Arizona governor heads home amid furo...

Arizona governor heads home amid furor over bill

There are 97 comments on the KTIV-TV Sioux City story from Feb 25, 2014, titled Arizona governor heads home amid furor over bill. In it, KTIV-TV Sioux City reports that:

For women who carry a notorious cancer gene, surgery to remove healthy ovaries is one of the most protective steps they can take.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTIV-TV Sioux City.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#45 Feb 26, 2014
FOX NEWS reported that Governor Brewer said that she will make a decision about the bill no later than Friday afternoon, but possibly sooner. (The 5 days runs out on Saturday).

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#46 Feb 26, 2014
carey529 wrote:
here isn't asingle liberal on this thread that actually understands the bill...just follow your "leaders", little lemmings...the constitution be damned!
Where in the Constitution does it allow businesses to skirt the law? Surely you can come up with some ridiculous bullshit.

Location hidden

#47 Feb 26, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
She is said to be careful and weigh all the issues. Isn't that what we should expect of our leaders?
Ridiculous! This is a two-page bill, which Brewer can "weigh" while snacking on crow. She just wants the attention so she can introduce her flying broom to the market.
Human Androne

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#48 Feb 26, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
FOX NEWS reported that Governor Brewer said that she will make a decision about the bill no later than Friday afternoon, but possibly sooner.(The 5 days runs out on Saturday).
;) fox is make her #1 guess list for Chil-fil-A;-00h, fox lov janitor underdog;-00

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#49 Feb 26, 2014
FOX NEWS just reported that Governor Brewer said that she will make a decision about the bill today.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#50 Feb 26, 2014
FOX NEWS just reported that Governor Brewer said that she will make a decision about the bill at 5.45pm MST today, about 10 minutes from now..
Human Androne

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#51 Feb 26, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
FOX NEWS just reported that Governor Brewer said that she will make a decision about the bill today.
;) dat is her ( Ditat Deus ) here AZ seal!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_Arizona

enjoy yo Latin translation!! ;-00000
Human Androne

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#52 Feb 26, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
FOX NEWS just reported that Governor Brewer said that she will make a decision about the bill at 5.45pm MST today, about 10 minutes from now..
U wil like this song!!!

Lionel Richie-Say Her Say Him [ lyrics ].

;)

Location hidden

#53 Feb 26, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
I'm all a-thunder. I assume she'll be accompanied by her cauldron.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#54 Feb 26, 2014
She vetoed it. All it took was the prospect of losing the Super Bowl.

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#55 Feb 26, 2014
Botox Jan came through - someone must have showed her what it really meant. Wonder who read it to her?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#56 Feb 26, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
She vetoed it. All it took was the prospect of losing the Super Bowl.
I on't know if that was the deciding factor, but I'm sure it was a consideration, considering that the NFL pulled the Super Bowl out of Arizona the last time there was a similar controversy in 1993.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#57 Feb 26, 2014
Vetoed! Lol, now you're forced to love thy neighbor. Poor thing.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#58 Feb 26, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, cretin, because you confused your stupid opinion of what law should be for what the laws now are.
I splained it already to ya. Let me do it a third time, Jethro:
Businesses may not by law discriminate against customers just on the basis of those customers being in some protected group. You might wish businesses could do so because you're a bigot, or whatever, but businesses may not. This is called "fact."
Infirm might be the wrong word. Stupidly insane and anti rational. Does that work for you, you stupidly insane moron?
Pay attention, dolt... I stated MY opinion of what it SHOULD be, where the government doesn't meddle in the affairs of business, except where public safety is involved.

You're dismissed, you blathering idiot.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#59 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
But they somehow in your addled mind are not entitled to buy food from a business of their choosing.
You're a simpleton.
At any rate, your babblings are disconnected from the clearly understood and long established laws regulating discrimination in places of public accommodations, so you're little more than a freeek sideshow attraction.
Dismissed, I said. Away with you, troll.
1 post removed
carey529

Saint Louis, MO

#61 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Listen crakkker, you're screwed up. You christianist freeeks would sue the next minute if some muslim business kept xstain fundies out on the basis of the business owner's "religious" beliefs.
No one thinks a muslim business discriminating against Christians or against stone age christianist fundies is a practice of "religious freedom." Same for xstain fundie owned businesses discriminating against those of other religions, or pushing their buybull twaddle onto unconsenting parties.
You freeeks don't support religious freedom, you want an xstain theocracy.
I'm jewish dumbfuck!
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#62 Feb 26, 2014
Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention, dolt... I stated MY opinion of what it SHOULD be, where the government doesn't meddle in the affairs of business, except where public safety is involved.
You're dismissed, you blathering idiot.
Again, that's not what you posted. You posted - inexplicably - that the government should bar discrimination by landlords. You are now contradicting that notion.

And the landlord situation is not different in kind from other necessary places of public accommodations.

What you think makes little sense.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#63 Feb 26, 2014
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm jewish dumbfuck!
Jew for jaysus, no doubt.

So you collaborate with fundie cretins who want an xstain theocracy. Why would I care what you claim your religion is on the internet? It's meaningless.

The xstain-exceptionalist theocratic laws you support reveal much more about you than your silly claims.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#64 Feb 26, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
She is said to be careful and weigh all the issues. Isn't that what we should expect of our leaders?
No. Brewer should have already weighed all the issues pertaining to this subject in light of the U.S. Constitution and existing legal precedents. She's a State Governor, for heaven's sake.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#65 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Jew for jaysus, no doubt.
So you collaborate with fundie cretins who want an xstain theocracy. Why would I care what you claim your religion is on the internet? It's meaningless.
The xstain-exceptionalist theocratic laws you support reveal much more about you than your silly claims.
shit girl!!! and i thought i was tough on the cult freaks...

you put the T and A back into militant atheist!

in your ugly, snippy little humorless bitch of a way.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former astronaut scoffs at global warming (Feb '09) 1 min Brian_G 2,398
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min Born USA 3,504
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min who cares 13,115
News RNC delegates launch 'Anybody but Trump' drive 3 min spud 71
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques Orleans 216,880
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nos TROLL is Waxman 1,395,745
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Brian_G 388,250
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 8 min Denny CranesPlace 1,199
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 2 hr Mite Be 335
More from around the web