Arizona governor heads home amid furor over bill

Feb 25, 2014 Full story: KTIV-TV Sioux City 97

For women who carry a notorious cancer gene, surgery to remove healthy ovaries is one of the most protective steps they can take.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Feb 25, 2014
I hope these R. get forced in many states by their backwards fundie and mouthbreather electoral bases to sign such laws. Well, that is when the R. in question don't actively wish to hire the sure-to-boomerang "religious freedom" bills.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Feb 25, 2014
I also wish Brewer would just sign the danged thing and let the games begin.

By the time all the dust finally settled, she'd have trashed her own political legacy, further split and crippled the GOP, made an even bigger laughingstock out of Arizona, and provided a much needed example of how thumbing your nose at the US Constitution backfires on a federal basis.

Bring it on, Big Jan!
1 post removed
Marlow

Palo Alto, CA

#4 Feb 25, 2014
Stand strong Governor Brewer!

Don't let the decent people of Arizona down!

Normal decent people all over the country are depending on you!

SIGN THE BILL!!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#5 Feb 25, 2014
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
By the time all the dust finally settled, she'd have trashed her own political legacy, further split and crippled the GOP, made an even bigger laughingstock out of Arizona, and provided a much needed example of how thumbing your nose at the US Constitution backfires on a federal basis.
Bring it on, Big Jan!
Yes, if she veto's this, it will all be forgotten and the courts will never rule on it.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#6 Feb 25, 2014
Marlow wrote:
SIGN THE BILL!!!
How long have you been in lock step agreement with the Taliban?
Bipartisandals

Da Nang, Vietnam

#7 Feb 25, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
I hope these R. get forced in many states by their backwards fundie and mouthbreather electoral bases to sign such laws. Well, that is when the R. in question don't actively wish to hire the sure-to-boomerang "religious freedom" bills.
It"s a Bipartisandals Bill!! freeduty or freedom of Beeeeeeleaf?!!! ;-00h, Janitor knew her job is;)
Bipartisandals

Da Nang, Vietnam

#8 Feb 25, 2014
Bring it on, Big Jan!
;) the game is changed from Big brother watching now is Big sis is doing with Chil-fil-Amendment 1st..........more)........

;-000h, U go Janitor
Bipartisandals

Da Nang, Vietnam

#9 Feb 25, 2014
Marlow wrote:
SIGN THE BILL!!!
so, U think it's ok for Janitor to clean up the roommerce!!! ;-0000h, go girl
Bipartisandals

Da Nang, Vietnam

#10 Feb 25, 2014
Related Topix: In the Ordering Phoenix, AZ, US Governors, Jan Brewer, Gay/Lesbian, US Politics, Mitt Romney..........more)........

U Cnn better?!!! ;-0000
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Feb 25, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
nonsense,
There's the white supremacist base of the Republican Party right there, confirming everything in the first two posts.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12 Feb 25, 2014
The governor will veto the stupid bill.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#13 Feb 25, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
The governor will veto the stupid bill.
Probably. But the fact that she's taking her sweet time about it in a blatant attempt to draw attention to herself proves what a skanky drama hag she is.
1 post removed
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Feb 25, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish that were true for you its some simplistic game, its sad that your mind was so easliy turned against your on people. not an original thought in your head just slogans and reactionary pap.
Hey mouthbreather:

We know the base of the R. Party is just as I said.

Now, if you have some argument that R. signing bills like these all over the country will not result in a backlash against the R. Party then you can formulate some argument, rather than just spastically emitting a "nonsense."

C'mon, make Himmler proud with your white supremacist prose.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#16 Feb 25, 2014
Marlow wrote:
SIGN THE BILL!!!
This is Alabama all over again inly thing missing is federal troops and a yellowing Ceorge Wallace
foster

Ashburn, VA

#17 Feb 25, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish that were true for you its some simplistic game, its sad that your mind was so easliy turned against your on people. not an original thought in your head just slogans and reactionary pap.
This is evidence white supremacy is an element of the republican base. The base radicals appeal too
1 post removed
angel

Boise, ID

#19 Feb 26, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
Love it! Its Cretins like the ones behind this Bill that are going to ensure that Repubs will not be electable again in our lifetimes.LMAO!
angel

Boise, ID

#20 Feb 26, 2014
Marlow wrote:
SIGN THE BILL!!!
I dont think for the majority of Americans Bigots,and Paranoid Hysterics qualify as 'decent people.'
The Bill is just another nail in the coffin for a once Great State that the Teabaggers have reduced to a Laughing Stock.
1 post removed

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#22 Feb 26, 2014
Bring it on, Big Jan!
Hey Otter, I just heard on the radio morning news that some Republican kook in the Missouri legislature is putting forth a bill just like the one in AZ. So if she doesn't sign this one, maybe the one in Missouri will pass, and Gov. Nixon can veto it.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#23 Feb 26, 2014
Bring it on, Big Jan!
I'll go even further and I hate to say this as we have family living in AZ.

I hope she signs the bill and then there is such Hell rained down on AZ that they are totally bankrupt and destroyed as a political body, if nothing else it would serve as a warning to other jurisdictions.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#24 Feb 26, 2014
jcofe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go even further and I hate to say this as we have family living in AZ.
I hope she signs the bill and then there is such Hell rained down on AZ that they are totally bankrupt and destroyed as a political body, if nothing else it would serve as a warning to other jurisdictions.
I'm with you. Didn't they lose a Super Bowl game over MLK day? Maybe they could lose another over this. I also heard on the radio that some large company has said that they will re-consider some business venture in AZ if this passes. Apple comes to mind, but I'm not sure that's who it was. Some people just do not learn from past experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama approves reservists for Ebola fight, gove... 8 min Positive Vibes 183
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min POLYHISTER 120,467
Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, som... 15 min Positive Vibes 1
Obama-bashing ads by abortion foe Randall Terry... (Jun '11) 22 min hornback12 80
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Grey Ghost 1,124,277
Eric Holder's legacy: From Guantanamo to Ferguson 37 min English Tea 4
Record number of black candidates seeking office 41 min CHARLES 21
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr harmonious 269,273
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 4 hr Even Steven 433
GOP types accused of 'thinly-veiled racism' for... 4 hr barefoot2626 127

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE