but Obama should not have claimed executive privilege. Holder screwed up, it would appear, throw him to the sharks is all.
Well I'll be damned Jackie I see a slight glimmer of intelligence on your part. We can actually agree that executive privilege doesn't apply in this case and shouldn't have been exerted. We also agree that Holder screwed up.

Now I know you being way up north were you're Mall roofs collapse don't really have a clue what goes on down here on the southern US border. But it's not just Brian Terry, there's also Jamie Zapata. Of course, you can't discount the fact that Brian Terry's fatal injuries were caused by two AK-47s, whose serial numbers were part of the fast and furious gun walking program.

I personally think that Eric Holder has compromising pictures of Obama doing Reggie Love, or hell, maybe even taped intimate relations between him and Obama and is holding it over Obama's head. There should really be no other reason why Eric Holder hasn't hit the bricks three years ago when he declined to prosecute the new Black Panther party for voter intimidation in Philadelphia.

The more I look at Eric Holder, the more I see J Edgar Hoover it may be the beady little eyes that are set really far apart, but I think it's more the arrogance is where I see the resemblance. But above all Holder and Obama are prime examples of why affirmative action doesn't work and is not the right thing to do. Giving someone an important job strictly on the basis of skin color may make people feel good for a little while but it ends up hurting more people in the long run when their incompetence for the job at hand comes shining through.

But I don't think Holder's going to be thrown under a bus, he's got something on Obama something really powerful to make Obama risk a constitutional crisis over a cabinet official. It just absolutely astonishing at the incompetence and stupidity of the Obama administration
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#87880 Jun 29, 2012
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
And here I thought you couldn't be any further out of touch with reality…
It's obvious that you and titti city and a few other ignorant liberals are somehow thinking that Obama has had a huge win. The only thing (and read this really slowly) the only thing that John Roberts siding with the liberals on the court accomplished was to hang around the neck of every Democrat, Republican, Independent who voted for and/or signed the largest tax increase in the history of the world.
It was pure genius on Roberts part, instead of giving liberals a reason to cry foul and giving Obama a reason to fly around the country taxpayer expense bemoaning the fact that he hasn't been able to appoint enough liberal judges To the Court, Roberts gave Obama everything he wanted BUT he insisted that it be called what it was, a TAX…
So while Joanne, you have a few other ignorant souls cling to this fallacy that this is a major victory for Obama you obviously have no long-term vision and can't see the forest for the trees. Let's look at the definition of a word that if you were smart you would be thinking about.
al·ba·tross (lb-trôs,-trs)
n. pl. albatross or al·ba·tross·es
1. Any of several large web-footed birds constituting the family Diomedeidae, chiefly of the oceans of the Southern Hemisphere, and having a hooked beak and long narrow wings.
a. A constant, worrisome burden.
b. An obstacle to success.
That's what this decision is to Democrats, Republicans, Independents who voted for and/or signed Obama care. And no I'm not talking about large web-footed birds, I'm talking about the constant worrisome burden and above all the obstacle to success.
John Roberts hung an extremely heavy albatross around the neck of Obama, patted him on the cheek and said, "here you go big boy" and for me personally the decision couldn't have been any sweeter. Because if you think for a New York second that any politician will be reelected after imposing a $700 billion tax on the American people, you have to be so out of touch with reality, and so far in the clouds that there is absolutely no hope for you.
But what John Roberts actually did was refer the case to the ultimate Supreme Court, the American people. Their decision will be rendered November 6th 2012, and oral arguments have already started LOL.
Well written. No cussing, no insults, no vulgarity. Wow. Félicitations, Rush.

For the record, though it hardly matters, I disagree with everything you advanced, right down to the last LOL. But that is my right as it is yours, as we are both part of a number of ever-dwindling countries where freedom of expression is protected by their respective constitutions and bills of rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 min thetruth 6,349
News Clinton deleted all mail from personal server 3 min ACTUALLY 34
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Blitzking 154,717
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... 11 min ACTUALLY 326
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min Brian_G 320,458
News Latest on Ferguson: Civil rights leaders condem... 21 min Mr Q 1,656
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min PolakPotrafi 1,206,427
News Official resigns after insulting Obama, Holder,... 41 min RFD 148
News Harry Reid to retire, will not be seeking re-el... 1 hr see the li 63
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr coach 175,756
More from around the web